Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Shoved an antibiotic pill down Snickers' throat on the second try. :clap:
  • Polished my toes a nice periwinkle color and vacuumed the main floor in between coats. :cool:
  • Finished the second book in the Outlander series and started the third, successfully ignoring everything I should be doing and/or thinking about to get ready for Jonah's graduation this weekend. :lol:
Yay you on the second try! :clap: Congrats! I don't polish my toes, but there's always polish on my fingers; I think nail polish is a guilty pleasure for me. And I am a huge Outlander fan; hope you're enjoying the books.

I took my last vacation day (until June when I start over) today, so no work. :clap2: Yay me!
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill, scooped the boxes, made the bed (quickly before Tabby could get to it...she's napping on bed now.)
  • Vacuum, dust, straighten things around in the house (my desk looks like a hurricane hit it and there are cookbooks everywhere, except where they're supposed to be)
  • This afternoon I'm going to mow the yard....with all the rain we've had, it's looking like a mini-jungle. We are to stay cloudy, but just showers here and there. I hope the grass dries out by 1:00 or so. If not, I'll have to wait til tomorrow. Sunday we are to get more rain.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Shoved an antibiotic pill down Snickers' throat on the second try. :clap:
  • Polished my toes a nice periwinkle color and vacuumed the main floor in between coats. :cool:
  • Finished the second book in the Outlander series and started the third, successfully ignoring everything I should be doing and/or thinking about to get ready for Jonah's graduation this weekend. :lol:
Too bad we can't hide it in some food they like, like we do with dogs. Can't push a pill into tuna fish. :flail:

1. I did my grocery shopping this morning. Put it off so long I was almost out of everything.
2. Will read my latest book, Waiting For Snow In Havana.
3. Of course I will play more TCS games until late into the night.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 2 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed a nice, long shower and even did a hair treatment (Rick will scoop when he awakens from his nap)
  • Run some errands: banking, Target, Lowes
  • Mow the yard today (remember I was going to do it yesterday? Well, I was just putting my shoes on and getting ready to go outside, the heavens opened and it poured for about 30 minutes, enough to soak everything down again. So no mowing). We're supposed to have scattered showers today; we'll see how things go.
  • I'd like to head to the mall tonight, but don't know if we'll make it

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Awakened with half a headache this morning and am hoping it's not full-blown by the end of the day.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher (Rick will scoop later on this morning), and stripped the bed. No treadmill this morning, going to take an off day.
  • Just threw the second of four loads of laundry in the washer
  • A quick vacuum about the house
  • Trying to talk Rick into taking the recycling down to the center this afternoon as we are on our second tub of cardboard and our second tub of aluminum. We go through a ton of cardboard and cat food cans.
  • Going to work on weeding and clipping outside today

Last edited:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys are either awfully clean or awfully dirty!

I wish our area would recycle more. All they accept are newspapers and aluminum cans. When the earth ends, all the landfills will be full of glass we threw away today.

Enjoy your day in the garden. The heat index here yesterday was 102. It's supposed to be the same today.

Three things I'm going to do today are:

1) Hide in the AC
2) Think cool thoughts
3) Drink something cold

Ditto every day until about January, when it might cool off a bit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
You could have seriously eaten off my mother's kitchen floor.....now that's clean. I try to keep things clean, but I am not my mother. I always say that you cannot eat off my kitchen floor.....but why would you want to? I vacuum several times a week; there's always a ton of pet hair. I wash the floors at least once, if not twice, a week. But the humans are way out-numbered. I try to Swiffer to get rid of the dust. I try to keep the windows free of kitty-schnuffle (and the bay window clean of Beast-schnuffle). Again, it's all never-ending. So while I like to think we're not overly dirty, we are far from clean.

Here in central PA, we recycle a lot of things: aluminum and steel cans (and we go through 28 cans of cat food alone in one week), shredded office paper, newspaper and magazines (separately), cardboard and other fibers, plastics #1 and #2, clear and colored glass. I'm probably missing something. Now, if you do single-stream recycling, which you must pay for (regular recycling is free), you can add yogurt cups, margarine containers, spray bottles, our large TidyCat litter containers, all kinds of extra stuff. Rick's mom used single-stream and we'd take our stuff up to her container and we'd split the cost with her. In the summer, I take apart my k-cups, dump the used coffee grinds in my composting bowl and put the plastic k-cup in the single-stream recycling container for pick-up. We do single-stream at work, so once a month or so, I'll take a bag of stuff that can be single-streamed into work and dump it into the container.

