Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
making more sports drink powders only took me 4 hours yesterday! i guess i've got the routine of making them down now. :)

i'll do that load of laundry today, as i decided to focus on just the sports drink powders yesterday. and i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, then take out the trash and recycling.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- need to go to the grocery store
- need to go to another store to stock up on things
- bring my husband's car for new tires

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Awakened around 3:00 with the worst headache....must be due to the change in humidity with those t-storms rolling in today. The headache is nasty.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed my shower (I was going to put some gas into Clarence, but it's pouring outside, so we came on into work)
  • Appointment with the ortho-weenie this afternoon about my knee.
  • Grocery shopping tonight; we never made it to the store yesterday
  • Must scoop boxes tonight as I didn't have time to do it this morning
Usually by late afternoon, my head will be throbbing; if that's the case, grocery shopping can wait until Tuesday night.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
making more sports drink powders only took me 4 hours yesterday! i guess i've got the routine of making them down now.
Can I ask why you make sports drinks & what exactly they are?

Awakened around 3:00 with the worst headache....must be due to the change in humidity with those t-storms rolling in today. The headache is nasty. Usually by late afternoon, my head will be throbbing; if that's the case, grocery shopping can wait until Tuesday night.
Pam, I don't know how you do it. IIRC, you cannot take anything for your headaches? I would rather top myself than go to work on a Monday with a migraine headache. I rarely get them, but, when I do, they are horrible. Luckily 3 Excedrin Migraine will take them out - but very slowly.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Chilly this morning for my constitutional, but warmed up around two-ish.
  2. Too lazy to take my spare bedroom bedspread to the laundromat to wash myself. (Too big for my machine.) So I am paying $30 to my dry cleaner to wash & dry it for me. Colossal waste of money, but just cannot be fagged to spend 2 hours washing & drying the thing at the laundromat.
  3. Went to City Hall this a.m. to see if we were eligible for a state & city property tax rebate this year. Over the limit for state, but we are getting a $500 credit from the city. This is good for next year also.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I ask why you make sports drinks & what exactly they are?
yes! i make basically a homemade version of gatorade sports drink powder. they're my 'liquid refreshment'. my homemade sports drink powder consists of kool-aid (1 packet, unsweetened), sugar (1/2 cup, heaping), plain table salt (1/4 teaspoon), and morton lite salt (1/4 teaspoon -- for the potassium). i use the blender to mix it up, and to pulverize the sugar and salts -- so the powder will dissolve easily when mixed into water. there are a couple reasons why i choose to make the powders myself: the cost is so much less than if i bought it from the store, and i have more flavor choices available to me (using the kool-aid). the reasons why i drink the sports drinks are that it prevents (for the most part) leg/muscle cramps, and it keeps me hydrated well (and without going over my 50-70 fluid ounces per day limit, i have low blood sodium and though i'm not a runner i've had hyponatremia).

today, i'll move some mozzarella cheese shred to the fridge to thaw, make some pizza sauce, slice some pepperoni, and pre-measure for a batch of pizza dough. i'll also wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash and recycling.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That's very interesting, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom . I wondered about the sports powder, too. Thank you for explaining. How much powder to how much water?

Yeah, Primula Primula , I'm kinda screwed when it comes to those headaches. I just deal. When they get too bad, then I just go to bed and wait. Most of the time I can work through them; really, I don't have a choice. I spent a lot of time yesterday, sitting at my desk, massaging my temples, the area around my nose, and the webbing on my right hand. Why? Because I read somewhere that those massages help. (They don't. Trust me, they don't.) There are days when I would sell my soul for an Advil. Two Excedrin for Migraines also worked beautifully on my migraines.....I could actually feel the headache start to dissipate in about 30 minutes. I can't take that anymore either. I've been tempted. I've gotten so desperate for relief that I even told Rick one time, "Look, I need to take something; if I start acting wonky, call 911. And here's the Epi-Pen." But then I backed down and went to bed. And we did grab groceries last night. Came home, I made supper, but I hit the bed and didn't eat much at all.

