Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today will be a pretty quiet day here. we're forecast to get up to 79 degrees F, so i've planned to do the daily household chores (wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, take out the trash) and then read and/or watch some tv. i got the lawn mowed yesterday, so that's taken care of for about another week.

our Dude's annual physical went very well yesterday. no oral lesions (he was diagnosed with FORLs), and a little tartar on his back teeth but (per the vet) 'not enough to merit a dental cleaning'. Dude was very wiggly-squirmy, though did settle down while i held and comforted him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Man, I did not want to drag my sorry butt out of bed this morning. I was up until around 1:00 or so and then didn't sleep well at all.
  • Took care of the kids, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, and sorted through two piles of laundry. Grabbed my shower and, on my way into work, I put some gas into Clarence. He needs a bath, too; the darn birds are unrelentless this spring and the Tucson is just as bad; bird poop all over the place. The pool cover looks horrible from those grackles. Guess I'm going to be washing cars this weekend. Rick is on day two of the arbitration, so I'm not sure what time he'll get home today.
  • Meeting right after work tonight
  • Trash night and some laundry

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'll be glad when this week is finished. Rick got done with the arbitration much earlier than he expected yesterday, so he came on home, did the laundry, changed the litter boxes and took the trash down to the road, and then ran in town to pick up The Beast's food at the vet. I didn't have much at all to do last night, other than deal with dinner, and it was nice.
  • Took care of the kids, scooped the boxes, made the bed, emptied the dishwasher, and grabbed a quick shower
  • Rick has a union meeting after work, followed by another meeting after that, so he's going to be home late. I have a hair appt right after work, so I'm going to be home late. Til somebody gets home, The Beast is going to be peeing her fur (she doesn't wear pants :) ) It's going to be a long day for everybody around here.
I don't plan on doing much of anything when I get home tonight, other than dinner.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- I need to go d a big stock up trip at CVS before our extra discount ends tomorrow night
- pick up a a gift card
- bring flowers to the cemetery

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll be baking a banana bundt cake as well as a pan of blondies with carob chips -- i'll bake them together, as they're at the same oven temp, but the blondies will be done about halfway through the cake bake time. i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and (likely will) take out the trash and recycling.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's finally Friday....this week has been busy
  • Took care of the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, and grabbed my shower
  • I want to run back down to Ulta. I was there for my hair appt last night, but didn't realize that they were having a sale on the Redken products that I use: Buy two for $24 and get a free hair mask. And I have a $3.50 coupon. And I think that, right now, you get 5x the points.
  • A quick vacuum throughout the house tonight
And that's it. I'm tired. It was all I could do to stay up to watch the 2-hour Supernatural season finale last night; I kept falling asleep and waking up, only to fall asleep again. I'm going to have it watch it again this weekend.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , banana bundt cake sounds good this morning.

Pepe had us awake bright and early this morning. We stayed in bed until 5:00, then got up and took care of the kids. Rick is snoozing away on the sofa, I've got my coffee, and am back here on the computer.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied out the dishwasher, and straightened the kitchen a bit. Rick said he'd scoop after he gets back up from his nap.
  • I want to clean the countertops this morning. I use Method granite cleaner. Then a quick wipe inside the fridge and wipe down the appliances. They really show the fingerprints.
  • Errands: banking, Target, Ulta (didn't get there last night)
  • While Rick works outside a bit this afternoon, I'm going to vacuum, dust, clean the bathroom, etc.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester the banana bundt cake is a recipe i make often! :yummy:

today i'll freeze the batch of carob chip blondies i baked yesterday -- temporarily, until i finish the banana cake. i'll also wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes. will take out the trash and recycling too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got a load of laundry washed and dried, but will wait until late morning to fold it and put it away. other than that, it'll just be washing the dishes and scooping the litter boxes.

we're forecast to get to low to mid 70's (F) here today, so hopefully will have some windows open for a while. i'll read, watch some tv, and likely play some computer games this afternoon.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
*up early for Mass
*Have to sell bus tickets for our outing at both the 7:30 am and 10 am Masses. There is a Wounded Warriors Motorcycle Run through the city and back. Hopefully I will be able to get home after the 10AM Mass. ~~~sigh
*have to make sure Artie has all his meds and sub-q's.
*fold and put the clean laundry away
* Try to do my regular morning stuff in between things.

