My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for including me. I hope it happens for both of us.
ME TOO! I feel that I have been between a rock and a hard place too long. It's time to start anew elsewhere. I don't have any desire to remain here. I need to figure out my outdoor cat situation and other things first though. Hang in there, you are not alone. 🙂

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 BJ loves his hat! ;) Banjo always sees rainbows. I love the squirrel videos. So adorable!
That is a very large Tulip Magnolia! Wow. No wonder Gypsy likes that tree. Beautiful and a Purrfect climbing tree! Go Gypsy! Lol

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Hissy is so precious. I don’t know about the splayed feet. They are still pretty young so maybe she hasn’t gotten her strength yet. Is she pushing up with any of her legs? The legs kind of quiver as the first start using them. You can help her developer strength by lifting her hind quarters to see if she can get her legs under her just a bit more. Her weight can keep her kind of flattened out before she really starts walking. Are the others doing the same thing?
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 A “knuckle sandwich”! Lol
Not a single paw print that I can say is hers. I saw my neighbors tripod kitty four times today. He is taking full advantage of the special dishes distributed around. Just after dark I went to replace what Tripod had enjoyed. It was in the same place where I first spotted Kelly ( the Gingerbread kittens’ mom cat). I must have been going pretty quietly through the leaves because I got close before hearing a cat run. Run being the key word here. Tripod does more of a scramble, hop. I know the sound a possum or raccoon makes and it wasn’t either of those but it could have been that orange floof that visited. It was too dark and the underbrush to heavy for me to see anything. No eyes reflected by a light. I called but I don’t expect her to come to my call if startled. Maybe not to a call at all but if I get a single glimpse, then I know she is still out there and I can set traps and wait. I’ll put carriers out too. Spend the night out there if necessary. It’s the same area where I camped out with BJ. Hope continues.

M maggiedemi I had to laugh. I don’t know about hunting guys by scent. Can’t say that I have experience with that method. Lololol Maybe BJ could better advise on that. You could have him help!
Lovely idea about the chain of hands

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Neither if you are alone. Yes! Hang in there and as maggiedemi said, maybe answers come that are even better than we hope for.

I have four cameras placed strategically to watch for Thrasher. N NY cat man Maybe you can give me a clue on this. I keep getting a rhythmic sound over the cameras in the greenhouse. It’s almost like a pulse count of fourteen and then nothing. Then repeat. It doesn’t happen all the time. Nights and mornings only. Is this possibly electrical current fluctuating? Wondering if there is a bad outlet. My cameras have a sound intensity sensor. It has a bar of lights. Sometimes I get full bars sometimes less. Nothing else is plugged in or running. At first I thought it was something scratching on the ground in there but it isn’t that as far as I can tell because I have searched and find no creatures. UNLESS I have a frog heartbeat on the back of a camera. Lol I didn’t think to look for a frog on the camera.🤔

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for a smile post!
How do you dress to impress? Especially if you want to impress your Frog Prince. Banjo thinks she knows. She’s been invited to a royal Froggie party.

I think that common sense tells me that I should wear something pretty, green and with a bit of sparkle.
6A21740E-680E-4515-BB6E-66B284EA0D22.jpeg

A bow perhaps?
12A4F0BD-9211-4435-9BC6-046606F37F85.jpeg

Does it look okay hooman? I don’t usually do the girly stuff.
FEAE2CB1-F986-4ABE-9565-498CA9091A29.jpeg

Can you see it from the front?
7C840A49-A095-4740-BBB9-2D797000F05A.jpeg

How does it look in back?
797EC82B-3CBA-4190-8E66-A1827DEAAF8B.jpeg

I’m not sure it’s enough for a Prince.
ABBDD7E2-7962-4963-97EC-CA7AAA6B46CC.jpeg

Maybe....
3F8E7A71-046E-4037-BF9E-5E578F33C838.jpeg

I can work on this...
FDEED37D-78D5-425F-96E5-E629E0086F13.jpeg

And get it just right.
439AB2D6-0CAF-4974-8983-F0FADBAE8164.jpeg

Then get it to fit....
A8E8B365-4287-4149-BDA3-C13D8528A84E.jpeg

And now I have frog colors!
2F599EE1-EB2D-4B34-8D55-7C98CE78F04F.jpeg

I think the frogs will notice.
0CC87A29-281E-49CC-9FD4-78C77689E77A.jpeg

Is it fancy enough?
7E0930A3-3F0B-4181-9DC1-1D6DDEB6D761.jpeg

Froggie!!!
AC2CBDE9-6BD7-4268-84B5-6EA5D0E8A28D.jpeg

It looks like the frogs are gathering for the party.
D01566C6-BB17-4676-98E4-92CB3F0A7174.jpeg