As bad as I felt yesterday with that headache, that's how good I feel this morning. It's still there, lurking....I can feel it. But for now, I feel really well today. My knee hurts from the cortisone shot I had yesterday; it actually hurts worse this morning than it did the whole time I've been dealing with it. The doctor said that can be expected, but it should clear up in a couple of days. No walking for 3 weeks.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, grabbed a shower. Put gas into Clarence on my way into work this morning.
  • CVS/Target called, so I need to go down tonight to pick up my prescription. I should have done it last night as we were right down there at the grocery store, but I completely forgot about it.
  • I have to update our Kaspersky for the desktop and the laptop tonight. We were done today. I didn't even turn the computer on last night because of all the t-storms rolling through central PA. Lots of thunder and lightning. And wind. Lots of wind. Thankfully the worst of the storms missed us.
And I think that's pretty much it for us today. I should do a quick vacuum tonight, but....no walking. Ha!

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's very interesting, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom . I wondered about the sports powder, too. Thank you for explaining. How much powder to how much water?

<snip>
i go by the taste of it. i always use approximately 12 ounces of water, and add in the range of 1 1/2 tablespoons of sports drink powder to it. i'll add a bit more powder if i haven't had enough liquids so far that day, if i'm behind on drinking liquids.

today i'll bake the pepperoni pizza, make my mortgage payment, wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes. i'll also work on my budget for a bit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, general clean-up, grabbed a quick shower
  • Laundry night
  • Trash night

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom - thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I have never had a sports drink in my life, but it sounds like they are a benefit to you.

Winchester Winchester - Pam 2 x Excedrin Migraine does not work for me. It has to be 3. And mine abate very slowly, but the relief when a migraine is gone is immense.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
- Took the kiddos outside for about an hour and a half this morning. Finally a sunny day after so many rainy ones!
- Will have a meeting to learn how to become a "Breastfeeding Friendly Childcare" after work.
- Will make more cat food tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
[USER=36553 said:
@Winchester[/USER] - Pam 2 x Excedrin Migraine does not work for me. It has to be 3. And mine abate very slowly, but the relief when a migraine is gone is immense.
Primula Primula It always worked great for my migraines. 30 minutes....pretty much gone. It doesn't matter since I can't take the blasted things anyway. There are those days, though....:sigh: God, I get so tempted. I do have a prescription med for the nausea and the light; it's supposed to work on making those issues more manageable. It's supposed to.....it does not. Might as well take candy for all the good it does.

Today is Rick's birthday; he said he's going into work just long enough to pick up his pay check and then he's taking a sick day for the rest of the day. He's not spending his birthday in that place. He said he's not doing much of anything today at all....can't really say that I blame him.
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, general clean-up (by general clean-up, I mean putting the mail away, taking the recycling to the basement, washing the kids' water dishes, bringing water up from the basement because our kids only drink bottled spring water, stuff like that, nothing major), a quick shower
  • Must vacuum Hannah (the Tucson) out tonight and wipe down the windows a bit. I was going to bring her to work today and just take her to the car wash, but then Clarence said, "Say what? Seriously?" when he saw me walking over to Hannah. :lol: So Clarence and I came to work.
  • I'd like to do my nails tonight while I watch Supernatural (which, I think, is new); I have them painted lilac, but the polish is really chipping.

Last edited:

