My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You have a whole collection of reptile shots? I’d love to see them but that might truly kill the thread. :lol: I think lizards are okay but not snakes. I find beauty in all but not everyone shares that interest. I once posted a snake. Eeeeek! Never again!;)
Actually not so Reptile but it was in my Lizard Collection instead of Reptile Collection but Lizards are reptiles too :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Oh but when yours bloom! A rich rose color? Now I am envious. I’ve always loved phlox. I once found some woodland phlox that were light blue! Beautiful flowers and sweetly scented. I love how phlox tend to spread into great colonies. If you get seeds, you can help them spread too.

tabbytom tabbytom When I was a child my Dad encouraged my interest in reptiles by giving me flashcards with pictures of different reptiles on the front and the names along with descriptions and facts on the back. I loved reading about them. My mother wasn’t exactly thrilled. Lol All creatures great and small had my attention. She also allowed me to rescue an iguana. I dearly loved him. I have pictures! Lol

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
When I was a child my Dad encouraged my interest in reptiles by giving me flashcards with pictures of different reptiles on the front and the names along with descriptions and facts on the back. I loved reading about them. My mother wasn’t exactly thrilled. Lol All creatures great and small had my attention. She also allowed me to rescue an iguana. I dearly loved him. I have pictures! Lol
Your dad must have ingrained in you since young so now you still have a liking for them.

My lizards collections are mainly Monitor Lizards and smaller lizards that resembles the Chameleon as we don't have the species here.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The rain didn’t come here today! Yay!

We hadn’t seen Froggie and Banjo was on the look out for him.
96CA7C10-9D6D-4D72-B201-87027158CDC9.jpeg

Tonight she got that , He’s coming, look!
85C2C2F8-1A3B-4DF8-ADAF-8E7796ED006D.jpeg

She had her ears back when he showed up.
Ear itated? Lol
826CFB8B-F205-4D83-8938-69B89D0BB17D.jpeg

Maybe just worried.
0FE70448-5759-49A0-B86B-FEE81A281168.jpeg

Honestly, I was too after the other night.
DE502C15-4048-40C1-8BB0-5D2ECEEEDB02.jpeg

Banjo had a lot to say to him when he arrived.
D7DCD6CA-7160-477A-81D4-FA2EDA518FCD.jpeg

Then she settled down and looked happy to see him again.
67184F8C-49F9-4F4F-982E-5584AB6DF506.jpeg

She held her paw beside him for a long time.
She really loves her Prince.
EA1C1A66-850C-4DFB-B970-CD7FF4C4E4CF.jpeg

Lady got to enjoy her favorite tree root/scratching post this afternoon and she took a leisurely walk along the Great Wall of Confederate Jasmine. It’s about six feet Griggs and ten feet long. Solid Jasmine Flowers! Ummmm!
1E1431E8-EFC3-44E2-830F-96AEE0EDC0EA.jpeg

There must be thousands of flowers open now.
7D443835-BB78-4937-AD95-DC60D4048E26.jpeg

Little white stars filled with sweet perfume! When I planted the first little cutting I never imagined it becoming so lush but time has turned the sprout into a waterfall of of greenery and flowers.
EE76FB2C-CF4F-423E-8103-27E94A8B7217.jpeg

Lady likes exploring it enough to endure moist paws! Three on the ground at a time! :flail:
270CC91E-209D-40CE-AC94-BA8353476681.jpeg

It helped that dragonflies and butterflies were flitting all around today. The lady big was still wandering around the cat carrier too. Besides the perfume, bird song filled the air as well. The trees were full of Cardinals and I spotted a couple of doves too. Another kind of magic has arrived. Spring! :kitty:

Have a great night everyone! :lovecat3:🐦🐛🦋🐞:bouquet:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your dad must have ingrained in you since young so now you still have a liking for them.

My lizards collections are mainly Monitor Lizards and smaller lizards that resembles the Chameleon as we don't have the species here.
I think most of my family found it pleasing that I loved all creatures. Sometimes amusing and sometimes NOT! Lol Like the time (age five) that I misplaced a snake in my bedroom. Mother had a friend who refused to enter the house until I located him. I did so very quickly! I was very fortunate to be allowed to pursue my love of nature, especially after that! My brother recently rescued a bearded dragon that he found in the city. She would have perished if he hadn’t found her as it gets very cold where he lives. It’s his first reptile but he dearly loves her. He takes great pains to provide her with the proper diet and environment. His wife has grown to love her too. Thank goodness! :lol:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Oh but when yours bloom! A rich rose color? Now I am envious. I’ve always loved phlox. I once found some woodland phlox that were light blue! Beautiful flowers and sweetly scented. I love how phlox tend to spread into great colonies. If you get seeds, you can help them spread too.

