My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Lady was a feral. I had spotted her but she was not on my land so I worked first on getting the ones here. Then I worked to bring her closer but before I could she vanished! I knew she had babies too! She had been going under a neighbors house and they hated cats! He had entombed them under the house when he closed off their entrance. After I realized the situation I alerted him to the problem. We debated the issue, argued about their location under the house and , finally, I demanded he remove the wall or I would! He did but swore the cat was not there. She emerged with the kittens immediately. I was able to get them then and brought them here. They were hungry and thirsty but okay. To this day, if I have Lady on the harness outside and she spots any of that family, she runs for my door. That neighbor no longer hates cats. They have learned how much the ferals had protected their land from rodents and snakes. They actually approached me to say they miss having the colony. I don’t think they’ll have a kitty as family but they won’t chase any cat away now.

N NY cat man ouch is right! Our devices hold so much info these days but repairs are tough!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To everyone in the path of this new storm, stay safe and our thoughts hope and prayers are with you! To our friends who are absent right now, we miss you and hope all is well! You are always in our thoughts and hearts. Banjo counts the days. :bicolorcat:

Funny that rubysmama rubysmama asked about Lady. Today was our last day of sunshine for now. I don’t know how long the water will last since the land is still very full and the state has not shown up to do the work needed to repair the culverts!
I took Lady out for a long session of sun and playtime. The neighbors were out too so, the leash is on today.

My favorite scratching root is out! Meyay!
19D52649-BDC2-4BEE-8AC4-B9036F2336D6.jpeg

Hey! The leash is on!
290F2BEA-E493-45A5-9972-77F4333C5318.jpeg

Aiiiii! I hear and smell the neighbors! Mom! They shut me up in the dark! Stay with me mom!
AD3C947C-9B76-45AE-A591-03C1F09B9EFC.jpeg

I’m here Lady. Don’t worry about them. You trust me don’t you?
554E01AF-15D0-473E-A54D-D9B4DEBADEA7.jpeg

I trust you mom.
0E606DCA-E014-4645-9ABF-035112D469EB.jpeg

Let’s play chase the stick Lady! Get it!
E78CE98C-7A92-41FD-B91B-E25076525C2B.jpeg

That’s a fast stick mom!
EEE9EB62-3962-4E68-A697-BBD35991C735.jpeg

Where do it go?
2F6B8E33-5444-4831-B399-C6B0FC802CE5.jpeg

Ha! I caught the stick! Gotcha stick monster!
4D3066B8-9771-45AC-9DBF-576858D47883.jpeg

I can’t decide. Do I relax in the grass or roll in the sun?
B531555B-9C70-441E-8C7B-99BDDADA70ED.jpeg

Time to walk.
6DE7D6A2-9CE7-4F36-8763-4A510247F7E0.jpeg

I’ve got the leash. I’ll walk myself!
04C39D36-0396-4629-BF0E-B71C732E834D.jpeg

Mom!
C02DF669-4C94-41DB-BF63-35EBB59346A6.jpeg

You let me walk myself! Lolololol
174B2275-C351-4DBF-83C2-257661444FCA.jpeg

I like this grass. It tastes nice and fresh.
FEE21CFE-A885-4B32-BE49-0BCD2C6AA3DB.jpeg

You can carry me now mom.
AEAE7B09-B5FE-4A6A-A207-BDA89266DDF6.jpeg

Your hair kind of matches me mom! Other cats have told me that we start to look like our furmily. I think that’s true.
802A6F98-0CF1-42FB-B983-34D4FFCA21A3.jpeg

How would I look with curls mom?
E0E7231B-5E2F-41B4-8E0C-1327E2ED8369.jpeg

I love you just like you are right now Lady!
270E20EB-0079-410E-89D2-EE5C94907DB1.jpeg

If it’s going to be under water again, one last scratch on my cat root before we go inside.
0409E5B9-C5B0-4C84-826A-DB4FB3F15A61.jpeg

Why does Lady like that root? A Whistle prefers a soft sofa! :doh: (Very true!)
DA5C29A3-21B9-4744-ACCE-E4CBC182F6EB.jpeg

Hey, look Kodiak! That’s the Sarah rose.
5E40D6B3-36CE-49B4-BD3F-7EB9B48AE3CA.jpeg

Awwww! It really is pretty BJ. Did you know Sarah?
C22155BE-E05D-4560-872D-67F4E128B951.jpeg

No but the other cats told me all about her. She always loved them with an open heart and open hands. Sending you ten little rose!
A8264BA8-155D-4422-A2D7-8EC5255CD7BE.jpeg

Open and with the promise of more to come!
C6DA4F60-DA07-4791-B7C5-1D658BAF4290.jpeg

Hoping for a great night to all. Sending love and purrs for safety. :heartshape::grouphug2::purr:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Yikes! Terrible news but if they can , at least, save your photos! It might be more cost effective to transfer to another laptop! I don’t know. Hoping for a lower estimate and easier fix! :vibes::alright:
Decided to carry on with the repairs. They are replacing the screen which has conked out 🤪

Anyway, all electronic stores are closed due to the Covid-19 restriction lockdown. So I cannot buy a new one as yet and make do with the replacement.

