Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and got the pack of hot dogs and jar of milk and some carob brownies moved to the fridge to thaw. in a short while, i'll put the color-coded stickers on the pineapple preserves with maraschino cherries that i made/canned yesterday.

later this morning i'll take the trash out, then slice the loaf of bread machine bread i made yesterday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys. We're doing OK; I think I mentioned that she was quite elderly and she had a good life. The service is on Monday and Rick and his sister will be attending. I may take an early lunch and pop into the visitation before the service.

I'm off work today....needed a vacation day, so I'll be at home.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes
  • I'm baking this morning: lemon cookies with a lemon wafer, chocolate brownie cookies, faux Lofthouse cookies decorated with red, white, and blue sugar, and Swoon pies. And while I'm in the kitchen, I'll throw together a big pot of pasta sauce (so I think we'll be having spaghetti tonight for dinner).
  • Vacuum, a quick Swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • And I'm spending this afternoon on a raft in the pool

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Got lots done last night.
Stopped to drop off books at my book booth and chatted with a few customers of mine. Priced books and fixed messes. They need more packing paper/bubble wrap so today I have to walk around and fetch some out of the recycling bins at work.
Read some more last night. Meds for Honeybee too.
This morning-up late-meds for both cats-let honeybee out-she came back in when I went to the truck so let her back in.
Tonight I will stop at book booth again to do some more pricing-getting lots of my regular summer customers this week so want to be sure it's stocked up good. 40% off everything so hopefully they will cart more stuff out. pay the rent too.
tomorrow I am going to a friends house who has a pool-I plan on being in the pool all DAY long..I love pools! I got some mens swim trunks and a plus size bathing suit top-and it actually fits..I look like a moron but who cares? I haven't swam in a pool in a decade or more! I envy the pool!! Have a good time reading floating around!! and don't forget to put sunblock on! Hazy hot humid today. AC set at 71 here at work..perfecto!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Oh, NO!! I am so sorry to hear this.. Please give Rick my condolences.. and ((hugs)) .. it is hard when people we love, leave us..
and when your mom is getting frailer and frailer... hard to deal with..

How are your doing with this? (((HUGS))) to you also...

Yes, bad things do seem to happen in 3's... strange.. Years ago, I did not believe that, now I do..

(((hugs))) again

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've already washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and washed and dried a load of laundry.

i'll fold and put away the dryer load later this morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom , thanks so much. I'm OK. Just trying to keep up with it all, I guess. Rick seems to be doing OK, too; I'm trying to keep an eye on him and we're still talking quite a bit about Terry.
foxxycat foxxycat , the pool was great yesterday. I was only in it for about 30 minutes or so when the first t-storm hit, but it was so relaxing. I got in, hopped on the raft and I actually fell asleep for a while. (I also realized again that's it really hard to roll over on a raft! :lol: )

We're going over to my sister's today for a picnic. It's going to be hazy, hot, and humid and t-storms will be roaming around. We're all going to hang out by the pool this afternoon....at least until the rain hits. They live by the creek and there's a large picnic table down there, too; we may end up hanging out there for a while as it's cooler there. It's the humidity more so than the heat right now and it never cooled off much at all last night.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed (Rick will scoop boxes when he gets up later this morning)
  • Banking and errands and such
  • Must get the crock pot beans going around 10:00 or so this morning

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I did not want to get out of bed this morning, but the cats had other ideas.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, took a rack of ribs and some wings out of the freezer to thaw for Tuesday's picnic dinner, Rick will scoop boxes when he gets back up from his nap
  • Stripped the bed and am washing sheets; that is my only laundry for today (I ran a load yesterday morning while puttering about the house)
  • We are going to see Rick's mother today and we're taking some cookies to her, then we're meeting with Rick's sister and BIL to discuss what they're doing tomorrow at the various meetings they have about their mom. They're trying to figure out if she should stay in the nursing home now or go back to her assisted living facility.
  • I may mow lawn later this afternoon, but really, there's not much to mow, other than weeds right now. I hate to say this, but we could use a good, soaking rain.
  • Need gas for the grill, although Rick may get it tomorrow
  • Work on my grocery list

