Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I went home again yesterday and went right to bed. And pretty much stayed there all night. I feel better again this morning, so I'll have to see what happens today. Some days, I would sell my soul for just two Advil. You made another excellent buy at the market again. Those eggs were an excellent price; we are right around $2 here for large white eggs. Just regular white eggs!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general clean-up in the kitchen, grabbed a quick shower
  • We'll have to run to Target tonight and then down to pick up the new shower fixtures for the bathroom (no way could I go to Target yesterday). Our contractor specifically told us not to buy the shower fixtures from Lowes or Home Depot.
  • Scoop the boxes

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester So glad you are feeling better today. Those headaches are tough to deal with.

Dust the furniture
Pick up some groceries.
Drop off some applesauce I made to my cousin. He gave me two package of already cleaned shrimp and I wanted to do something for him. I know, I got the best deal. But he does like applesauce.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, Winchester Winchester , the prices on eggs are just ridiculous! a dozen eggs here (at Aldi's) was $1.99 per in March, and were down to $1.69 at the end of April......:headshake: so i've been buying my eggs at the auction, as long as the price is lower. the eggs i buy there aren't all the same size in the dozen sized cartons, and i can easily convert small/medium/extra large to what i need for baking recipes (large sized eggs). i printed out a chart showing the conversions, so i just consult that as needed.

today i've moved two bags of mozzarella cheese and a chunk of pepperoni to the fridge to thaw. a little later on, i'll wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes. i'll make 3 liters of grape soda too. after that, i'll look over my budget for a bit.

shortly, i'll do some research online.

this afternoon, i'll watch something on tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's Friday and no more headache! It's the best I felt all week and I'm good to go. Thanks blueyedgirl5946 blueyedgirl5946 and micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom . Onto 4:00!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed a shower, stopped for gas for Clarence on my way to work (gas prices in PA are ridiculous again)
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Not much else going on. We might mow the yard tonight because it's to be very rainy pretty much all weekend.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll slice the pepperoni for tomorrow's english muffin pizzas making, wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and get the wood stove going as needed to take the chill off the house.

i'll read for awhile this afternoon, then watch something on tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got up this morning, fed the kids, and promptly went back to bed until around 8:00. No way could I stay awake. I seemed to be pooped all the time this week.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher
  • Rick took me out to breakfast for Mothers Day; we went this morning to avoid the crowd tomorrow. He said it was Mollipop's idea, so I thanked her when we came home
  • The strawberry cheesecake is in the oven as I type. I'll make the strawberry sauce tomorrow to serve with the cheesecake.
  • Must scoop litterboxes, vacuum, Swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
Right now, it looks like the sun is trying to break through. It just poured this morning. Rick is outside, trying to make some semblance of the vegetable garden. I'm going to call on Monday to try to rent a rototiller for next Saturday.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash. i'll slice the raspberry (carob) brownies i baked yesterday, then freeze one pan of them.

this afternoon, i'll work on some planning. then watch something on tv for a while.

i've got the wood stove going now, to take the chill off the house. it's forecast to get up to 68 degrees F today, so i won't keep the wood stove going.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was a lazy day. It was drizzling pretty much all day; Rick went back to bed and slept until 9:00. I flopped on the couch at noon and napped until 1:00. We simply don't get enough sleep during the week and the cats have us up bright and early every morning.

Back to work this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Must work on the grocery list at some point today because I didn't do it over the weekend and we're going to grab a few groceries tonight
  • Planning commission right after work and it's going to be a long one
  • Scoop the boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! Today is Pennsylvania's primary

We are in the area for severe t-storms pretty much all day today. While I was on the treadmill this morning, I watched the lightning crack across the southern sky through the basement window.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general clean-up, grabbed a quick shower, put $20 of gas into the Tucson this morning....we're at $3.05/gallon here now.
  • Another planning commission meeting after work; this, too, will be a long one
  • Stop at the municipal building on my way home to vote
  • Scoop the boxes

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We lost power around 3:00 yesterday afternoon and it never came back on until around 8:00 last night. The storms were really bad yesterday, but fortunately, we didn't lose any more trees. We were in a tornado warning for a while. We got through it OK. Rain, rain, and more rain today; it's just pouring outside right now.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, sorted the laundry on the hall floor, grabbed a (really) quick shower
  • Trash night and laundry night
  • A quick vacuum

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad it's Thursday...and tomorrow is Friday. We've been saying that there aren't enough days in a weekend.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed a shower
  • Doctor appointment first thing this morning
  • Depending on the weather, we may try to mow yard tonight as we are to get rain Friday, Saturday, and perhaps Sunday as well
  • If no mowing, I need to straighten-up a bit around the house