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
- Made more cat food this morning, in addition to what was made last night.
- Will go to our 12 yr old's soccer game - bundled up since it'll be in the 50s.
- Will pack for tomorrow and Saturday's conference/get-away with DH.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll make a loaf of bread machine bread, pre-measure out for pizza dough and a batch of carob brownies, wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and then work on my budget for a bit.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had a nice day yesterday, even though I had to drive down to the Green Dragon in pouring (and I mean pouring!) rain. Walked around with our umbrellas, but basically stayed inside the buildings. We bought snacks: some of the really good Amish baked goods, some smoked almonds and some hot peanuts, some hot beef sticks. We bought a really nice pork butt for smoking for our Memorial Day picnic. And we bought a small yard flag. That was pretty much it. Ran over to Shady Maple for a bit of lunch (and a two-layer white coconut cake) and then we came home. We took another couple with us. A nice day and, thankfully, I was able to drive home in much better conditions than driving down!
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied out the dishwasher, Rick will scoop boxes when he gets back up from his nap
  • Banking and some shopping this morning: Target, Boscov's, grocery store for fresh salad produce for my seven-layer salad (to take over to my sister's for dinner tonight)
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer about the living room, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll make the spaghetti sauce, a large batch -- using a new recipe. also will be using my new hard anodized 10-quart stockpot -- Rachael Ray Hard-Anodized 10-Quart Covered Stockpot, Orange Handles | Rachael Ray Store i had looked at quite a few hard anodized stockpots and read many reviews on them before deciding on this one. i bought mine from amazon, at a much lower price. i get so very excited, using new cookware or bakeware! :hyper: i'll freeze the spaghetti sauce tomorrow, after it's cooled in the fridge overnight. and that will complete my 'cooking/baking ahead for the hot summer months'. i'll wait until the end of may/beginning of june to start using the meals/baked goods i've made for the summer, and they should get me into early september or so.

other than making the spaghetti sauce, i'll thaw some mozzarella cheese shred and pepperoni, wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and wait for a break in the rain to take out the trash. i'll also work on some planning/organizing today.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
What I have done so far:

*Breakfast
*Regular morning stuff--dishes, medicate Artie
*Sprayed some Natures Remedy on poopy spots on quilt and blanket
*Swiffered the kitchen and bathroom
*On the second wash for the quilt. I do it twice cuz it is bulky for my washer
*Washed down the bathroom--top to bottom
*Gave Artie his sub-q's
*Left an update with N Vet..

Taking a break now.. it is 11:20am

What I have left to do today:

*dry quilt
*Wash blanket
*wipe down the bathroom stuff and return to its place
*Make a salad for supper

Do not think I can accomplish the below list; today, but I will try to pick up around here a bit.. and shower...

what is on my "TO DO" list:
*Dust furniture, and swiffer/vacuum...
*Dump, clean out litter box, shake out the rugs in Artie's Bathroom which are full of litter; or at least vacuum them..
*wipe down the moulding in the great room..looking dusty...
*Wash down Artie's bathroom

And get to Trader Joe's before Tuesday, for some yogurt!!

I have given up!!
*put the bathroom back to order,
*washing blanket now, quilt in dryer
*folded and put away a basket full of clean laundry from yesterday
*did a quick vacuuming on the laminate, litter rugs

I am tired now. I am going to check on the quilt, make a salad and take a shower.
Oh, and take care of the clean quilt and blanket.
Wash the dirty, wet towels....

Done for the day!! I am tired. Artie was so good...on his cat tree in his room, and then when the "Monster" Vacuum came out, he ran to the corner of my bedroom.
He is sleeping on my bed now..

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, emptied the dishwasher
  • Rick is working in the basement, so he's also working on laundry
  • I never did get around to cleaning yesterday, so I have to do some today. The house will not vacuum or Swiffer itself.
  • Work on a grocery list and coupons
  • Manicure tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, made the bed, general clean-up, grabbed my shower
  • Doctor appt this morning
  • Planning Commission meeting right after work this afternoon
  • Grocery shopping tonight
  • Dusted my dumbbells off to start (yet) another exercise program tonight

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll bake some carob brownies, wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take out the trash. then i'll work on some planning and organizing for a bit.

well, we've had a 'bug' that started with our DeeDee, and about the time she was feeling better it moved on to Punky, and when Punky was feeling better it started with our Dude. it was diarrhea, gastro upset. now Dude is feeling better, but will be on jar (meat) baby food and pepcid ac for 3 or 4 more days still.

Status
Not open for further replies.