Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat so sorry the appointment was a disappointment. Yes, doctors have to do things 'their' way.. wait and see.. maddening..

Today:
Regular morning stuff
Few phone calls
Medicated Artie in-between things
Mass at church
Rite aid--picked up scripts
Dollar store for some supplies for our bus trip
Starbucks for an iced tea
Police Station to drop off Artie's used needles
picked up the Greek Salad I craved, all week.
Nothing else..

This blasted toe is driving me crazy!! It is swollen and red! hard to bend. It is so sore when it is taped to the other toes. Maddening to walk.. have to wear a really old pair of sandals when
I go out.
I am afraid of letting it go. I do need to keep it protected. Slippers are confining and making it worse. Anything wrapped on it is cause for soreness....ugh!!

I am about to ice it again!! Want to freeze the pain and throbbing out of it!!

Gotta give Artie some meds..
Are yo sure it's not gout? It has all the symptoms.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
regular morning stuff
Artie's Meds
Strip bed and wash sheets
Swiffer and then wash of all floors
quick wipe down of bathroom
cleaned and cut up a cantaloupe
make bed
Played with Artie

there will be more.....

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, the hummus didn't get made yesterday. had some gastro upset, so wasn't going to be having any yesterday anyway. i'm feeling better now, so will see if i can get that hummus made today, and will be chopping the maraschino cherries for tomorrow's batch of cherry nanaimo bars.

i've already washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes. will take out the trash and recycling later this morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Up and at 'em this morning. Mollipop and Muffin went at it bright and early, hissing and wailing, so we just got up and gave everybody breakfast. Rick gave Amoxi to Pepe after breakfast (UTI) and then he flopped down on the sofa for a while.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, separated laundry, and stripped the bed
  • Working on the second (of three) loads of laundry
  • Vacuum, dust, wipe down kitchen and bathroom
  • Mow the yard
  • We had an impromptu family-type meeting yesterday afternoon with Rick's sister and BIL about their mom and I didn't get the vacuuming done yesterday, so need to do that today.....I'll do that this morning while Rick gets gas for the mowers

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Winchester Winchester sorry the snoring kept you awake. That's why we sleep on separate couches LOL. I can't sleep next to him-he flops back and forth every 20-30 minutes and annoys the crap out of me. I am still harping on him to get a sleep study done. He won't listen to me.

Yesterday was a busy day! Drizzle and heavy humidity-went to the library book sale and they had stuff a bag for $5 so got several-found lots I haven't read. Then hit a few yard sales-

then went downtown Farmington and the local church was doing a chicken barbeque and it was delish. Brought two dinners home. $10 for half a chicken plus sides/drink. So far we finished off one half-gonna eat the other one tonight. They built a pit and put the chickens on racks. They started cooking at 10am and ready by 11am-I came over because of a yard sale in front of the church and smelled the food so investigated..they bought 75 chickens and sold out by 1pm. Next year I will make sure to buy 4dinners and freeze the ones we don't eat. Something about chicken cooked on charcoal has so much better flavor.

so went home-ate chicken n mac salad-lay on couch and rest foot all afternoon and read.
Gave Honeybee her puffs last night-
Jon put the new parts in and vacuumed out more lint-fixed the lint screen-thinks that's why lint was all over the place-ordered a new one just in case that doesn't fix the problem.

I still need to order that thermistor or whatever it is-but I think it was the heater coils-it was toast! got to return one part as it's a duplicate of another I bought as a kit.

Return an item to Amazon-so two things to pack up and return.

Give Pumps her meds this morning-honeybee too.

Tonight gonna put the tomatoes in the ground if I can find an open spot-gonna be hot today-so will relax when get home from work-eat supper=then dig in yard around 7ish.

Need cooler air to put plants in the ground! then water them daily for 10 days or as needed. We should get showers tue night so if I can get them in tonight-it will be fine!

Finish reading Lucky by Alice Sebold..and start the week all over.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A bit under the weather today, so my day certainly isn't what I had planned.