So they are not touching anything except for the screen and all my data will still be intact 🤗

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Decided to carry on with the repairs. They are replacing the screen which has conked out 🤪

Anyway, all electronic stores are closed due to the Covid-19 restriction lockdown. So I cannot buy a new one as yet and make do with the replacement.

So they are not touching anything except for the screen and all my data will still be intact 🤗
That's good to hear. When our first computer died, we lost everything- but, of course, that was a long time ago.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That's good to hear. When our first computer died, we lost everything- but, of course, that was a long time ago.
Before I got this laptop, my iMac hit the wall and my most recent travel photos are all in the drive and I cannot transfer them out as there is no access to the drive unless you pry open the screen and to retrieve the photos, it’s gonna cost me so I decided not to do anything.
Good thing I managed to transfer some photos to my phone.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Lady was a feral. I had spotted her but she was not on my land so I worked first on getting the ones here. Then I worked to bring her closer but before I could she vanished! I knew she had babies too! She had been going under a neighbors house and they hated cats! He had entombed them under the house when he closed off their entrance. After I realized the situation I alerted him to the problem. We debated the issue, argued about their location under the house and , finally, I demanded he remove the wall or I would! He did but swore the cat was not there. She emerged with the kittens immediately. I was able to get them then and brought them here. They were hungry and thirsty but okay. To this day, if I have Lady on the harness outside and she spots any of that family, she runs for my door. That neighbor no longer hates cats. They have learned how much the ferals had protected their land from rodents and snakes. They actually approached me to say they miss having the colony. I don’t think they’ll have a kitty as family but they won’t chase any cat away now.
I remember you telling us that story before, and about how you saved them. But I'd forgotten it was Lady. Poor little mama. She was so lucky super-rescue-woman Jcatbird Jcatbird was persistent and wouldn't give up till they were safe.:hearthrob:

That's wonderful that the neighbour no longer hates cats. Everyone would love cats, I think, if they just gave them a chance.:catlove:

Stay safe and dry over the next days, you 2 beautiful ladies with the matching hair, er fur, er maybe haur. :catman:
And of course the rest of the clowder, stay safe, too. :catrub:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all need to go to this thread. Besides the smile from Chotu, his highness, you must go to the link posted by tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
One of the most enlightening and funny videos ever! Multiplied by a Clowder..... no wonder I dream of cat paws and tails!
Tough Time Dealing With Chotu The Stray

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I really did! Sooo funny! It made me think of some of my Kodiak moments. Bonjure and others too. Mackie prefers to prevent sleeping so is more active right at bedtime. Paw in nose, nibble your chin kind of thing.
My beloved cats are very kind to me at night. I hope to be as kind to them because I get up during the night and don't want to disturb them, but in the winter time when they get really close to me, it's difficult! Some mornings, Tarifa likes to nibble on my hair. That gets me up and taking notice.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! I caught the stick! Gotcha stick monster!
Hee hee. Stick monster. :lol: It was fun watching the Lady show. She's such a little angel. :angelcat:

You can carry me now mom.
Does Lady actually ask to be picked up? The only time Maggie asks to be picked up is during a storm or if she's scared of a stranger.

She always loved them with an open heart and open hands.
Hmmmm. Maybe Sarah's trying to teach us something? ;)

Open and with the promise of more to come!
I like the sound of this, possibly a metaphor? 🌹🌼🌻

Some mornings, Tarifa likes to nibble on my hair.
Nice to see you back! Demi has been sleeping all day and climbing all over me at night when I'm trying to sleep. Tap, tap, tap on my shoulder and boo hoo hoo in my face. :rolleyes3:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I’m glad you’ll get your laptop back! No lost photos this time? Wonderful! That was always my greatest sorrow when a computer crashed.
Knowing that the IMac still has the photos is better than no hope. Perhaps you can get those in the future. Very good you transferred some!

