My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Well, I guess my area lucked out and only got 8 inches while other areas got much more than that. Today was sunny and some of the snow melted. There are still a bunch of kitties who are still MIA, but I think they stuck it out with the other feeder. I will probably see them soon. I gave the kitties who came to me a feast. The others will probably be back soon.
I am sorry you were going through a an issue with the drainage pipe being blocked. Hopefully, it is now fully resolved. I agree with Lari Lari you could use a vacation. You have been through too much lately.❤
M maggiedemi I hope this storm didn't affect you much in your area. Compared to my friends up in Boston, I got it easy. They got over 23 inches. Oh well, that's life living in the NE. Just have to deal with it. 🙂

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a short time to work on some catching up on posts so….. I will get in what I can and try again tomorrow! Lol

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I love the Aquarium in the store! Great job for a diver too! Much safer than most scuba jobs! In the sixth photo down, it looks like the fish have their own carousel going on. Or..... Merry go round! Very cool.

neely neely I had this funny visual image of you sitting with Banjo in your lap while Banjo is driving. Since she is a kind of small cat, that would help. You would be kind of a booster seat for her! Lol Maybe you could do the brakes and she can steer?:eek2: That would be interesting. There is a cup holder for your coffee and another for Banjo to have water!:flail:We will need to video this whole adventure. Just so you know, Banjo has a current license. Lol

pearl99 pearl99 No silver vine either? That cat is like me. I don’t like anything that makes me less aware. Lol Maybe just a nice package of a favorite Muncie food.;)

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Cheese straw! Yes. M maggiedemi will love those. Good southern treats! I could bring some fruit too. Of course, I think some peanut butter is in order too!! Peanut butter on cheese crackers is a good travel treat, or Travelers apple! Yum!

rubysmama rubysmama Ahhhhh, those all look yummy! I love something sweet and then something salty so...... lol

I guess everyone here knows how I get most of the ferals in a carrier. Lol I keep the carriers out at all times and the kitties know them as a safe place to nap or play. I have carriers everywhere!!lol Since cats are telepathic or eavesdroppers, they always know when a vet appointment is coming up and they vanish. Fortunately for me, they usually hide in their carriers. It makes it so much easier for me. I kind of cheat. Lol I just shut the door. The trick is figuring out which cat is in which carrier! Cats will always find a way to outsmart their hooman.

N NY cat man I had to look up poutine. Oh! French fries are often eaten with gravy here. Separately with cheese. I think the combo could be good!! Have to try that sometime!
Sounds like living close to the border gives you the best of both worlds!

tabbytom tabbytom Ah! I love the coin pouch! I would have bought it too. The clasp first hooking it to something is a bonus! I love things that I can hook where I can locate them quickly. I have hooks on my keys so I can fasten them to a belt loop if I am outside or a purse strap to locate them quickly. Things often vanish in the depths of my pocketbook! Lol I detest digging in my purse for anything. My phone is black and is invisible in my purse so it lives in a bright pink pouch. Lol

rubysmama rubysmama What is an Aero bar?
Maybe poutine tastes better than you think? Imagine putting gravy on mashed potatoes. That is a must around here for many people. Perhaps the fries with just the cheese?

M maggiedemi Churus have been a favorite with Gypsy! Squeeze yummy food!
Yes! You do have me and I am so very glad that helps! :hugs: If two trees in the woods are leaning over, they can remain upright if they lean against each other. ;)

I think you would like cheese straws! They are made from sharp cheddar cheese, flour, a little butter, salt and cayenne. Some people add different things like dry mustard and paprika. They are a light , crunchy baked cheese cracker with a little heat to it.
They are called straws because they are piped out in a star tube shape.

pearl99 pearl99 Good luck with the vet visit. Calm always helps. Cats do know. Think about your favorite happy place when you are sitting with him. Maybe something like a beautiful beach with the sound of waves or sitting and watching a beautiful waterfall? Whatever makes you calm and smiling. :grouphug2: People around you hugging you!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Ph yes! Cat moms are so great. Of course picking a hooman up by the neck would be a challenge. Lol That brings a hilarious mental image!! Lift higher Mitsy! My nose is dragging the ground!!
If I am even close to being like a cat mom that is quite a compliment! Thank you! :blush: Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

A Cat Con. That it is exactly what it is! I can think of so many wonderful things we could do here too!! How about having orchids all over the place! Non toxic, of course! Spanish moss for everyone to see and frogs for every cat to watch! Lots of food and great music of all kinds. Calming music the cats will enjoy. Beautiful skies too. Purrfection straight from TCS. Banjo is very wise for her age. Whistle wants to join the ride if he can sit in a lap. He says all humans have little ears. Lol He would bring Angel Food cake.