It’s going to be quite a crowd. How you doing Banjo?
F462DEBA-9520-4A74-8D59-42EF7AD70E7B.jpeg

Awww Banjo! You look like a Purrfect Princess for Froggie ! Good choice!!
7F7E874C-953A-4139-9A2A-12AE7C030A7B.jpeg

The funny thing is, I put the bow on her but she did the rest herself! :lol:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for a smile post!
How do you dress to impress? Especially if you want to impress your Frog Prince. Banjo thinks she knows. She’s been invited to a royal Froggie party.

I think that common sense tells me that I should wear something pretty, green and with a bit of sparkle.
View attachment 375340
A bow perhaps?
View attachment 375341
Does it look okay hooman? I don’t usually do the girly stuff.
View attachment 375342
Can you see it from the front?
View attachment 375343
How does it look in back?
View attachment 375344
I’m not sure it’s enough for a Prince.
View attachment 375345
Maybe....
View attachment 375346
I can work on this...
View attachment 375347
And get it just right.
View attachment 375348
Then get it to fit....
View attachment 375349
And now I have frog colors!
View attachment 375350
I think the frogs will notice.
View attachment 375351
Is it fancy enough?
View attachment 375352
Froggie!!!
View attachment 375353
It looks like the frogs are gathering for the party.
View attachment 375354
It’s going to be quite a crowd. How you doing Banjo?
View attachment 375355
Awww Banjo! You look like a Purrfect Princess for Froggie ! Good choice!!View attachment 375356
The funny thing is, I put the bow on her but she did the rest herself! :lol:
❤ You look very elegant for your Froggie Prince 👑🐸 I bet you were the belle of the ball!🥂🌻

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissy is so precious. I don’t know about the splayed feet. They are still pretty young so maybe she hasn’t gotten her strength yet. Is she pushing up with any of her legs? The legs kind of quiver as the first start using them. You can help her developer strength by lifting her hind quarters to see if she can get her legs under her just a bit more. Her weight can keep her kind of flattened out before she really starts walking. Are the others doing the same thing?
So far it is only Hissy who is doing some short rounds in the living room. The others pretty much sleep most of the time and when awake, they do not leave the crate. It is only this fierce rascal doing the rounds. LOL. I will keep observing and noting your advices.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 BJ loves his hat! ;) Banjo always sees rainbows. I love the squirrel videos. So adorable!
That is a very large Tulip Magnolia! Wow. No wonder Gypsy likes that tree. Beautiful and a Purrfect climbing tree! Go Gypsy! Lol

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Hissy is so precious. I don’t know about the splayed feet. They are still pretty young so maybe she hasn’t gotten her strength yet. Is she pushing up with any of her legs? The legs kind of quiver as the first start using them. You can help her developer strength by lifting her hind quarters to see if she can get her legs under her just a bit more. Her weight can keep her kind of flattened out before she really starts walking. Are the others doing the same thing?
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 A “knuckle sandwich”! Lol
Not a single paw print that I can say is hers. I saw my neighbors tripod kitty four times today. He is taking full advantage of the special dishes distributed around. Just after dark I went to replace what Tripod had enjoyed. It was in the same place where I first spotted Kelly ( the Gingerbread kittens’ mom cat). I must have been going pretty quietly through the leaves because I got close before hearing a cat run. Run being the key word here. Tripod does more of a scramble, hop. I know the sound a possum or raccoon makes and it wasn’t either of those but it could have been that orange floof that visited. It was too dark and the underbrush to heavy for me to see anything. No eyes reflected by a light. I called but I don’t expect her to come to my call if startled. Maybe not to a call at all but if I get a single glimpse, then I know she is still out there and I can set traps and wait. I’ll put carriers out too. Spend the night out there if necessary. It’s the same area where I camped out with BJ. Hope continues.