I always say that, if we didn't have used cat litter, we probably wouldn't have any trash much at all. Between recycling everything we possibly can and composting a great portion of what's left (because I compost everything I can), there's really not much for the trash guy at our house anymore. We don't use paper plates and we rarely use paper napkins or cups.

You know, if somebody ever came up with a way to use used cat litter, they'd make a fortune!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester.

For some reason I'm having trouble trying to "Quote" someone's message.

I recycle the same things you do but we don't have to pay for any of it. I also go through 28 cans of cat food a week. My neighbors love it when I go out every morning to dump my recycling. Those cans really make a loud noise when they hit the bottom of my big recycling bin. They come twice a week to pick it up and it is almost always full. I drink a lot of bottled water, diet cokes and takeouts. When I had a garden I used to compose but I don't do that anymore. I don't have that much trash anymore since I don't have to deal with kitty litter anymore.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. it's forecast to rain today, so i took the trash and recycling out yesterday. i'll make another loaf of bread machine bread. after that i'll work on some planning and organizing. i'll also watch some tv, and read and play some computer games today.

i'll be applying hot compresses to my leg again today. i had thought the infection was gone a couple of days ago, but it had moved -- is just above my ankle, and had moved to the right.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester.

For some reason I'm having trouble trying to "Quote" someone's message.

I recycle the same things you do but we don't have to pay for any of it. I also go through 28 cans of cat food a week. My neighbors love it when I go out every morning to dump my recycling. Those cans really make a loud noise when they hit the bottom of my big recycling bin. They come twice a week to pick it up and it is almost always full. I drink a lot of bottled water, diet cokes and takeouts. When I had a garden I used to compose but I don't do that anymore. I don't have that much trash anymore since I don't have to deal with kitty litter anymore.
I PMed you with the way I'm doing Quotes; I hope that will help you. This new layout is a little convoluted! Anyway, the only thing we have to pay for is the single-stream, which is well worth the money in the long run because it saves a ton on our garbage bill. Well, actually, I don't pay it; I just take stuff to work and throw it in the containers there....as do many of the employees. There's no separating the stuff; it all goes into the same containers.

A lot of people from outside our county will come into our municipal recycling centers, simply because they don't have recycling centers where they live; many of the counties won't sponsor it, or if they do, they charge for recycling. We don't charge for regular recycling. We do charge for single-stream, but that's it.

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , what happened to your leg? Do you have cellulitis?

By the end of yesterday, my headache was full-blown and I went to bed fairly early. I tried to read, but that didn't work, so I pulled Mollipop closer and we went to sleep. Headache is better this morning, but still there. Rick has a bad sinus headache and he's feeling miserable.

Man, it is just pouring outside and has been pretty much all night long. I had to push Mollipop off my pillow this morning around 1:00 as she was trying to bring up a hairball; she jumped off the bed and brought her hairball up on the bedroom floor. I cleaned things up and it was pouring then. Then I had a hard time getting back to sleep and lay there listening to the rain. At 5:00, Rick and The Beast went outside for The Beast's first pee of the morning and it was still pouring. I can't believe the amount of rain we've had this spring. We still can't get a rototiller for the garden because it won't stop raining long enough. We were planning on working outside today, but as wet as it is, I doubt we'll get much done now again. Thank goodness I mowed the jungle on Saturday; it would really be ugly outside!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, Rick will scoop the boxes when he gets up from his nap.
  • I'm not planning on doing much other than making dinner today. I'll need to be in the kitchen by 8:00 to start the beans in the crock pot, make the pasta salad, get the mint tea together, and throw together some bread pudding. We decided on just some burgers for our Memorial Day dinner and Rick will put those together later on this morning and he'll be the Big Griller today.
  • Like I said, we wanted to work outside today, but I don't see that happening. I may search through some totes in the basement for some kitchen things I'm looking for. Maybe a quick vacuum about the living room and kitchen. But that's it.
  • Manicure tonight. And that's it. Those four days off work sure went by quickly.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam,

Thanks for the instructions on how to quote & reply to an post.