For us, snow is a treat and leaves the world quiet and pure. The advantage of living in a warmer climate is that snow is a big treat and does not usually over stay it’s’ welcome. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I love pita bread! Anything made from corn too! I have to say I have not ever had hummus. Love to try it! Fruit from there would be awesome! You live in a place of yummy fruit! This is turning into the greatest cat party ever!!!!!
Ketchup is not something I eat either. Everyone around me eats it though. The one thing that always baffled me most was catsup on scrambled eggs! :headscratch: To each, his or her own!

I agree that having a complete family unit is best. Both parents contribute different examples for the children. It provides a very secure foundation if all is well and love is there.
You never had a mom cat? Well, you did have some here. Mitsy says you are part of her furmily. Thrasher agrees. They claim you.

gilmargl gilmargl Quark, quarg, pot cheese.... boy we are expanding our world of food! Lol Cheese curds are not quite the same but all are cheesy. For vegetarians, be sure the quark is made with rennet from plants.

Okay gilmargl gilmargl and N NY cat man Now Mackie wants to feed mice with rubbery cheese to see if they bounce! Silly laughing cat!
pearl99 pearl99 The Sherpa socks are super warm and comfy! They have a non slip bottom so they work as slippers. My feet love them! Unicorns on the too so they must have a little magic in them. Banjo would know about these things. Lol

Lari Lari I do need a vacation! Lol I really just need a few days of nothing but kitties. If I left them for a vacation, I would be thinking of them the whole time but if we do a road trip together, that could work! I once took 16 on a trip for a week! Lol It was all good except for the loading and unloading of cats in carriers. The cats didn’t seem to mind traveling at all! I was very pleasantly surprised that no one objected. Cheetah was the only one that had an issue. A tiny dog tried to tell him what to do and I had to stop him from eating the dog. Lol No dog or cat was injured though.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Come on Gyody! Keep eating well and get better. I know the weather is tough but warmer days are coming and you will be bird watching again very soon! Sunshine and lovely green plants everywhere to examine on nice walks. Think green! Maybe some more cat grass for now?
N NY cat man Awwww! Baby Prancer is so adorable! Not every cat gets a whole tree for a scratching post! Lol
Tell Miss Eleanor we are counting her in! The others will get lovely postcards to enjoy. ;)
Yes, the hits keep coming. That’s life! I am pacing myself but I was trying to beat the coming rain this weekend. Not going to happen. Lol I can’t get all the needed supplies before then. I will try to cover the trench so rain does not wash dirt back in for now. I am definitely not working at my younger pace! I have to pace myself. My arms turn into rubber and my feet object. That clay would beat any human into submission and age does not help! Thank you! I am pacing myself even though I would prefer to keep going. The “Golden years” mean we start seeing gold light and stars flash before our eyes when we over do. Funny but when I was young I pictured something else!!:lol: But.....never questioned the term either! Where is my magic treasure chest of gold or my tiara? :flail:Obviously on back order!

tabbytom tabbytom Awww! A laughing cat! :lol: A cousin to Mackie!

M maggiedemi Pita can be eaten many ways. I like it as a pocket to hold other foods. It can be a great scooper for dips, sauces or soups. I like it with stews.
No giving up allowed! Rescues must be completed in some way!