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
TGIF! No mowing last night.
  • Breakfast for the kids, some straightening-up in the house, made the bed, grabbed a quick shower
  • Run to the store for fresh garlic and a nice chunk of Parmesan
  • Scoop the boxes tonight
  • I took a whole chicken out of the freezer the other day to thaw in the fridge. I'm doing rotisserie-style chicken in the oven tomorrow, so I'll have to get it out of the fridge, clean it, and rub the seasonings on it, then let it chill all night. It's to rain pretty much all day on Saturday, so it's a good time to roast a chicken. And this recipe is simply delicious.
  • Making garlic-Parmesan yeast rolls this weekend. I'll make the dough tonight, let it rise and chill in the fridge all night, then make the rolls tomorrow morning before I throw the chicken in the oven. I think tomorrow will be a good day to spend in the kitchen.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may have called in sick to work today and then cleaned my 400 square foot apartment for 7 hours. It makes it sound like it was a mess, but it really wasn't that bad, I just did a deep clean, like moved all my furniture to vacuum and clean the carpet, rearranged things and "created" a little hideaway for the litter boxes.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
well, the cakes came out of the pans and parchment paper was easily peeled off -- no problems whatsoever! :yess: and the carob chips and maraschino's did not sink to the bottom! :thumbsup: i sprinkled the tops of the cakes with a little powdered sugar, and they're just perfect that way. they're sliced and etc, and in the freezer now.

bread making and prepping the potatoes has had to be delayed. something else took priority today.

i did wash the dishes, and will scoop the litter boxes shortly.
Another way to keep raisins, chips, etc. from sinking to the bottom is to very lightly coat them with flour (or cake mix if you're using that).

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's a very rainy Saturday in central PA.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher
  • Baked the garlic-Parmesan rolls; they're cooling down and then I'll bag them and throw them in the freezer. I'll put the chicken in the oven around 11:00; we're having an early dinner today, around 3:30 or so.
  • Scooped the boxes, will do a quick vacuum about the house
  • Wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • Oh, we have to go over to my sister's to take care of their cats sometime this afternoon

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another way to keep raisins, chips, etc. from sinking to the bottom is to very lightly coat them with flour (or cake mix if you're using that).
ahhh, thank you for that tip!! :D

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going 'low and slow'. it's chilly and raining here, and forecast to rain all day/night. :sigh:

i'll get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, freeze some extra bananas (for use in banana walnut blondies, in the fall), then work on the budget and some planning this afternoon.

after that, i'll likely watch something on tv.

i went to the local produce auction this week, and brought home: a quart of fresh homegrown tomatoes for $2.25, 6 candles in tall jars at 36 cents per (i figured that at that low price, i'd buy some to set aside for use in power outages -- not that power outages happen often here), two net bags of beets (probably about 3 pounds each or so) for 25 cents each -- absolutely no one wanted them (i adore beets! :yummy: so i prepped them and canned them), 3 cherry tomato plants at $1 each, four 1 lb packages of Imperial brand margarine for 75 cents per (they're in the freezer now), two 2 lb packages of Lil Smokies (they're like...mini hot dogs, but smoked -- i plan on using them with mac'n'cheese) at $1.75 each, a box of 24 nut rolls for $6 (the seller had a couple cases of boxes; last week he had them too, and they sold for $7 per box of 24. i have mine stored in the spare fridge, so the caramel layer on them won't melt during the heat of the summer months), two 1 1/2 pound packages of smoked turkey breast cold cuts at $3 per, and two 1 gallon containers of Kraft blue cheese salad dressing :cloud9: (i love blue cheese!) for $1 each.

Last edited:

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1 Got up at 4:30 and watched the ROYAL WEDDING at a friend's house
2 Got an estimate for car repairs
3 Went to the shelter and got more dry food for my fosters
I have a bunch of other things to do but those were the first 3

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ahhh, thank you for that tip!! :D

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going 'low and slow'. it's chilly and raining here, and forecast to rain all day/night. :sigh:

i'll get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, freeze some extra bananas (for use in banana walnut blondies, in the fall), then work on the budget and some planning this afternoon.

after that, i'll likely watch something on tv.

i went to the local produce auction this week, and brought home: a quart of fresh homegrown tomatoes for $2.25, 6 candles in tall jars at 36 cents per (i figured that at that low price, i'd buy some to set aside for use in power outages -- not that power outages happen often here), two net bags of beets (probably about 3 pounds each or so) for 25 cents each -- absolutely no one wanted them (i adore beets! :yummy: so i prepped them and canned them), 3 cherry tomato plants at $1 each, four 1 lb packages of Imperial brand margarine for 75 cents per (they're in the freezer now), two 2 lb packages of Lil Smokies (they're like...mini hot dogs, but smoked -- i plan on using them with mac'n'cheese) at $1.75 each, a box of 24 nut rolls for $6 (the seller had a couple cases of boxes; last week he had them too, and they sold for $7 per box of 24. i have mine stored in the spare fridge, so the caramel layer on them won't melt during the heat of the summer months), two 1 1/2 pound packages of smoked turkey breast cold cuts at $3 per, and two 1 gallon containers of Kraft blue cheese salad dressing :cloud9: (i love blue cheese!) for $1 each.

Status
Not open for further replies.