I've been recycling for about 25 years here in MD and we never had to pay. We do have to pay for regular trash pick up. That's $81.00 for 3 months and it keeps going up.

We have had a lot of rain yesterday afternoon and last night. It has cleared up now. I get tired of my brother always complaining about it being so dry in our area. Him and my sister are weather freaks. They have to know at all times what they temperature is outside and what the weather is going to be like.

I'm sorry you have a headache. I hope it's better now.

I need to get off here now. It's time for me to watch the View.

Muffy

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
<snip>

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , what happened to your leg? Do you have cellulitis?

<snip>
i was out on tuesday of last week moving firewood, which means i get scratches, scrapes, and abrasions. i use antiseptic to clean those when they happen, but sometimes (actually, it happens often enough) one will get infected -- from 'dirt under the skin'. i'm prone to developing cellulitis, have had it 5 times -- that needed antibiotics to deal with, one time requiring hospitalization. so i'm extremely careful to avoid having to go through cellulitis again.

at this point, no cellulitis. i'm working to rid myself of the infection, and avoid cellulitis. i have a bunch of assorted minor scratches/scrapes/abrasions from tuesday, but only one got infected. it's located 1-2 inches above my ankle. i thought i'd got the infection dealt with several days ago, but it had moved to one side of the original wound infection. probably my own fault, because the hot compresses weren't covering enough of the area surrounding the infection as they needed to. as of today, the infection has pretty much again been effectively dealt with, but some slight warmth still remains. so will continue with the 'hot as i can stand it' compresses, probably for at least the next 2 days.

i will see a doctor if i need to, but wasn't going to go over the holiday weekend since it's not cellulitis at this point and seems to be on the mend. to be clear, i'm not having any red streaks/lines originating at the infection -- i know that should that happen, i need to see a doctor asap. i'll also see a doctor if this infection remains, even at a 'low grade' -- if i'm not able to get rid of it on my own.

today i'll call the company my new windows came from, about problems with one of my windows. it's under warranty, so i expect it'll be setting up someone to come out and fix it. i'll slice the loaf of bread machine bread i made yesterday. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and hopefully get the trash taken out before it starts raining here (heavy rain forecast for here today). after that, i'll watch some tv and read, while applying those hot compresses to my leg.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
i was out on tuesday of last week moving firewood, which means i get scratches, scrapes, and abrasions. i use antiseptic to clean those when they happen, but sometimes (actually, it happens often enough) one will get infected -- from 'dirt under the skin'. i'm prone to developing cellulitis, have had it 5 times -- that needed antibiotics to deal with, one time requiring hospitalization. so i'm extremely careful to avoid having to go through cellulitis again.

at this point, no cellulitis. i'm working to rid myself of the infection, and avoid cellulitis. i have a bunch of assorted minor scratches/scrapes/abrasions from tuesday, but only one got infected. it's located 1-2 inches above my ankle. i thought i'd got the infection dealt with several days ago, but it had moved to one side of the original wound infection. probably my own fault, because the hot compresses weren't covering enough of the area surrounding the infection as they needed to. as of today, the infection has pretty much again been effectively dealt with, but some slight warmth still remains. so will continue with the 'hot as i can stand it' compresses, probably for at least the next 2 days.

i will see a doctor if i need to, but wasn't going to go over the holiday weekend since it's not cellulitis at this point and seems to be on the mend. to be clear, i'm not having any red streaks/lines originating at the infection -- i know that should that happen, i need to see a doctor asap. i'll also see a doctor if this infection remains, even at a 'low grade' -- if i'm not able to get rid of it on my own.

today i'll call the company my new windows came from, about problems with one of my windows. it's under warranty, so i expect it'll be setting up someone to come out and fix it. i'll slice the loaf of bread machine bread i made yesterday. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and hopefully get the trash taken out before it starts raining here (heavy rain forecast for here today). after that, i'll watch some tv and read, while applying those hot compresses to my leg.

