Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , I hope your kids will be feeling better soon. Usually when one gets something, it has to pass through the entire clan before it leaves for good. That's the way it is around here. Hope they are OK soon!

For some reason, I am sleeping much better lately. I go to bed around 9:00 or so and I'm pretty much dropping right off. Last night, I was sound asleep by 9:00 and Molli and Muffin awakened me around 4:30 this morning when Muffin wouldn't let Mollipop out of the computer room and they went at it. Still, if I sleep through the night, I'm happy.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, general clean-up
  • At work, this morning, I'm going out to inspect a stormwater retention basin and check out a private road. I wore jeans and my Sloggers today; because of all the rain we've had lately, I can imagine what it's going to be like out along that basin and I probably should have brought my boots. And I'm hoping I can find that road....it's back in the boonies quite a way. I don't think Hannah's nav system is going to help me much with that. And I've been known to get lost up in there, too, although that hasn't happened in a while. :)Honestly I am so geographically-challenged; there are times when I can't find my way out of a wet paper bag.
  • We didn't make it for groceries last night, so will have to go tonight. Rick's buddy was really able to fix the riding mower and it didn't cost us an arm and a leg. He brought the mower back last night, so Rick mowed the jungle; the back yard was getting pretty high. We really do need to look at new mowers though. You can only put so many band-aids on something.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Grrrrrrr those M & M girls of mine! Muffin wouldn't let Molli out of the bathroom this morning, so Molli was yelling and Muffin was growling. Then Molli made a mad dash out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, followed by Muffin on her tail. And shrieking....did I mention shrieking? At 3:00. This morning. I had to get out of bed, turn the light on, calm the natives, and then go back to bed. Muffin came up the steps to the bed, Molli jumped onto the head of the bed on my side, and that started them back in with the growling and snotting around again. That got Amber started with the muttering, followed by Pepe with her "I want food! NOW!" screams. That was the end of my sleep.
  • Breakfast for the kids (and the brats), emptied the dishwasher, sorted laundry for tonight, made the bed (I didn't scoop because we're dumping and cleaning boxes tonight)
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- bring Abby to the vet
- the errands I haven't been able to do for two days
- at least one load of laundry

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- pick up bagels
- go to Kohls to use my Kohls cash and 30% off
- go with my niece to her wedding dress firring

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had been looking for a property pin for a while as we've been having some problems with trees belonging to an adjoining property owner, but which had grown now a good 12-foot onto our property; that's 12 feet of property we can no longer use. It's been an ongoing issue, but we hadn't had time to deal with it. The neighbors sold their property and so we figured it was now or never. One of Rick's friends came down last night with a metal detector and he found the pin....buried way deep into the ground. Rick was able to shovel down to the pin and we're going to put something on top of it and then paint it orange. As for the trees, we haven't decided yet what to do. We would like to install a fence, but that's almost impossible without cutting the branches off, which would probably kill the trees.

So anyway.......
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, general clean-up
  • We have an appointment tonight
And I think that's pretty much it. I'm ready to go home and go back to bed.:sleep:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , I hope your kids will be feeling better soon. Usually when one gets something, it has to pass through the entire clan before it leaves for good. That's the way it is around here. Hope they are OK soon!

<snip>
thank you! little DeeDee and Punky are doing fine now, and our Dude is on his last day of jar baby food today -- will have some jar baby food and some canned cat food tomorrow, and then if he's doing fine with that he'll be back on his regular food.

today i'll finish making a batch of potato salad (i hard boiled and chopped 4 eggs, diced carrot and celery, and plunked a good mounding few spoonfuls of sweet zucchini relish into a container yesterday), and will try out a new recipe for burger buns (dough made in the bread machine, then baked in the oven). i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Good micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom ! Glad the kids are feeling better!

The cats awakened us this morning. As we were lying in bed, I said to Rick, "I'm not going into work today." And Rick said he wasn't going in either. We decided to take vacation days and go to Trader Joe's this morning, followed by lunch at Outback. Then he said, "Aw man! I gave $5 toward a cake today for one of the forklift drivers; he's retiring." What he won't do for that sweet tooth of his. So we both went to work and we're now thinking of taking Monday off instead. But we'll see. I think that, as he inches closer to retirement, we're going to have more of these conversations though.

