I see something.
9AF3EA47-64EC-438A-AFD0-0FFD99E657CE.jpeg

Should I report it to the hooman?
244F6058-4E3D-4112-9FB7-FEA9438B6563.jpeg

She seems to know already!
36C06B1D-1AF0-47AF-8542-3CDEE73C9848.jpeg

What should I do?
02A03626-8A8D-4083-8134-9FF608EFF679.jpeg

There’s only one thing I can think of now.
9C524B47-00A6-4909-B43B-E52F24DD4202.jpeg

Banjo!!!!! Come quick and bring the camera!
6BFF733F-1790-41E8-B6B4-89C26FEF2546.jpeg

Whistle is calling me?
FC616462-7E0F-4F04-9959-FBBAB2A7E4CE.jpeg

I can’t let a photo opportunity get by me! Let me the camera ready. I could be a famous photographer someday!!
6AD599CA-574E-4AF2-AD76-C37986FC2A28.jpeg

This will take some stealth on my part.
446C1478-4010-4250-B7FB-F4FB0FD825A5.jpeg

I can hide to get secret photos!
DF638E5B-3F6C-4A28-B6DC-9E4E73E8C8E3.jpeg

I wonder if the hooman can see me now?!
8D022E77-76EB-4D0A-8718-2F61EC8394A2.jpeg

Ahhh, Banjo? You are behind my legs!
:headscratch: :camera: :bicolorcat: :lol:
To be continued………

KittenBarn13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I'm glad you're trying to do something! We take feral cats in my county and give them a home in our equestrian center. Kittens love goats, chickens, and horses more than you'd ever think! We treat them like family there, they get names, they get posts on our facility's social medias, all that. They love it there!

I'm glad you're trying to be part of the solution! I'm trying for that myself, and we will have anywhere between 0-36 kittens soon enough to re-home. We waited a little too long to spay 3 of our females, and they are probably pregnant! I hate to be contributing to the feral cat problem, but I'm so glad I get to be a grandpa! Plus, I'm making sure they each get good homes with people I trust

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Huh...I've never seen those then. I don't think we have them around here, I would have to make them
Google them. They can be ordered online, but not sure what brand would be best. I've always made my own. One of the best things my mom ever taught me!

BIG NEWS from my corner of the world...the bad-ish first. Spawn One has COVID, but is almost over it. He has Omicron, but was fully vaxxed and boosted, and says it wasn't bad, at all. Good news...while Spawn One has been recovering, his wife has given birth to Briggs. He was born yesterday, February 4, 8 pounds, 2 ounces. Kailyn will be staying with her mother until Drew is no longer shedding the virus. He's having a cleaning team come in to sanitize the house before they come home. He says the worst part is not being able to get his hands on Briggs. LOL, "Mom, MY HANDS ITCH, I want to hold him so bad!" Good sign, that.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
BIG NEWS from my corner of the world...the bad-ish first. Spawn One has COVID, but is almost over it. He has Omicron, but was fully vaxxed and boosted, and says it wasn't bad, at all. Good news...while Spawn One has been recovering, his wife has given birth to Briggs. He was born yesterday, February 4, 8 pounds, 2 ounces. Kailyn will be staying with her mother until Drew is no longer shedding the virus. He's having a cleaning team come in to sanitize the house before they come home. He says the worst part is not being able to get his hands on Briggs. LOL, "Mom, MY HANDS ITCH, I want to hold him so bad!" Good sign, that.
Speedy recovery for Spawn One :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:and
a8f30cd90e7852dc8a02b5f34a3f6673.jpg
on the arrival of a new bundle of joy!:wavey::wavey::wavey:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
In response to @Jcatbirds query: 20220205_052708.jpg
Pooping, peeing, playing, enjoying going outside , drinking and eating wet and dry as normal again! Although she enjoys lounging in her box like a Roman Empress while her beloved minions hold the bowl of wet for her breakfast pleasure, regular routine for lunch & dinner. The Churu I used as mix ins helped us get her back to eating. Last few days was able to backdown to using them just for nightly probiotics again. Back to 2 Greenies or 2 Temptations crushed as mealtime toppers. These were taken 1/31/2022, her sass is back.
20220205_053012.jpg 20220205_052756.jpg
These were taken after the foot of snow we got Wednesday, check out the overhand from blowing snow.
Screenshot_20220205-053218_Gallery.jpg 20220205_052911.jpg 20220205_052928.jpg
Thanks for checking on us. Stay warm and dry everybody.
20220205_052641.jpg

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Google them. They can be ordered online, but not sure what brand would be best. I've always made my own. One of the best things my mom ever taught me!

