My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for fries, I like crispy fries, so wouldn't like anything that makes them soggy. Gravy on mashed potatoes is delicious though.
Ask for the gravy on the side, then dunk the crispy fry in it. I think most restaurant gravy isn't vegetarian though. 🙁
I put catsup (ketchup) on fried okra.
Yum! 👍

therefore cottage cheese would actually be "curds and whey."
Cool bit of info! Thanks. :thumbsup:

I can’t eat anything with tomatoes so I never developed a taste for it.
That would surely kill me! 😲 Gotta have my tomato products.

Peanut butter on Ritz crackers was a big thing when I was little. I prefer Captains wafers now.
I never thought of Ritz as cheese crackers. I mostly eat Saltines. What are Captains wafers? :think:

It’s very sweet of you to include me in your thoughts about “making it!” I may have been your shoulder to lean on but I feel sure you have everything it takes to survive.
Nope. You saved me for sure, like a billion times. :hugs:

Cheese straws are not like cheese puffs. They are a solid crisp and more like a cracker but with the heat of cayenne that you love!
I'm not sure if we have those around here, but I can look. Sound interesting...👍

If I find that treasure, definitely sharing!
One of us will just have to find that treasure then! So we and the cats can share it. 🙌

I can’t have hot dogs now.
Maybe you could have a vegetarian hot dog? They are yummy. :yummy:

Any cheese thing is good to me!
Same here! Especially extra sharp, extra aged, or blue. 🧀

I am giving you a complete bath every day!
You know I very much approve of that idea! ;)

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Waffes made it through the vet appt. Everything is perfect as far as his health. Didn't even poop on the scale or in the carrier. Now have to see if he holds it against me.

I finally asked about what CKD stage Gracie is in. How could I not have asked? She's stage 3. But doing well on Mirataz, renal food, Epakitin, and Cosequin and Omega 3's for her arthritis. And methimazole for HT.
As good as can be in the kitty world here.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if we have those here or not, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose . But could be same as you, that the ingredients are different from the Ireland ones. Even Hershey chocolate is different here in Canada, than in the US. Or at least is was in 2013.

“The ingredients were sourced in a way where we picked specialized beans of a certain flavour profile that matches the milkiness and creaminess that is unique to Canadian chocolate,” said Shroy, who has worked with Hershey’s for over 14 years. “Canadian chocolate is higher in fat and it is a higher particle size, but Americans tend to gravitate towards a little bit more of a grittier or even cheesier flavour.” National Post article

LOL. Those 2 are so cute. :catlove:
Yes, I noticed that with other Cadbury bars sold in stores here, just not the same. I even remember Hershey Candy Bars from the 70's having more milk in it which gave it a rich flavor. Now, a Hershey bar has sort of a waxy taste to it and doesn't have the richness it once had or at least imo. In addition to the Roses, I would get a bunch of Chocolate bars commonly sold in Ireland. Crunchies, Aeros, Flake, Time Out and others. I think European Chocolate is on another level. Very rich and flavorful. 😋🥰

Jcatbird Jcatbird I hope the new medication works out.🤞 I also hope one day you get over to Ireland, "The Ancient Birthplace of Good Times". 😉 Also, that you can taste some of the Cadbury Rose's yourself. You'll love them!!❤
You just mention somewhere that you don't eat Tomatoes because your body never agreed with them and you never developed the taste for them. I never took to Tomatoes growing up and tried to avoid them. I use to get called weirdo for taking Tomatos off of hamburgers, so know you are not alone. 🙂

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I noticed that with other Cadbury bars sold in stores here, just not the same. I even remember Hershey Candy Bars from the 70's having more milk in it which gave it a rich flavor. Now, a Hershey bar has sort of a waxy taste to it and doesn't have the richness it once had or at least imo. In addition to the Roses, I would get a bunch of Chocolate bars commonly sold in Ireland. Crunchies, Aeros, Flake, Time Out and others. I think European Chocolate is on another level. Very rich and flavorful. 😋🥰

Jcatbird Jcatbird I hope the new medication works out.🤞 I also hope one day you get over to Ireland, "The Ancient Birthplace of Good Times". 😉 Also, that you can taste some of the Cadbury Rose's yourself. You'll love them!!❤
You just mention somewhere that you don't eat Tomatoes because your body never agreed with them and you never developed the taste for them. I never took to Tomatoes growing up and tried to avoid them. I use to get called weirdo for taking Tomatos off of hamburgers, so know you are not alone. 🙂
I also despise tomatoes. And refuse to eat them.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Chocolates are different everywhere. Yum! I’d like to sample them all! Lol

Those two are so funny! I love watching them together.

