My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Banjo did go back and she had no signs of anything other than a dissipating cloud of necrotic tapeworm tissue. It was almost all gone and there was nothing behind the cloud except for what is supposed to be there. Yay! Cat magic! Banjo is truly an example of Hope and Never Giving Up!
For anyone new reading this, Banjo appeared to have Cancer in her abdomen or Wet FIP. Only extensive research by many here and many vets revealed the truth. Simple Praziquatel (tapeworm medicine) in large doses saved her. It was a dead tapeworm that had apparently passed through the mucosa and died, forming a mysterious abdominal mass that pressed on her intestines and aortic vessels.
7BF87D4E-2BCE-4586-B98B-6F5BA93B1EC1.jpeg
C6B52724-5CDD-4B23-81D1-6AD2F603A38B.jpeg
81B4DE75-E414-4836-9099-44E178B065DB.jpeg

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 “And a Good time was had by all!” Indeed! They rolled in it and ate it!
CatladyJan CatladyJan I guess you got an answer? I believe it was Springfield. I hope the kitty is found.
strider rose strider rose The BJ and Muffin stickers go everywhere with me. They live on my phone case. Banjo will be jumping with excitement! Lol
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose The Cardinals are beautiful! I have them here and they light up any day. I love their songs too. Very glad you are better! Yay!!!!!!!!
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Any word on the kitties?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Banjo did go back and she had no signs of anything other than a dissipating cloud of necrotic tapeworm tissue. It was almost all gone and there was nothing behind the cloud except for what is supposed to be there. Yay! Cat magic! Banjo is truly an example of Hope and Never Giving Up!
For anyone new reading this, Banjo appeared to have Cancer in her abdomen or Wet FIP. Only extensive research by many here and many vets revealed the truth. Simple Praziquatel (tapeworm medicine) in large doses saved her. It was a dead tapeworm that had apparently passed through the mucosa and died, forming a mysterious abdominal mass that pressed on her intestines and aortic vessels.View attachment 438562View attachment 438563View attachment 438564
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 “And a Good time was had by all!” Indeed! They rolled in it and ate it!
CatladyJan CatladyJan I guess you got an answer? I believe it was Springfield. I hope the kitty is found.
strider rose strider rose The BJ and Muffin stickers go everywhere with me. They live on my phone case. Banjo will be jumping with excitement! Lol
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose The Cardinals are beautiful! I have them here and they light up any day. I love their songs too. Very glad you are better! Yay!!!!!!!!
Chez Catbird is a magical place where amazing things happen to, with, by, for, and from felines and their beloved guardian!
What an inspirational "tail" Banjo has to share with us all! Those $^&* worms can cause all kinds of havoc. So grateful the problem was found and solved! Banjo is obviously a very important-andhealthy-member of the clowder. :hearthrob: :bicolorcat::hearthrob::goldstar::yess:
I was looking through some of our many toy boxes/baskets the other day and found a toy that hasn't been in rotation for awhile. Elvis surprised me by actually playing, quite frenetically, with da Bird two days ago! He hasn't expressed any interest in play other than kicking, licking and biting his stationery toys when I lace them with 'nip or 'nip & 'vine. Baby Su always played much more enthusiastically with da Bird than he did. But after he surprised me this way (and showing no interest in da Bird when I brought it out today) I thought he might like this toy, which is a ping-pong ball with feathers stuck in it.
He LOVES it. He's played with it several times since I brought it out.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Banjo did go back and she had no signs of anything other than a dissipating cloud of necrotic tapeworm tissue. It was almost all gone and there was nothing behind the cloud except for what is supposed to be there. Yay! Cat magic! Banjo is truly an example of Hope and Never Giving Up!
That's such great news! So glad she had you, and all the vets, who never gave up on her. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Elvis! Yay! Play Elvis! This is wonderful news. :cloud9: We haven’t had Da Bird but Banjo does have a ball similar to what you describe. Does or did?:lol: I suspect it now resides in the secret stash that cannot be accessed by anyone. Can cats open a combination lock? Better question, can a hooman figure out the numbers a cat would use for a combination?!:lol:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird so glad you enjoyed the cardinal gif and video. They really are stunning birds. I am also glad to hear that they live down South, too. I am sure they light up everything around them.
Banjo is a miracle kitty! I remember researching Banjo's symptoms and the one thing that kept coming up was cancer. I prayed that that wasn't the case. I was so relieved and also shocked when it turned out to be necrotic tapeworm tissue. One for the books! So happy that she has been perfectly fine since finishing her treatment. When you count your blessings-count Banjo twice. What a special kitty. :bicolorcat::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Elvis! Yay! Play Elvis! This is wonderful news. :cloud9: We haven’t had Da Bird but Banjo does have a ball similar to what you describe. Does or did?:lol: I suspect it now resides in the secret stash that cannot be accessed by anyone. Can cats open a combination lock? Better question, can a hooman figure out the numbers a cat would use for a combination?!:lol:
We have so many toys I can't even begin to guess how many there are! There are boxes, baskets and ??? full. They're on every cat surface. They're on the bed. They're everywhere!
Oh, don't put anything past a cat. :lolup: :insertevillaugh:;)You know there has to be a reason for the term, "cat burglar":winkcat:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
For anyone new reading this, Banjo appeared to have Cancer in her abdomen or Wet FIP. Only extensive research by many here and many vets revealed the truth. Simple Praziquatel (tapeworm medicine) in large doses saved her. It was a dead tapeworm that had apparently passed through the mucosa and died, forming a mysterious abdominal mass that pressed on her intestines and aortic vessels.View attachment 438562View attachment 438563View attachment 438564
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:Dexter is still awaiting adoption.:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: Harvey is still missing. His mom has been walking around the neighborhood when it's quiet but no luck. When she mentioned her flyers had been torn down in a certain area I suggested perhaps the person who has him tore them down so their neighbors wouldn't remember seeing him. She said she had thought of that but didn't believe anyone could be so nefarious. I told her there were such people and asked if she had someone to go with her door-to-door in that area. She does and they were going today & tomorrow. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:Dexter is still awaiting adoption.:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: Harvey is still missing. His mom has been walking around the neighborhood when it's quiet but no luck. When she mentioned her flyers had been torn down in a certain area I suggested perhaps the person who has him tore them down so their neighbors wouldn't remember seeing him. She said she had thought of that but didn't believe anyone could be so nefarious. I told her there were such people and asked if she had someone to go with her door-to-door in that area. She does and they were going today & tomorrow. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:
Oh, yes, that nefarious and much more so, dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 but we don't need to bring that into the convo...Prayers for Harvey to be found, safe and well, and returned to his home! and more Prayers for Dexter to find his loving permanent person/family and home very quickly.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Tell her to choose her words carefully. Express deep love and absolute love. Perhaps gratitude or reward for anyone who helps to find Harvey. Rewards often pay off. It often happens that people who see an outdoor cat assume they are dumped or lost. Perhaps not getting great care and they mistakenly step in to protect the cat. Then when it becomes apparent they made a mistake, they could still feel protective and feel the love of the cat as well as fearing repercussions. I hope she finds Harvey.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
OH MY! Now I can pat AJ reliably about 1 time out of 4 (the other three, he remembers that he's a rough, tough feral tom, and dodges me...doesn't run, but dodges), I have now stroked Cassidy! That's a major triumph. Been working up to that for about two years.
0F54D0BB-7345-49C0-8F5D-E19D646202BA$L0$001~photo.GIF

