My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
CatladyJan CatladyJan My sincere condolences and deepest regrets on the sudden passing of Sidekick. Your love and devotion carried him through the night and I think that's why he waited for you. :touched: He not only trusted you but sensed your compassion. He is at peace now and I'm sure his memories will live on in your heart forever and ever.:hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like I'm ruining a party, but my heart is so heavy tonight as my sweet, beautiful Sidekick crossed the rainbow bridge today and sadly it was not an easy passing. I feel so angry at myself for not recognizing he was sick. I noticed he was not eating as much the past couple of days and thought he was just filling up wherever he goes during the day. I had seen him wheeze a couple of times, but didn't think much of it as I have several cats that wheeze from time to time. My guess is he had pneumonia. I was out all day yesterday and he was in his little house when I got home. He again didn't come out for food. I checked him before going to bed and noticed his rear was hanging out the entrance of the shelter so I took a blanket out and covered that side to provide him with more warmth. I checked on him this late morning when I woke up and noticed he had not moved all night. He was still alive but not looking well. I was able to pull him out of the shelter and put him into a carrier and brought him into my home where we stayed in a closet together. I put a heated pad on him, turned on the vaporizer and put some cool water on a cloth on his tongue. The vet couldn't get me in until 3:30. Sadly he took his last breath around 2:30. Right now I am in shock, angry and so very sad. I will miss that precious guy who trusted me and allowed me to be his friend. We are going to bury him under the tree in the front yard where he used to sleep.View attachment 438878
Cats, because of their status, hide illness perhaps better than anyone else. Especially being outside, Sidekick would do that. Your seeing him and bringing him in for warmth, comfort and love made all the difference, and you can feel relief in knowing he knew he was loved, cared for, and helped when he was in great need.
*Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Loved, sweet angel Sidekick. Rest now in Perfect Love and Comfort, watching over those who love you until reunited in due time.*🌈
IMG_2657.JPG

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing to worry about. Banjo was just trying to teach some others how to play Whack a mole....:think: lolLol

Actually I got a call from Fedex. We have been waiting for deliveries for the kitties and Chewy has been helping us play Whack a Mole to catch the cat food! Was it delivered next door, nope, behind us, nope, oh... to the next county? Yes! FedEx called late last night to say ,” Where are you?!?!?” Originally the address labels were correct but three labels later, poor Fedex was very confused. We are still waiting on most of the stuff but Chewy came through and got the most needed items to us today. Food and litter! Must haves! I’ll be keeping a light on for the next nights, just in case the drivers get lost again. I think that Chewy got the label thing corrected at Fedex. We have no idea where the added and incorrect labels came into the picture but hoping the kitty Christmas treats get here later in the week.
Now, back to more regular posts? I hope! Signals were the worst last night but.... shhhh, better now. Oops.:chessirecat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I am so glad to still have Banjo. I am the lucky one. I want to correct the spelling of the Praziquantel. I left the n out before. :doh: I hope that you or neely neely or anyone else who can spread this info around will do so. It was not easy to put these puzzle pieces together but it is such an important breakthrough that can save lives and huge amounts of money, testing and anxiety that I hope all vets get the word!

strider rose strider rose Are you feeling better? Sending purrs!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 With all the cat things that happen here, we must be living in a magical cat place! Banjo can burgle all she wants. Lol

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Did AJ show Cassidy how to get Hoomans to pet? Lol This is awesome!
Agreed! If any cat here can do magic, it is Banjo. She has done many amazing things in her life! I was thinking about when she got lost in Florida near that alligator farm. I wonder how many alligators she convinced to give her bare back rides to find me again? Is there a gator somewhere that still sings for her with a Frog chorus?:kitty::bicolorcat: 🐊🐸

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose That is the sweetest kitten! Got your tummy! Lol It made me think of a video or one of the kittens from Jazzy. I had a house full and my friend foster took Jazzy to have her babies there. My friend was sending daily , sometimes hourly video updates. Kittens at just days old were already feisty. Their eyes weren’t even open but when my friend snorrgled a baby by her face to show me via video, that little cutie snuggled her face but then just kind of exploded with a spit and hiss. It startled us both and then we just cracked up in laughter. Super sweet but then, beware, exploding kitten! Ahh, love kitties!
Owl kitty! Lolololololol Bonjour loves that too!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 That is the best news about Dexter and Harvey! I am sure Harvey will get lots of yummy stuff to get over being so thin!
tabbytom tabbytom Selective participation? :lol: Yes! We did that today! I didn’t do any of the selecting but the cats all helped me by participating! It’s very cold tonight and they selected me to be their mattress!

