Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I"m glad it turned out well; we just love the stuff here, too. My son dated a Japanese girl for several years and she taught me a lot about rices (the proper way to make a good rice, making the rice sticky, which rices to use for what dishes, things like that). She also taught me a lot about tea. I really liked her. She would come down to us for a week at a time; when our son would go to work, she and I would go shopping or we'd find something we needed to cook. She also made a good Cha Shu, which is essentially a marinated pork butt, using tea bags (at least that's how she made it). I still make it from time to time; it's just delicious.

So here we are again with another Monday. I think I'm becoming allergic to Mondays. I swear....
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes, and grabbed my shower
  • Need to work on my grocery list today as I got behind yesterday
  • Groceries tonight

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Too much to do and not enough time to do it lately. :agree:

- go to the bank to renew my IRA.
- go to the tire place to get the flat fixed/replaced
- maybe some laundry.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much today...

i've already scooped the litter boxes, sent an email, and placed some orders. i'll wash the dishes later this morning, and might spend some time working on my budget this afternoon.

those cherry nanaimo bars i made yesterday are incredible!!! :yummy: quite sweet, so i think next time i make them i'll cut them into either 21 or 24 bars instead of 18.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick loves anything with cherry. I can take cherry or leave it. I make Northern Cherry Puffs, which are essentially dumplings on top of a fresh-cherry sauce. He loves them.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill (first time since May 1st that I got to three miles), scooped the boxes, grabbed my shower
  • I have a Planning Commission meeting right after work this afternoon and probably won't get home til around 6 or so. Rick wants to visit with his mother; I don't know that I'm going along tonight. Til I get home, change my clothes, grab something for supper, he could already be there. We'll see how things go.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Last night:
Played with broken dryer to get error codes-looked it up.
Tried to find the fastners to take it apart-only found one inside the door-so looks like door comes off first-what a pain. There's a shelf that goes across the top of both washer/dryer so I need to find a home for it-yeah right! Table top space is a premium in my home-not much room-it's a heavy rubber matt-and I hate leaning things against the wall-marks the paint. grrr...
Researched parts to buy-
Looked at the groceries I bought Sunday night and didn't feel like cooking-ate a frozen pot pie-it was gross. swanson is nasty! When did they get yucky?!
Sat/layed down on couch and watched two episodes of SVU law and order.
Finally made doc appointment for my foot-Friday morning.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff
Medicated Artie plus sub-q's
swiffered kitchen
Vacuumed great room
Steam washed great room
Made 3 phone calls
looked at Artie's teeth. He now has a very bad tooth.. bleeding.. sigh
Trimmed Artie's claws

taking a break right now.

Will be jumping in shower in a few and then to grocery store.
I think I will pick up something for supper. I will probably not feel like making a salad, so I will stop off and buy a Greek Salad..

Oh have to look at and probably re-tap my little toe..sigh..still sore..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My butt dragging this morning. Tabby presented me with a hairball at 3:00 and then it took me a while to drop back off the sleep again. It seems that I no sooner got back to sleep than Amber started in with her whining for breakfast at 4:00. So that was that as far as sleep. I was "this close" to calling off work and crawling back into bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, general clean-up in the kitchen, sorted laundry, made the bed, grabbed a shower
  • Trash night tonight
  • Laundry night tonight (only two loads)
artiemom artiemom , hope that toe is feeling better soon.
foxxycat foxxycat , good luck with your doctor appt on Friday; I hope they can figure out what's going on with that foot!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- Bringing Abby to the vet
- Have to pick up a tool for Aaron at Home Depot
- after that it will probably be yard work or house work.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I finally filled the script from the Urgent care place=some spin off of aleve-took it last night-no side effects. Foot hurt all night-today not too bad but it's early.
Last night-helped take dryer apart-He did most of the work-I just supervised and read off directions on the tech manual taped inside the bottom toe panel.
Cleaned lint out of tube=reattached and plug in and run=still no heat. So it's either the heat element or that thermoswitch thingy.
Last night: dryer, cook supper and read. Gym too. Bed at 8pm.
This morning, Pumps food and pills and eye drops. Honeybee got her puffs and treats-let her out-she came back 10 minutes later=cool out this morning. Shut the window-get ready for work.

Tonight-pick Jon up at mechanics and either stop at local appliance store or just go straight home-I want to stop at gym but I have to drop him off first..he said he'd walk to home depot or something...ok whatever!

Still need to order parts for dryer=going to order three parts=dryer is still in good working condition-told him to read the tech manual and do the ohms testing for continuity across terminals-I don't quite understand what it's talking about but I know he knows what it means..

