My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Let’s see if I can backtrack some! Lol I won’t catch everything but I’ll give it a go!
I see Bourbon is making an appearance! Yay! Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Doing well? How are things there? I have had lots of prayers going there for Bourbon to be well and for your current needs to be met.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 How about you? The photos are stunning. Such a view! The Tom I mentioned belongs to someone. However, me and a neighbor are watching. He may end up with the neighbor. We are working on that. I spend hours with him almost every day now. Semi feral. Hopefully not for much longer?
Mt. Whitney! Oh my how beautiful!
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Hoping things are calmer there. I know how hard it can be with dumped kitties. I had no idea how I would save those kittens. No room left here and none anywhere else I had checked. They were put on a waiting list but were too young to be outside alone. They might not have made it long enough to get placed. A Tom was guarding them but they needed everything. I had decided that morning to break my own rule and bring them in. Not advisable but… hoped for a home for them later. I made one last call to a Foster that I already knew was full. I guess that word had gotten around so much ( making a pest of myself lol) that it may have been desperation to get me to stop? ;):lol: I would never have stopped calling around, repeatedly! When I started doing all of this, no one had ever heard of me. No help anywhere. A routine of constant contact made people remember me. Probably, “Oh No! That woman again!!!! “Lol It’s hard to forget someone who is a constant squeaky wheel. Thankfully! The Foster told me, “ Call me when you catch them.” Ha, ha, ha, ha. I called her back in about five minutes. Surprise! Although I had never met this Foster, another (my sick friend) had told her about me. This Foster was full too but made an exception because of my friend and because of the amount of kitties here and the situation for the babies. It is always a matter of persistence. Never stopping. When kitten season slows, it gets easier for us to find places for older cats. Especially dumped strays. Just keep trying.:hugs:
N NY cat man I got very lucky! I would have had to shuffle cats around here to save thise kittens. I would have but with the leash law here, it would have been pushing the limits to take more in. I really wanted to foster kittens again but…. better not to when the ark is full. Lol
Sooooo precious! The one that kept crossing his eyes as he looked at the carrier bars was trying to be MY kitty. Lol He will always be my kitty in my heart along with all the others. So very grateful that I found them in time. The Tom made sure I did. Cats are amazing!
neely neely Thank you about my friend and my “sis”. Both hit me with their stays within days of each other. I am so hopeful for them both. They must, must be okay. They are so important to so many. The son of one of them has been here several times lately. I have been telling him many stories of his wonderful mother and our history together. I don’t think he knew how much of his own life that I knew about and shared. Lots of hugs going around.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Yay!!!! All good on the latest tests! Happy dance! Me and all the kitties! You should see this!:lol: If your heart needed any smiles, this would make it laugh.:hugs:

rubysmama rubysmama I hear that you have been helping on another thread to assist with a kitty that wants to stay hidden! Thank you! I am so grateful that you linked her to the story of BJ and I hope something here will help.;)👍 I will try to get there when I can. Sending tips through dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 when she brought it to my attention.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I loved the cartoon and I did know most of the kitties there! Old friends! Lol I hope you are all pretty much settled in there now. If you tag the person from that other thread, I’ll follow it back to see if I can offer any encouragement. I am going to post a video of “Simon” that made me think of her.

strider rose strider rose Very glad you are okay. I know you have your own health issues sometimes and I always appreciate the kindness you show to others in spite of the days when you are tired or feel bad.:hugs: Whistle sends kisses.

Margot Lane Margot Lane How are things with you? I am still waiting to see if any “hidden treasures” show up in the walls of N NY cat man too! Lol Good ones! Gold maybe?

Furballsmom Furballsmom I haven’t checked in on that thread again yet but hoping things are better there! Thank you for the link! Hoping all is well there.

Lari Lari How are things there? Latest on J?

tabbytom tabbytom Ouch! Eye stitches can’t be fun! I have had to wear an eye patch and it is a “Fashion statement”! :lol: Are the stitches the kind that dissolve? Whistle prescribes lots more catnip and lots of catnaps. Nips and naps! I’m glad your doctor allows you some time here with us. He obviously has his priorities straight!;) Rest and only be here when you feel like it. We’ll be keeping you in thoughts, prayers and hearts.
Love, love the Pawverb! Where can I find a real man that pans for gold?:lol: The cats want to know!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Oh my dear! With all that has been going on there I would never expect you to be thinking of anything else! You just heal! We’ll be fine. No worries. :hugs: Thank you for the candles! We have one lit for you and others here too. So many candles lately! Hopefully everyone here feels the warm glow, the prayers and can see the light. Give Hek a snorggles from us and build your strength.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meme for 2 Meme for 2 I saw this and thought of you. This is sort of how it goes. Lol This is my life and the life of all who bring in a new adoption or rescue. Sometimes it goes slow and sometimes quickly but every cat moves at its own pace. I hope this makes you and everyone else here smile. I did!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful what you put in your pocket. Want a cat to come to you? Sit still like this and wait. If you have a lot of cats, be prepared to be covered in cats!

