My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. Just dropping in. Hope all is well. Here are a few more cat jokes to tickle the funny bone.🤣😂🤣 It has been a stressful week for me so far, hopefully things will get better.

Well, take care
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Why do cats always get their way? They are very purr-suasive!

How do two cats end a fight? They hiss and make up!

What is a cat's favorite movie? The Sound of Mewsic!

What did the cat say when it was confused? "I'm purr-plexed!"

Where does a cat go when it loses its tail? The re-tail store!

How do cats stop crimes? They call Claw Enforcement!

Why was the cat so agitated? Because he was in a bad mewd!
😺😸😹

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Drew sent me a short video of Briggs to my phone, but it's too large to email to myself and get on my computer, and, although the video shows up on my photos, it does NOT show up on my photos when I try to post it to TCS via my phone.
As much as I'd love to see a video of your precious grandson, Briggs, Lari Lari has a point about checking with Drew before posting on TCS. Do you have any idea when you'll get to see Briggs in person?

Jcatbird Jcatbird Thrasher looks so unbelievably content in his pose on the sofa. He sure is living the Life of Riley now. :cloud9:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom That is absolutely precious! A helping paw. That’s what cats do best.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Boiled peanuts are so great. The only problem is, once you start eating them, you don’t want to stop! I grew up eating them and Mom was the best at cooking them.
How frustrating to have the video of Briggs but not be able to transfer it to the computer.
Maybe the kind help from Lari Lari will do the trick!
Daddy in miniature! :)

M maggiedemi Muffin has a couple of nicknames. Muppa is the other one. Lol

No. I won’t let go. Keep your feet on the ground though. My arms are old. Lol;) :hugs:
I wish I lived closer too. Real close.

There is always a metaphor for you.

You are protected and you have inner strength that you don’t see. Believe. Love yourself as we do and your cats do. The other love surrounds you too. Think of it as a bubble that protects you in spite of anything around you. Imagine it is safe and warm and healing. Get well. You are needed.

Boiled peanuts are normally just boiled in salt water but the more recent trend is one you would love! Hot spice! Lolololol The peanuts have the typical peanut flavor but boiled to make them soft and juicy. Ummmm. I can eat a whole bowl full!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I love that video too! It shows kitty caring and love.

I can only imagine being deprived of the main flavor of everything you ever ate! I know how hard it is to give up the things that give us pleasure.

Banjo thanks you! Lol She is always into something. Thrasher is a beautiful subject. I think Banjo was hoping for some action shots. Lol Perhaps she will “dream up” something?

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Things will get better. I am so sorry stress is high. I totally sympathize! A good joke is a good way to smile away some stress. Mackie is all about reducing stress. ;) Hang in there.
The Sound of Mewsic! Lolololololol I get a lot of Mewsic around here!
Re tail store! Lololololol
Awwww. Hiss and make up! Tee her. I laughed and I know Mackie will too! Thank you for the giggles!
Maybe the smile post tonight will be relaxing? I know Banjo will try.

neely neely Thrasher was totally relaxed. For a cat that spent many years as a feral in a high risk situation, you sure can’t tell it now! That cat went through so many awful things, it is amazing to see such a content kitty now. It does my heart good. The world can completely change for the better if just one person cares.:heartshape:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Please help me pray for our Pepsi.He is rushed today to the vet. It happened so fast. Yesterday he was just happy doing the zoomies, then in the afternoon he started vomiting, and my son noticed his penis was reddish. Since it was already late, Pepsi was only brought to the vet this morning. But the clinic lacked proper equipments so he had to be taken to another one. I am waiting for my son's update from my home country but as he said earlier Pepsi could be taken in for surgery. He had not eaten since yesterday. I could not sleep last night, worrying.
26709583-B1A9-409C-82F6-5BAD4F239710.jpeg
A1E52CB2-123A-416C-8D20-8E6E16EFACBE.jpeg
26709583-B1A9-409C-82F6-5BAD4F239710.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great example of how feral cats can be socialized no matter what their age. Banjo and Thrasher experienced so many harsh experiences and yet they are content, happy and love being inside kitties. Muffin was brought in at a younger age and most people understand that feral kittens can adapt. She’s a happy girl too. Banjo was an older kitten but Thrasher was an older kitty and had been a mother cat several times over before I got her. As most here know, Thrasher had one more bad experience outside and Banjo did too. I have been greatly blessed to be given their trust and to have the chance to know the beauty, adaptability and intelligence inside them and each of the ferals that have come into my life. Feral? To me, all cats are loving cats , social in their own way, whether they started life inside or out.

