My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I share TabbyTom's sentiment above. May I add to that, if something is meant be it will happen. Praying for you. I feed a colony of cats too and always have to ask-"If I had to suddenly move- who would take care of these cats? " Not a day goes by I don't ask that and ofcourse the other worry is "what if I just can't afford to feed them anymore?" I am hanging in there, but with this crazy economy and hyper inflation it is making me nervous. Jusr know you are not alone. Hang in there and keep looking up. ❀
strider rose strider rose I hope you are feeling just as good tonight. Take care.
tabbytom tabbytom So true. Rescue kitties are the best breed. I have nice kitties I feed that I really wish would get adopted. I wish people would open their hearts to the lovely homeless kitties outside. I would love for the friendly ones to find their furever homes. I do the best I can for them, but it would make my day to see someone kind hearted to take a few off the streets.What a hero-adopting homeless kitty. ❀❀❀
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Sorry to hear about your IT woes. I hope things get better for you. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Jcatbird Jcatbird I am glad you liked the sunset video. Things have been very stressful lately so I thought I share that beautiful sunset video to remind everyone no matter how stressful things get to not to forget to smell the roses- or watch beautiful sunsets. 🌞😊

Take care everyone and keep checking out those beautiful sunsets and cloud formations. Pure magic!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I share TabbyTom's sentiment above. May I add to that, if something is meant be it will happen. Praying for you. I feed a colony of cats too and always have to ask-"If I had to suddenly move- who would take care of these cats? " Not a day goes by I don't ask that and ofcourse the other worry is "what if I just can't afford to feed them anymore?" I am hanging in there, but with this crazy economy and hyper inflation it is making me nervous. Jusr know you are not alone. Hang in there and keep looking up. ❀
strider rose strider rose I hope you are feeling just as good tonight. Take care.
tabbytom tabbytom So true. Rescue kitties are the best breed. I have nice kitties I feed that I really wish would get adopted. I wish people would open their hearts to the lovely homeless kitties outside. I would love for the friendly ones to find their furever homes. I do the best I can for them, but it would make my day to see someone kind hearted to take a few off the streets.What a hero-adopting homeless kitty. ❀❀❀
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Sorry to hear about your IT woes. I hope things get better for you. πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Jcatbird Jcatbird I am glad you liked the sunset video. Things have been very stressful lately so I thought I share that beautiful sunset video to remind everyone no matter how stressful things get to not to forget to smell the roses- or watch beautiful sunsets. 🌞😊

Take care everyone and keep checking out those beautiful sunsets and cloud formations. Pure magic!
SO agree with you on the issue of free-roaming and outdoor-living cats! Every cat is worthy of good care, shelter and LOVE.
And for everyone struggling to do right by them, *PRAYERS* and ongoing best thoughts/wishes that somehow, the needs can be met. I do a lot of advocacy for rescuers/sanctuarians in other parts of the world where things are a lot more dire than they are here. They live on the edge, ask and often don't get much, and have to stretch what they do get with rice.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
SO agree with you on the issue of free-roaming and outdoor-living cats! Every cat is worthy of good care, shelter and LOVE.
And for everyone struggling to do right by them, *PRAYERS* and ongoing best thoughts/wishes that somehow, the needs can be met. I do a lot of advocacy for rescuers/sanctuarians in other parts of the world where things are a lot more dire than they are here. They live on the edge, ask and often don't get much, and have to stretch what they do get with rice.
I know it is very bad in some parts of the world. I caught a thread here on TSC a few months ago of some residents of Ukraine deciding to stay behind to keep feeding the community cats. They just couldn't leave them. That is true dedication. God bless them. I shouldn't complain there are people who most definitely have it worse.I do the best I can, but it is challenging. Thank you for the prayers . I appreciate that. Have a good weekend. πŸ™‚