N NY cat man I lost a computer too. Everything on it as well. Including precious photos of Sarah. It makes me wish I could print out everything. Technology! + and-

rubysmama rubysmama
Poor Lady! Perhaps that is why she wants mom with her on every walk outside. She won’t be closed in by anyone. I would have taken that place apart as soon as the neighbor turned his back! Lol He knew that. I would never have given up on Lady. Every Life is precious.
I thought it was funny that the sunlight caught us with matching haur.
We are staying as safe as possible. The Clowder guards me. ;) Bj has a fit when I leave the house. Even to go in the yard. After my walk today he insisted upon being picked up and he put his paws around my neck the way Bonjure does. He wouldn’t let go and was purring his approval. My guardian.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 It is nice to have you here! That link made me laugh and laugh! I love that the kitty was so attentive to his human! He kept paying with him as he slept!
Your kitties are kind? They appreciate you! Mine are kind too but Mackie has a strong sense of humor. He’s a face patter! He also likes to tell me when it’s time to sleep by removing my glasses. We all know the cats are in charge here! I kind of have to make the rounds here. Some nights in one room, some in another. Musical beds!

M maggiedemi Lady was very cute with the stick. She pounced on it and chased it. She has the sweetest expressions. She does ask to be picked up if we are outside. She looks up and meows. She also meows when she doesn’t see me or heaas a noise she doesn’t like. Mom! When she’s ready to come inside she goes to the door to be lifted up because she likes to open the door latch herself. Although she likes the garden, she also like to be a princess and be carried around the garden. She is very good about making her wishes known! It sounds like Maggie has the same ideas!

I’m sure Sarah would tell us all to love with open heart and extend a hand to all who need one. She was a very loving person and I’m sure that if she could teach us something, it would be to give kindness, love and happiness whenever possible. I think of her with every smile or laugh and with every purr. She certainly taught me more than I can possibly express. I think her messages continue like the ripples in a quiet pool. Let’s hope they spread that way. That way, there’s is always more to come.

Demi does the night time tap dance? Very talented! :lol::gingercat:

The Sarah rose if fully open and her face is turned to take in the sun. Her petals are poised to protect each butterfly that comes to
drink in her beauty.
B2664D37-AF89-492A-B212-E41DEF51B60B.jpeg

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I’m glad you’ll get your laptop back! No lost photos this time? Wonderful! That was always my greatest sorrow when a computer crashed.
Knowing that the IMac still has the photos is better than no hope. Perhaps you can get those in the future. Very good you transferred some!
Yes, the technician called and said it’s only my screen that’s knocked out so they’ll be replacing the screen and won’t touch anything else as they tested my laptop and said all systems are working very well except for the screen.

I can’t open up the iMac as it is too troublesome and therefore I cannot remove the HDD else I can retrieve all my photos.

My laptop keep reminding to do my backups and I keep delaying and the screen knocked out and I can’t do anything but good thing no data is breached.

I do manual backups of all my files and also Apple have the time machine backup which can bring you back to the last saved work but due to my procrastination, I prolonged these two tasks and wham, laptop down and I can’t do anything.

I’ll obediently and religiously do my backups from now on once my laptop comes home 😸

That’s a beautiful shot of the rose 😻

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I’m glad your laptop didn’t crash. I think you might consider looking at computers as tech cats! We are their slaves and we must obey when they want backup! :lol: My cats do a bit of crashing around when I don’t obey!

Of course I went into the garden today with Lady. The rain is supposed to be hard tonight along with the winds. The strong gust kept everything moving. Branches were popping and the old trees were creaking! I moved the van again but this time I am hoping water and the trees won’t hit it.

More roses are opening each day!
257DF405-6A3A-406B-A9BC-CA0309A1D9D8.jpeg

The wind was blowing to much to get a good shot of this little flower but I wanted to show it anyway. It’s a wild orchid that often appears on lawns but goes untecognized. Spiranthes is known as Lady teresses!
33120547-A8A9-4A50-A936-2622CF77600E.jpeg

I like these colors! Nature paints our world.
FF0EB5D3-960B-4AED-94A8-F6A9CB8E5EE2.jpeg

The meadow area in front of the swamp is filled with life!
885F3B5D-72AA-49AC-92CB-A58066EC8049.jpeg

The front screen door is filled with Banjo!!
6531546C-D34E-4E57-9C7A-C0340B5AD4FB.jpeg

I’ve been calling you!
A8DE8D28-58D4-4C8A-9716-CA2E14EAF358.jpeg

Making me wait before you answer?
1AC99500-14A6-4D60-8AE0-7B15955C37CF.jpeg

Calling again!
6C35C360-2C8D-4226-B62E-CB85A8B23FCE.jpeg

I expect an answer when I call!
9E4BB9CB-6865-42D1-986B-9178372C8D82.jpeg

I know mom went out this way. I can smel her scent!
7C90BE68-AFC1-463B-A0ED-6CA0B7BAC482.jpeg