M maggiedemi I had to laugh. I don’t know about hunting guys by scent. Can’t say that I have experience with that method. Lololol Maybe BJ could better advise on that. You could have him help!
Lovely idea about the chain of hands

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Neither if you are alone. Yes! Hang in there and as maggiedemi said, maybe answers come that are even better than we hope for.

I have four cameras placed strategically to watch for Thrasher. N NY cat man Maybe you can give me a clue on this. I keep getting a rhythmic sound over the cameras in the greenhouse. It’s almost like a pulse count of fourteen and then nothing. Then repeat. It doesn’t happen all the time. Nights and mornings only. Is this possibly electrical current fluctuating? Wondering if there is a bad outlet. My cameras have a sound intensity sensor. It has a bar of lights. Sometimes I get full bars sometimes less. Nothing else is plugged in or running. At first I thought it was something scratching on the ground in there but it isn’t that as far as I can tell because I have searched and find no creatures. UNLESS I have a frog heartbeat on the back of a camera. Lol I didn’t think to look for a frog on the camera.🤔
From the way you describe it, I don't think that you have electrical problems, but I could be wrong. Is it possible that your cameras are picking up bird calls? Around here, the birds are noisiest around dawn and dusk, but I'm not familiar with those in your area. Do your cameras record actual sounds, or just that there was a sound of some sort present?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Banjo, you are always impeccably dressed for any occasion in your soft, silky tuxedo! But the touches of green certainly piqued froggies' interest, haven't they?
Hope you can get to the bottom of what's causing that noise, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! Being very sensitive to noise, I'm always kind of concerned by any noise I can't identlfy. When I first got my FIOS I was startled by the noise the pulses of light make as they go through the fiber optics, so I looked it up and sure enough, that's what they do! It's a very soft little noise, and I cant describe it, but it's very weird until you know what it is. *Even then, it's very weird.*:insertevillaugh:
NEVER, EVER, give up on a cat. We've all heard stories of cats reunited with their families after long periods of time. I'll never give up on Thrasher. And I'm pretty sure you won't, either, Jcatbird Jcatbird !
After our Golden Boy Cat escaped our barn compound, we did all the usual things to try to find him/get him back with us. He didn't show, and I like to believe that such a big, handsome, good, neutered male cat was snagged by someone out there and is being loved and protected to this day. We used to tell one another stories of Golden Boy Cat of the Mojave, ridin' the range, the scourge of wood rats and wild mice for miles around.:yess:🐁🐀 *That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.*

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Would BJ agree to wear the harness and walk outside to look for his girl?

BJ. I put the harness on so we can look for Thrasher together.
View attachment 374478
Go outside?!?!?!?
View attachment 374479
She might need to see and smell you BJ.
View attachment 374480
You think that might help?
View attachment 374481
I want her to come back BJ.
View attachment 374482
Me too. I really miss her.
View attachment 374483
Well.....
View attachment 374484
What are you waiting for? Meow! Let’s go!
View attachment 374485
The very first thing is to scratch on the nearest log!
View attachment 374487
Now, let’s follow her scent. She left this way.
View attachment 374488
Amazing! His first time walking on a leash ever! And doing it outside! It’s awesome what can be done when needed. He is still the guardian of each and every colony member. It’s been a very long time since the night he followed me home and came in as a terrified feral. The last colony cat in. Cats are born rescuers. Bj the brave. :redheartpump:
Awww. That is so cute and amazing that he wants to find her!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Banjo loves her green accessories. She decorated herself! Lol I think she felt she was wearing a crown. As she should be. You should have seen the waltz! ;)

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote If Hissy is the first one out then scooting along in not uncommon. They walk on very unsteady legs when they start. She is ahead of the others so she may just be very young to be out already. If you make a very wet mush out of some wet kitten food, she may try to suckle some up. Of course, she’ll be IN the dish up to her chin. If she does that keep watch that she doesn’t get food up her nose. Wiping her down can be assisted by mom cat. She may be too young to be interested yet but when she starts, I bet she growls and puts her front paws out to guard her treasure. Lol

