Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A fresh tomato and mayo sandwich is the best thing to eat in the world.
i totally agree!!! :D

today i'll get the two roasting chickens baked, then remove all the chicken from the bones, and that will go into the fridge to cool until tomorrow. after i get the chickens in the oven, i'll wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes. then i'll slice the loaf of bread i made the other day. i'll keep the wood stove going.

after that's all done, i'll either read for a while, or watch some tv shows or a movie/documentary.

Candybee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today I did the grocery shopping and also stopped at Petco for a laser toy for Gypsy. It's a lazy Sunday so I didn't really do anything. I just spent some time grooming and petting Gypsy. Tonight I am waiting to watch The Walking Dead and a new show called The Terror ? I think. Hopefully Gypsy will curl up on the couch with me for tv time tonite!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Contractor is coming today to finish installing the bottom cabinet. Still waiting to hear from the granite guys for templating the counter top. I'll be glad to get the cabinet out of the middle of the living room; we kept the box over the cabinet because of very curious cats. I'm off work because of the cabinet being installed today. Depending on what time the contractor comes I may go into work this afternoon.

We had taken Rick's secretary's desk from the living room and stuck it in the bedroom while the cabinets were in the living room. I'm looking forward to getting the desk back into the living room and getting things back in a bit of order around here.
  • Breakfast for the kids, stripped the bed down and the sheets are in the washer, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes
  • Vacuum the house
  • Grocery list is done, Easter menu is done, and I'm ready for grocery-shopping tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today, i've moved a 5 lb chub of ground chicken to the fridge to thaw -- will be making ground chicken taco burgers with all of it once it's thawed, cooking but not browning the patties, then vacuum sealing in two patty portions and freezing them. i figure i'll thaw them, and then heat/brown them. i'll serve them with a slice of pepper jack cheese on them...:yummy:

i'll take the roast chicken (i got about 3 1/2 quarts of chicken from the two roasting chickens i baked yesterday) and portion it into vacuum sealer bags, seal 'em up, and freeze them.

after that, i'll start writing up next month's budget, the 'standard' deductions. i'll probably watch something, maybe a movie or documentary.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You are all making me tired with your lists. :lol:

So far today it has been

- treadmill time
- fasting blood work
- pick up a package at Fedx.

Aaron is working from home and I always get WAY less done on those days.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Off again today. The granite guys are coming in to template for the bathroom countertop. :yess: They'll install next week.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sorted some laundry, will scoop the boxes
  • Appointment for our taxes tonight
  • I'm going to clean up a bit in the computer room, put stuff back into bathroom drawers, etc. I'm going to work on my closet, too, getting out warmer weather clothes, etc.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester -- the granite guys are coming to template for the bathroom countertop, and they'll install it next week!!! :banana2: most wonderful news!! :D

today i'll move the buckets of cat litter that arrived yesterday, then grab the mashed bananas portions from the freezer and move those to the fridge to thaw (for friday's banana bread loaves baking :yummy:). i'll also run the bread that i've dried out through the food processor, add to the rest that i have in a container, and then add the spices to make it into seasoned breadcrumbs -- i need that for the ground chicken taco burgers i'll be making on thursday.

after that, i'll continue writing up next months budget's 'standard' deductions.

i'll keep the wood stove going, wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes too.

i think i'll watch something on tv after that. many times i just need to sit and let the tv more or less do the thinking for me, otherwise i'll move on to other things that could use doing.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I was excited to see the guys this morning. It's been a long time coming (or it seems that way). We still have to wait a while before the shower and the new window can be installed, but we're getting there!

kmbishop111

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Started off the day dreaming I was getting ready for work. :spew:
Guess what, I wasn't. LOLOL My boss calls TEN times, The eleventh woke me up..:vibes:
(I'm a hard sleeper and had worked last night so I was super tired.)
  • Late for work, but worked over to make up for it
  • Finished my resume for a Vet Tech job I'm going out for tomorrow
  • My dad and I planted a Peach tree in my front yard and discussed the layout for my garden this year. (It's our quality time together)
  • Fed the colonies
  • Clay mask facial as I'm typing this, bought some self tanner for my Pastey McWhitey complexion I have going on right now. Think I'll schlack about 4 coats of it on after exfoliating. :rockout:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll be pre-measuring for the banana bread loaves, a double batch of Brookie bars, and a double batch of peanut butter swirl brownies. i might just go ahead and also pre-measure for the double batches of carob brownies and mint carob brownies too -- they're up next, after baking the banana bread loaves, Brookie bars, and pb swirl brownies. this is the start of baking desserts ahead (and freezing them) for the hot summer months.