I can hear her out there!
C953C328-ED21-40BB-A4C6-FB0ED7A35B65.jpeg

If I lick my nose I think I can taste her scent!
A55ABD62-C162-4DDB-A2A2-25A652095216.jpeg

Mom?
6C069CFD-8FE1-4E62-9D90-6058916BB7C8.jpeg

If I run against the screen, maybe she’ll pick up my scent.
1D694355-E426-4DC2-9879-EA82BD553C4D.jpeg

What do you think Bonjure?
8AEF7D84-406F-4460-8C77-BE52760FFB64.jpeg

Why don’t you try calling her?
AE4CE701-C6D1-4882-B1A9-37749044F645.jpeg

Wait! I forgot that she’s not taking visitors. The sign on the screen door tells humans to knock before leaving packages. She does something similar with the phone.
41B858F3-C852-4E79-BFF9-6A87DCAC1588.jpeg

Is this what it means to “screen calls?
6C5E7952-5295-4A9A-B8AF-5AEC6BD6CBC7.jpeg

I thought we had called ID!
Mom! It’s Banjo and Bonjure!
She’ll answer now Bonnie.
4ABBDE35-B589-41B3-ACAC-FADFEF093094.jpeg

:flail:I always recognize the call of a Banjo. No ID needed on any of the Clowder.

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Back again! My computer was INFESTED with malware (I typed "maleware" twice before I got it right, which is a whole separate issue)! Thankfully, Spawn 1 is a tech person (tech supervisor, actually). He insisted that I install Team Viewer when he bought me this computer, so he could access it remotely and undo anything I did in my ignorance and other such things. I'd have been back sooner, but work calls are running him ragged right now. He says that the phone rings every 3 minutes with "HELP! My conference call starts in 20 minutes, and (insert name of conferencing platform here) program won't load!" This drastic uptake in work-from-home is going to either kill him or make him rich!
I was just scanning the pictures, saw TabbyTom mention something about a laptop, backed up to find more details, then remembered he lives in Singapore, OH well can't help with that. Then just happened across your note here and my alarms went off. What I mean is that I am a computer tech, been doing it for many years. I custom built gaming systems, and was the IT person for a school district and for something like 15 years was the "computer guy" for the county library which included all three of it's branches. So I know this stuff. I deal with Malware all the time. What worries me is the team viewer and remote access that you allowed to your computer. This is what the tech scammers do and I hope you haven't fallen victim to them. They do things like have you look at the processes that run on your computer and then tell you that the problem is all the ones that are stopped, (it's a lie, many things don't run until they are needed.) Then they charge you huge amounts for bogus software and most of the time the actual problem origionates with them and the scripts they sneak into web sites. They are the ones breaking things and then charging you to fix them. There are programs you can get that are free that can fix most of the malware problems. Let me know and I can direct you towards them if it is needed. Never ever let someone remote access into your computer. Some of them will do what is called syskeying, which is setting a system password that will lock you out and then they will make you pay them to unlock it. If you want I can send you some youtube videos on how these guys work. Like I said, you set off some of my alarms.

And by the way there are several companies that can retrieve data from "dead" hard drives. So all is not lost even if it acts dead. They are sometimes a little pricy though. They often do data recovery for companies that have been devastated by storms and had their offices underwater like what happens in a hurricane.

Last edited:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was just scanning the pictures, saw TabbyTom mention something about a laptop, backed up to find more details, then remembered he lives in Singapore, OH well can't help with that. Then just happened across your note here and my alarms went off. What I mean is that I am a computer tech, been doing it for many years.
You are late! 😾 What took you so long?🙀.......................................😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
vyger vyger TYSM and you're absolutely right. I had techs pull from my hard drive several systems ago and it was well worth the fee to save my precious photos. And yeah on all of the above. When you get a new system, the first thing you should do when you power up is go through and get rid of all the bloatware -- and there will be a lot of it! -- and then yes, install malwarebites or other software. And always, always, always back up! I have my system set up to back up automatically. As for photos, everyone can download google photos and if you go with the small format, you get unlimited free storage. I do that plus I have accounts with snapfish and shutterfly and I always store everything on those. PLUS I put a copy of everything on my big HDD. Because you can't replace those cherished photos. Don't delay. Because you never know.
M maggiedemi Thank you! Nice to be back. I haven't really been gone, just really, really overworked and busy. Amazing hearing about all these people with nothing to do. It was like that for me once, back around 1927 :flail:
Jcatbird Jcatbird Absolutely gorgeous scenes! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I especially love the red roses. *How could anyone "ignore" those beautiful orchids?!!* And of course I always love the beloved cats of Chez Catbird!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.