So....
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, etc
And that's it. I don't think we're doing much of anything tonight. We have absolutely nothing planned. It may well be a vegetate-in-front-of-the-tv night.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you, Winchester Winchester ! our Dude decided yesterday that he was not going to be eating another day of jar baby food, so we started the transition back from the baby food yesterday. he's doing really very well!

today i'll be making a batch of french salad dressing, cooking a batch of sloppy joes, then washing the dishes, scooping the litter boxes. those burger buns (that i made yesterday using the bread machine and then baked in the oven) turned out really wonderful! :yummy:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was really exciting! I guess my three things were really four or five.

Robert emptied the LitterMaid containers and mixed the contents in with the contents of our shredders. If anyone wants to snoop badly enough to reassemble micro cut shreds mixed with used cat litter, they're welcome but will be dramatically disappointed.

For breakfast we nearly finished off the shrimp remoulade we made yesterday morning. It was so bodacious we had to take a nap while we were appreciating it.

We finally dragged ourselves out of bed about 5:30 p.m. (we're nocturnal) and headed to Costco. We've been putting off shopping for over a week, and the list was getting long. We both take Preservision 2 with AREDS. It keeps my macular degeneration from getting worse and with luck, will keep Robert from getting it. Three different ophthalmologists told us to take it, so I don't argue. It's a bit expensive, about $37 at Costco, for 90 days worth. They had a $5 off sale, so we got the maximum 4 bottles. We may go back and get another 4. We managed to get out of there without buying too much extra.

Of course, we had to stop at SAMS for a leg of lamb because Robert's craving Irish stew. We also needed parmesan cheese. Again, we managed to get out with just one tote bag full. Not bad. We even found Exxon gasoline for $2.09. The behemoth has a 35 gallon tank and was almost empty, so I wanted the cheapest good gas I could find.

Then there was the stop for groceries. We didn't fare so well there. We lugged out two big tote bags and two huge cold bags. That better hold us for a while!

We were too pooped to make it to Lowe's and WalMart. We tottered into the house and Robert collapsed on the bed and sped off to the arms of Morpheus. I chopped onions for the quick and easy Frito pie we ate about 1 a.m.

Eek! I just remembered we have to leave for a Pan-Asian festival around 8 a.m. so my final thing is to head to bed.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Enjoy that Pan-Asian festival, Mother Dragon Mother Dragon ....that sounds interesting.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick scooped the boxes and he's napping on the couch
  • Errands: Banking, Target, Lowes, the mall. Need to grab a Mother's Day card for Rick's mom, but I don't think I'm going to bake cookies or anything today.
  • Vacuum, dust, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
  • Trim claws and clean ears; I notice Molli is really going after her left ear so we need to take a look
We were going to take part in my sister's community yard sale back at the beginning of May, but it didn't work out. Now we're thinking of trying a yard sale here at the house the weekend after July 4th. I'm heading into the basement this afternoon to start going through totes to see if we have enough stuff to warrant even thinking about it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and then work on some budgeting and planning. i'll also freeze (temporarily) two containers of the sloppy joes i made yesterday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick will scoop boxes after he gets up from his nap
  • Stripped the bed and working on the second load of laundry
  • If the grass dries out at all from our rain the past two days, Rick is going to try to mow the lawn. While he's doing that, I'm going to continue to go through totes in the basement. The sun did come out late yesterday afternoon and, right away, one of the neighbors decided to mow lawn; that lasted all of about 15 minutes...it was incredibly wet yet and we're sure the mowing wasn't going well.
  • We have to go into see Rick's mom sometime this afternoon; we have a card for her for MD. I didn't bake anything though, so she's going to be disappointed, but I didn't have time yesterday. I was in the basement pretty much all afternoon.
  • Manicure tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll bake another batch of burger buns, pre-measure for batches of bread machine bread and a banana (bundt) cake (to be baked some time around next weekend or so, after the few days of very warm weather passes) and a batch of granola (baked around the same time as the cake). i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash and recycling. and i'll make some more cat food toppers today too.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Lazy thing!

