- Went to work.
- Played with the cat.
- Shamelessly watched/am watching endless episodes of "The Mick"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We got the wood hauled over to the garden yesterday. So I need to do the cleaning today that I didn't get done on Saturday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, stripped the bed and changed sheets, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap
  • Working on the second load of laundry
  • Vacuum, do a quick swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • Visit Rick's mother and take some cupcakes up to her
  • Manicure tonight

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Change a burned out light bulb in the kitchen ceiling light.

Keep searching for positions I can apply to. I applied to 3 yesterday.

Keep searching for a nearly perfect app to use for a mini version of Leroy's daily IBD log so I can show the vet at appointments instead of lugging a huge binder. The one I have at the moment sort of works but lacks features I need and I have no idea why there's a calendar that you can't create appointments or reminders in.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going, drained off the condensation (on underside of lids) from the containers of sloppy joes and labeled them then into the freezer, got bread making in the bread machine, and moved some frozen cauliflower florets to the fridge to thaw.

i'll also move some pork chops to the fridge to start thawing today.

this afternoon, i'll work on some planning -- the list for my next grocery shopping. after that, i'll watch some tv...maybe a documentary or two.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
And another work week begins....
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill (and they were long miles this morning), made the bed, general clean-up in the kitchen, and grabbed a shower
  • Put some gas into Clarence on my way into work this morning
  • Must call the vet to renew the Prozac prescription and get more Interceptor Plus for The Beast (who got a bath yesterday and wasn't happy about it)
  • I never did get the grocery list done over the weekend, so I'll work on it today sometime. We'll grab a few groceries tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've kept the wood stove going (was quite chilly this morning, too), moved some items to the fridge to thaw, and did some printing.

i didn't get to doing any work on the list for my next grocery shopping yesterday, so i'll get that done today. i got involved in a movie based on one of Agatha Christie's books -- wow, that one was twisted.

this afternoon, i'll slice the loaf of bread i made yesterday, make 3 liters of orange soda, wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes. i'll also look at the two recipes i'll be using tomorrow -- will be making baked meatballs, then making two sauces to mix them into......a sweet and sour sauce, and a stroganoff sauce. i'll freeze the two types of meatballs in sauce, in portions -- they'll be served over rice, when they're thawed.

after that, i'll watch something on tv.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Reheat some gluten- and lactose-free pizza that I made last night. I've never attempted gluten-free pizza before, but it turned out okay, even though the dough looked like mashed potatoes before I rolled it out... :lol:
- Write in my journal.
- Might finish cleaning if I'm feeling inspired enough.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning ritual stuff ~ Including Artie's stuff
Tax account
Trader Joes
home..
pay a couple of bills.. at least write out check and mail tomorrow.
phone call

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Micknsnicks2mom
I read a lot of Agatha Christie's books when I was a teenager. I have always liked mysteries.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Micknsnicks2mom
I read a lot of Agatha Christie's books when I was a teenager. I have always liked mysteries.
me too!! i read a lot of her books too, when i was a teenager! :D and with Agatha Christie mysteries, i'm not usually able to figure out the culprit.

today i'll be making the baked meatballs, making the two sauces, mixing sauces in with meatballs, and then vacuum sealing in portions (this part will likely be tomorrow, once the meatballs and sauce have cooled off in the fridge). after the meatballs come out of the oven, i'll put the pork chops in to bake -- i might as well get those done too, while the oven is already heated up. i'll wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'll also move two roasting chickens to the fridge to thaw.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed a quick shower
  • Must take the Nook back up to Rick's mom today, hopefully during lunch. She needed more library e-books put on and the nursing home's internet system is slower than snails, so I usually take it home, add the books, do a good charge, do a good cleaning (fingerprints galore!), and then bring it back.
  • Run down to the vet tonight to pick up the Interceptor Plus for The Beast, stop at Target to grab her Prozac.
It's Tuesday, so nothing on the television that interests me. I'll be trying for an early night. And hoping that this nor-easter misses us again.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- some time on the treadmill
- get the dishwasher going
- general straightening

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Washed a couple of Artie's things: cover sheet for bed and the plush fleece throw
Regular morning routine
Noontime Mass at church
RiteAid to pick up some scripts
Walmart for a few things... man, I so, dislike that store.....