This post is given to us by these feral and rescued kitties.:lovecat:I smile every day thanks to them. I hope you do too.

From the minds of kitties…..

A flower would be a good prop to use to get sweet pictures of Thrasher! This is my dream!
5361FB84-7E63-4B0E-841B-41F61C987524.jpeg

Thrasher……. Look!
DA9842C1-CD89-47F2-8F12-44F03DB039AE.jpeg

A flower for you!
CB5A4CA5-B2F1-495E-88B2-5204E31D388D.jpeg

Oooo! Nice!
B30C2CDB-45BF-472D-BFA6-BFE8B0224B24.jpeg

Beautiful!
FBB04944-2E8A-4F05-9AE0-D812191C896A.jpeg

Is this a pose Banjo?
4AF9E360-35B4-46DA-AD5E-E62B40DE99A3.jpeg

It reminds me of birds and dancing in leaves!
6D7C740A-86BA-4553-BD9B-4A2C1FC906A8.jpeg

I like flowers better on the sofa though. It’s warm and cuddly in here.
27A41CBF-3633-4104-96A1-52E37B8948AC.jpeg

Also….. I don’t have to eat bugs with the birds anymore. Lolololol
514471E6-720F-47A4-A336-027A9F6EEA07.jpeg

I wouldn’t mind tasting the flower though!
0A8EDCBC-E377-4AFF-BB6E-1EF40507518D.jpeg

Hey! I want the flower too!
74DCFFB7-E220-4D79-9FFD-8BBFD586C274.jpeg

Come on up Muffin! I am a feral who shares.
566F7814-5B24-4EEF-805A-7FF207E90EA4.jpeg

(Just so everyone knows, that is a cat safe type of flower. Not all flowers are safe for cats. That one came from Chewy! Thank you Chewy for remembering our loss. :angelcat:)

It just so happened that today I was outside when a Brown Thrasher flew down out of a tree to dance in the leaves. A friend to our Thrasher when she was a feral baby in the woods. Sorry the photo is bad but the bird was quite a distance away.
81E7834C-284C-4CA1-B36B-E867B17A13EF.jpeg

Dreams that ferals dream?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you have any idea when you'll get to see Briggs in person?
I do not, drat it. Probably when he's walking, at this rate. Although I may have found an apartment building I can tolerate.

Love yourself as we do and your cats do.
And remember...when a cat loves and trusts you, it means that you are both loveable and trustworthy! They do not give those things lightly!

Maria Bayote Maria Bayote For Pepsi:

00LitCandle.jpeg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Trying to catch up a little.
Good to see you. Noticed you were missing for a bit. :redheartpump:

Hello everyone. Just dropping in.
Good to see you too. :redheartpump:

Boiled peanuts are normally just boiled in salt water but the more recent trend is one you would love! Hot spice! Lolololol The peanuts have the typical peanut flavor but boiled to make them soft and juicy. Ummmm. I can eat a whole bowl full!
Are these like regular peanuts in the shell? You boil them until they're soft and juicy? Not sure that sounds very appealing. :dunno:

Please help me pray for our Pepsi.He is rushed today to the vet.
Sending healing vibes for Pepsi. Keep us posted on how he's doing. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

(Just so everyone knows, that is a cat safe type of flower. Not all flowers are safe for cats. That one came from Chewy!
Artificial flower? Very pretty. As is, of course, the kitty. :redheartpump:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been a stressful week for me so far, hopefully things will get better.
I hope things get better for us too...

I grew up eating them and Mom was the best at cooking them.
Wish I could have met your mom. I never got to have a mother like that. But maybe I will leave here someday and meet more people like you and your mom...

Muffin has a couple of nicknames. Muppa is the other one.
Hmmmm....Not sure if I like that one. What does it mean? Muppet?

I wish I lived closer too. Real close.
Yes, but maybe we can still figure a way to get me out of here. It just seems so expensive, but maybe it can happen.

You are protected and you have inner strength that you don’t see. Believe. Love yourself
I'm just so tired though. I do love myself and my cats. I hope we can get something better soon...

Get well. You are needed.
It's hard to get well here when I don't have what I need. But I will keep trying, or try to leave soon...

