My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey1987

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live in Colombia! Huge animal rescue scene here. The rescue operation where I got Nala from is tired of my updates these days, "ok Smokey's(nala's) dad, stop spamming my phone with pictures, the obligation of sending pictures is over" hehehehe

I'd love for my cats to meet other cats. One of the reasons I rescued Nala was for smokey to have some feline interaction. He was getting too attached to me.

Thanks for the welcome! I have explored the site. I came here first for some health help and I have a pretty self indulgent thread on the cat health forum here. This is me exploring hehehe

Smokey1987

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20200319_141128.jpg

Heres a picture of both of them on my desk in prime time.

Nala, very cutely, took my hat as her bed (she had ring worm and that bed has officially been decommissioned as a hat)

Smokey has slept there since I can remember. I just can't tell em no. ( I do when I have to see the full screen) they know when I'm not on a conference.

:-)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now, let’s see if I can do a spoiler alert for anyone who doesn’t like caterpillars! I thought this little guy was awesome!
He's a cute caterpillar. 🐛

No spoiler alert here except for rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama :lol:
LOL. Funnily enough despite all their little legs, I like caterpillars. Now those creepy crawler with 8 legs, not so much. :running:

Banjo. I do believe Froggie is going to get a hairball from that one!
Uh, mom, did you have to point that out?
Awww... poor caterpillar. :confused:
And poor Froggie with the possible hairball. 🐸
Oh, and yeah, I'm with Banjo, who would have been happy to remain oblivious to what had actually happened. :bicolorcat:
(though probably I would have figured it out on my own)

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all know about Miss Eleanor, and how she came to join us, and how laid-back and cuddlesome she is. Well, yesterday, we saw another side of her.
At the back of our house we have a small entryway, and on sunny days we leave the inner door open so the cats can bask. They can also watch who comes up to eat or drink. There is Grumpy (orange tabby), Patch (calico), and an as-yet unnamed gray/black tabby that are regulars, but yesterday we had a newcomer- a tuxedo. There was the usual chirping from Burdock and Digger, but when Miss Eleanor saw it, she started growling and laid her ears back- probably making rude comments about the tuxedo's ancestry- then jumped up against the door's glass. She has never done that before, ever. Do you think that maybe those two have a history from when she was still a street cat?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You all know about Miss Eleanor, and how she came to join us, and how laid-back and cuddlesome she is. Well, yesterday, we saw another side of her.
At the back of our house we have a small entryway, and on sunny days we leave the inner door open so the cats can bask. They can also watch who comes up to eat or drink. There is Grumpy (orange tabby), Patch (calico), and an as-yet unnamed gray/black tabby that are regulars, but yesterday we had a newcomer- a tuxedo. There was the usual chirping from Burdock and Digger, but when Miss Eleanor saw it, she started growling and laid her ears back- probably making rude comments about the tuxedo's ancestry- then jumped up against the door's glass. She has never done that before, ever. Do you think that maybe those two have a history from when she was still a street cat?
She may know him, may have known another tix or , and this is my guess if you’ve never seen him before, he’s just the newbie and she is protecting the regulars and territory. Poor Miss Eleanor and tux! Just keep telling her it’s okay if he returns. Maybe Burdock and Digger can convince her to put out the welcome mat? I guess she was putting up a ginger flag to alert you. 🚩 Tell her it’s a relative that was sent by Banjo to check on her. Lol I hope she didn’t hurt herself by running into the door!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Sounds like they may have a history. Kind of odd that he just showed up though. Have you checked around? I hope his family is okay. Maybe he got out every now and then by accident and intruded there because he wanted food? That would explain why Miss Eleanor objects. Maybe he has snitched her food before?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom That butterfly picture is stunning! The butterfly is color coordinated with the flowers! Do you know the name of the flowers? Mr. Butterfly seems to be enjoying the flavor! Lol

rubysmama rubysmama He was a cute caterpillar but if he fell on you, really itchy! There are bunches of those here right now. The moth that produces them is plentiful and has lots of eggs. Froggie tells me we wouldn’t have any oak trees if he wasn’t helping out here. Thank goodness we aren’t frogs! Blah! Lol Still, Froggie is protecting us.

S Smokey1987 Your kitties are beautiful! They obviously want to stay close to you! How could anyone get tired of kitty pictures? I’m glad you are exploring the site. Some of my favorite threads are in the picture and video forum. I know all your photos would be warmly received there! I never get tired of seeing the kitty photos there. Post pictures to your hearts content there!
:yess:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pouring rain all day! I thought I had awakened during the night! Lol The kitties wanted to know what they could do on a very long rainy day. The question of the day yesterday gave me a good suggestion for them. Cat Spa day! No fancy fragrances needed.:lol:

Good morning mom. We are bored. Nothing but rain to watch outside.