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it is very bad in some parts of the world. I caught a thread here on TSC a few months ago of some residents of Ukraine deciding to stay behind to keep feeding the community cats. They just couldn't leave them. That is true dedication. God bless them. I shouldn't complain there are people who most definitely have it worse.I do the best I can, but it is challenging. Thank you for the prayers . I appreciate that. Have a good weekend. πŸ™‚
No way did I mean anything comparison-wise or disparaging; just relating some of my experiences with my work. Everyone who does this labor of love is a hero in my book; no one ranks higher on my priority list.
I lost my aunt last night; she was the last remaining member of my dad's generation and very, very loved and important in my life. She inspired me greatly. So I may not be very conversational for awhile.
Wishing you all the best, always.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
No way did I mean anything comparison-wise or disparaging; just relating some of my experiences with my work. Everyone who does this labor of love is a hero in my book; no one ranks higher on my priority list.
I lost my aunt last night; she was the last remaining member of my dad's generation and very, very loved and important in my life. She inspired me greatly. So I may not be very conversational for awhile.
Wishing you all the best, always.
Taragirl I am so sorry to hear this. RIP⚘I will pray for you and your family during this very difficult time. BIG HUGS. :alright: Hang in there. Cherish the good times and memories and how much your dear Aunt meant to you. Take care. ❀❀❀

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Take all the time you need, we'll be here for you. :hugs: My sincere sympathies and deepest regrets on the loss of your aunt. My mom had a big family and when my favorite cousin passed away I felt like I lost my big sister. She was my mentor. I hope you can find a way to honor your aunt and keep your memories of her in your heart. :heartshape:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I share this Inspirational Sunset video. I wish I could jump into the screen. Just gorgeous! Here's to getting over the hump tomorrow and that the rest of the week get's easier.
Take care everyone! πŸ™‚

This is a lovely video. I sent it to a friend who recently lost one of his cats to offer some grief respite and it helped. ❀

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
*PRAYERS* from the heart for a very good job to be yours, here, very soon.
Thank you.

I share TabbyTom's sentiment above. May I add to that, if something is meant be it will happen. Praying for you. I feed a colony of cats too and always have to ask-"If I had to suddenly move- who would take care of these cats? " Not a day goes by I don't ask that and ofcourse the other worry is "what if I just can't afford to feed them anymore?" I am hanging in there, but with this crazy economy and hyper inflation it is making me nervous. Jusr know you are not alone. Hang in there and keep looking up. ❀
Thanks a lot. Yeah, it is keeping me awake at nights.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Be strong and take your time.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you! My dear β€œsis” is better. She had some tests done today. Hoping they are all negative. Dreams do come true. There will be a smile coming!!!!

strider rose strider rose I am so glad you feel better and enjoyed some time out. It hasn’t been as hot here either. Yay!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Indeed. Ferals are simply kitties without the support they deserve. It’s something that goes way back in history but at least we are more in tune now. We also keep spreading the word and educating. Never giving up. You’re going to like the news I have!

Tech errors are everywhere. It seems that everything is affected to some extent right now. The 5G updates are part of it, I think. I was kind of wondering too about the weather influence. It must have some effect. So many factors going on. Hopefully other countries will not see us in unfavorable light. Big hope for that one! Since we are all humans, we are all brothers and sisters. There are always spats but let us hope that they end with sharing and not fighting. Prayers for that.

neely neely I hope for safety and peace for all too.:grouphug2:
Thank you about my ,”sis”. She is some better and sounded stronger today. Yay!
Banjo and Thrasher are so adorable. Content kitties makes me so happy! They deserve to rest with the sweetest of dreams. They have earned that.
tabbytom tabbytom Rescue cats are the best breed! Yes! A friend is working to rescue three Persian cats but when she speaks of them she simply tells of how sweet these rescues are. The breed is rescue. Floof rescues!! I have been a little busy here but hope to help her on that. I gave her a lead to help on a doggie rescue too. I hope that worked. I don’t usually do dog rescues these days but someone had just mentioned to me about getting a dog for a horse farm to replace one that passed and this is an older dog that would have been PTS if she had not taken it for vet care. It might be the perfect match. Maybe they will take the kitties too!
Don’t make a mouse of yourself! Lololololol Very good advice!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote I know the story of the Passion flower. Beautiful story for a beautiful flower. I have not seen the red form except in pictures but I love the colors in your. Your husband chose well. Very thoughtful of him.
As tabbytom tabbytom Said, β€œ another door will be opened for you.” A better path must be in store for you. I am sorry it wasn’t solved immediately but I do believe that there must be something better ahead for you. Just keep going and hold to your faith. We will all hold on with you. There is strength in numbers.
Your garden must really be something! More beautiful flowers! Ahhh. I can feel the relaxing vibe.

rubysmama rubysmama Happy cat month?!?!? That explains today! Coming up!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Strong enough? Lol I will never give up as long as I draw a breath!! We may get tired, we may get frustrated and we may age but we never give up.;)