rubysmama rubysmama There are some things I won’t tackle. If a bear showed up, I would not tackle that. Lololol I do know my limits but of o think I can do it, I try. Even if I can’t do it all, any part I can do is a plus.
A clogged sink? I have a plumbers snake. Verrry handy tool! The trap under the sink is not complicated but if you loosen one pipe, it can be a sort of domino effect and cause others to be loosened so if you don’t want to adjust other things, better to let a plumber tackle that part. It isn’t that hard but can be frustrating. Especially on older pipes. I keep plumbers tape on hand. Lol Another useful tape we didn’t cover in previous posts! Great stuff!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Glad the storm was kind to you and kitties!
The pipe is cleared but the issue will continue until I lay more pipe to add to the French Drain system. It requires more trenching, some drain Rick being laid in the trench and more pipe being laid further out since I struck that clay. Nothing will drain through the clay. I have to get the drain over a more porous soil. This will take awhile. If the rain holds off it will be easier since I can’t dig it all quickly. Lol

Stay warm and safe everyone!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Ah! I love the coin pouch! I would have bought it too. The clasp first hooking it to something is a bonus! I love things that I can hook where I can locate them quickly.
There was another design but that design was showing couple cats eating ice cream and this one that one that I bought showed different cays in different poses which I prefer as it's more realistic than cats eating ice cream.
Yea, I bought this as it is small enough with a clasp and I can hook it inside my back pack whenever I go for my cycling exercise so that I don't have to rummage through my back pack to search for my wallet for cash.
The store's name is Tokyu Hands and not Tokyo Hands.

Awww! A laughing cat! :lol: A cousin to Mackie!
4ba3a4631d1b950f32516524c8f526a1.gif

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this storm didn't affect you much in your area.
I don't think we even got a storm yet. There's a lotta snow out there, but the power never went out. :thumbsup:

I will get in what I can and try again tomorrow!
That's all we can do! ;)

Peanut butter on cheese crackers is a good travel treat
Peanut butter with cheese?! :think:

Yes! You do have me and I am so very glad that helps! :hugs: If two trees in the woods are leaning over, they can remain upright if they lean against each other. ;)
I wouldn't have made it without you. That's a fact. Hopefully we can complete the mission. :hugs:

I think you would like cheese straws! They are made from sharp cheddar cheese, flour, a little butter, salt and cayenne. Some people add different things like dry mustard and paprika. They are a light , crunchy baked cheese cracker with a little heat to it.
The first part sounds fabulous! But if they are like puffed snacks, like cheese puffs, I don't like those much. :dunno:

I can think of so many wonderful things we could do here too!! How about having orchids all over the place!
My cats can't be around flowers or plants, they eat them. :headshake:

one thing that always baffled me most was catsup on scrambled eggs! :headscratch:
Ketchup is delicious on eggs!!!!! :yummy:

if I left them for a vacation, I would be thinking of them the whole time
Same here. I don't leave my cats overnight. I prefer day trips. :vancat::bicolorcat:

I know the weather is tough but warmer days are coming
I can't wait! 🥶

Where is my magic treasure chest of gold
If you find it, we gotta share! :crossfingers:

Pita can be eaten many ways. I like it as a pocket to hold other foods. It can be a great scooper for dips, sauces or soups. I like it with stews.
Sounds good! Toasted or Untoasted? 🤔

A clogged sink? I have a plumbers snake. Verrry handy tool!
In my 20s, my landlord walked by my bedroom once with one of those, while I was sleeping. I thought I was having a nightmare! :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama What is an Aero bar?
Maybe poutine tastes better than you think? Imagine putting gravy on mashed potatoes. That is a must around here for many people. Perhaps the fries with just the cheese?
An Aero bar is plain milk chocolate with a bubbly centre. Quite yummy. :yummy:
1643656945468.png

As for fries, I like crispy fries, so wouldn't like anything that makes them soggy. Gravy on mashed potatoes is delicious though. :yummy:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My kids and I would eat those as a snack - they were yummy. :yummy:

neely neely I had this funny visual image of you sitting with Banjo in your lap while Banjo is driving. Since she is a kind of small cat, that would help. You would be kind of a booster seat for her! Lol Maybe you could do the brakes and she can steer?:eek2: That would be interesting. There is a cup holder for your coffee and another for Banjo to have water!:flail:We will need to video this whole adventure. Just so you know, Banjo has a current license. Lol
We would look humorous together but definitely compatible since I'm on the petite side. I'd love to have Banjo sit on my lap and if she wants to steer I'm all for it. Heck, if they can make driverless cars why not a cat driven van? :dunno: Great idea to video the whole adventure and glad to hear Banjo has her license just in case we get stopped since I am known to hit the pedal to the metal. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sitting in a doctor office for a toe check, among other things and laughing at big cat noises! That is a growl or hiss that should not be ignored! Lol

Okay. Now laughing at a laughing cat!:flail: Do lions laugh too?:headscratch: I know they must have a roaring good time sometimes?

