Name Three Things - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I will drop off some books and DVDs at the library, I will make a quick stop at Aldi, and I will continue to work on crocheting the hippo I started last night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i didn't get the two cakes frosted yesterday, they needed to cool and it was already late afternoon. so i'll get the buttercream made, frost the cakes, and then slice/wrap/label/freeze them. the cake recipe has chopped maraschino's as well as mini chocolate (/carob) chips in it, and the recipe said they'd tend to sink to the bottom of the cake and 'stick to the bottom big time'. so i used parchment paper, and ran my carob chips (regular sized ones) through the food processor to chop them up a bit. that, along with using carob powder instead of cocoa powder -- using carob powder tends to make a slightly thicker batter in my experience, might just be enough to allow the cake to not be...laminated to the parchment paper......but we'll see. i have made some plans as to how to approach removing the parchment paper, should the cake be really stuck to it.

i'll get a loaf of bread making in the bread machine, as well as peel and thinly slice the potatoes for the two pans of kielbasa and scalloped potatoes which i'll make later this week -- i'll put the sliced potatoes in water in a container, and store it in the fridge.

i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going.

after that, i'll watch something on tv, enjoying the warmth of the wood stove while sitting in the rocking chair -- i'm sure our DeeDee and likely Dude will curl up on my lap for a while too. :cloud9:
well, the cakes came out of the pans and parchment paper was easily peeled off -- no problems whatsoever! :yess: and the carob chips and maraschino's did not sink to the bottom! :thumbsup: i sprinkled the tops of the cakes with a little powdered sugar, and they're just perfect that way. they're sliced and etc, and in the freezer now.

bread making and prepping the potatoes has had to be delayed. something else took priority today.

i did wash the dishes, and will scoop the litter boxes shortly.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and use the wood stove as needed -- we're forecast to have a high of 69 degrees F today! :bliss:

i'll pre-measure (dry ingredients) for two pans of banana bread and 3 pans of carob chip blondies. these will be baked during one oven cycle.

i'll also move three servings of ground chicken burrito casserole to the fridge to thaw.

i've already done some printing, and made a phone call.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I will:

1. go to Tractor Supply to get sweet feed, milk replacer, and chick starter/grower for the week.

2. mail my mom's birthday card

3. stop at the grocery store to find more "Just Crack an Egg" cups - they're fantastic with fresh eggs from the hens :)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll pre-measure the dry ingredients for a cake, and the Mounds brownies that i'll get started making tomorrow. i'll also work on my budget for a bit. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going 'low and slow (burning)'.

after that, i'll watch something on tv.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm washing cat beds, will probably clean the bathroom and will vacuum cat fur off rugs in a bit.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, slice the loaf of bread i made yesterday, make the pizza sauce (for the pizza i'll be baking on Sunday), take out the (full) scraps bag, and take a look over my budget for a bit.

i'll wait and see if there's a need to run the wood stove this evening/night for a bit. i'll likely watch some tv this afternoon.

i've completed putting up meals, granolas, and desserts for the hot summer months. :yess: and i got 6 pints of maraschino cherry juice jelly, from the gallon jar of maraschino's. :yummy:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It's been a kind of busy two weeks or so and a lot of stuff going on. Now that the weather has gotten warmer, we've been outside quite a bit.

We lost two more trees on Thursday night, due to a severe wind shear during a storm. Rick called the guys Thursday night and they're coming over to remove them; we lost a maple and another pine tree. The maple split in half, the split half fell into the pine tree and took the top of the pine tree off. At this rate, we're not going to have any trees left in the back yard; we're up to nine trees now that we've had to remove in about six weeks.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my coffee
  • Errands: banking, Target, Lowes, I'd like to run into a pet store because they're having a fund-raiser for a local kitty store (they have adoptable pets in the kitty store and have been doing very well in getting the cats adopted). I can't take in another cat, but I like to support the kitty store.
  • Mow the yard today. I think it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so we need to get it done today. A good vacuuming about the house, wipe the kitchen and bathroom down, do a quick swiffer in the living room

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Catch up some laundry. Hubby's 8th grade graduation class is meeting at a local restaurant for a meal today. We will go to that.