- filled the bird feeders
- my odd garden sculpture thing came in so I set it up
- I may wrap my niece's shower gift.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester sorry the snoring kept you awake. That's why we sleep on separate couches LOL. I can't sleep next to him-he flops back and forth every 20-30 minutes and annoys the crap out of me. I am still harping on him to get a sleep study done. He won't listen to me.

Yesterday was a busy day! Drizzle and heavy humidity-went to the library book sale and they had stuff a bag for $5 so got several-found lots I haven't read. Then hit a few yard sales-

then went downtown Farmington and the local church was doing a chicken barbeque and it was delish. Brought two dinners home. $10 for half a chicken plus sides/drink. So far we finished off one half-gonna eat the other one tonight. They built a pit and put the chickens on racks. They started cooking at 10am and ready by 11am-I came over because of a yard sale in front of the church and smelled the food so investigated..they bought 75 chickens and sold out by 1pm. Next year I will make sure to buy 4dinners and freeze the ones we don't eat. Something about chicken cooked on charcoal has so much better flavor.

so went home-ate chicken n mac salad-lay on couch and rest foot all afternoon and read.
Gave Honeybee her puffs last night-
Jon put the new parts in and vacuumed out more lint-fixed the lint screen-thinks that's why lint was all over the place-ordered a new one just in case that doesn't fix the problem.

I still need to order that thermistor or whatever it is-but I think it was the heater coils-it was toast! got to return one part as it's a duplicate of another I bought as a kit.

Return an item to Amazon-so two things to pack up and return.

Give Pumps her meds this morning-honeybee too.

Tonight gonna put the tomatoes in the ground if I can find an open spot-gonna be hot today-so will relax when get home from work-eat supper=then dig in yard around 7ish.

Need cooler air to put plants in the ground! then water them daily for 10 days or as needed. We should get showers tue night so if I can get them in tonight-it will be fine!

Finish reading Lucky by Alice Sebold..and start the week all over.
It always takes me aback to read of people just putting in a garden when it's almost July. My garden has been in since early March and has been producing for a couple of months. Of course, the hot weather will shut everything down very soon and I'll have to wait until it cools off for more vegetables. I forget it stays cool up north quite late and gets cool much earlier, too. Here it will slowly begin to cool off a bit in mid-October and be in the 70's by December. Right now I'm harvesting about a pint of Sweet Million grape tomatoes every other day from six plants. The hot peppers are starting to make, too. They have a very long maturity time, up to 120 days, some varieties even more. All the herbs, especially the basil, are getting so aggressive they're trying to take over the garden. I wish I could send some starts to you. Good eating!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've already washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. later this morning, i'll make the cherry nanaimo bars, then wash the dishes doing that generates.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Monday. Again. Phooey on Mondays!
  • Breakfast for the kids, gave Pepe her Amoxi, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • Hair appt tonight
  • Grocery night tonight
  • Must scoop boxes tonight because I didn't have time to do it this morning

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday did grocery shopping=mostly fresh produce and a few things-no junk food!
Finished that book Lucky.
Started The Lovely Bones last night.

Easy day- this morning- meds for Pumps and Honeybee, breakfast.

Got to get dirt after work for those plants-it's going to be cool the next few nights-so they will set in nicely. it was 53 this morning. I will put them in tonight.
Meds for Honeybee tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. later this morning i'll portion (in groups of 4) and freeze all but one of the cherry nanaimo bars, and take out the trash and recycling.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
This is not a good day. One of Rick's cousins passed away from pancreatic cancer on Friday; today is the funeral. Not only was Rick very close to this guy, but I considered him one of my greatest friends and losing him has been difficult. We are going to the service and Rick is a pallbearer. Rick will be staying for the luncheon, but I'm coming home right after the service this morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick medicated Pepe
  • Going to try to go for groceries tonight as we didn't make it last night....til I got home from my hair appt last night, I didn't feel like going back out and then having to deal with the dog's behavior again, so we didn't bother with groceries.
I think that's pretty much it. I'm really tired this morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys. Losing Terry has been really hard on both Rick and me. He was such a good friend to us and we're going to miss him. After Rick got home from the luncheon, he and I spent the afternoon talking about Terry and some of the stuff we all did together. Rick had been doing things with him for a good 45 years anyway: they lifted weights 3x a week for decades until Terry's knees got too bad, they went to the drag races, they went to the Eagles training camp every year, they bowled together, they went to the bowling States championships every year for as long as I can remember. They hunted together, they spent time at Terry's cabin. Those two drank a lot of beer. So many memories. Back then, Friday nights were for sitting on Terry's front porch, drinking beer (I drank Pepsi), and solving all the problems in the world. It's like the end of an era and he is deeply missed. (And to be honest, I'm a little worried about Rick; he has lost a lot of people who've meant very much to him lately.)