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
An Aero bar is plain milk chocolate with a bubbly centre. Quite yummy. :yummy:
View attachment 409405

As for fries, I like crispy fries, so wouldn't like anything that makes them soggy. Gravy on mashed potatoes is delicious though. :yummy:
Have you every bought Cadbury Roses? Those chocolates are so heavenly. 🥰 I use to buy boxes of them when I visited family in Ireland, and would give them to friends and family over here. I bought a box in where I use to work and my coworkers joked that I would have to go back to Ireland and get more boxes immediately. 😄 I have bought them in stores here, but they just don't taste as good as the ones I got from Ireland. I think they took some ingredients out over here. Why did they have to mess with perfection. 😥😄
a-box-of-cadbury-roses-chocolates-on-a-white-background-2AEYJH7.jpg

Jcatbird Jcatbird I hope and pray the rain will stay away till you get this problem remedied. Also, i hope all went well at your doctor's visit today. 🙂

M maggiedemi I am glad to hear that you have not suffered a power outage dispite getting plenty of snow. I experience 2 over the years where it took over 5 days to get the power back. I had one last year in the summer just right after food shopping 😬 that lasted 6 hours. Talk about Murphy's law in full effect. 😂

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I am sitting in a doctor office for a toe check, among other things and laughing at big cat noises! That is a growl or hiss that should not be ignored! Lol
Riddle :
What did the doctor said to Jcatbird Jcatbird ?
'I 'toe' ya that you'll be okay!'.....................................................:lol::crackup::flail:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like a whole bunch on what I'm eating but I eat catsup on lots of food including scrambled eggs and hot dogs. :yummy:
I put catsup (ketchup) on fried okra. I only eat okra if it's breaded and fried crispy, not the stuff in gumbo (yuck.)

Time for car games! Who can spot a mouse from the car? How many birds can you count? Lol
Can Banjo read states on license plates? That was always my favorite game, find all the states on a trip. We even found Alaska and Hawaii in the 48, when I was a kid.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cheese curds are bite-sized chunks of cheddar cheese that haven't been aged. At the Cuba (NY) cheese shop, they sell either plain or flavored varieties.
My cheese-making friends tell me that curds can be any sort of cheese, before it cures. The curds are the solid lumps, and the whey is the thin liquid, therefore cottage cheese would actually be "curds and whey." But any variety. I've had cheddar curds, and liked them quite well.

It all started with a few males and a few females.
~mutters to self~ God help us, doesn't it always?????

Peanut butter with cheese?! :think:
Yep, good stuff. And cheddar cheese goes nicely with a good quality chocolate, as well. And it is delicious melted on top of hot apple pie.

But if they are like puffed snacks, like cheese puffs, I don't like those much. :dunno:
Nope, they're more like a flat, soft, buttery cracker, spicy and melts in your mouth!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 What is the lion doing when he roared? It looked like he blew bubbles! Lol I love the chuffing noises and the purrs.

tabbytom tabbytom A friend brought me a sweet little change holder but no clasp. It has a kitty tongue! The laughing cat made me laugh.:flail:That kitty must have heard a great mouse joke!

FC180BB6-C149-4952-A307-F3ABEB3C33C6.jpeg

Lari Lari I often watched others eat eggs and ketchup. I can’t eat anything with tomatoes so I never developed a taste for it.

M maggiedemi Peanut butter on cheese crackers but not WITH cheese. Peanut butter on Ritz crackers was a big thing when I was little. I prefer Captains wafers now.
It’s very sweet of you to include me in your thoughts about “making it!” I may have been your shoulder to lean on but I feel sure you have everything it takes to survive. You are tougher than you think! You were surviving long before I came along and you did a great job of it. It’s nice that we can do it together now though. It makes it easier if you have people who care and offer a helping paw. ;) Or more! Lol
Cheese straws are not like cheese puffs. They are a solid crisp and more like a cracker but with the heat of cayenne that you love!
If I find that treasure, definitely sharing!