5….4….3….2…
A74B785D-3BAC-4D9E-95F0-A792083EF6BB.jpeg

1 lol
D1034D43-15D3-458E-9AAB-86646D899182.jpeg

I’m not moving. Let’s see what happens. Cat investigating.
BEB2A52C-2F06-4D1F-986C-8A53B774F66A.jpeg

What’s in there?
B941A609-0575-4597-9294-AAE28FE0BABE.jpeg

Cat head! :lol:
0980419A-D054-4EBB-BAE8-BE78CF695705.jpeg

It’s Banjo!
3DC30A35-2AE0-4A6E-AF47-E98CA0D3FDD1.jpeg

She’s going for the pocket and the little bag inside it.
EAFD5B88-27D6-479B-8DA8-76B20E16C178.jpeg

You have to fold your ears back to get inside a pocket.
9EFC6B64-4539-473D-BDEE-50A3681BDA68.jpeg

Work for it Banjo!
8D61DDC8-C243-4868-BEBD-46F64185079C.jpeg

This is work!
91C0CE19-BCCE-4C6F-9DB6-2AC082C8590E.jpeg

You could easily hand it to me hooman! Never mind. I’ll do it myself!
21320EB5-7120-49E8-9D81-7D83E96F2660.jpeg

Getting it!
1AE1E2DB-01C5-4ADF-800E-0CEBFA29FFEB.jpeg

You should have bigger pockets.
C23E1256-1124-4F0A-971F-37BEB6BEF20A.jpeg

Success!
73486A37-78C8-4A9D-A90A-D1F2BEFE1AED.jpeg

It’s a bag of catnip!
0411C1F2-57D0-4475-A9C0-389A9FFE9A01.jpeg

Ahahahahaha! It’s mine now! You think you’ll be convered in cats? Nope. Taking the bag and running with it!
81B568B0-6181-4585-A9D1-76A7701F61CD.jpeg

Okay. Maybe I better get it out from under the sofa now? Lol
Banjo!!!!!!!!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Ouch! Eye stitches can’t be fun! I have had to wear an eye patch and it is a “Fashion statement”! :lol: Are the stitches the kind that dissolve? Whistle prescribes lots more catnip and lots of catnaps. Nips and naps! I’m glad your doctor allows you some time here with us. He obviously has his priorities straight!;) Rest and only be here when you feel like it. We’ll be keeping you in thoughts, prayers and hearts.
Yes, stitches on the eye is irritating especially when have dry eyes and the eye lid is brushing against it and it's kinda painful. Thankfully I don't have to wear an eye patch.

Good thing that whistle past me some catnip to bring into the OT to help calm me down and I passed some to the surgeon and he did a good job on me eye

IMG_3361.GIF
J and Whistle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It is always a matter of persistence.
neely neely Thank you about my friend and my “sis”. Both hit me with their stays within days of each other. I am so hopeful for them both. They must, must be okay. They are so important to so many. The son of one of them has been here several times lately. I have been telling him many stories of his wonderful mother and our history together.
I like the way you think, i.e. "It is always a matter of persistence." It not only shows your devotion but also your dedication to cats in need. Inspiring words to live by. 🤗 As for your dear friend, Sis, and your other very helpful foster friend, I'm glad you were able to meet with the son and regale him with stories of his mother and your friendship.

I haven't mentioned it here mainly because so many others including yourself are going through a tough time but just want to take a minute to share that we had to rush Carleton to the vet the end of last week. I spoke about it in The Coffee & Tea thread in The Foodie's Corner of The Cat Lounge. We are extremely fortunate to have found a compassionate and caring vet. She was completely booked but told us to bring Carleton in after her last appointment. She has asked me to give her daily updates even on her days off. I won't bore you with details but the good news is I think, fingers crossed, he turned the corner yesterday. :crossfingers: To lighten the mood I saw this displayed at a store in the city and couldn't think of a better thread to post a pic than this one.