Please take care of yourself!! wear long sleeves and long pants when moving firewood...((hugs))

These things are not to be taken lightly... I know you are aware of that, but I had to say it.. :wave2: just me, in my caregiver role!!:catrub:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have to agree with artiemom that, please be careful when you're outside micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom . I know that you know that cellulitis is nothing to mess around with....it can get serious quickly. You take care of yourself.

We spent the late afternoon and early evening outside, working in the front flowerbed; those blasted grape hyacinths are like weeds and we can't get rid of them. Despite pulling them out by the bulb very spring, it's like a thick carpet of blue the following year. Yeah, they are really pretty. But they're impossible to get rid of! I spent my time pulling out hyacinth bulbs, clipping the dead daffodil leaves, and clipping around the trees and such. And I have a long way to go. Between the constant rain and crappy weather, it's hard to get outside regularly.

Back to the grind this morning. I didn't want to get out of bed, let alone come into work.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and grabbed a quick shower. Stopped at the gas station to put some gas into Clarence; the lady at the station told me that she loved my nail color, that "it was a lovely shade of green!". :) It really is; I love this color.
  • Rick and I have an appt tonight, followed by a visit to the grocery store.
  • Work outside if there's time after we get back home and have dinner.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try to finish the rest of the day without :angrywoman::livid: :frustrated:

The usual stuff when I get home: dinner, feed the cats, clean, etc.

Throw a cover letter together and submit it and my resume to a recently posted position. I've already contacted the hiring manager by email (used my network :biggrin:) to express interest and she wants me to formally submit an application through the company web site and then will schedule an interview. Not too keen about working in academia again, though :ohwell: The salary tends to be much lower than in industry and benefits are ok but not great. But that's a decision for later, maybe.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Luck in getting what you really want. I used to go back and forth from academia and private work. I did learn a lot with the academic setting, got a pay cut, and worked hard. When I got burnt out, I went back to private..until I got bored. I did get my salary up, but felt bored, and overworked--felt like an assembly line.

again, Good Luck...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to submit the application tomorrow when I get to work. I need my cover letter saved as PDF file but I can't do that with my ancient version of MS Word... from 2003 :paperbag: I really need to get a new home computer:crash: It won't take long to upload PDF cover letter and submit the application. I filled out the other sections already and saved it. Then I need to round up my references. One person has already said she would be my reference but I need at least 2 more.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cleaned the cat boxes, folded four loads of laundry, and am about to start ironing. I love ironing! :woo:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaned the cat boxes, folded four loads of laundry, and am about to start ironing. I love ironing! :woo:
I love to iron too. Don't have anything that needs ironing though, everything comes out of the dryer looking good.

1. Went out for breakfast and then saw the movie Everything, Everything with my significant other.
2. Had dinner at a mexican restaurant. Today was senior night, second meal is free for seniors.
3. Did a load of laundry. Anti climatic after a day of fun. :lol:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please take care of yourself!! wear long sleeves and long pants when moving firewood...((hugs))

These things are not to be taken lightly... I know you are aware of that, but I had to say it.. :wave2: just me, in my caregiver role!!:catrub:

I have to agree with artiemom that, please be careful when you're outside micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom . I know that you know that cellulitis is nothing to mess around with....it can get serious quickly. You take care of yourself.

<snip>
yes, i will take care of myself! :) i do wear long sleeves and long pants during the cool/cold weather months, but would get overheated quickly during the warm/hot weather months wearing those. plus......i can be a klutz.

any time i get a scratch, scrape, abrasion, or cut i treat it carefully and keep a close eye on it. for me, they all have the potential to become infected.

the time actually isn't far off (as i get older) that i'll hire out to have the firewood stacked. there are some (trustworthy) local guys who do these kind of jobs. but i'll always end up needing to move firewood myself to some extent.

today i'll make some home cooked pudding, either vanilla or maple flavored. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the recycling. then it'll be hot compresses on my leg (though i'm pretty sure the infection is gone now, though not taking any chances here) while watching some tv, reading, and playing some computer games.

Status
Not open for further replies.