You and Thrasher should have a spa day BJ!
91FA9CB7-4537-4675-B12A-57D4086B29B3.jpeg

I’m your fragrance Thrasher.
234D25E3-2C73-4467-A0C1-AEDC0CF94CF0.jpeg

Bj shampoo.....
5CA8F2A5-CBC6-492D-B359-C6ECB18E460A.jpeg

Body wash.....
2F6EA93A-7A38-4D10-ACD4-15EBAB940B9E.jpeg

And conditioner.
D39DA568-446A-48E5-AE74-BB29F26E6B08.jpeg

What do you mean? I have morning breath?
076E01CC-5400-4752-BB5C-3ED8E99D4088.jpeg

It’s been a little while since I have seen Banjo and Whistle doing this. It used to be a daily routine as Banjo took care of little brother. Brother and sister remain bonded.:redheartpump:

Do me Banjo!
766F8D81-43CC-4439-8E1A-304BD16775CB.jpeg

This is very relaxing Whistle. Just enjoy!
8CC48CED-D1AD-482D-8254-03A27139B5AD.jpeg

Verrry relaxing Banjo.
E4E9C8FD-5D8D-47D4-B72D-EE0A693CD7DA.jpeg

Get my back Banjo.
B1690675-067C-4DE4-87AC-4EECEDAE8EE2.jpeg

Banjo?
27845BFF-7745-4B10-95EE-6C8B6E1E559E.jpeg

Lol
FD06DB9E-E62F-4CA1-B9B3-1D92B6CA04C0.jpeg

Verrry relaxing.
906A68AA-F9C2-4762-817B-0ECC26D94706.jpeg

Well.....
65B36F44-8750-4203-9590-1D77EDBD337B.jpeg

I’ll do my nails myself!
04752BB5-4D15-49F8-93BD-DA1ADE8D678D.jpeg

:lol:

Have a great night everyone. Sending relaxing spa purrs. Lol:heartshape:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
That butterfly picture is stunning! The butterfly is color coordinated with the flowers! Do you know the name of the flowers? Mr. Butterfly seems to be enjoying the flavor! Lol
Thank you!

If I'm not wrong, the flowering plant belongs to one of the Basil Plant family and the butterfly is called Lime Butterfly - Papilio demoleus malayanus

The caterpillar I posted was the Lime Butterfly caterpillar.

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

If I'm not wrong, the flowering plant belongs to one of the Basil Plant family and the butterfly is called Lime Butterfly - Papilio demoleus malayanus

The caterpillar I posted was the Lime Butterfly caterpillar.
I love seeing all those things! Nature is amazing! You got the butterfly with wings and before. Magic happening!

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I love seeing all those things! Nature is amazing! You got the butterfly with wings and before. Magic happening!
Nature is lovely. Whenever I'm out there, it's like my playground and it's like time stood still but when I look at the watch, I've spent 6 hours or more out there :lol:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Lost time? Alien butterflies took you away? ;)
I do the same thing outside AND when I’m with the cats or reading. Being outside is a little easier because the sun goes down and I notice! :lol:
It's more like when out there, you'll be so engrossed with the plants, tress, birds, insects and many other stuffs that you literally forget the time.

Back in the days, I use to go out before the sunrise armed with my photography gears and when I'm shooting, time is not on my mind coz there are so many things to shoot :p

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen the tux before, perched on the deck railing of our back-fence neighbor, and have seen it go inside their house, but it only recently started to come over to our place- maybe it likes the food we put out better, or just likes a little variety in it's diet- and this is the first time that Miss Eleanor was there to take notice.

Wab

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 330738

Heres a picture of both of them on my desk in prime time.

Nala, very cutely, took my hat as her bed (she had ring worm and that bed has officially been decommissioned as a hat)

Smokey has slept there since I can remember. I just can't tell em no. ( I do when I have to see the full screen) they know when I'm not on a conference.

:-)

You've just given me a great idea; I'm going to stick a cat bed on my desk. He'll probably not use it, he's awkward like that (he prefers cardboard boxes to expensive cat beds), but it would be lovely to just see him chilling while I'm working.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:alright:.................Lol.............................ok, here's a lovely butterfly for you
It's a very lovely butterfly. Thanks. :butterfly: :bluebutterfly: :purplebutterfly:

Cat Spa day! No fancy fragrances needed.:lol:
A spa day! How relaxing. :catrub:

(I started to type spay instead of spa, as it's one of the words I type on this site a lot. But not even close to the same meaning as spa)

Status
Not open for further replies.