What are cat food toppers? I'm envisioning something to go over a partial can of cat food (if there is such a thing!) or something tasty to go on cat food for reluctant eaters (if there is such a thing!)

Do you work outside the home or are you a long-time house manager? Retired?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lazy thing!

What are cat food toppers? I'm envisioning something to go over a partial can of cat food (if there is such a thing!) or something tasty to go on cat food for reluctant eaters (if there is such a thing!)

Do you work outside the home or are you a long-time house manager? Retired?
both! i use freeze dried chicken cat treats, and crumble them up to sprinkle on top of our Dude's and DeeDee's meals. they eat better, much more enthusiastically, when they have some topper on their meals.

i'm basically retired, as well as a long-time house manager.

i'll also pick up the mail at the post office today.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell you live in a small town or you just like to have a post office box. I'm guessing the former.

What did you retire from?

We free-feed dry food and they get wet more as a treat. They've gotten terribly spoiled and will only eat pureed foods that are just like gravy. Chocolate can lick wet food until there's only dust left on whole particles of food, which she refuses to eat. The boys are getting to be just as bad. I sometimes mix pate'd food with broth or water and mix it with the stick blender, but they're getting wise to that and ignore it. Brats!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Monday :barf: That's what I think of Mondays
  • Dragged our sorry butts out of bed, took care of the furkids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, and grabbed my shower....here I am, in my cube, ready to tear into my Monday :barf: Sorry. It is what it is.
  • Groceries tonight, followed by a night of mowing yard. Rick will push-mow and I'll get on the riding mower as I'm on my third (and final) week of no walking.
  • It's an exercise night

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Need to go to the grocery store
Really need to start packing!
Need to start getting things settled in the house for vacation

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can tell you live in a small town or you just like to have a post office box. I'm guessing the former.

What did you retire from?

We free-feed dry food and they get wet more as a treat. They've gotten terribly spoiled and will only eat pureed foods that are just like gravy. Chocolate can lick wet food until there's only dust left on whole particles of food, which she refuses to eat. The boys are getting to be just as bad. I sometimes mix pate'd food with broth or water and mix it with the stick blender, but they're getting wise to that and ignore it. Brats!
i live in 'the sticks', a rural area. the postal service here was split back in 2011, so it delivers mail to your address/home from the next small town over but no packages (must go there to pick them up) OR the post office in my hamlet offers P.O. boxes and can pick up packages there. we have to choose between the two, can't have both.

i did mainly accounting and auditing. although, i also worked in completely unrelated fields for brief periods of time.

my cats really like variety in their foods.

today is our Dude's annual physical appointment -- no shots needed this year! and i might decide to mow the lawn sometime this afternoon -- with the lawn tractor it only takes about half the time it did using the push mower, and backing the lawn tractor back into the mini barn can take about 1/3rd of that time. i'll also work on locating my two 'bucket' hats, which need to be washed, and then will be put to use for the summer months. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash and recycling too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We were busy last night. Got home from work, grabbed some groceries, eat a quick dinner, and then went outside to mow. I was out until around 8:00, then came inside and worked on my email (Outlook decided not to receive messages again) until I got it working. Went to bed, but then I watched CNN for about an hour or so....first time in a while that I've watched some news magazine shows, but it was important (to us) and we wanted to see what the heck was going on now. It was a late night.
  • Took care of the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Rick has an arbitration meeting today and he's not sure what time he'll be home, so I'm going to go vote during my lunch break and then he can vote on his way home.
  • I didn't get all the yard mowed, so much work on that tonight. Heavens, I don't know what that guy did when he worked on the mower, but I'm used to running the mower in third gear. Well! Third gear is flying through the yard and I can't go that fast; I can just see me ripping through the pool fence :). So I'm down to second gear now. Holy cow, that thing is fast. Rick needs to finish trimming around the trees up at the back of the lot, too.
And I think that will be it for our day.

Status
Not open for further replies.