tabbytom tabbytom When I was a child my Dad encouraged my interest in reptiles by giving me flashcards with pictures of different reptiles on the front and the names along with descriptions and facts on the back. I loved reading about them. My mother wasn’t exactly thrilled. Lol All creatures great and small had my attention. She also allowed me to rescue an iguana. I dearly loved him. I have pictures! Lol
Actually, I did save a bunch of seeds from last year, but it's been too cold to plant them, and there's no place indoors that's safe from our crew. Trust me on that.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man I do trust you on that! :lol: Pots, dirt and seeds everywhere! Fun time! Perhaps the ground will warm up in time to plant them. Hoping for you! If the soil gets warm then a clear plastic sheet can serve to warm it up more and protect the seedlings. Mini greenhouse effect?
So the name Prancer totally fits! I love watching how every kitty has their own little purrsonality traits!

rubysmama rubysmama Isn’t that bird gorgeous? I love watching them sail through the air! As long as I can remember I have watched bird flight and wished I could glide above like that. It must feel amazing! Imagine the view! This is probably a bit high for a Kite but you get the idea! Lol
0FA993F3-2A76-4120-832A-B9343D0DC154.jpeg

M maggiedemi You know that if I tell Lady you said she walks like a Princess, she’s gonna make me curtsy at every meal and say, “ Yes your highness! Your wish is my command.” I border on that now. :lol: She insists on being carried around the yard most days! Lol I live to serve. I just can't resist that face!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear. We are island again. My neighbor piled yard debris up and dammed the runoff pond! I just asked them to reopen the drainage the other day but they didn’t do it yet. I bet they will soon! Lol The rain and winds will continue. This week I was supposed to help the family of the friend I lost but unless I go by boat, not happening. I wish I could get pictures! Nothing but water as far as I can see right now. I moved the van to higher ground yesterday. Very glad I did. The kitties are all inside their carriers and cages. I didn’t put them there but they feel secure there. All except for Banjo and BJ. They are staying close to me. I hope the power stays on but if I don’t come on site, that’s why. I’ll be here if the power is on.

I got a great phone call today! A friend I haven’t heard from in five years! He and his wife are in their eighties and we met during my days in the orchid business. They adored Sarah and we spent a lot of time together whenever I could get to Florida or they could get here. They were support for me when Sarah passed. As health issues started for the wife, visits became difficult. Calling often caught them at a bad time so we gradually lost touch. I have missed them and often wondered about them. Every time I saw bad weather in their area, I worried. I recognized his voice immediately. He just called to check on me. He and his wife wanted to let me know how much they had enjoyed our friendship! Sweetest phone call ever! He wants to put some of his orchids into the hands of someone who loves them. It’s become hard for him to take care of them. Some had originally come from here. He didn’t know about any of the things that have transpired here over the past years. I updated him about my orchids and the kitties. They have two kitties there. He updated me on their lives. Their daughter now lives next door to them so that was a relief to me. It was a very touching phone call. They have now been married for 54 years! :redheartpump: Sending great love and congratulations to Lynn and Jan! May we talk more often now! I told them about TCS. I hope they drop in!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone need to relax? A friend and member of TCS has offered free yoga and relaxation to us! I have watched one of her previous videos and it was very beautiful and relaxing! She has provided a link on her thread. If you’ve never met Chotu the stray, you really need to visit the thread. Psybug Psybug did an amazing job socializing Chotu and then traveling by plane with him for 20 hours to their new home in Canada. It was quite an adventure story. Chotu is in a happy place and has doggie family as well as his human parents. The photos show this beautiful Ginger and his catio as well as snuggling with his doggies. Happy endings always warm our hearts and this one does a great job of that.
Here’s the link to the thread. Tough Time Dealing With Chotu The Stray

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My signal is very weak right now but I have some smiles! Jewely Jewely I hope the pictures don’t blink out on you again. Give them time to load and scroll slowly. I’m so sorry you have been having trouble since things were updated. I kept them a little dark in the hopes that things won’t flash brightly. Let me know if things don’t improve. Sending purrs!