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not much today, after my exertions yesterday. i'll finish making the egg salad; will thaw 2 jars of milk, and move a container of lasagna to the other freezer; and will cut up some cauliflower. i might also make bread machine bread today. and i'd like to work on my budget for a bit this afternoon.

i've already washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It looks like it's going to be really nice day today, so I think

- Walk
- pick up lettuce
- do some yard work.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Supposed to be gorgeous today with a chance of t-showers today and tonight. The AC is running full-tilt in my building today and I've got the heating registers on in my office.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general clean-up in the kitchen, grabbed a shower
Truthfully, I'm not planning on much tonight, although that might change, depending on what's on Dear Richard's mind.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok I ordered parts for dryer and we had an argument last night. He's insisting he won't remove the drum-I said it has to come out in order to reach the fuse and thermostat and the heat element...he saw the price for parts and yelled at me. I said fine take it to the dump! I don't give a rats butt anymore! I said you complain when I spend money but you want to go buy a $500 dryer! The parts only cost $230 but he's having a fit. It was the first argument we had in a long time.
I told him then put it back together and put it on the trailer to the dump!! and buy a new one but you will have to buy a new one every 3 to 5 years because the lint buildup blows the fuse- and we still have to check the breaker in the panel-because that could have blown one side of the 30 amp. Headache!

Gym last night night
Didn't cook anything.
meds for cats.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to my arthritis doctor today and got my supply of pain medication. I don't like going to him because he is always on me about my weight and I've gained 3 pounds. UGH!

With my medication I was able to get out in the hot sun and clean up my back yard plus I was able to change the filter in my furnace. It is very difficult for me to do but it really needed to be done.

I also need to see a foot doctor and have my toenails cut. I can no longer do it and they are so long. He is going to want to treat my bunions and toenail fungus but I have my knees to deal with first.

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already washed the dishes and scooped the litter boxes. later this morning i'll take out the trash, and then get some bread machine bread going and make a batch of hummus. i'll wash the few dishes i make from those things. i'll also move a container of lasagna to the fridge to thaw.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
TGIF! :woohoo:
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes, and grabbed a quick shower.
  • Stopped on my way to work and put gas into Clarence
  • I may run to the store for some taco sauce during lunch
I'm not planning on doing a blasted thing tonight

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gym last night then ate dinner. gave Honeybee her puffs...layed down.
This morning gave the girls their meds and breakfast.
today had the appointment for foot-nothing I didn't already know-basically waste of time-go back in 6 weeks if no improvements. Gave me metal foot inserts-can't fit them in my boot with the socks-got to shop for new wool thin socks size medium which are impossible to find.
gym tonight-30 minutes on bike.
Tomorrow I have a book sale to keep me occupied for an hour or so-need to work on yard-been too hot lately. no work tomorrow=work on Sunday .

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat so sorry the appointment was a disappointment. Yes, doctors have to do things 'their' way.. wait and see.. maddening..

Today:
Regular morning stuff
Few phone calls
Medicated Artie in-between things
Mass at church
Rite aid--picked up scripts
Dollar store for some supplies for our bus trip
Starbucks for an iced tea
Police Station to drop off Artie's used needles
picked up the Greek Salad I craved, all week.
Nothing else..

This blasted toe is driving me crazy!! It is swollen and red! hard to bend. It is so sore when it is taped to the other toes. Maddening to walk.. have to wear a really old pair of sandals when
I go out.
I am afraid of letting it go. I do need to keep it protected. Slippers are confining and making it worse. Anything wrapped on it is cause for soreness....ugh!!

I am about to ice it again!! Want to freeze the pain and throbbing out of it!!

Gotta give Artie some meds..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat and artiemom artiemom , I hope you'll both be doing better soon. Pain is simply no fun. You guys take care!

Am pooped this morning. Rick rolled over on his back around 1:00 this morning and his snoring has gotten a lot worse. I lay there until 2:30, then turned the tv on to try to drown some of it out. Finally around 3:00, I jabbed him and told him that he had to roll back over on his side. He did and the snoring subsided, but the cats had us awake at 3:30. Not a lot of sleep last night.
  • Breakfast for the cats, emptied the dishwasher, 1 mile on the treadmill since it's the weekend, haven't made the bed yet (because I just might get back in it), Rick will scoop when he gets back up from his nap
  • Bank, Target, Lowes
  • Vacuum, Swiffer, wipe kitchen and bathroom
  • Going to visit with Rick's mother this afternoon or maybe early this evening

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've already washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes. later this morning i'll slice the loaf of bread machine bread, and make that batch of hummus. i'll wash the dishes i generate from making the hummus.

this afternoon i'll plan my week on paper. i've got various things to thaw from the freezers coming up, as well as other stuff to do throughout the week, so it'll be helpful to get the 'logistics' figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.