Boiled peanuts are normally just boiled in salt water but the more recent trend is one you would love! Hot spice!
You sure do have some interesting foods down south! I'd like to try them...

went through so many awful things, it is amazing to see such a content
Another life metaphor for me?...Hope it comes true...

spent many years as a feral in a high risk situation, you sure can’t tell it now
And yet another life metaphor for me?...Hope it comes true also...

Please help me pray for our Pepsi.He is rushed today to the vet.
Prayers sent up.

Is this a pose Banjo?
Those are some pretty fancy photos!

I may have found an apartment building I can tolerate.
Are you moving? What state?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely great PAWverb, tabbytom tabbytom and TYSM for sharing with us!
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote *PRAYERS* from the heart for sweet PEPSI!
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you so much! IDK what happened but often threads I follow just stop updating via email. No idea why. I do have a VPN and maybe that's the matter.
Jcatbird Jcatbird A beauty for a beauty! I miss the thrashers in the Mojave. Some of them nested under our huge Spanish broom and pretty much killed half of it, but I did always love seeing these birds.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Pepsi is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it is nothing that serious, maybe he ingested something that made him sick and he will recover quickly. I really hope this is the case.
This is for Pepsi.
f60c3695f32c8c2a13516c4ebed20086.gif

Jcatbird Jcatbird I agree 1000% with what you posted about the socialization of ferals. I have one in the back yard who is a lap cat believe it or not. I also have others that always come near me and rub up against my legs and allow me to pet them. I also seen shier cats come around. If I could take them in, I would have a house of lovely kitties like you do. What a blessing!❤
M maggiedemi Hang in there. Learning to deal with stress and adversity produces character. It really sucks when you are in the thick of things, but you come away stronger than before. 💪🙂
rubysmama rubysmama I am happy to be here, although there are days where it is a real struggle to get to the site because things are going on. Thanks.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Please help me pray for our Pepsi.He is rushed today to the vet. It happened so fast. Yesterday he was just happy doing the zoomies, then in the afternoon he started vomiting, and my son noticed his penis was reddish. Since it was already late, Pepsi was only brought to the vet this morning. But the clinic lacked proper equipments so he had to be taken to another one. I am waiting for my son's update from my home country but as he said earlier Pepsi could be taken in for surgery. He had not eaten since yesterday. I could not sleep last night, worrying.
View attachment 410290View attachment 410291View attachment 410290
💗🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :bicolorcat:
20220210_013957.jpg

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. Much love from me and my family.

Pepsi has been confined. He is under monitoring. Has not eaten yet but is on dextrose.
A28BF49B-B8F1-4EAD-AF4D-20B651E91274.jpeg

His diagnosis:
FLUTD
Cystolithiasis/ Urolithiasis
UTI
Urinary Bladder Atony
Idiopathic Cystitis

i have no idea what some of them are so I had to google.

Yesterday when he arrived at the second vet clinic he was already unresponsive. His temp was way too low and the doctors had to wrap him with some warm blanket. In a few minutes my son said he wagged his tail once and meowed once but so softly. As I read my son's update I was weeping. Could not concentrate on work. This morning they said he got up. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom We definitely can learn from cats!
The Pawverb are always so true! Cats are everything on that list and more. They are pure love.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I hope you find a place that you not only can tolerate but love. Also that takes you close to Briggs!

rubysmama rubysmama Boiled peanuts are eating peanut butter before it gets turned into butter. The peanuts are kind of like tender roasted ones? Lol Hard to describe and not for everyone but properly cooked, yummy. Maybe it’s more of a southern thing? Lol
Thrasher is blushing! She thanks you for the compliment.

neely neely Yes! All hopes for Pepsi.

Lari Lari Yes! Prayers for Pepsi.

M maggiedemi You will meet more people that care! Hang on, hold tight and hug kitties.
Muppa really does not mean anything. It just happened. Lol She is a bit of a Muppet though.

I know you are tired. I really do know. I get tired too but new days do come. Look how far you have come over so many years and you have remained a wonderful human. Many would not have done that.

Yes. Metaphors. The cats are good examples to us all. They stay true to being loving creatures and they don’t give up. New days can come for them too.

Maybe some southern food would taste good to you?

Fancy photos. Lol Thrasher is just a beautiful kitty.:)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have bought where I don’t get alerts too. I have no idea why. I’m glad you are here!
I do love Thrashers. Furred or feathered. Thrasher loves them too! Lol

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Yes! Prayers for Pepsi!

Status
Not open for further replies.