My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a Churu? :think:

Wish I had a mom like that. But at least I have Jcatbird Jcatbird which helps a lot. :hugs:

Yes, too bad so many wishes depend upon money. 😢

Yes, bananas are more plentiful and cheaper to get over there, I read. 🍌 I thought the red in Ketchup was tomatoes! 😲

I hope the power doesn't go out in NY. :crossfingers:

Cappuccino, Hot sauce, Cheese. ☕🌶🧀

What are cheese straws? 🤔

Bring some cheese curds! 🧀
I first saw Churus on Instagram where folks use them while on treks for hydration She usually gets her preboitics/probotics mixed with 1/2 tube once a day but since last week I've been using the Churu as food toppers & mixed with food trying to get her to eat. She's doing better but still a bit off her feed. Screenshot_20220129-102957_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220129-102937_Gallery.jpg
And here's the pro/pre we use. 20220129_105726.jpg

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Vancouver Vet has some great videos but I was wrong about the carrier one, it is Fredrick Cat Vet on you tube. The 1st time I had to take her to the vet solo (only the 2nd she had been taken by us and she had chewed her way out of a cardboard one the 1st time with both of us to deal with it) We didn't know how nice she was and I was terrified and the more how-to videos I watched the more terrified I got. Until I ran across Dr Fredrick. It was just so smooth and non eventful! This is the video info.

Blind Superman Technique - An Easy Way to Get Your Cat in the Carrier
63K views9 years ago

Frederick Cat Vet

Blind Superman Technique: An easy way to get your cat into the carrier for travel. Don't let your cat know anything different is ...
Oh my gosh! I just meant to copy & paste the name I didn't know it it would create a link!

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
My grandmother always made her own homemade ketchup and it was always deep red. I have her recipe and no dye/red coloring in it at all. Just tomatoes, onions, sugar, salt, mustard, cinnamon, celery seed, cayenne pepper, vinegar.

Thanks. I will be sitting in my recliner chair with the legs up about 3 hours before, he always comes over to sit with me then, and I can get him scruffed and football holded then have him in the bathroom till time to go.
I hope he cooperates with getting on the chair! I may need a glass of wine before to calm me down because he always senses anxiety 😰.
:yummy: 🍷🥂😽

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's cool. Anything in particular that you like? Caramilk bars don't seem as good as they used to be, but I still LOVE Aero bars. Don't think I've ever had Weetabix cereal. And I know I've never had poutine, as the combo just doesn't appeal to me at all.
I thought that the Caramilk bars were okay, but Michele liked the Coffee Crisp better.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheese curds are bite-sized chunks of cheddar cheese that haven't been aged. At the Cuba (NY) cheese shop, they sell either plain or flavored varieties.
Thank you - now, I've actually learnt something today! I imagine they are a bit like Mozzarella - rubbery, but taste nice.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! I am almost too tired to write. Lol The past few days have been a whirlwind of chores. I went hunting for cat food and people food one day along with other errands. The traffic was at a complete standstill coming home.It seems that the port in the city has trucks doing double time now! Yay but…. I was tired and wanted to get home. Made it just before dark. Whew! Thank goodness Banjo covered for me.
The next day was all about catching up here and putting away everything that had been loaded in the Catavan. Lol
Today was uh oh day. My catching up on laundry caught up to me. I spent today digging a new drain line! :gaah: I came in tired but needed to mop and ended up spilling the mop water in the room where the litter boxes live. Muffin and Banjo will be telling about that! Lol

I started this post yesterday but another day of regular things and then digging until dark. Cold feet, warm heart. Oh….. that is supposed to be “cold hands, warm heart”. :lol: Either way maybe? Tomorrow is another day! More digging and I have to get more pipe and probably more drain rock. Unh. I did discover what is stopping the water from draining. It is a lovely form of clay found here. It is not red clay that is typical in the upper state but is unique to this area and sort of orange and grey. It is soooooo sticky! My shoes ended up about ten pounds heavier. Lol I did ask the cats to help me dig but they declined saying,” It would clog their paws!” I can’t argue with that! Besides, I would have little clay prints everywhere in the house afterwards.🐾

I struck water! Lol
2855B44E-C328-4B54-B1C2-1D684E86D386.jpeg

This is going to take awhile.
82160E7F-FBE8-4928-B489-BE2B751001CB.jpeg

Ha! I struck clay! No wonder the water is staying put.
D6D0822F-E311-4517-AB29-AAE597E31251.jpeg