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
cleaned the litter boxes
on my second cup of tea
looked out at the 4 inches of snow and sighed

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The replacement cabinet for the bathroom came in yesterday; Rick is bringing it home this afternoon. The contractors will be coming in on Monday to finish cabinet installation. The electrician is coming in tonight to install the new bathroom heater and to put in some receptacles and the ceiling light.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, general straightening up a bit, grabbed my shower
  • Not much really going on. I may do some "window" shopping online tonight after Rick leaves to bowl. Then a bit of Nintendo. Followed by bed.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
TGIF! And I have a three-day weekend coming up! :yess:
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, general straightening up a bit, scooped the boxes and grabbed a quick shower
  • Waiting for a call from the granite place to verify a date for templating for the bathroom counter top
  • Target, BB & B, Lowes tonight (if Rick feels OK as he awakened with a headache this morning)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just some 'finishing up' things to do today for me. i washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out a bag of trash, and have kept the wood stove going. i also did a little more reorganizing in the freezers.

the two roasting chickens are thawed now, so tomorrow i'll roast them together -- same oven cycle, using two roasting pans.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Saturday! Finally!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee
  • Must run some errands and Rick would like to go out for breakfast this morning
  • Going to my GF's tonight. I had so much trouble trying to stay online with her computer the other week that I gave up. I thought her router was going bad and I was right. She got a new router and things are going so much better. I'm going up tonight to install Kaspersky on her computer for her.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The replacement cabinet for the bathroom came in yesterday; Rick is bringing it home this afternoon. The contractors will be coming in on Monday to finish cabinet installation. The electrician is coming in tonight to install the new bathroom heater and to put in some receptacles and the ceiling light.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, general straightening up a bit, grabbed my shower
  • Not much really going on. I may do some "window" shopping online tonight after Rick leaves to bowl. Then a bit of Nintendo. Followed by bed.
the replacement cabinet for your bathroom arrived!!! :bliss: and things are getting finished up with the bathroom remodel! :woo:

today i'll be having a nice quiet day with my cats. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and keep the wood stove going. i'm going to delay roasting the two chickens until tomorrow.

this afternoon, i'll take a look at my thoughts (on paper) for desserts to 'put up', to bake ahead for the hot summer months. next week i'll start baking/freezing those.

earlier this past week, i went to the produce auction. i bought: a 3 lb bag of onions for $3; five 12 ounce bags of mini pretzels at 75 cents each; a 5 lb bag of white potatoes for $2; two fresh (relatively large) cucumbers at 90 cents per; a bag of six really lovely fresh tomatoes for $2.50 (i've been enjoying tomato and mayo sandwiches with these :yummy:); twelve 16 ounce packages of oscar meyer cotto salami for $1.50 each; and a pocket calculator for 50 cents -- will come in handy while i'm at the grocery store.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Another great haul from the produce auction! I love fresh tomato and mayo sandwiches. Yum.

Oh goodness, but I had so much trouble with my GF's computer last night. Her router went offline last night and, try as I might, I couldn't get it back online. After trying vainly for an hour, I finally gave up and called tech support. The guy helped me figure things out. So after we got it straightened out, I was able to get her Kaspersky installed, did the Windows 10 Creator update and updated her virus stuff, did a big scan, etc. Her laptop is in good shape.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, sorted laundry (Rick is scooping boxes as I type)
  • Working on laundry
  • It's time to make the blasted doughnuts.....or beignets, in this case. I never did get doughnuts made for Doughnut Day and Rick's mother is not amused. I'm making them this afternoon and we'll take some up to her tonight. While I'm on beignet duty, Rick is going outside to start raking up stones back into the driveway and get some yard work done.
  • Vacuum and a swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • Visit with Rick's mom
I think that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.