Spiffy up the bathrooms.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've still got the loaf of bread to slice, as well as making the pizza sauce and taking out the scraps bag. so i'll do that today. i'll also wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

we had a power outage last night, for about 3 hours. very high gusty winds caused that. those winds were pretty bad all day yesterday, and i told my three (cats) that there would likely be a power outage(s) somewhere in the general area. we lost power at 8:45 pm, and it came back on about 3 hours later. :sigh: i had already set out the candle (in a jar) and the flashlight, so we were prepared for the outage.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's supposed to rain pretty much all day today, so we'll be indoors. I cleaned yesterday, but will vacuum again this afternoon; Tabby used one of the litterboxes back here and I think there's more litter outside the box than inside. I swept it up, but it should be vacuumed. We can always tells when Tabby uses a box because of all the litter.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, stripped the bed, sorted laundry and am working on the second load of laundry now
  • Vacuum this afternoon
  • Manicure tonight
I'm not doing much today.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll be making a pepperoni pizza, and i'm thinking to bake the cake after the pizza comes out of the oven -- while the oven is already heated up. i'll cool the cake in the spare fridge, then frost it tomorrow, and slice it the next day.

i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and have the wood stove going for a short time -- both to take the chill off the house, and to create the warmth needed to allow the pizza dough to rise.

i've already paid a bill today. and later this afternoon i'll watch something on tv for a while.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
When I said I wasn't doing much yesterday (Sunday), I guess I wasn't kidding. Other than some laundry, I spent the day on the sofa reading. On my iPad, I finished one library e-book, then read two more and returned them....I'm on a John Sandford kick right now with Lucas Davenport mysteries. I also spent some time going through my Kindle Paperwhite, checking out free e-books that I've downloaded. And that was pretty much my Sunday. It was rainy and cool outside, so a perfect day for reading. Rick spent his afternoon on his computer, working through some union stuff and getting reports printed. Lazy Sundays are really nice and we don't have them that often.
  • Back to work today :sigh:, breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed a quick shower, mailed some stuff off for Dear Richard on my way into work
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop the boxes and do some general straightening-up around the house

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today, i've paid a bill, and made a phone call. will have another phone call to make this afternoon.

i've got the dishes to wash, litter boxes to scoop, and possibly take the chill off the house with the wood stove at some point. i'll make the frosting and frost the cake -- it's the Hershey's chocolate (/carob) cake with whipped peanut butter frosting that Winchester Winchester shared with us......:cloud9: thank you -- it's simply an incredibly tasty cake, and the whipped peanut butter frosting is heavenly!

other than that, i'll have a quiet rest of the day. i'm thinking of watching a movie or documentary.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finish the ironing I was too tired to do yesterday.
Turn on the robot vacuum. I am trying to think of a name for her.
Do some filing of paperwork and see if I have any bills to be paid.
Cook some fish I found in my freezer yesterday. I will have to put it on the porch to cook it some way. Don't know if I want if baked or fried. Guess I need to open the box to see what king of fish it is, then decide how to cook it.
I took out some venison burger to make a meat loaf for hubby since he is allergic to fish. I will stir fry some cabbage to go with the meal and make him some mashed potatoes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm so glad you like that recipe; I can say that it's a favorite with our family and friends, too. It's a keeper.

I have been dealing with a really bad migraine again. It started the other night and it will not go away. This morning is the first day since Monday night that I've felt halfway human, but the pain is still there, lurking behind my eyes. Yesterday was really bad and the last thing I wanted to do was come into work, but I made it through the day (and went home last night and went to bed right away). It's not too bad today and I think I'm through the worst of it.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher....and went back to bed. There was no way I could do the treadmill this morning.
  • Laundry night and trash night tonight
  • Run down to Target for meds for both Rick and me, although we could probably let it go til tomorrow night
And that's it. I'm hoping for an early night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm glad you're starting to feel a bit better, Winchester Winchester ! :hugs:

today i moved more firewood into the back enclosed porch -- the wood is fully seasoned and dry (no major rain recently), and i'm starting to reorganize the firewood outdoors for the new load (8 1/2 face cords) that'll be delivered coming up soon enough.

then i moved on to reorganizing items in two closets. followed by folding and putting away the dryer load, from the laundry i did yesterday evening.

i also scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash. i didn't have many dishes, so will get to those either this evening or tomorrow morning.

i went to the local produce auction this week, and brought home: two 2 rope packages of kielbasa :yummy: (which i put in the freezer) for $4 per, a 10 pound bag of red potatoes (yes, i had finished off that 20 pound bag of potatoes that i'd bought a ways back) at $3, two cartons of a dozen farm fresh brown eggs :cloud9: for $1.25 each, six packages of sugar cookies at 50 cents per, four packages of Thomas' english muffins (6 muffins per package, and i chose the whole grain ones) for $1 each, and a roaster set (included a rack, and two lifting 'forks' -- those will come in handy ;) ) for $1.50. that roaster rack is pretty sturdy! much sturdier than one (of the two i have had) of mine is. :agree: there were several other items at the auction that i bid on, but the bidding got higher than my 'max bid' that i'd set for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.