M maggiedemi Did you know that some people used to think tomatoes were toxic? They are in the nightshade family and there is a plant called, “ deadly nightshade.” Chances are that a chemical in the fruit is something that causes a sensitivity to my system. I CAN live without them. Lol

Ritz crackers are not cheese crackers, just something we ate with Peanut butter.
Captains wafer are a buttery sort of salty cracker. Very light but not quite a saltine. Yummy!

I know it’s not quite the same as the treasure you envision but we did find treasure. We found everyone here and kitties too! That is treasure that helps us all.;) We can still look for other treasures though. I look for a different treasure every day when I pan for gold! Lol

Saved you a billion times? That is huge treasure!

Google is a great resource. I Google a lot!

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Thworked! Mackie loved the joke. Photos coming!

pearl99 pearl99 Great that Waffles made it through the vet check! Actually, asking what stage CKD is not a given. Knowing the stage really doesn’t , necessarily, change anything. You already give nutritional and medical support and lots of TLC so Gracie has all that is needed to do well. :happycat: I am so glad that all is well in Pearl Cat World!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Thank you! I am so tired of toe trouble. I hope this is the med that takes care of it!
Chocolates are different everywhere I have had them. Other things too. Coke and Pepsi in another country were like the ones I had as a kid. Sooo much tastier! I think it was the sugar? Not sure but the sugar there was wonderful cane sugar. Coffee there was awesome too!! Fruit there ….. oh my! The watermelon was the sweetest and juiciest I have ever had! Sooo many lovely foods! Also a few I preferred not to eat. Lol I just could not get used to cilantro in eggs. I tried!
Swiss chocolate! Rich and lovely! :thud:It makes a Hershey bar seem , well, just not comparable.
I would love to see Ireland. A friend went there and sent me pictures. Beautiful place. I would love to see so many places but right now I am enjoying the world through the eyes of kitties. Lol That’s beautiful too. I need a bigger Catavan with wings to take all the kitties around the world. Now that would be awesome!!! Chez Catbird with wings to spread the love of cats! Maybe after Banjo brings everyone here for a visit?
You and Lari Lari share my distaste for tomatoes? We may also have something that is rarely recognized but that causes our dislike. It is a sensitivity to plants in the nightshade family. Not all of them have much of the chemical that we may avoid (perhaps subconsciously) but it can cause digestive issues, fatigue in our system and various other symptoms. As a child I was made to eat them but always felt sick afterwards. My parents thought it was just picky eating but later in life I was diagnosed as having a real reaction to them. For me, it is not an allergy but simply intolerance to the chemical contained in the fruit. Who knew? Lol Anyway, I think my dislike of them as a child and into adulthood was really an instinctive feeling that something in them was not tolerated well, more than it being a dislike of the taste. I actually love some things containing tomato but cannot eat them either. :dunno:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Did you know that some people used to think tomatoes were toxic? They are in the nightshade family and there is a plant called, “ deadly nightshade.” Chances are that a chemical in the fruit is something that causes a sensitivity to my system. I CAN live without them. Lol
Yes, and it's bad for those with Arthritis.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mackie! Want a smile? How about a joke for our laughing cat?

From dustydiamond and Gypsy! Yes!’
08B2EC44-07BE-4739-9BCB-39289989E7CE.jpeg

Okay. I’m ready!!
9FA11092-F916-45AA-822C-EE93D548A213.jpeg

A joke for Mackie cat.
Q: Why did the duck fly South for the Winter?🦆
A: It was too far to walk.
:crackup:
Kcccckkkkkkkkkkkkk….,
D5F98215-C991-47F4-9326-46683CDFFBFF.jpeg

Ahahahahahahahaha!
D156D5BF-B590-460C-8206-9CEAC35D2283.jpeg

That was funny. It made me smile!
BDF937E6-62AE-45B2-A5FE-476EE20A935E.jpeg

Can you tell me another because….,
00F014B0-71A1-4302-AD2A-8599FDAF8C22.jpeg

I love to fall over laughing!:flail:It tickles my funny bone!
1AFC26BD-6A26-4421-820B-A1740E4DB55C.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Tomatoes are supposed to affect some with inflammation and swelling so arthritis is said to be aggravated. Yep! Along with some other conditions.,

The midweek Pawverb is right on the mark!
We are the privileged ones! Their time is so purrecious and yet they honor us by giving of that and of themselves!!:yess:
:redheartpump::clap2:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Tomatoes are supposed to affect some with inflammation and swelling so arthritis is said to be aggravated. Yep! Along with some other conditions.,
Yea, that's why they are called night shades along with some other vegetables. The name night shades already sounded shady so what good can it do?........................... :flail: :lol: :crackup:

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I unstand that some cats have a taste for tomatoes. When I was a kid I had an orange manx that loved my mothers spaghetti. I guess he had some Italian blood in him like I do.

