Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not overly much going on here today, which is what i planned. i'll work on the budget for a bit, wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, get my week planned (on paper). i'll also move a disc of oatmeal peanut butter cookie dough to the fridge to thaw -- i'll be baking a cinnamon sugar cake (aka, snickerdoodle cake) tomorrow, and expect to have extra cinnamon buttercream frosting (i always end up with extra, just don't like overly much frosting on my cake. will bake some cookies and use the extra frosting to make sandwich cookies :yummy: ).

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to do a quick regular morning chores..
Combine Artie's meds in a shorter time frame
Artie is going to the R Vet for a clean-out.. he is miserable.
Waiting for him to come home...
cleaning up the mess from his enema and such....
sigh

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got to see The Martian last night; we had a free HBO/Cinemax weekend and the movie was shown. I really liked it. I had read the book quite a while ago and enjoyed the book, too. Excellent movie, if a bit far-fetched. Matt Damon was really good. And I didn't fall asleep! Not once!

Hoping for an early night tonight; have my mammogram bright and early tomorrow morning.
The Martian was a good movie. Sat down yesterday to watch Jason Bourne. Pulled off paper wrapper, sliced off plastic wrapping, opened cover - no movie inside. What a pain. Had it a few months now. Think I bought it from Walmart, but no receipt now. Wondering what I paid for the darn thing. First time ever this happened to me. Was it a mistake in production? Who the heck knows.

I have my annual mammogram at 10.15 a.m. tomorrow.

1. Rudely awoken at 8 a.m, by gosh darn bloody leaf blower at pre-school next door. I think they are allowed to start at 8 a.m. but such a pain. Continued for almost 2-1/2 hours as they chased leaves & dust around the parking lot.
  2. Walked to Super Stop & Shop for groceries as there was nothing in the house for me to eat. Sure is expensive being a vegetarian since protein (nuts, etc.) costs a lot. Took Fast Trak home with 2 super-heavy bags. Luckily met a neighbor who carried one bag home for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I seriously considered taking a sick day today, not because of a headache, but because I'm sick of work and need a mental health day. Alas, here I am.

• Breakfast for the furkids, emptied the dishwasher, scooped the boxes, made the bed, general clean-up, had to mail a letter or my way into work this morning
  • Must take clemantines over to Rick's mom during lunch today; when they're on sale at the store, we buy them for her
  • Our riding mower bit the dust; it's probably a good 15 years old now and wasn't stored in our shed for a long time (we just got our shed a few years ago). We need to start doing reviews and research on a new riding mower. We've been considering something a little heavier and more powerful that we might be able to use in the driveway for smaller snowstorms. He did talk to one of his co-workers who used to work on mowers and tractors, but the guy said that, at 15 years old, he didn't think it was worth putting money into it. It's a John Deere. Meanwhile, Rick has been push-mowing the yard....he won't let me help out because of my knee. (This must be the year for things to go bad on us!)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll bake the cinnamon sugar cake, and the oatmeal peanut butter cookies. i've decided to halve the cinnamon buttercream frosting recipe, see how that works out for me. i'll wash and sterilize more canning jars and lids/rims. other than that, it's the usual washing of dishes, and scooping of litter boxes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , your cinnamon sugar cake sounds good, kind of reminds me of a snickerdoodle cake in a way, esp with the cinnamon frosting, too. Either tonight or tomorrow, I want to try chocolate chip pretzel cookies, sweet and salty, should be the best of both worlds.
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, tried 2 miles on the treadmill this morning (I'm so tired of being a slug!), made the bed, and grabbed a shower
  • Must run over to the grocery store as, somehow, we ran out of milk. And we just went for groceries on Monday night!
  • Trash night
  • Laundry night

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , your cinnamon sugar cake sounds good, kind of reminds me of a snickerdoodle cake in a way, esp with the cinnamon frosting, too. Either tonight or tomorrow, I want to try chocolate chip pretzel cookies, sweet and salty, should be the best of both worlds.
<snip>
chocolate chip pretzel cookies...sweet and salty......yummmmm!!! :biggrin:

thank you! it turned out really very tasty! here's the recipe, if anyone is interested -- Cinnamon-Sugar Cake | Deliciously Sprinkled

this time was my testing out of the recipe, which i always do before i'd make a baked item for a gift. i'm thinking of gifting this cake for Christmas this year. i found that the cake is quite low in height, so really needs to be a layer cake. i wanted to make it in a 9x13 sized pan, and thought to use a (disposable) foil pan -- so i wouldn't need to retrieve my pan later. it converted to the 9x13 pan very well (the volume is very close -- 9x13 is 117 square inches, while two 9-inch round pans equal 128 square inches) -- i researched converting to different sized pans, and found this info the most helpful http://pastrieslikeapro.com/2013/09/pan-size-conversions/ .