Margot Lane Margot Lane Yes!:grouphug2:
muffy muffy Yes! Rest well beautiful Sidekick.
CatladyJan CatladyJan Still thinking about you.:hugs:

Jewely Jewely Lari Lari N NY cat man BellaGooch BellaGooch Hello and sending many purrs.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In just the last few pages of this thread, cats have been lost from home and got back, lost one home and found a second home, overcame a seriously nasty illness, people have gotten sick and then better, and survived bad storms and drifting delivery drivers.

There's another furbaby, in Florida who is at great risk, Pepper in the S.O.S. forum. Maybe the incredible good fortune that seems such a major part of things here can carry to her 🤞🙏

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like I'm ruining a party, but my heart is so heavy tonight as my sweet, beautiful Sidekick crossed the rainbow bridge today and sadly it was not an easy passing. I feel so angry at myself for not recognizing he was sick. I noticed he was not eating as much the past couple of days and thought he was just filling up wherever he goes during the day. I had seen him wheeze a couple of times, but didn't think much of it as I have several cats that wheeze from time to time. My guess is he had pneumonia. I was out all day yesterday and he was in his little house when I got home. He again didn't come out for food. I checked him before going to bed and noticed his rear was hanging out the entrance of the shelter so I took a blanket out and covered that side to provide him with more warmth. I checked on him this late morning when I woke up and noticed he had not moved all night. He was still alive but not looking well. I was able to pull him out of the shelter and put him into a carrier and brought him into my home where we stayed in a closet together. I put a heated pad on him, turned on the vaporizer and put some cool water on a cloth on his tongue. The vet couldn't get me in until 3:30. Sadly he took his last breath around 2:30. Right now I am in shock, angry and so very sad. I will miss that precious guy who trusted me and allowed me to be his friend. We are going to bury him under the tree in the front yard where he used to sleep.View attachment 438878
I am very sorry for your loss. Gosh, I just came back to TCS and this is the first thing I read. My heart goes out to you. Please hang in there.

Sorry for my absence guys, but as I explained to Jcatbird Jcatbird , I lost another of my colony - Angel's littermate. Yes, I believe now that those brothers are not meant to stay with us for long, and just passed by to remind me not to forget loving and caring for the cats and dogs.

So its my 4th cat I lost this year alone. And I hope there won't be anymore in the next months.

I have a lot of catching up, but please for those who are having a bad time, sick, worried etc - be strong. You are not alone. When I was mourning the deaths of Angel and his brother some friends here checked on me.I am truly grateful for the love and kindness.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird : great to see you! Love the Cat Whack a Mole. That cat even looks a lot like Banjo. :bicolorcat:
Sorry to hear about all the Fed Ex delivery issues. Hope that gets settled soon. That reminds me, did Fed Ex ever come pick up that delivery that was left at your place in error last spring/summer? Understand if you don't remember what I'm taking about, as I know you get tons of delivery in the run of a year.

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote : so sorry you've lost another of your colony. :alright: I know your heart must be breaking, but please know you made, and are making, a difference in those cats' lives. So thank you for all you do. :redheartpump:

To everyone who posts and/or reads this thread, have a wonderful week.
1671452175231.png

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. Gosh, I just came back to TCS and this is the first thing I read. My heart goes out to you. Please hang in there.

Sorry for my absence guys, but as I explained to Jcatbird Jcatbird , I lost another of my colony - Angel's littermate. Yes, I believe now that those brothers are not meant to stay with us for long, and just passed by to remind me not to forget loving and caring for the cats and dogs.

So its my 4th cat I lost this year alone. And I hope there won't be anymore in the next months.

I have a lot of catching up, but please for those who are having a bad time, sick, worried etc - be strong. You are not alone. When I was mourning the deaths of Angel and his brother some friends here checked on me.I am truly grateful for the love and kindness.
I am so very sorry for your loss, Maria Bayote Maria Bayote . Three of my beloved ones left us in the space of 4 months in 2016, so I empathize so much. *Fly free, whole, healthy, and forever Loved, little one. Rest now in Perfect Love and Comfort, watching over your loved ones here below until reunited in due time.* 🌈
IMG_2659.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.