It’s kind of neat clay. I wonder if it could be used for making pots?
0BB294CF-9D29-4F24-B1A7-37B953798680.jpeg

My poor little native azalea!! It goes dormant in winter so maybe it will forgive me for chopping roots. I am trying to route things around it but I may have to move it.
2CBF1C2B-2209-49FC-A17C-4853728BBA64.jpeg

Making progress! Most of the water is away from the house for now!
67B460D6-27E2-4F53-B3E5-3197E3CB9260.jpeg

From wet shoes and socks to…..
28BE3575-9794-4990-8F59-B1DCDCC6DF99.jpeg

Sherpa socks that, apparently, Banjo ordered for me. Lol Thank you Banjo!!
DE432125-2EA0-4E28-A4A8-958792AC0AD7.jpeg

She doesn’t want me leaving paw prints all over the house. 👣:bicolorcat:

Now, back to important things like, Road Trip!!

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I will bring tortillas (corn) and salsa (Tapatio is my brand). Maybe some pita (bread) and hummus (I like pine nut but spicy would do, too, or red pepper).
Reminds me of Boar's Head dark chocolate dessert hummus.

Sherpa socks that, apparently, Banjo ordered for me. Lol Thank you Banjo!!
You can count on Banjo. Nothing like warm fuzzy socks after cold wet feet.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Very good points about hoarding. When I was bringing these cats in I knew I had to figure out the costs , my limits and the fact that many would not get adopted. It became a balance of bringing more in , only after others got adopted. You have to know your limits. Many that I gave up for adoption yanked at my heart when they left but it was the only way to be sure I stayed within my boundaries and could save the rest of the colony. It is best for everyone if you don’t take on more than you can manage. Sometimes it is just one cat at a time and some can balance out more. Hoarding is taking on more than you can manage and refusing to let go of any.

tabbytom tabbytom Window reserved! I nearly fell over when you mentioned a supply of catnip for yourself.:flail::yess: Excellent idea!
Banjo says she will handle you with the greatest care. (Just do you know, the number for 911 is 911!:lol:)

Lari Lari Mitsy says, “ Thank you!” She is the most precious little lady. She is a very small kitty and has a very unique purrsonality. She has always been thebest kind of mommy. She is a rescuer too! I would never have known about Wanda Heart if Mitsy had not risked her own safety to dash out and lead her to the shelter. Then Lady helped me to get Wanda Heart inside. Cats are amazing!

rubysmama rubysmama Whistle does look like Mitsy and BJ! Banjo resembles some of the other kittens that I think were born to BJ earlier. Domino and Emoji in particular. Banjo and Whistle had siblings in their litter. CordialThere were others I suspected were fathered by BJ. He was always a lady’s man! Lol

Emoji
6F6E8367-D43B-4168-B001-63C3012F4059.jpeg

Domino
9799A98E-2DDD-4C42-A318-A1F76FBC8558.jpeg

Emoji
51A7F2FC-8CE8-4CB2-9142-A2DF6518F23C.jpeg

Domino. Lol
F065E3AB-4D08-4213-800D-44CBB4876D58.jpeg

Baby Banjo outside with sibling, Cordial
8A752506-EC36-44D4-B472-04325C8F8560.jpeg

Baby Whistle outside.
7C4A3C8C-D82F-43D7-9D93-902F910CDC75.jpeg

Emoji just had to be related. Lol
2509220C-B5E6-486A-8E88-7321A7D01BD7.jpeg

Cordial.
7765748D-B3B8-4E7C-8D3F-2A2DE8015B9D.jpeg

So many precious ones! Harlequin and Churchill as well as Theater and so many others were related. It showed too. Besides appearance and me knowing who was out there to mate, purrsonality made me think others were very closely related. Lol Blue is also related. Uncle Mitty was too. Big furmily. It all started with a few males and a few females.

M maggiedemi It can happen! I would love to share a nice meal with you at a pretty little restaurant somewhere.
As you know, I never give up on anyone or any kitty. :hugs:

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I am so glad that Gypsy is doing better. Dr. Banjo and crew knew what we hoomans needed to ask. Lol Gypsy is soooo brave. She looks so sweet in the vet office! I hope the squirts medicines won’t have to be endured much longer but glad they got her going again!!
Great tips on carrier loading! Thank you for posting all that!
How is Gypsy tonight?