so after baking and cooling the cake, i cut it in half width-wise, then put together as a layer cake, sprinkling cinnamon-sugar over the top. i halved the buttercream frosting recipe, and that was pretty much the perfect amount of frosting for me. i also took the opportunity to use @angels mommy 's tip when frosting the cake -- to wet the knife to smooth the frosting nicely......thank you, Kelly!

today i've got a bunch of stuff to do. i'll start off with the cats and my breakfasts, then will do 'salon day' (aka, nail trimming) for my three. i'll mow the lawn, then start rearranging inside the mini barn, then it's some kitchen/cooking related stuff in the kitchen, a quick vacuuming around the house, washing the dishes and scooping the litter boxes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
OK, I have to tell you....I went to the site to look at the cake. And I found a Cat Exercise Wheel! It's adorable and I may have to get one for our kids! Maybe for Christmas. If you go back to the site, check the wheel out. I don't know if our kids would use it; if Boo was still with us, I know he'd get on the thing. Not so sure about anybody else, although I tend to think Tabby would probably give it a shot.

The cake looked delicious and I'll have to try it. BTW, if you have little individual loaf pans, that might work for you for cakes to give as gifts. I have a pan that has eight little loaf pans in it and they're just the perfect size for gift-giving. Kind of like what's here:
I make Ina Garten's Lemon Cake in my loaf pans and then use them for gifts.....you know, I'm thinking you and I should exchange cakes this year for Christmas! :)

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Would love a link to the cat wheel Pam mentioned above.
  2. Cruddy weather today. Very very wet & cold. Tomorrow supposed to be better.
  3. "Summerized" bathroom. So many bloody knick knacks & dust collectors in the bathroom. Wish I could ignore their dustiness, but I am OCD.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, it's pretty expensive, especially if the kids don't like it and won't use it.
Taking a vacation day today to get some things done around here. I gave Dear Richard the check to pay to get Clarence out of hock for his engine; he's going to run in over lunch....then we'll go pick him up tonight.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes
  • A bit of housecleaning: a quick vacuum and Swiffer about
  • Doing some baking today: Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies and some snickerdoodles
  • Will get Clarence back home tonight

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- Need to go to UPS to pick up two packages
- Need to go to Kohls and CVS to use up coupons/rewards before the end of the month
- pick up some bagels.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, I have to tell you....I went to the site to look at the cake. And I found a Cat Exercise Wheel! It's adorable and I may have to get one for our kids! Maybe for Christmas. If you go back to the site, check the wheel out. I don't know if our kids would use it; if Boo was still with us, I know he'd get on the thing. Not so sure about anybody else, although I tend to think Tabby would probably give it a shot.

The cake looked delicious and I'll have to try it. BTW, if you have little individual loaf pans, that might work for you for cakes to give as gifts. I have a pan that has eight little loaf pans in it and they're just the perfect size for gift-giving. Kind of like what's here:
I make Ina Garten's Lemon Cake in my loaf pans and then use them for gifts.....you know, I'm thinking you and I should exchange cakes this year for Christmas! :)
for a minute, i thought maybe my link took you to the cat wheel site instead of the cake site/recipe. but reading further on, i was relieved to see that that wasn't the case.

yes! that's the cat wheel i've wanted to buy for my cats for quite a while...years! as for my three, i think the girls would love it! it would just be a matter of one of them deciding to try it. and our Dude would try it after seeing his girls using it.

thank you! and i have a pan with 8 mini loaf pans in it! the particular gift i'm considering the cinnamon sugar cake for, it's for our vet's and staff -- so in this case, it would need to be a full-sized cake. well, or maybe cupcakes. it's transporting the cake that has me concerned. although, lining a deep-ish box with foil might work well.

that's a lovely thought -- you and i exchanging cakes for Christmas! :D

today i'll make a batch of hummus (will use as a dip for my raw veggies), put together the mustard mixture and spices mixture for the Indoor Pulled Pork recipe -- thank you for posting the recipe, Pam! and will also put together the brine today. i'll make the pulled pork tomorrow, get it in the oven shortly after brunch. it's gonna be way too hot for using the oven today, forecast to get up to 82 degrees F......:sweat: i'll also wash the dishes, and scoop the litter boxes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I hope you like the pulled pork! We enjoy it. It's supposed to be warm here today, too. And muggy. With storms and t-storms today into tonight. While our weekend is to be quite warm, it may be pretty much a wash-out, too.