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1. Did a load of laundry
2. Wrote up descriptions for some stuff to post on eBay (my old Civil War reenacting stuff: antique shawls, bonnets I sewed, etc.)
3. Will hopefully put #2 on eBay later today. I hate creating auction pages, but, with DH being out of work going on week #3, and no calls for interviews, I have to start selling off my stuff.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A friend and her family is going to be here in about 45 minutes for a cookout, so the bulk of the day has been mariniting meat, making a salad, chilling drinks, straightening, etc. We also put my mother's air conditioners in this morning.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. later today i'll make a couple phone calls, and cut up more doses of supplements for my cats.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick slept in the living room last night; it was so muggy that he didn't want to shut any windows in the living room or kitchen, but he also didn't want the cats getting through the screens either. He decided it was easier just to spend the night on the couch. He doesn't have to work today, so he didn't have to set an alarm. I never set an alarm for me to get out of bed, as we have furry alarm clocks who do their jobs very well!
  • Breakfast for our furry alarm clocks, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, brought a couple racks of baby back ribs and 2 pounds of wings up from the freezer and stuck them in the fridge to thaw. Rick will scoop boxes this morning. He was working out in the front flowerbed when I left for work, trying to get some weeding in before the heat and humidity come back in full force.
  • He is going to the funeral for his aunt this morning. Technically, I should have the day off work for the service, but everybody's on vacation today (day before a holiday, so nobody wants to work), so here I am sitting in my cube. This afternoon he and his sister have a meeting at the nursing home to see where their mother is as far as either staying in the nursing home or going back to assisted living. They'll make their decision after the meeting. (I am so glad I'm not involved in that!)
  • Groceries tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much! i've already got the dishes washed and the litter boxes scooped. shortly, i'll move another jar of milk to the fridge to thaw. later this morning i'll take out the trash and recycling.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
This morning, we awakened to a t-storm rolling across the sky. Running around the house, shutting windows. The cats were not amused because shutting windows took precious minutes that could have otherwise been spent preparing their breakfast.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 2 miles on the treadmill, made the bed. Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap.
  • Seasoned the wings with their rub, but still have to season the racks of ribs for the grill
  • If it dries up outside from our rain this morning, we'll be spending the day outside. Rick will do some weeding and I'm going to mow the buckhorns.
And that's pretty much it. My sister's community is doing their fireworks tonight, so we'll be going there after supper.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are pooped this morning. I slept fairly well, but still didn't want to get up.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, separated laundry. grabbed a shower
  • The blueberries are in; a co-worker and I will go up and pick up 120 pounds of blueberries and distribute them this morning (I'm getting ten pounds for our freezer)
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. later this morning i'll move the 8 zipper bags of bread flour i currently have in the freezer up to the storage bin, then move 8 more bags from the spare fridge to the freezer. i'm getting ready to receive two 50lb bags, one of farina and the other 9-grain cereal mix, very soon and will be needing that space in the spare fridge.

other than that, i'm planning a quiet day for us today. yesterday i was outside working in the gardens, mowing the lawn, and dealing with kindling for half the day and the other half of the day was doing assorted chores inside the house -- so i've 'earned' another quiet day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general kitchen clean-up
  • I put some gas into Clarence on my way into work this morning
  • Rick's pastor is coming for a visit tonight; I will greet him, offer him coffee or iced tea, and then make my excuses (and my escape)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and cooked some pasta and added the spaghetti sauce to it. later this morning i'll take the trash out, and move more bags of flour (from the freezer to) upstairs. i may have some phone calls to make today too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad today is Friday. Everybody here is complaining about how tired we all are; I swear it has something to do with being off work on Tuesday for the July 4th holiday; I think it screwed our work week up.

I finally met the interim pastor of Rick's church last night and he's a hoot. He is so funny. He shares our political views and that made me like him even more. I told Rick after he left that it's too bad he's only an interim pastor (until the church can find a full-time pastor) because he could actually interest me in going to church. He's really a good conversationalist and we had a great discussion.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, grabbed a quick shower (Rick did the dishwasher and he also made the bed)
  • Must go down to the vet tonight to pick up Ms. Pepe's case of Royal Canin Renal canned cat food and Jackie's bag of Royal Canin Urinary Tract dry food. The kids are eating us out of house and home! We might stop for a small ice cream cone on our way back home.
And I think that will be it for tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Dragged our sorry butts out of bed this morning bright and early. Mollipop got into a yelling skirmish with the mockingbird that's hanging out in the peegee hydrangea outside, right between the two bedroom windows. The mockingbird awakened me first, but Molli didn't help matters much. Then Pepe started yelling, so I patted Rick's butt and said, "Rise and shine, sweet cheeks!" And here I am.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes (Rick came behind me to sweep). I grabbed a quick shower and am drinking a mug of coffee. I need to dry my hair and get dressed.
  • We are heading down to the Vanity Fair outlets in Reading this morning. I have a list of kitchen things I want to look at; there's a Reading China and Glass store there and all kinds of kitchen items tend to fall into my shopping cart. I also want to check out bed sheets, towels, some seasonal tablecloths. All that good stuff. Followed by a late lunch/early dinner either at Outback or Red Lobster; I'd rather go to Outback because I'm hungry for French Onion soup, but another couple is going with us and I think I'm going to be outnumbered because everybody else will want Red Lobster. We should have a great time and I'm looking forward to getting away for the day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already done the daily chores for today -- washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. i was totally annihilated by the end of yesterday, just having 'busy' days for the last few days caught up with me.

it's rainy and cooling down nicely (from the heat of the past two days) now. today i'll watch some tv, and possibly read and play some computer games.

Status
Not open for further replies.