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I know it does get hard and we do worry. We all do. If we weren’t the kind of person to worry, would we be reaching out to take care of kitties or just assume they would find a way?Caring, loving people do worry but they also work to try and find answers. I think you are going to like the upcoming smile post! You are so right. Always remember to take a deep breath and admire the sunsets! That kitty with the crazy fur do is so adorable!
Your challenges are not less, just different. We all face different ines

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Recently I got a rep on the phone for a company and, as I always seem to do, got on the topic of cats. The young lady was in another country and her neighbor feeds many cats. The rep asked me some questions about cat health and feeding and I was greatly impressed. Her neighbor goes out and catches fish for the cats! She is an older lady and I told the rep how much I admire her neighbor. I hinted that maybe she could assist on fishing day. The rep became very interested and I believe that she will be of some help. I did mention making rice an added ingredient to stretch the resources.
Oh no! I am so very sorry! I know the loss of your Aunt is quite a blow. My heart and prayers are with you, as they always are but I will concentrate them more to be of some comfort to you as you go through this. Sending purrs and love. Lots and lots of it. You don’t need to respond to the upcoming post but I do hope you see it. I know it will have meaning for you. Perhaps it happened on this day so it could be put here now. It is something that I think will help us all today.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Me too!

pearl99 pearl99 That was a sweet thing to do. The video is one that touches us. I hope it helped.

We will all be here for each other. Love lives among us.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As everyone here knows, I fight my battles too. What I haven’t mentioned is that there was a litter of kittens that showed up recently. No mom cat to take care of them although a neighborhood Tom was guarding them. I noticed he was staying in my yard constantly. There was a reason. Four little furry reasons! He led them to me. They needed food and help. You also know that I set the limit of cats I can care for here. What to do? I had been contacting every shelter and rescue that I know or could find. The kittens were scary but came for food. I straightened up my old feral shelter by the back door and they settled in. Every Foster shelter was full. Kitten season is in right now. I was scrambling to figure out how I could shuffle cats around if I could not find help but really, there was no good answer evident. I kept working to gain the trust of the babies. The Tom helped and observed my work to make sure I was doing things right. I did the day shift and he took the nights. Lol He slept nearby during the day and I tucked them all in late at night. This morning I made one more desperate attempt and re sent all pictures and info that I had. Most responses were, β€œ good luck!” Finally I called the specialty cat food store where I had bought the food Banjo needed when she first got sick. Again, I was told that all shelters were full including the one they normally recommend. I called my vet to see if I could board the babies until a health check could be done. I waited to hear. While I waited I called the shelter mentioned above. I described to the woman the details and she said,” I think I heard about you looking for help for them!” Let me paws a minute here for a backstory. Way back in this thread I spoke of a Foster that helped me. Then I spoke of her needing help for her β€œFoster Fail” that was a hydrocephalic kitten named ET. She and I have had a long and supportive relationship since she first helped me with some kittens and a cat named Jazzy who was verrry pregnant. Many, many cats between us later and it was she who had mentioned me to this woman. My Foster friend is now about to go through Chemo but she took the time to reach out to help! Because of her, the kittens were rescued today and within less than an hour of my catching them (only took about five minutes to get all four!) they were off to a rescue! The rescue group even uses my vet! I have made a new contact and my contact has a new supporter in me! I sent her off with a donation and some cases of cat food. Lol She is my age, she has the same ideas about joining forces as rescuers and as individuals doing this on our own and we swapped many stories in the short time she was here. The kittens never complained once, seemed purrfectly content and brought us together. Can it get any more amazing? Yes. Look at the kitties! Each one allowed me to pick them up and place them in the carrier. Wow!

After I discovered them at my back door.
16370B8D-F6B8-44F7-A36F-FAE102F4DF02.jpeg

A place to eat under cover but away from where the were sleeping.
E45CAFBB-4850-42C4-A174-BD8BE978A18A.jpeg

After they discovered me! Lol
17D67401-51AA-4AE9-B0E3-79EFCABCEF71.jpeg

I’ve been seen!
ABDB3D11-2E7F-4259-8307-6E4EC26F71BD.jpeg

Practice eating inside a carrier.
C3240F0B-AEC2-4BAB-8383-7B64427B6E7C.jpeg

Sitting in the plate disguises the food!
2FD56179-DA0A-4289-9BB0-1D70B6D911E3.jpeg