We got up this morning and we both said that we need to get our act together; everything seems a bit surreal to us right now.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, scooped the boxes, sorted two loads of laundry, grabbed a quick shower, mailed some letters on my way to work, and got gas into the Tucson (no treadmill, my heart just isn't in it right now)
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night (just two smallish loads)
And that's pretty much it

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I am so sorry for your loss. I felt the same way when Jon's younger brother passed in 2009. They spent so much time together and he just wont talk about it. I don't blame you for being worried. I still am worried and it's been 8 years since Mike passed away. I hope the memories will help sustain you guys-I know it doesn't fill the void. So very sorry. Sending you gentle hugs. :hugs::alright::hugs::rbheart:

I took yesterday off-work related BS and used PTO. in protest.

Monday evening=dug up old garden beds I let go for 3 years and planted my free tomato plants I got there and a petunia plant. Also planted the planter on the fence next to the strawberries. and Thought about pulling up the strawberries this fall-I have had them there since 2005 and now only make the tiny ones-only a few plants make the big berries-I had gotten strawberry plants at yard sales/plant sales so many years ago. So instead I want to dump new dirt in the 6x8 bed and plant spreading petunias=then they will self seed and come up on their own-I think I will plant pansies there for spring then the petunias can come up later.

Tuesday- cat meds, scoop boxes, waited for rain to stop and finish planting stuff-made up a tray of flowers for my dads gf=she has some planters still needing posies and she can use them-I ran out of open spaces to put anything- I need to weed and add mulch badly. I almost got stung by those nasty ground bees=yellow jacket? I think I disturbed it's nest yesterday.

I didn't cook anything for supper=instead ate a tv dinner- got food for Jon but he won't eat it-he's been eating a ton of candy and ice cream..I left him bananas and oranges and nope he won't eat them-

Tonight I have to pick up one more part for the dryer- and still order part #42 since the Whirlpool site doesn't list it as a part-but I found it on other sites=should have ordered it when I first found it=so far I have been not making too much laundry and he's been vacuuming out the fuzz all over the place.

Got to cook hamburgers in the next two days-once the other left overs are gone. and gym too. and weeding..never enough time!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester , i'm so sorry for you and your Rick's loss. :hugs:

today i've already finished making the potato salad, washed the dishes, and scooped the litter boxes. later this morning i'll get some bread machine bread going, and make a batch of pineapple preserves with (well drained) maraschino cherry halves in it, then can it. i'll wash the dishes i generate from doing that.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. We just got word that Rick's aunt passed away last night; she was 101 years old. That service is on Monday. That's the third one this year for Rick....bad things come in threes, so that needs to be the end of it. :sigh: We are so tired.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no!!! I am sooo sorry!! Send him some hugs from all of us.

Yesterday- Stopped at walmart to pick up fuse for dryer and window fan, bought groceries and cooked two types of burgers on grill- turkey and beef-with big slices of mushrooms-I put them layered on top once one side was cooked-they steam cooked and came out perfect. Burger buns on top try to get that nice toasted appeal. Slice Tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, mushrooms and yeah mustard-I didn't feel like messing with mayo-it was almost 5" big burger! It was messy and yummy!
Scooped cat boxes later, read some more-honeybee meds and bed.
This morning-meds for both cats, scoop boxes, showered and here I am.

I think tomorrow is going to be another PTO day...I just don't want to be here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.