N NY cat man This is actual sound coming through. I keep thinking it sounds like something scratching on something inside the greenhouse. I can’t find anything though. It’s scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch and silence for about the same time and repeat. At first I was frantic thinking it was a cat. It’s just so very persistent. I even lifted the greenhouse cover to look. Nothing.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I will never give up. It took a year to find one of these cats. Thrasher also vanished at times when injured outside. She returned each time though. It took a very long time to do her rescue but she has been a very happy couch potato ever since. She even helped to babysit other kittens here. She snuggles with me every night. I won’t give up. I love the stories of Golden Boy riding the range. Probably still rounding up those varmints!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Banjo loves her green accessories. She decorated herself! Lol I think she felt she was wearing a crown. As she should be. You should have seen the waltz! ;)

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote If Hissy is the first one out then scooting along in not uncommon. They walk on very unsteady legs when they start. She is ahead of the others so she may just be very young to be out already. If you make a very wet mush out of some wet kitten food, she may try to suckle some up. Of course, she’ll be IN the dish up to her chin. If she does that keep watch that she doesn’t get food up her nose. Wiping her down can be assisted by mom cat. She may be too young to be interested yet but when she starts, I bet she growls and puts her front paws out to guard her treasure. Lol

N NY cat man This is actual sound coming through. I keep thinking it sounds like something scratching on something inside the greenhouse. I can’t find anything though. It’s scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch, scratch and silence for about the same time and repeat. At first I was frantic thinking it was a cat. It’s just so very persistent. I even lifted the greenhouse cover to look. Nothing.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I will never give up. It took a year to find one of these cats. Thrasher also vanished at times when injured outside. She returned each time though. It took a very long time to do her rescue but she has been a very happy couch potato ever since. She even helped to babysit other kittens here. She snuggles with me every night. I won’t give up. I love the stories of Golden Boy riding the range. Probably still rounding up those varmints!
I must admit that I'm stumped. The fact that it seems to be both repetitive and regular would tend to rule out anything animal, unless one of your armadillos is nearby digging for food. Are your cameras capable of wireless remote monitoring? If so, you may be getting radio interference from some source nearby.

alphakitty

Beeqie - Sly Kitty - 2017
Young Cat
Purraise
I am on a limited income but have managed to rescue and rehome 32 cats...
. <deletia>>
Do not listen to negative comments. You are doing the right thing. If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. I rarely have time to post but wanted to reply to all of you. Keep your chin up.
Keep up the good work, God looks kindly on those who care for the little ones.

To date, I've TNR'd something around 250 kitties, all feral. Unfortunately, only a small number of those have I been able to socialize well enough to enable them to becoming 'pets'. 'Experts' say its not possible, but it is, as I have socialized a few fully adult feral kitties, but it takes a lot of work and consistency. Kitties can change their 'flash-programming', but I tend to believe that its got more to do with the mental attitude of the kittie than anything that anyone may do.

Sincerely - Alpha_Kitty

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

NEVER give up. I know you won't. Nice to know at least one neighbor has a cat, even if I take a very dim view of letting cats outside except in catios/secured compounds/on cat harness & leash with responsible and caring human on other end. Possibly Thrasher is being pamPURRed close by? She is a lovely girl.
If I didn't know better, I'd think that was a fiber-optics sound as that's the closest description I'd have to the sound of that. But no. Very mysterious!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep up the good work, God looks kindly on those who care for the little ones.

To date, I've TNR'd something around 250 kitties, all feral. Unfortunately, only a small number of those have I been able to socialize well enough to enable them to becoming 'pets'. 'Experts' say its not possible, but it is, as I have socialized a few fully adult feral kitties, but it takes a lot of work and consistency. Kitties can change their 'flash-programming', but I tend to believe that its got more to do with the mental attitude of the kittie than anything that anyone may do.

Sincerely - Alpha_Kitty
THANK YOU for your service to the cats we love, HERO!

Status
Not open for further replies.