Dark and rainy today! Banjo has stayed glued to Mom. Sleeping! Lol

I don’t want to get up! I was having a great dream about Froggie!
9C3079D9-8627-4B89-9287-7D1522EEB318.jpeg

Come on Banjo. My leg is asleep!
84D7E6D8-3D30-4B4C-B4E8-FB21B98FAF47.jpeg

Well, all of me was asleep!
B8C217FA-EA6C-40AC-993A-D45B4F42CB9D.jpeg

Sit there and watch TV.
47449DC9-5F78-4300-8B35-0A7587F75759.jpeg

Oh. Birds are on.
DE96A5E2-0A14-474F-881C-9859CF5BEE21.jpeg

Stay and watch with me.
04A18EBF-04AB-4463-AF82-614F4D1A0A37.jpeg

Unless you want to get me a treat!
E203878E-9CB1-4BC6-B049-4EAFD10E0D07.jpeg

Treats and a good movie could be nice.
FFB076BF-077E-42B2-AB64-DBEAC134A2BD.jpeg

That’s not a good movie.
B9F6708F-2309-4861-BF20-9C537EFC1F85.jpeg

It’s boring....
BA149DA9-5203-423B-A728-81DF01BD8E61.jpeg

Look mom. I’m sooooo sleepy!
0E922122-23BF-41D0-8009-34C5252FA820.jpeg

Purring means i’m content. Don’t move.
7A6B734D-04D4-4856-B162-74043091CEA1.jpeg

Banjo. Banjo? Lol Give me my hand. I’m going for some supper.
7ABDE442-4D87-48E5-9B17-9E4765941735.jpeg

What Cha got mom?
BF290E5E-064D-4103-B020-C67958831514.jpeg

Hmmmm.
702E6A96-7067-4209-B1A6-243145A88645.jpeg

You fixed that for me? Chicken and rice?
63292B74-B649-415D-BE57-8239D5FD6FB9.jpeg

You made a big mistake mom! It’s got orange marmalade in it! I can’t eat that.
C43EF0D4-B413-48CD-B0EF-16C40719433B.jpeg

I’m so tired because I need chicken and rice. I’ll wait while you go fix some the right way. Can you hurry? I feel a little faint.
0CE9F3EC-AFEF-488D-A448-52BC994B7F8B.jpeg

Heh! Now I know how to eat a meal without paws in it. Add marmalade!
Don’t feel bad for Banjo though. I fixed a little without marmalade too. Kitties teats for everyone! :):bicolorcat:
Out of respect for Jewely Jewely No moving emojis tonight.
Still sending :) and hoping everyone has a great night.❤

Psybug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone need to relax? A friend and member of TCS has offered free yoga and relaxation to us! I have watched one of her previous videos and it was very beautiful and relaxing! She has provided a link on her thread. If you’ve never met Chotu the stray, you really need to visit the thread. Psybug Psybug did an amazing job socializing Chotu and then traveling by plane with him for 20 hours to their new home in Canada. It was quite an adventure story. Chotu is in a happy place and has doggie family as well as his human parents. The photos show this beautiful Ginger and his catio as well as snuggling with his doggies. Happy endings always warm our hearts and this one does a great job of that.
Here’s the link to the thread. Tough Time Dealing With Chotu The Stray
Thank you for sharing....

Join me every weekend at 12 Noon (EST) for FREE Yoga & Meditation via facebook.com/priyankadevigupta76
(we dont need to be connected as i stream publicly, however feel free to send me a friend request if you are not able to view it and i will be more than happy to add you my personal facebook account as i only do yoga realated things on it,,,)

Subscribe to YouTube & access at your convenience for FREE yoga with priyanka devi gupta

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She insists on being carried around the yard most days!
That's as it should be. She's a royal princess. 😻

He just called to check on me. He and his wife wanted to let me know how much they had enjoyed our friendship! Sweetest phone call ever!
Heartwarming chats with people we loved in the past is always an amazing feeling, isn't it. Hopefully the connection will remain. ;)

Kitties teats for everyone!
Hee hee. I love your typo mistakes. They are always racy. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Psybug Psybug It was an honor to share that. Your help for others is greatly appreciated! :heartshape:

M maggiedemi I was just reading along your post agreeing with all you said and thinking about the warm feeling of being reunited with dear friends and then I hit the last part! :flail:
I hadn’t even noticed that typo( I had to go back to the end of last night’s smile post to find it) but... hilarious! I laughed out loud! Still grinning. Thanks for pointing it out so I could laugh too!

That's as it should be. She's a royal princess. 😻

Heartwarming chats with people we loved in the past is always an amazing feeling, isn't it. Hopefully the connection will remain. ;)

Hee hee. I love your typo mistakes. They are always racy. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.