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:for Drew and Congratulations for New baby Briggs :cheerleader::clap2::clap::bouquet:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird I'm glad you're trying to do something! We take feral cats in my county and give them a home in our equestrian center. Kittens love goats, chickens, and horses more than you'd ever think! We treat them like family there, they get names, they get posts on our facility's social medias, all that. They love it there!

I'm glad you're trying to be part of the solution! I'm trying for that myself, and we will have anywhere between 0-36 kittens soon enough to re-home. We waited a little too long to spay 3 of our females, and they are probably pregnant! I hate to be contributing to the feral cat problem, but I'm so glad I get to be a grandpa! Plus, I'm making sure they each get good homes with people I trust
:hellosmiley: :hithere::welcomesign:
:bouquet:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good news...while Spawn One has been recovering, his wife has given birth to Briggs. He was born yesterday, February 4, 8 pounds, 2 ounces.
Congratulations, Grandma! :bouquet: That is BIG news and the best kind of news too.:heartshape: I hope your son, Drew, will be able to hold his newborn boy, Briggs, soon and can be rejoined with mom, Kailyn. Please keep us posted on their reunion. :hugs:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I knew you were gonna say that. :lol: I should try dessert again to see if I changed my mind. Maybe an apple fritter or piece of apple crumble pie? Or crumb cake...
Fruit type desserts might be for you. Apple crisp, with some vanilla ice cream?

Congrats!!! My heart is hurting for your DIL, though. The only support person I wanted by my side giving birth was my husband, and the idea of having to do it alone or with someone else just sounds horrific. :hugs:

I hope you get to see Mr Briggs soon, and enjoy him while he's a little potato before he gets big enough to get into everything. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are the cheese straws I referred to as well.
Can you make them? Maybe we'll have them together someday?

Actually, I am fairly easy to cook for. I just get things before the seasonings are added.
Blah! Sounds boring...

I got home I began to experiment on my own to learn what I could eat. After a bit of healing time, my list expanded
What is a typical dinner for you? Curious...

I like a meal and never have room for dessert!
Same! Big plate of food with everything all on one dinner plate.

Thank you. I did my very best to give her a good life. That mattered most of all to me.
I know, you are one of those rare people who is happiest when helping others & making their life better. I will never forget it.

Yes. I want you to! Never give up. Belief is something we chose to hold close. I hope you chose that. I believe you will. I believe enough for us both.
I will try, but I need you to keep reminding me so I can get there...

Frozen lemonade!
I prefer warm drinks like cappuccino, even in summer.

suspect she is more likely to just order her a joke book!:lol: Another opportunity for Banjo to shop.
Girl after my own heart!

Having any creature suffer is awful! !!!!
Yes, unfortunately I know suffering all too well. But maybe it will end soon...

I do my best to stay well for them. They need me to open cans!
I need you to stay well too!

They can be ordered online, but not sure what brand would be best.
Would they taste okay like that and travel okay through the mail? Or is fresh cooked best?

He's having a cleaning team come in to sanitize the house before they come home.
Well you know I love that idea! I love cleanliness.

I used to like crumb cake, or apple pie with crumbs on top.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've taken to cutting up some apple and sauteing it in butter till softened then add some cinnamon and maybe brown sugar if they're not sweet apples. So good on a cold winter day. Good topper for french toast, pancakes, with the aforementioned ice cream...