I have arthritis so bad that I am in a wheelchair but I will not give up my tomatoes. They are my favorite food. I love pizza, tomato sandwiches, tomato soup, stewed tomatoes, pasta and tomatoes and ketchup on veggy dogs, grilled cheese and of course fries and onion rings.

I read somewhere that someone tried to poison George Washington when he was president by putting tomatoes in his food.

Mackie is adorable!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have grown tomatoes, mainly the cherry varieties, for several years now. They contain lycopene, which is known to be an antioxidant. Maybe because they are organically grown and not processed they are better than store-bought ones of unknown origin, but that's only a guess. Some people are lactose intolerant; some can't eat shellfish; others have nut or peanut allergies. And some can't eat tomatoes. We're all different that way.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chocolates are different everywhere. Yum! I’d like to sample them all!
You can have all mine! I prefer peanut or other nut butters. 🥜

Chances are that a chemical in the fruit is something that causes a sensitivity to my system. I CAN live without them.
So you can't have pizza?! 😭

I know it’s not quite the same as the treasure you envision but we did find treasure. We found everyone here and kitties too!
I know, I just need a little more. But maybe it will come soon...🙏

Saved you a billion times? That is huge treasure!
Yes, it's hard to go on to another day here. So I need you to keep me going, until I make my great escape. :hugs:

We can still look for other treasures though. I look for a different treasure every day
Yes, hopefully there is treasure for me left in this world. 🙌

I just could not get used to cilantro in eggs. I tried!
I never had cilantro in eggs. I like it on sammiches, in stir fries & Mexican food. 🥪🍜🌮

will not give up my tomatoes. They are my favorite food. I love pizza, tomato sandwiches, tomato soup, stewed tomatoes, pasta and tomatoes and ketchup on veggy dogs, grilled cheese and of course fries and onion rings.
Same here! I love all those things you listed. :yummy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can have all mine! I prefer peanut or other nut butters. 🥜
You should check out today's question of the day - it's right up your alley!

I like catsup and pasta sauce and pizza sauce but have never eaten tomatoes. I like eating oranges but dislike orange juice.
I'm the exact same way with oranges and orange juice. I don't really drink much juice anyway these days. If I'm going to drink my calories, it'll be in sweetened coffees. Or alcohol.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I am so tired of toe trouble. I hope this is the med that takes care of it!
Hoping for toe cure with this!

Swiss chocolate! Rich and lovely!
The one time I was in Europe in the 1980's the hot chocolate was heavenly, the best I've had in my life. And I'm a hot chocolate connosieur. We got a pitcher full at every breakfast. Such a memory.

I have arthritis so bad that I am in a wheelchair but I will not give up my tomatoes.
Me either. I don't eat them much in the winter because no comparison, but I grow them every summer- Roma, cherry, and the regular kind, and a tomato a day keeps the blues away.

So you can't have pizza?! 😭
I have had a "white pizza," with the sauce being a garlic sauce instead of tomato based. I didn't think I'd like it but it was good! But then I love love garlic. For any non-tomato garlic lovers.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had a "white pizza," with the sauce being a garlic sauce instead of tomato based. I didn't think I'd like it but it was good! But then I love love garlic. For any non-tomato garlic lovers.
I love white pizza! Oil based sauces are great. I'm also okay with barbecue sauce because the sweetness cuts most of the tomato flavor, so I'll do a barbecue base for Jets Pizza.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me either. I don't eat them much in the winter because no comparison, but I grow them every summer- Roma, cherry, and the regular kind, and a tomato a day keeps the blues away.
I grew tomatoes for a few years but had to quit because arthiris started kicking my butt. I lived on tomato sandwiches all summer. I also made pasta sauce and froze it and gave tomatoes to my neighbors and took some to work. I really miss them.

I would love to try white pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.