The orchids can be hung out of the reach of cats. These kitties might try to munch on them but the Bengal boys don’t bother them. In general, orchids are mostly safe. No pesticides though! Humans often eat some orchid flowers in salads. Organically raised though. We also eat vanilla which comes from orchids.

Pita is good toasted or not.
That was funny about the landlord and the plumbers snake!

Lari Lari Thanks! That is just the kind of crackers I was talking about! Lays makes them along with other companies.

rubysmama rubysmama I don’t like mushy fries either. Dipping a crunchy one in the gravy is good though.
The Aero bars look yummy. Light and fluffy!

Surprise! I popped up in the afternoon! Lol

neely neely I think you and Banjo might get into mischief together. Lolol Pedal to the metal! I imagine that Banjo would enjoy that.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Not on my dogs! Lol My mother used to cook a hot dog by pan braiding them in a touch of butter. They were awesome but I can’t have hot dogs now. I love them on a toasted bun!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I have never had Roses chocolates. Never been to Ireland either. Both would be nice please! Lol
Hoping the rain holds off for a little while! Paws crossed!
The doc visit was okay. It was interesting actually. I am on some new meds for my toe.

tabbytom tabbytom No joke! He did toe me I’ll be okay!:flail:

pearl99 pearl99 We used to play the kid ends plate game too! Banjo will love that one and I bet she wins! Lolololol
Hi ho! I was laughing and watching the video when an idea picked at my brain. I have a rock pick! ⛏ That should help me get through that clay! Thanks for the idea!:bunnydance: I’ll be whistling a happy tune now! Lol

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Any cheese thing is good to me!
“Mutters to self” lol That is how it starts! A few males and females and then an explosion. Lol

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I hope all is well there.
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Hoping things are good there too!
BellaGooch BellaGooch Been missing you! I was looking back through posts here and laughed again so hard when I ran back across the “magazine covers!” They are so great!! I hope all is well with you too!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for a smile or bath time?

It’s 2022 Whistle.

880893F4-6342-4BAB-9BF7-28E71BC04A34.jpeg

We are starting a new routine.
E917144D-65C3-45E5-BDD7-BF921D4CD902.jpeg

I am giving you a complete bath every day!
AD99A49D-2E44-45FA-A30B-3001DB51BABC.jpeg

Heh. Cats don’t like change.
52BB871A-4820-47C0-8C68-68F8DB4F777B.jpeg

Hold still! Once a month is not enough Whistle!
DD6F2AC3-E466-4FE8-8909-EDD0F45B27D8.jpeg

It’s going to be a head to toe bath.
FF3001EC-9F99-47F5-9A77-6C1EBB75C082.jpeg

Stop complaining Whistle. Everyone will be getting the same treatment now that I’m in charge. You’ll be dry eventually!
8A73BF50-6D02-4276-AADC-305D0864B734.jpeg

Okay hooman. You’re next.
E401AC02-5AA6-473B-90BB-A16F6D9E2D92.jpeg

:fear:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have you every bought Cadbury Roses? Those chocolates are so heavenly. 🥰 I use to buy boxes of them when I visited family in Ireland, and would give them to friends and family over here. I bought a box in where I use to work and my coworkers joked that I would have to go back to Ireland and get more boxes immediately. 😄 I have bought them in stores here, but they just don't taste as good as the ones I got from Ireland. I think they took some ingredients out over here. Why did they have to mess with perfection. 😥😄
I'm not sure if we have those here or not, Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose . But could be same as you, that the ingredients are different from the Ireland ones. Even Hershey chocolate is different here in Canada, than in the US. Or at least is was in 2013.

“The ingredients were sourced in a way where we picked specialized beans of a certain flavour profile that matches the milkiness and creaminess that is unique to Canadian chocolate,” said Shroy, who has worked with Hershey’s for over 14 years. “Canadian chocolate is higher in fat and it is a higher particle size, but Americans tend to gravitate towards a little bit more of a grittier or even cheesier flavour.” National Post article
Time for a smile or bath time?
LOL. Those 2 are so cute. :catlove:

Status
Not open for further replies.