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
K KittenBarn13 Welcome to the site and to this thread!!:wave3::welcomesign:
I did see your thread and I know how much you care about the kitties. It is so great to have many of us out there who are trying to solve the problems of kitties without shelter, food and proper care. Not to mention love! We have stable kitties in some places here and I know that kitties and other animals love each other too. Animals are so smart. They appreciate love, wherever it comes from.
So kittens are coming? Well, I know you want to cut down on the population but we can’t always catch every cat before that happens. The flip side is that precious little kittens will be loved. Maybe they can be socialized and adopted into loving homes? Kittens are so cute and funny. They can then be spayed or neutered so another generation will not appear. Hopefully the litters will be small but healthy. I know that being a kitten Grandpa will bring great pleasure and lots of smiles!
Thank you so much for telling us about kitties where you live. We all welcome you as another person who is doing all they can to help and love kitties! We do what we can! Together there is strength in numbers and we can make a change in our world for the better. :thanks::clap2::goldstar:Please do tell us more about the ferals there and keep us updated. A photo or two would be nice too!:)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Oh no and Oh yes! No to COVID and being away from Mom and baby but Yes!!!!!! to a new little one in the family! Briggs! Engine running and ready to be loved by many! I know you are excited. Poor Mom and Dad to be separated right now but maybe that will make it even sweeter when the family is reunited? This is so wonderful! Congratulations to you and the whole family! :hellosmiley:Briggs! You have lots of aunties and uncles here!! Lots of well wishes and love too.:heartshape: Get well quick Drew! Rest and recover Kailyn!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Gypsy has her swagger back! She looks so much better. Perky! Lol Happy tail and she is exploring again. She has a bit of her question tail on too!:clap2:
That overhang of snow looks intimidating! Look out below!
I see that Gypsy has been walking in the snow! She is definitely back to her usual self! Yay!!!!!

Lari Lari Fruit type deserts are the best! That might bejust the thing. Fruit salad here is just a mixture of small junks of fruits mixed together. Ambrosia is something that is made around holidays and it is yummy too! Heh. Now I want fruit! Lol

Enjoy Briggs while he is a little potato. Lol Good point!

M maggiedemi Yes. We can make cheese straws. They may ship just fine. I don’t know because they are always made here but some bakeries sell them. Maybe , if a bakery is near when you do get out again, you could look.

A typical meal? Lol That varies greatly! Besides, if I have another person around, it changes drastically. Cooking for one is much different. For me breakfast is juice and eggs with toast or juice with toast and peanut butter. I like things like pancakes but who cooks those for one?
I like to fix things like stews. They can be fixed in a large amount but then provide meals for a few days. I get some vegetable broths in that way. I have posted before about chicken and rice. Rice is a staple for me. I don’t eat that a lot but it is a dish I can have so that’s a plus. I can eat potatoes so they figure in and can be cooked in any way. Fruit is a part when I can include it. Bananas are safe for me. As I said, it varies greatly. Lol

True. I am happiest when active, in nature or just sharing a bit of laughter or a smile with someone or some creature. Helping others also helps us. Works both ways! It makes the world a little nicer. We all need that.

I will keep reminding you.
When I had others here I cooked a lot. Apple pie from scratch! Pot pies too with gravy extra on the side! Mmmmm. Homemade butter and bread. Cornbread! Corn soufflé!!!! Lightest soufflé ever! Oh! I make a very light lemon cookie that is super! Like lemon air in your mouth! Not overly sweet either. I haven’t made them in a long time but maybe you would like one every now and then.

I do my best to stay well. Don’t we all? If not, we should be! The kitties and everyone here need us all.

I had a mental image of you and Banjo shopping. Online but also out shopping. Lolol Banjo carrying the phone and credit card in a little purse like Sarah enjoyed. Lol Car keys jingling from her paw. Maybe that image could be one you store away for future grins!

pearl99 pearl99 That is an excellent idea. My Dad loves stuff like that. Growing up, he always finished a meal with ice cream if he could. Lol Toppings made it special. Long ago we made our ice cream too. Summer treat! My mom loved fruit with pancakes. Blueberry pancakes appeared at times. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now. Back to Banjo observing the world from behind hooman legs! Lol Something going on in the house! Photos coming!