Was going to clean a bit around here, but the morning is lost due to the last minute stuff at Church. I plan on running home between Masses, give Artie some meds, perhaps sub-q's--that is if I have time. I do not want to rush him.

I will be tired from getting up with the birds this morning. I may just laze around and clean tomorrow, when it rains.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I did make it down to Ulta yesterday....got a great deal on my favorite shampoo and conditioner (both for $24), also had a 20% off coupon, and got a free mega-mask. Yes! I'm going to try the mega-mask tomorrow morning.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, prepared my chuck roast for grilling later on today, Rick will scoop when he gets up from his nap
  • Sorted through the laundry and threw the first load into the washer
  • Must go over to my sister to feed my fur-nieces and fur-nephews and scoop their boxes
  • Hopefully things will dry out long enough to mow the yard today (we had rain yesterday, so no chance to get outside and I understand it's to rain tomorrow)
  • I'd like to wash the cars. Clarence needs a good vacuuming and the interior needs to be cleaned.
  • Manicure tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , banana bundt cake sounds good this morning.

<snip>
here's the recipe, for any who are interested!

Cakes and Other Baked Desserts

today i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. then i'll work on some planning with my budget. i might also move a container of chicken and rice soup to the fridge to thaw this evening, or might wait to do that until tomorrow morning.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yum. Thanks micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom !

Busy day yesterday. Got the laundry done, changed the bed sheets, I got both cars washed and vacuumed Clarence out and cleaned the interior well. Got all the windows. That took pretty much all of my afternoon. Last night I mowed yard while Rick push-mowed to do the trimming. Most of it is finished....we wanted to get as much done as we could because we're going into another rainy week starting late last night. But I smashed my shoulder against a low maple tree branch; I keep telling Rick that those low branches should go, but he doesn't listen. I ducked and I was really low (halfway off the mower and the branch almost took me right off the mower), but ended up with my shoulder tight against the branch; it's all bruised up this morning and hurts like the dickens.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1 mile on the treadmill, scooped the boxes, made the bed, general clean-up about the house, and grabbed my shower
  • Dentist appointment this morning, just for a cleaning
  • A bit of grocery shopping tonight after work

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do a couple batches of laundry.

Make myself a spaghetti and meatball "feast" that I can take to work during the week. The meatballs are ready-made from the butcher counter at my supermarket. I have not had this meal in a long time.

Enjoy my time with Speedy. I love to spend time with her on my day off. I groom her, play with her, give her extra cuddle time on my day off.:catrub::catrub::catrub:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i've got firewood to move, will mow the lawn, then (if i've got time) will go through the kitchen fridge freezer -- going to remove the shelf in the freezer as it creates problems. i'll also pick up the mail at the post office. i'll move a container of chicken & rice soup as well as some pork chops to the fridge to thaw. i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash too. i think we'll have 'salon day' here too -- my cats nails could use a trim!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 1.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes, general straightening-up, grabbed my shower, and prepared and mailed off a sympathy card on my way to work (one of my close GFs just lost her 21-year old furbaby and he was a sweetie)
We don't have much in the way of plans tonight. If the weather holds, maybe we can get some weeding done.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I seriously thought about a mental health day today, but then dragged my butt out of bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, general straightening-up (no scooping because we're cleaning out boxes tonight), separated three piles of laundry on the hallway floor
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night
  • A quick vacuum about the house

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Today seems like Friday to me.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower
  • Should run some errands during my lunch hour (should....does not mean will, especially if it's raining)
And other than dinner tonight, that's pretty much it. I'm going home and am either going to work on the computer for a while (working on some recipes) or turn into a bed potato.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
  • Shoved an antibiotic pill down Snickers' throat on the second try. :clap:
  • Polished my toes a nice periwinkle color and vacuumed the main floor in between coats. :cool:
  • Finished the second book in the Outlander series and started the third, successfully ignoring everything I should be doing and/or thinking about to get ready for Jonah's graduation this weekend. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.