My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi folks. If anyone has dealt with possible gall stones causing vomiting and other health problems or want to lend moral support please check out 'Should we go on Prednisolone' thread by Musuaka. Thanks. :hellocomputer::heartshape:
I went to a Gastro last year and has a bunch of procedures done, including a Sonagram. They found that I had Gall stones. I have had stomach troubles that come and go for years, so I wasn't too shocked that they found that. I am not on medicine. I just try to be very careful and not eat much fried or fatty foods because that triggers gallbladder attacks.

Could you get checked out immediately and see that no stones got stuck in your bile duct. If that is the case, gall bladder removal may be strongly advised. My Gastro told me if I had bad gallstone attacks, that I need to see her immediately. If it is a "hot gallbladder" then they would remove it.

This was one of the reasons I changed my diet and lost 35 pounds. Sorry, I wish that I have more to tell you about this situation. I hope you feel better soon.🤗

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I always laugh when I go back through my cat pictures. So many adorable cattitudes!
Thank you for the healing wishes. Working on it.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I responded although I probably didn’t help much.

tabbytom tabbytom Ohhhhh! Indeed! Silence and contact can speak volumes.:hugs::catlove:

ECE68064-3774-441A-8F79-254DAB8782F4.jpeg

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Big Mack is more than a lap full. Lol Definitely a big snuggler. He always wants to snuggle.
Banjo a genius? When she reads that, I have a feeling she is going to expand her horizons. Lol

Thank you about the wishes for recovery. I want shoes before it gets cold!!:lol:

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Great close up of Gypsy. Such pretty eyes.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Elivis looks relaxed, elegant and quite handsome. Banjo purred.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Than you for offering the info. Gallstones are very yucky. I hope yours stay in check.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a Gastro last year and has a bunch of procedures done, including a Sonagram. They found that I had Gall stones. I have had stomach troubles that come and go for years, so I wasn't too shocked that they found that. I am not on medicine. I just try to be very careful and not eat much fried or fatty foods because that triggers gallbladder attacks.

Could you get checked out immediately and see that no stones got stuck in your bile duct. If that is the case, gall bladder removal may be strongly advised. My Gastro told me if I had bad gallstone attacks, that I need to see her immediately. If it is a "hot gallbladder" then they would remove it.

This was one of the reasons I changed my diet and lost 35 pounds. Sorry, I wish that I have more to tell you about this situation. I hope you feel better soon.🤗
You're lucky- Michele had to have her gall bladder removed when she was only 18, and the post-op infection nearly killed her. Of course, they did things differently back then, and the modern treatments weren't available like they are now.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man My sympathies for what Michelle went through. My mother had a similar problem when I was young and I took care of her during her months of recovery. By the time I had my gallbladder removed, I was able to get laproscopic surgery and was home the next day. I’m so glad that they came up with that method!! Thank goodness Michelle beat the infection!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some more photos from our party the other night.

Someone came for treats!!
54A81D77-43FB-4811-A439-D2A432DE014A.jpeg

I think the door is for Banjo. Banjo!!!!
41C41327-1741-4EF1-A79F-64E1C8108252.jpeg

Who is it?
E59CF4A7-8113-488B-AF76-91526B10002A.jpeg

Froggie?
B2D14A7A-F567-4CC8-86E7-5CE19F002235.jpeg

What are you doing up there?!
08FD9A31-F489-4B19-AD26-DB7FA3A3DD9C.jpeg

You brought me a flower? Awww!
3D1EEDCE-ED8E-4443-8C6C-D7959D714214.jpeg

Dad, what are we going to do? We don’t have any bugs to hand out!
D90C77BB-581A-4B4C-B316-4D81FD18157E.jpeg

Froggie says we could fly out and get something yummy.
E250F6F0-C2AB-4EDF-A5D9-B273DC36A9EF.jpeg

Sounds good to me! Take outs! I know just how to catch bugs on the wing and we can go to town and get something for me too!
DB6C2790-C2F1-4A44-990A-6B46D2E2EBA0.jpeg

My costume is Amelia EARhart. Only, I will return!
A7F37BE0-FA88-4AAA-955D-43CF82E3D5B0.jpeg

Come on Froggie. You can be my copilot.
73409645-6A74-44CE-BFFB-B9044361C9F0.jpeg

(No worries folks! Navigator cap is stylus created.) lol
Look Whistle! Little ears!