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I can just imagine you as a hooman Banjo! I love that!
Thank you! I have limited how many of the rescues I kept but it is always hard to let go. Even when we know that it is for the best.
A stopover to see our friend?!?!?! Yes! Excellent idea. A party on wheels with Banjo in charge. Lol I think our friend would love that!
A Quota change is on my priority list!! I know so many more hoomans who would help kitties if the quota allowed it. :yess:

pearl99 pearl99 Moo won’t even smile at fresh catnip? Hmmm. Definitely try the silvervine.
Motion sickness might not be a problem if everyone is having fun and occupied! Time for car games! Who can spot a mouse from the car? How many birds can you count? Lol

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I hope you are warm! That is such a cute video. Kitty digging. Ummmm. I wonder if that kitty will help me dig too! Lol No snow here yet. It is cold though. The kitten chow is a great idea for giving the kitties a boost!! You stay safe too!

neely neely Coffee! Yes! It just hit me that I have to bring ALL the kitties, or I have to stay here!:headscratch: I gonna need a bigger Catavan?!?!?! Lol

N NY cat man Can your whole group come? We are gonna get a bigger vehicle!

Hey everyone! I am about to fall asleep posting. The digging wore me out. How do kitties do that?!?!?
I will be back tomorrow with more replies. So sorry to have to duck out but sleep is calling my name. See you all in dreamland and again tomorrow. Gotta plan for that road trip!
Clowder and I send tons of purrs and hugs! :grouphug:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Very good points about hoarding. When I was bringing these cats in I knew I had to figure out the costs , my limits and the fact that many would not get adopted. It became a balance of bringing more in , only after others got adopted. You have to know your limits. Many that I gave up for adoption yanked at my heart when they left but it was the only way to be sure I stayed within my boundaries and could save the rest of the colony. It is best for everyone if you don’t take on more than you can manage. Sometimes it is just one cat at a time and some can balance out more. Hoarding is taking on more than you can manage and refusing to let go of any.

tabbytom tabbytom Window reserved! I nearly fell over when you mentioned a supply of catnip for yourself.:flail::yess: Excellent idea!
Banjo says she will handle you with the greatest care. (Just do you know, the number for 911 is 911!:lol:)

Lari Lari Mitsy says, “ Thank you!” She is the most precious little lady. She is a very small kitty and has a very unique purrsonality. She has always been thebest kind of mommy. She is a rescuer too! I would never have known about Wanda Heart if Mitsy had not risked her own safety to dash out and lead her to the shelter. Then Lady helped me to get Wanda Heart inside. Cats are amazing!

rubysmama rubysmama Whistle does look like Mitsy and BJ! Banjo resembles some of the other kittens that I think were born to BJ earlier. Domino and Emoji in particular. Banjo and Whistle had siblings in their litter. CordialThere were others I suspected were fathered by BJ. He was always a lady’s man! Lol

Emoji
View attachment 409242
Domino
View attachment 409243
Emoji
View attachment 409245
Domino. Lol
View attachment 409246
Baby Banjo outside with sibling, Cordial
View attachment 409247
Baby Whistle outside.
View attachment 409248
Emoji just had to be related. Lol
View attachment 409249
Cordial.
View attachment 409250
So many precious ones! Harlequin and Churchill as well as Theater and so many others were related. It showed too. Besides appearance and me knowing who was out there to mate, purrsonality made me think others were very closely related. Lol Blue is also related. Uncle Mitty was too. Big furmily. It all started with a few males and a few females.

M maggiedemi It can happen! I would love to share a nice meal with you at a pretty little restaurant somewhere.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I am so glad that Gypsy is doing better. Dr. Banjo and crew knew what we hoomans needed to ask. Lol Gypsy is soooo brave. She looks so sweet in the vet office! I hope the squirts medicines won’t have to be endured much longer but glad they got her going again!!
Great tips on carrier loading! Thank you for posting all that!
How is Gypsy tonight?