If I pretend to be an owl, maybe I will scare it away! Does my fur look like feathers?
7D75992E-F307-408D-8A80-8A9DD082FD48.jpeg

It just looks fluffy?
B44CA319-6924-4814-B0BB-8E60A43F38FA.jpeg

Soooooooo…..
778C2DF6-6D66-4DB2-89A9-7327BB3EB53B.jpeg

If I cry like a baby, will it go away?!
C6DD2188-3575-42F2-A2F8-16C81A0F801C.jpeg

Protect me hooman! I am just a little fellow!
12939027-52BA-430A-8765-644C2A1FF85B.jpeg

It’s coming closer. The fur on the back of my head is standing up!
5E393F04-4FE2-4AFD-AAEA-18DC77E41414.jpeg

I’ll try the Whistle, feral method. If I don’t look at it, maybe it won’t see me!
70D7FF20-1A13-4BD0-8D5D-261E49FE0992.jpeg

It sees me.
9A466DC8-5E3E-44C1-955E-BA3A75CEB632.jpeg

Oh my goodness! It’s here! Hold very still hooman. If we run, it might chase us.
A09FB55A-3EDB-459C-BB8D-008707D96A46.jpeg

What is this?
C2B1AA51-057B-4E0F-8321-6F88DDC359A0.jpeg

It is hooman and has a treat!
E7B358B3-02C5-4C38-BAC9-0BF93DDAB63F.jpeg

I will accept the treat.
15654763-49B5-4995-85E6-8357E2B0C34C.jpeg

It offers a hand!
3FFE0171-F828-4459-9685-81401E213CFD.jpeg

An ear scratch? Okay. I allow this because you had a treat!
C35ADE4E-1B46-4236-BC3C-285D691D128A.jpeg

You pet my head?
F6D1453D-1A5B-427D-AFE4-49C3CDA5D728.jpeg

So, where’s the next treat?
631B8904-2DD5-497E-80C7-972C9B70BBF2.jpeg

Hooman! Did you see that? I allowed pets and did not get another treat! No more free pets from strangers!
067CB452-74EF-4E58-93DD-080951C40B31.jpeg

Next time buddy, bring the whole bag if you want to make friends here!
D9B617A7-491F-444C-B132-48EB9288819E.jpeg

Uh oh! Looks like Baby Bonnie was expecting a little more! Banjo caught the whole thing from her vantage point. She definitely caught the cat speak Bonnie was putting out! Lol I wonder if any of the cats will approve? Company kitties! Any takers?
Keep watching Banjo! To be continued…….
:bicolorcat:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I've taken to cutting up some apple and sauteing it in butter till softened then add some cinnamon and maybe brown sugar if they're not sweet apples. So good on a cold winter day. Good topper for french toast, pancakes, with the aforementioned ice cream...
Sounds delicious! I'm going to try it for Gypsys dad for an ice cream topper 😸😽💝

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cutting up some apple and sauteing it in butter till softened then add some cinnamon and maybe brown sugar if they're not sweet apples. So good on a cold winter day. Good topper for french toast, pancakes
That sounds good. I might like that better than dessert. Might be a little less sweet. I do like pancakes & French toast! Do you still put Syrup on the pancakes or just the apple topping? 🍎

trying to solve the problems of kitties without shelter, food and proper care. Not to mention love!
Hmmm....This sounds familiar...Somebody I know does this with kitties & humans.;)

I know that kitties and other animals love each other too.
Demi loves other animals, even dogs and raccoons. :vancat:

eggs with toast or juice with toast and peanut butter. I like things like pancakes but who cooks those for one?
I like to fix things like stews. They can be fixed in a large amount but then provide meals for a few days. I get some vegetable broths in that way. I have posted before about chicken and rice. Rice is a staple for me. I don’t eat that a lot but it is a dish I can have so that’s a plus. I can eat potatoes so they figure in and can be cooked in any way. Fruit is a part when I can include it. Bananas
Well I like most of that stuff- eggs, pancakes, rice, potatoes, toast, peanut butter, veggie stew, rice, bananas/fruit. I just need my condiments and I would be fine.👍 Can you have Mayo, Honey, Syrup, Butter, Soy Sauce, Salt, Pepper, Mustard? Is your toast gluten free always? What vegetables can you have? Does the pot pie have to be gluten free?

Pot pies too with gravy extra on the side!
Pot Pies are my favorite! But remember the gravy has to be vegetarian. :thumbsup:

bread. Cornbread! Corn soufflé!
Yum! I don't think I ever had a corn souffle, what is that? Can you have corn now? 🌽

I had a mental image of you and Banjo shopping. Online but also out shopping. Lolol Banjo carrying the phone and credit card
I love any kind of shopping. Especially if Banjo is bringing the credit card. :clap2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.