How’d she do that? Can we start giving free hats to everything with big ears?
CC5AFB2B-5B7E-4476-B435-C6073CBEED61.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 400557
View attachment 400558
Who is it?
View attachment 400559
Froggie?
View attachment 400560
View attachment 400561
View attachment 400562
View attachment 400563
View attachment 400564
Sounds good to me! Take outs! I know just how to catch bugs on the wing and we can go to town and get something for me too!
View attachment 400565
View attachment 400566
View attachment 400567

View attachment 400570
I love, love, love the photos!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 400557
View attachment 400558
Who is it?
View attachment 400559
Froggie?
View attachment 400560
View attachment 400561
View attachment 400562
View attachment 400563
View attachment 400564
View attachment 400565
View attachment 400566
View attachment 400567

View attachment 400570
Don't they have Feline UberEats yet? Well, if they don't, they should! You should be able to get a large order of grilled salmon with a side of fresh catnip delivered to Chez Catbird!

I think Banjo would probably love Elvis or at least get a crush on him. Elvis would LOVE some female company that doesn't involve hissing and growling. :insertevillaugh:

That first picture is PRICELESS! And also, the first look at froggie!

*PRAYERS* and best thoughts of wellness and recuperation continuing, Jcatbird Jcatbird . Yes, shoes by winter! :yess:

Last edited:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh look at this picture! Big smile.
When I got back from my trip Waffles was plastered to me all night. Feels so good.

Don't they have Feline UberEats yet? Well, if they don't, they should! You should be able to get a large order of grilled salmon with a side of fresh catnip delivered to Chez Catbird!
Hey something Banjo could do while your foot is healing, Jcatbird Jcatbird !

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
You're lucky- Michele had to have her gall bladder removed when she was only 18, and the post-op infection nearly killed her. Of course, they did things differently back then, and the modern treatments weren't available like they are now.
I am so sorry to hear what Michelle went through at such a young age. Gall Stones and Gall Bladder disease is nothing to take lightly. I read that Gall Bladder disease accounts for 10,000 deaths in this country annually. Years ago that number must have been much higher. This definitely woke me up and pushed me to making the necessary changes with diet, exercise and weight loss. I am lucky to have no problems yet, but I am not taking any chances. 🙂

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I was petting Gypsy after finishing some popcorn and felt this nasty little thing. Its a seed pod from I don't know what plant. It is flat and hard and has stickers all over and while it combed out of Gypsys fur fairly easily I spent three hours last year clearing them off a hooded jacket of catdads. They were a solid mass on one side of it and since they stick so tight they do not brush off so I had to remove them one by one all the while trying (and failing) to keep them from attaching to what I was wearing. It was a nightmare, the long thin parts break off easily but they are very hard and brittle and go in like splinters but harder to get out. I can't pinpoint the location so I can get rid of whatever weed they are from as I was able to do with the cockle burrs. Popcorn kernels shown for reference. Left on an animals fur it burrows, entwines and twists itself so tight it must be cut out, or in the case of a poor critter with no human tending to them chewed out thus lodging in lips and gums.
20211103_204755.jpg
20211104_234816.jpg
20211105_001440.jpg

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I was petting Gypsy after finishing some popcorn and felt this nasty little thing. Its a seed pod from I don't know what plant. It is flat and hard and has stickers all over and while it combed out of Gypsys fur fairly easily I spent three hours last year clearing them off a hooded jacket of catdads. They were a solid mass on one side of it and since they stick so tight they do not brush off so I had to remove them one by one all the while trying (and failing) to keep them from attaching to what I was wearing. It was a nightmare, the long thin parts break off easily but they are very hard and brittle and go in like splinters but harder to get out. I can't pinpoint the location so I can get rid of whatever weed they are from as I was able to do with the cockle burrs. Popcorn kernels shown for reference. Left on an animals fur it burrows, entwines and twists itself so tight it must be cut out, or in the case of a poor critter with no human tending to them chewed out thus lodging in lips and gums.
View attachment 400673View attachment 400675View attachment 400676
Maybe this?

Identifying Wildflowers: Bidens Aristosa, Tickseed Sunflower - Dave's Garden

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 400673View attachment 400675View attachment 400676
In this part of the country, we call that a 'stick-tight' It grows wild and spreads by attaching it's seeds to any animal that brushes against it. If you want a real adventure, try combing a few thousand of them from a dog's coat after they've gone through a patch of them. What the proper name is, I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.