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I can just imagine you as a hooman Banjo! I love that!
Thank you! I have limited how many of the rescues I kept but it is always hard to let go. Even when we know that it is for the best.
A stopover to see our friend?!?!?! Yes! Excellent idea. A party on wheels with Banjo in charge. Lol I think our friend would love that!
A Quota change is on my priority list!! I know so many more hoomans who would help kitties if the quota allowed it. :yess:

pearl99 pearl99 Moo won’t even smile at fresh catnip? Hmmm. Definitely try the silvervine.
Motion sickness might not be a problem if everyone is having fun and occupied! Time for car games! Who can spot a mouse from the car? How many birds can you count? Lol

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I hope you are warm! That is such a cute video. Kitty digging. Ummmm. I wonder if that kitty will help me dig too! Lol No snow here yet. It is cold though. The kitten chow is a great idea for giving the kitties a boost!! You stay safe too!

neely neely Coffee! Yes! It just hit me that I have to bring ALL the kitties, or I have to stay here!:headscratch: I gonna need a bigger Catavan?!?!?! Lol

N NY cat man Can your whole group come? We are gonna get a bigger vehicle!

Hey everyone! I am about to fall asleep posting. The digging wore me out. How do kitties do that?!?!?
I will be back tomorrow with more replies. So sorry to have to duck out but sleep is calling my name. See you all in dreamland and again tomorrow. Gotta plan for that road trip!
Clowder and I send tons of purrs and hugs! :grouphug:
She has peed daily since Sun nite, pooped daily since Mon. Still drinking water and eating kibbles. Taking Churu with probiotic/prebiotic well. Accepting Temptations, Greenies and Sheba meat sticks so I'm using them as toppers and mix-ins since her appetite for wet is still not on track. Have to hold bowl, spoon feed while lowering spoon to bowl where she hopefully continues to eat, adding toppers & mix ins as needed.
Last appetite stimulant Wed nite. Last antibiotic Fri morning. 1 more day of anti nausea. Dr Erika, ER vet, said on Sun that I could back off on oral pain meds in a few days so I went down to one dose from two doses daily on Wed and Thur, skipped Fri altogether. Her appetite for wet seemed worse Sat so gave her a dose around 9 pm and will give at least one dose on Sun.
P.S.
Early Sun. She has eaten some more wet for me. Will see how she does later today.

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird ; Miss Eleanor might be amenable to such a trip. The others? Not so much, and with Prancer; definitely not. It would be nice if they were more accepting of others, but alas, they are not.
Meanwhile, the hits just keep on coming for you, don't they? It seems like you have had a run of foul winds and cross currents lately. You need to pace yourself, as I have learned to do- the hard way. We ain't getting any younger, kiddo.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we got a window seat so we could watch it. Not much, but it did my heart good!
Oh good lord. It does my heart good when the snow/cold leaves! 🥶

Maybe some pita (bread) and hummus
How do you eat pita? Do you toast it, then dip? 🤔

put it on EVERYTHING
I put ketchup on everything until I discovered hot sauce and diversified. :thumbsup:

Yeah, a loving mom makes SO much difference in life.
Yeah, and an evil one can ruin your life. But maybe I'll get away and get well. 🤞

I don't, or either still don't, know what cheese curds are.
Are you sure you're Canadian? :lol: Chunks of cheese, flavored ones are the best since they aren't very sharp.
1643555391018.png

I went hunting for cat food and people food one day along with other errands.
Wish I was there! 🙌

I spent today digging a new drain line!
Oh good lord. I don't know how you know how to do all these things. Seems like you can anything. 😲

Sherpa socks that, apparently, Banjo ordered for me
Looks Cozy & Warm. Banjo you have good taste in footwear. :hugs:

It can happen! I would love to share a nice meal with you at a pretty little restaurant somewhere.
I hope so! We can keep trying. :crossfingers:🙏🙌🤝

I hope you never give up until we complete the rescue somehow. ;)

Dr. Banjo and crew knew what we hoomans needed
Sign me up! 👍

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I spent today digging a new drain line! :gaah:
You really will tackle any chore, won't you. :eek3: Bet you could have fixed my clogged drain the other week and saved me $$$.

1643565835930.png

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Whistle does look like Mitsy and BJ! Banjo resembles some of the other kittens that I think were born to BJ earlier. Domino and Emoji in particular. Banjo and Whistle had siblings in their litter. CordialThere were others I suspected were fathered by BJ. He was always a lady’s man! Lol
Awww... such cutie pie kittens. And, yep, definite resemblances. :bicolorcat:

Are you sure you're Canadian? :lol: Chunks of cheese, flavored ones are the best since they aren't very sharp.
1643555391018.png
Yeah, maybe I'm not really Canadian, because don't look all that appetizing. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.