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH MY! Now I can pat AJ reliably about 1 time out of 4 (the other three, he remembers that he's a rough, tough feral tom, and dodges me...doesn't run, but dodges), I have now stroked Cassidy! That's a major triumph. Been working up to that for about two years.
:yess::cheerleader::goodluck:It can take years. But when it happens, it's a win you remember always!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Jcatbird Jcatbird and everyone here. I hope you are having a good week so far. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Glad to hear another one of your ferals is allowing you to pet them. Yay!!!

Enjoy the rest of your week. :purr:
*SPLORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTing from the KYOOTNESS!*

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Banjo did go back and she had no signs of anything other than a dissipating cloud of necrotic tapeworm tissue. It was almost all gone and there was nothing behind the cloud except for what is supposed to be there. Yay! Cat magic! Banjo is truly an example of Hope and Never Giving Up!
Cat magic and a cat mama with a bountiful of love! :heartshape: If you don't mind would it be okay for me to tell my feline vet about Banjo's case? She has been in practice for a long time and reminds me of a female Dr. Herriot from All Creatures Great & Small. I just got off the phone with her. The clinic closed two hours ago but she's still there and was returning my call from earlier today. She has never turned Carleton away no matter how late she has to stay or how many patients have appointments. She's research oriented and very dedicated to her profession. She's one in a million and I'm sure would love to hear about Banjo's story and, of course, You. :hugs:

Status
Not open for further replies.