IMG_1713.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the way you think, i.e. "It is always a matter of persistence." It not only shows your devotion but also your dedication to cats in need. Inspiring words to live by. 🤗 As for your dear friend, Sis, and your other very helpful foster friend, I'm glad you were able to meet with the son and regale him with stories of his mother and your friendship.

I haven't mentioned it here mainly because so many others including yourself are going through a tough time but just want to take a minute to share that we had to rush Carleton to the vet the end of last week. I spoke about it in The Coffee & Tea thread in The Foodie's Corner of The Cat Lounge. We are extremely fortunate to have found a compassionate and caring vet. She was completely booked but told us to bring Carleton in after her last appointment. She has asked me to give her daily updates even on her days off. I won't bore you with details but the good news is I think, fingers crossed, he turned the corner yesterday. :crossfingers: To lighten the mood I saw this displayed at a store in the city and couldn't think of a better thread to post a pic than this one.

View attachment 431370
*PRAYERS* and BEST thoughts for sweet Carleton and for you, neely neely .

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I haven’t checked in on that thread again yet but hoping things are better there! Thank you for the link! Hoping all is well there.
Things are a bit better, I've just asked for an update since the last post was Wednesday :redheartpump::heartshape::redheartpump:

I'm sending tons of good thoughts for you, all your loved ones and everyone!! :vibes::bouquet::grouphug2:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird First off, I am sorry to hear about your sis and a dear friend getting cancer. Praying for them, you, and the kitties, especially Banjo. I hope they do well with treatment and go onto remission. They may have cancer-but cancer doesn't have them! I have some relatives who had Non-Hopkins Lymphoma-both are years into remission. The technology and medical advances today have more people winning their battles with cancer. I will keep praying because I believe in it.

Still working through the never ending cat dumping situation. I am at critical mass and can't afford one more dumped cat, especially in these precarious times. I will keep asking, there has to be some one who could help. Even with getting a few cats off the streets. Every little bit helps. Once again so glad to hear about the kitties. Stories like that make my day. There was a male cat I use to feed I named Simon and he always watched out for the kitties. He lead all the kittens to me. He also protected them and shared his food with them. Such a good cat. It wonderful seeing how they care for each other. I learned so much by watching them. ❤ Well, thanks for sharing their story and for your advice, I appreciated.

Sending prayers and best wishes to everyone especially tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 tabbytom tabbytom Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Maria Bayote Maria Bayote (Bourban) neely neely (Carleton) strider rose strider rose (Stardust). You and your kitties are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things improves soon. ❤

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird First off, I am sorry to hear about your sis and a dear friend getting cancer. Praying for them, you, and the kitties, especially Banjo. I hope they do well with treatment and go onto remission. They may have cancer-but cancer doesn't have them! I have some relatives who had Non-Hopkins Lymphoma-both are years into remission. The technology and medical advances today have more people winning their battles with cancer. I will keep praying because I believe in it.

Still working through the never ending cat dumping situation. I am at critical mass and can't afford one more dumped cat, especially in these precarious times. I will keep asking, there has to be some one who could help. Even with getting a few cats off the streets. Every little bit helps. Once again so glad to hear about the kitties. Stories like that make my day. There was a male cat I use to feed I named Simon and he always watched out for the kitties. He lead all the kittens to me. He also protected them and shared his food with them. Such a good cat. It wonderful seeing how they care for each other. I learned so much by watching them. ❤ Well, thanks for sharing their story and for your advice, I appreciated.

Sending prayers and best wishes to everyone especially tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 tabbytom tabbytom Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Maria Bayote Maria Bayote (Bourban) neely neely (Carleton) strider rose strider rose (Stardust). You and your kitties are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things improves soon. ❤
*Back at'cha* with much appreciation and gratitude, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose for your kindness and thoughtfulness, and for your compassion, caring, and labors of love for those we all love so very much. *PRAYERS* for this world to WAKE UP and get its priorities straight, and get on board in this massive, but absolutely accomplishable effort to spay/neuter and adopt for LIFE, the unconditionally loving and loyal cats we love.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06
Thank you for your kind words and prayers. Prayers are always welcomed and much needed. I share in your frustration with people being irresponsible and allowing cats to breed out of control. The insanity much stop and people need to do the right thing. But Alas, if only. What a better world it would be if people spay/neuter their pets and get outdoor kitties tnred. It is so frustrating !!! Ugh! 😬

Will I got to run. Take care. ❤

Status
Not open for further replies.