i'll pull out the last 5 lb chub of ground chicken and move it to the fridge to thaw. i figure that i might as well use part of that to make more ground chicken taco burger patties, and two pounds of it will be used for two pans of ground chicken burrito casserole -- but i'll brown the ground chicken and freeze it in one pound portions, then thaw and use for the casseroles when i'm ready for that.

i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

i completed 'doing up' the budget's standard deductions yesterday, so i'll move on to work on some planning for a while this afternoon. after that, i'll watch something on tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last work day of the week; Rick and I have off for the Good Friday holiday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed a quick shower
  • Call the kennel for The Beast to schedule her "visit". Rick will be going to bowling States and I don't take care of The Beast when he's not home, so she'll be kenneled while he's gone.
Rick is working OT tonight, but I don't have to rush around with dinner because he's on an off-week for bowling. I think we're going to lounge around and not do much of anything. I'll probably hang out in bed with the M & Ms and watch Mysteries at the Museum. Five minutes and I'm usually fast asleep...it's not that I don't enjoy the show; I do. It's just that a comfy bed, a warm electric blanket, Molli and Muffin cuddled in with me, and......:sleep::sleep2: Rick comes back to bed and the girls are all snuggled up with me under the covers and the three of us are sound asleep.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oh wow, I'm excited! The fillers for the crown moulding came in and Rick brought them home. This means that, the granite counter top will be installed in the bathroom on Tuesday. And the contractors can come back on Wednesday and finish their stuff: installing the top cabinet, the plumbing and the sinks, the mirrors, etc. And then the electrician can come back to finish the lighting.

We still have the new shower yet to be installed and the new window. That will be done at the end of April. We are finally seeing a light at the end of this very long tunnel.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sitting back here drinking my morning coffee, must scoop the boxes
  • Errands: banking, Target, Lowes, the butcher shop in town, the candy store in town (to pick up some chocolates for Rick's mom for Easter)
  • I have a hair appt this afternoon
  • Will be making pickled/red beet eggs tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this afternoon, i'll be mixing up and then sauteeing the ground chicken taco burgers. i'll cool them overnight in the fridge, and tomorrow will vacuum seal in portions then into the freezer. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

i'll see if i have time to finish making the last of the seasoned breadcrumbs today, will be for the second (smaller) batch of ground chicken taco burgers.

sometime today or tonight, i'll get another loaf of bread machine bread making.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We didn't get nearly enough done that we wanted to yesterday. Some other things cropped up and we had to take care of them. So what we didn't get done yesterday, we'll do today.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap
  • Hit the bank, Lowes, Target, etc (didn't get it done yesterday)
  • I'll probably work on some laundry today
  • Making hot cross buns and cupcakes today, we took the Easter ham out of the freezer on Thursday morning and it's thawing nicely in the fridge
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer
My GF had cataract surgery on Thursday and she doesn't feel like cooking on Easter, so she and her husband are coming here for Easter dinner.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i got the ground chicken taco burgers made yesterday. :sweat: that was using 8 pounds of ground chicken, and i got 27 burgers out of it. they turned out really very good too!! so today i'll vacuum seal in two burger portions, then freeze almost all (22) of them -- with 1 burger being my dinner yesterday, 2 burgers which will be dinners for tonight and tomorrow nights, and two more burgers being frozen temporarily and then thawed and reheated (after i finish the two kept in the fridge).

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

the 'main event' for today will be baking banana bread loaves, 4 loaves baked in one oven cycle (like i did with the meatloaves). i'll also check the peanut butter swirl brownies recipe, to make sure i don't need to thaw anything for it -- that's tomorrow's 'main event'.

after that i may watch some tv.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
And back to work. Rick brought me in this morning. The local weather weenies were calling for 1-2 inches of white stuff. We got up at 5:00, walked out to the kitchen, turned the back yard floodlight on and Rick said, "Get a move on. I'm taking you in." At that point, we had about five inches and it was still coming down. 1-2 inches, huh? Maybe in their universe. Not on our hill. We have more snow today today than we did during any of the blasted nor-easters! April Fool indeed! PennDOT hadn't been out the road or anything and the roads are not good right now. Rick texted me that he got to work OK, but it was very slow-going.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, and got ready for work
  • Must work on a grocery list; we'll grab a few groceries tonight (maybe)
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Remove stuff from the bathroom so the granite guys can come in tomorrow to install the counter top. (We had put boards down so that we could keep some things in the bathroom that we use all the time.)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...the granite guys are installing the bathroom countertop tomorrow!! :yess:

yesterday i baked five ovensful of banana walnut blondies......:thud:that's two pans per ovenful, which was 10 pans total, and that gave me 7 1/2 dozen blondies. that was not my original plan for yesterday. you see, i had mashed bananas a ways back and frozen them, for the banana bread loaves. when i did that, i mashed 7 bananas per portion, thinking (for some unknown reason) that that was 7 bananas per loaf of banana bread. well, i always double the recipe, to make two loaves, and that uses 7 bananas. so when i thawed the mashed banana portions 4-6 days ago, i pulled out four 7-banana portions......that would make 8 loaves of banana bread!!! :rolleyes: i only needed to make 4 loaves. so i had a lot of extra thawed mashed bananas. the easiest recipe i have using mashed bananas is for Blondies, Infinitely Adaptable (from Smitten Kitchen...:cloud9:), and i used a total of 4 1/2 cups of mashed bananas making all those banana walnut blondies (the recipe includes a list of possible 'add in's', such as mashed bananas and chopped walnuts). now i only have 3/4 cup of mashed bananas left to use up......:clap: i'll add them to my cream of wheat for a few days, along with some granulated peanuts and the leftover (from banana bread making) coconut milk. and it works out to be ideal, that i baked all those banana walnut blondies, too! i don't plan to start in on the meals and desserts i'm currently in the process of 'putting up' until June 1st, and i do have some dessert portions still in the freezer but not enough to get me through until June 1st. those banana walnut blondies take care of that, i'm set with desserts to get me through until June 1st, and also have the two pans of them that i'd planned on putting up. someone had things all planned out for me......:D

so today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll bake the two pans of peanut butter swirl brownies, cool them, portion and freeze them. i'll also make 3 liters of root beer. i'll check the recipe for Brookie Bars (tomorrow's baking effort), to make sure i've got everything i need to thaw, thawed -- i'm pretty sure it was just butter, but want to make sure i have everything ready.

after that, i'll watch something on tv.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...the granite guys are installing the bathroom countertop tomorrow!! :yess:

yesterday i baked five ovensful of banana walnut blondies......:thud:that's two pans per ovenful, which was 10 pans total, and that gave me 7 1/2 dozen blondies. that was not my original plan for yesterday. you see, i had mashed bananas a ways back and frozen them, for the banana bread loaves. when i did that, i mashed 7 bananas per portion, thinking (for some unknown reason) that that was 7 bananas per loaf of banana bread. well, i always double the recipe, to make two loaves, and that uses 7 bananas. so when i thawed the mashed banana portions 4-6 days ago, i pulled out four 7-banana portions......that would make 8 loaves of banana bread!!! :rolleyes: i only needed to make 4 loaves. so i had a lot of extra thawed mashed bananas. the easiest recipe i have using mashed bananas is for Blondies, Infinitely Adaptable (from Smitten Kitchen...:cloud9:), and i used a total of 4 1/2 cups of mashed bananas making all those banana walnut blondies (the recipe includes a list of possible 'add in's', such as mashed bananas and chopped walnuts). now i only have 3/4 cup of mashed bananas left to use up......:clap: i'll add them to my cream of wheat for a few days, along with some granulated peanuts and the leftover (from banana bread making) coconut milk. and it works out to be ideal, that i baked all those banana walnut blondies, too! i don't plan to start in on the meals and desserts i'm currently in the process of 'putting up' until June 1st, and i do have some dessert portions still in the freezer but not enough to get me through until June 1st. those banana walnut blondies take care of that, i'm set with desserts to get me through until June 1st, and also have the two pans of them that i'd planned on putting up. someone had things all planned out for me......:D

so today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll bake the two pans of peanut butter swirl brownies, cool them, portion and freeze them. i'll also make 3 liters of root beer. i'll check the recipe for Brookie Bars (tomorrow's baking effort), to make sure i've got everything i need to thaw, thawed -- i'm pretty sure it was just butter, but want to make sure i have everything ready.

after that, i'll watch something on tv.
I am in awe of how much cooking and baking you do. I do want to ask, what happens when the power goes out at your house? Won't all your food go bad?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in awe of how much cooking and baking you do. I do want to ask, what happens when the power goes out at your house? Won't all your food go bad?
:jawdrop: i've lived here for coming up on 7 years. although it's a rural area, any power outages we've had have always been fixed in no longer than a few hours. of course, during the winter months, it so cold that all i'd need to do would be to move everything from my kitchen fridge to the back enclosed porch -- it's not heated. during the summer months, it would be :crossfingers: that the power is restored relatively quickly.

right now, i'm putting up, freezing, meals and desserts ahead for the hot summer months. once June 1st comes along, the range oven goes 'on hiatus' and i won't cook or bake until it cools down in the fall, except maybe a couple batches of pork fried rice made using the burners on the stove top once or twice during the summer. i do occasionally use the toaster oven during the summer months, only at night and only if the temperature is cool enough that night.

i'll also print a few recipes today, that i found online. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.