Unless your siblings eat around your bottom. Lol
6EF84AD0-AD87-4F09-98A9-E3C95B1189CD.jpeg

Time to find a place to wash up.
23BF5DF9-F9D2-4AE7-9DEB-B3F7D552D739.jpeg

Even baby kitties can do a good clean up. Or is this just sampling leftovers? Lol
26CA6641-E303-46C4-91E8-C2C55F235D69.jpeg

Another day of practice?
FB5067EC-1E34-4E44-BDBF-E9C52F759998.jpeg

Hey siblings! Does the sky look different today?
618781AB-80FE-4117-B4E9-4F686BF84713.jpeg

Who cares! The food is here!
15CCB813-E9A8-4477-AA09-17B5760D7409.jpeg

I tell you guys, something outside looks different!
E98E33E3-BFEF-4B73-BCD0-663818BB0ED0.jpeg

Who cares! The food is good, I tell you!
396B795B-F15E-44DC-ACAD-981B905CE581.jpeg

Whoa! Staring at these bars can make you go cross eyed!
65105D3B-CC1A-4617-B247-62376BA00A86.jpeg

Then stop staring!
4E10E89A-ED18-4706-BE7C-4E5A995EA5F8.jpeg

I can’t help myself. Look at that!
E6F34F90-3DD8-4967-975E-FF35E9ECA336.jpeg

I’m staring but I just don’t see how it makes you cross eyed.
85F24A78-BC20-402D-A5D5-621F827B1531.jpeg

I think you have to look up.
115545BF-3EB0-4B2F-87E2-11496E00225E.jpeg

Hi little kitty!
9BC561D9-2A90-4F81-8C9E-98C8F59BC42F.jpeg

Awwww. I am getting petted by a kitten!
2C5CC1F6-5B08-407A-816B-32A086A4F80A.jpeg

Hey! You tricked me. I’m supposed to be the one getting petted!
5BC866AB-5D52-4478-9DCD-00D18ED66F49.jpeg

If I could reach you, I would eat you!
BD3D6233-238B-4CE3-BDCA-9430000AB53C.jpeg

Uh Oh! Here comes a good petting!
7CCCAA9F-8C17-4289-B8EC-02E15751DECF.jpeg

How about toys? Do you kittens play?
07EA831D-68C2-4F91-876C-86F008F894EB.jpeg

I don’t know. Is that something to eat?
58AEAE2A-4D96-4879-91D7-8F57EBA4DE0B.jpeg

What are these things?
EE8387FB-2C0F-4973-AF5F-525929C02083.jpeg

They didn’t fly down like birds.
C5142C3E-EC74-46F8-95C1-53A6561EF875.jpeg

Did they wiggle in like bugs?
F2443CB9-1540-4272-93AA-D159BA27CCCE.jpeg

They smell different. Kind of like a plant.
4E938F43-4E08-4FE2-9A5E-EF885CF9248D.jpeg

Practicing is over little kitties!
E021DA63-DC5C-415F-A8FC-99C749FD49F3.jpeg

Now for a real petting. I have to say good bye!
9B41A087-F97A-47D7-9884-8FE1EE7541ED.jpeg

Are you leaving us?
485F6BEF-3D5A-4DA9-BB9C-0EDC1B13D00F.jpeg

No little one. You are going where there won’t be any more fleas, no more being scared and you’ll have lots of food and love all the time!

That’s sounds great to us! Hurry up hooman!
2D07FDE6-D1E7-497D-9B08-9A2EA770E9C0.jpeg

OMG!
9D2E8759-B8CE-45AE-816D-1278DF57EF6B.jpeg

I think I need a kleenex. Happy endings always produce happy tears!
8E143342-CEC5-4C3C-881A-D783A05235E4.jpeg

Happy ending for four little kittens and for the hooman that didn’t know what to do. I’m quite sure that Banjo and Froggie arranged it all.

From out of the shadows comes light. Never, ever give up.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Can it get any more amazing? Yes. Look at the kitties! Each one allowed me to pick them up and place them in the carrier. Wow! I think I need a kleenex. Happy endings always produce happy tears!
Amazing and wondrous all in one! :heartshape: Happy tears are the best kind. They come when we are touched by something near and dear to our heart. Thanks to you and your foster friend the kittens will go on to find their forever homes. Best wishes for your friend as she is about to undergo chemo. πŸ™

Status
Not open for further replies.