Rick is not feeling well today. (To be honest? The man ate a blasted ton of cookies last night. A ton. I even told him to knock it off and said that if he couldn't behave, I wasn't going to bake anymore. And it's not like he never gets any cookies. I mean, c'mon now. Seriously? I put 12 cookies into a container yesterday, for munching, and that container was empty last night and I didn't have any -- I hope that man gets so fat, he waddles! The rest of them, other than for his mom, are in containers in the freezer.)
  • Breakfast for the kids, grabbed a shower, made the bed, we picked Clarence up on the way to work
  • Must get an anniversary card for Rick; our anniversary is on Sunday
  • Must take some cookies to Rick's mom
  • Must scoop boxes tonight as I didn't get to them this morning

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Considering the cat wheel. If my 2 girls didn't like it, I could easily donate it to the shelter we use.
  2. HOT today. Had to be 85 easily. Walked a lot today & had to change my outfit halfway through as I was so hot & sweaty.
  3. I mentioned earlier this week my empty Jason Bourne DVD from Walmart. Turns out this is not uncommon. Some little thief will buy it, remove the DVD, & return it for credit. Apparently it is very easy to shrink-wrap a package. Will shake the DVD next time to be sure it is not empty - but I guess a thief could put a bit of plastic in the empty cover to make a noise when shaken.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you like the pulled pork! We enjoy it.
<snip>
the pulled pork turned out most excellent!!! i'll tell you, towards the end of the baking of it, the aroma was making my mouth water. i made the Lexington Vinegar Barbecue sauce -- really very good! thank you so much for sharing the recipe! :D

later this morning (after i've gotten more sleep), i'll portion the pulled pork into vacuum sealer bags, seal 'em up, and then freeze them. i'll also make the hummus -- had planned to do that a couple days ago but made the black bean burgers instead (switched them, the days i'd planned to made them). then i'll wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, take out the trash.

both my girls seem to be feeling better, after their bouts of diarrhea. they're on pepcid ac and eating jar (meat) baby food now. currently, they're playing and running around the house like crazy kittens...... :cutecat:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
the pulled pork turned out most excellent!!! i'll tell you, towards the end of the baking of it, the aroma was making my mouth water. i made the Lexington Vinegar Barbecue sauce -- really very good! thank you so much for sharing the recipe! :D
I'm glad you liked it! We do, too! Glad the girls are recovering!
Primula Primula , that's interesting about the DVDs....thanks for the heads-up.

Got up this morning and Rick forgot to fill The Beast's food container, so she wasn't amused. I fed the girls, Rick fed The Beast, then he shooed me out of the kitchen and he emptied out the dishwasher. He's scooping boxes now. I need to make my coffee....woman cannot live on just OJ.
  • Banking this morning. I think we're going out for breakfast, too, as he mentioned something about it last night. I need to hit Target.
  • A bit of vacuuming and Swiffering in the living room and kitchen, nothing big. Wipe the kitchen and bathroom down.
  • I want to clean a bit in the basement. Remember when I cleaned out that area for the electrician to replace that electrical box? Rick told me not to put anything back, that he would take care of it. Well, nothing's been done and I'm tired of threading my way through the basement. So I'm going to clean it this afternoon.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Weekend is going by quickly....
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick is scooping boxes now
  • Just threw the first load of laundry in the washer
  • I think we might go for groceries today
  • Rick has been promising me he'd steam-clean the kitchen floor. He told me yesterday that he'd do it today.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i'll do a load of laundry (the washer is full now), then make more sports drink powders-- should take me about 5 hours to make them, as you need to make it by single batches in the blender (blender can't handle more powder than one batch at a time), and i've got four flavors/canisters to make. the good news is that i only need to make sports drink powder about once every month and a half or so. after that, i'll wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.