My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Sorry to hear that Smokey is not doing too well. It must have been quite a scare when you had to rush him to the vet. I remember years ago when my first cat Blackie had cancer and started panting with coughing. Vet said the cancer had spread to her lungs as well. We made her as comfortable as possible with medication. Hopefully the medication Smokey is receiving will help her. There is much more available now to help both humans and animals then there was years ago. Prayers are with you and Smokey always!
Also, so sorry about your friend. May he be resting with your sweet Sarah and all the kitties and may they watch over you with smiles.
You saved another two kitties!
All the kitties seem to find you. I know they are now in good hands, no matter what their history may be. You will make sure they are both loved and cared for.
You are their hero!
How is my sweet Wanda Heart? I love all your cats, just have a soft spot in my heart for orange/ginger cats.
Hope you are taking care of yourself as well. You must take care of yourself so you can take care of others.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Hope you are listening to your doctors and taking things easy.
Rest and time is the answer to your healing. Rest and let Hekitty comfort you.
The love of a kitty can work wonders.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gypsy took her time to choose a name? I don’t blame her. If I could have chosen my name, I would have taken my time. In fact, it took a bit of thinking to just come up with Jcatbird! :lol: I figured I could remember that!
I chose my nickname on a whim when I saw it in a baby name book at around the age of 14. This was probably a few months after I saw baby J's name in a book and knew I needed it for my future first daughter. Otherwise I'm really slow at picking names/usernames. I guess sometimes when you just know something's right, you know.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Jcatbird Jcatbird the cats of Chez Catbird are right. How dare those humans! Disturbing the peace is a crime! But you'd never know it sometimes, would you? The pro shows are beautiful but I still think, unnecessary. The independence occurred how many years ago? and so does there have to be noise pollution and danger every year because of it? Watch it on TV if you need to! *sigh*
I love your TCS name. Grey catbirds are some of my favorite birds, even though we don't have them here. I don't think anyone here has to guess why I love them. :lol:
This morning there was a bird in our front yard doing a round dance and chirping at the top of his/her lungs. IDK what it was all about. Elvis, lying in my lap while I had breakfast, took it all lying down. He didn't get excited at all.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How are your outside kittys doing?:bouquet::redheartpump::hearthrob:
Topper and his new-ish little buddy, Shadow, are here every night. I've seen Callie a couple of times. Still no Scamper or Splish. I may ask around about Splish...he was so very friendly, and loved playing with the kids, he may be living inside now. I know who to ask about it, too. They know EVERYTHING that goes onhere!

The fireworks started here about 10 minutes ago, and Hekitty has retired under the bed for the duration, poor old bunny.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man She still hones her craft though! Excavating the scratcher! Lol I’m sure she could teach Banjo a thing or two.

tabbytom tabbytom Bangold!:lol: Hmmmm. Could I get a band of gold out of Bangold? That could add to Banjo’s treasure box! Or... would gold from the litter box be banned gold?:lol: I’m not sureI would wear that. Lol

Their faces certainly told the story! Some of the kitties liked watching the colored sparkles if they didn’t make a Big Bang. The ones that sounded like cannons sent them all running. BJ kept trying to drag us all under a table or into carriers. Our guardian.

M maggiedemi I don’t know if you can win an evil heart but trying is admirable. Either way, keep yours pure.
Trying is the only way to accomplish things.
The name Catbird? Several reasons. I have always loved cat and birds along with all creatures but when I was very small I liked to go to the very top of a particular tree. I was usually there with the cats and the birds so I was compared to both. Lol I happen to love Catbirds too. My Dad called me Jbird so it all just kind of evolved.
I will have to see if Whistle would like earphones! Lol

@Loving MickeyThank you about Smokey and my friend. Smokey is a tough girl. She is strong and has done better than I had a right to hope for. But I did and do hope. My friend must be watching over us with our furred friends and Sarah. Maybe a few other friends and family who left in the past few months. It has been tough but I am counting my blessings that all the Clowder meme era are still with me through all.
The two latest kitties are very sweet. I am hoping to find homes for them but if that fails, they have a home now. I am trying to get vet appointments set up for them but they are very content to be safe, cool, dry and well fed. They both need to gain some weight.
I’m so sorry about your Blackie. It’s very hard to see our fur babies sick and have to say goodbye. They do leave us with a permanent addition to our hearts though.
Wanda Heart is doing fine! She has developed a passion for being brushed. Lol If I am not available to brush her, she does it herself! Lolololol I get so tickled when I walk in to find her holding the brush down and stroking her chin with it. Feels great! Now if she’ll just start brushing the other cats for me......:lol:

Lari Lari Isn’t it funny how , when we know a name is right, it sticks with us? I had chosen several girls names before Sarah was born but they just didn’t seem right. When it came to me what her full name should be it just fit. No doubt in my mind at all. It always seemed to have been the right name. Fortunately the kitties help me chose their names. So many kitties and so many names! Lol They all seem to fit too though. But then, a cat should know his/her own name! Lol I’m just a hooman.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I agree that pro shows are where fireworks should be! Like anyone, I can appreciate the beautiful show of light, patterns and color but o fail to see the fun of the noise. If I want thunder, I can listen to a storm. To me, thunder is a natural beauty but canons, not so much.
Glad you like my site name. I love catbirds. All my life I have followed them and often been fooled into thinking a kitten was calling me from a bush. Lol I have gone to rescue many nonexistent kittens only to find a bird laughing at me from a branch. Catbirds do a lovely courtship dance that I have seen a couple of times. A rare sight. I wonder if the bird you saw dancing might have been trying to impress a lady love. Baby birds coming soon?

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose Happy Fourth of July to you and everyone else! Another day to be grateful that we are all here together. Darling picture!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I am sure thatS ampersand Splish are around. The children probably will know everything. It would be great is Splish has a home. I’m glad the others have realized you are back. Poor Hekitty. The explosions make me jump when I am not expecting them. I think @maggiedemiay have hit on something. Noise canceling ear muffs. Simons cat gets it!
That will follow.

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 So true! Years back, I had one rocket land on my deck during a drought! It smoldered and I had to get a hose on it. Thank goodness I was watching. Around here the professional show is held over the ocean. No fire risI wonder how the fish feel about that?

No rest for the weary! Lol The kitties and the fireworks kept us all up. They are going stronger now! Fortunately some kitties know have a calming routine.
Banjo, let’s relax with a nice bath.
476D046A-32B0-45CF-A116-54D0A76E0027.jpeg

I can understand humans liking the firefly colors but why so much noise? All that noise made me tense.
AF951FCE-6036-401E-A4D1-D1E5067D483B.jpeg

How about a nice neck lick?
244FCC27-ACE9-4EA7-A475-4EF5DE8BC2B0.jpeg

Oh yes. This works. You lock me and I’ll lick you.
183F4941-5178-4FB9-AA8D-DB7EB4B1D573.jpeg

Heehee! That tickles Banjo!
6FDA00FB-7EA6-4F92-AA1F-66D03A06E222.jpeg

It’s hard to lick while I’m laughing!
C7AD5CC9-516F-405E-AB80-23F149229D0C.jpeg

Let me get you.
1CB3CA3E-7288-4608-8131-1CC71F99C9F9.jpeg

Ahhhh. That’s the best spot Whistle. I had a little headache.
351FFDF1-3C1C-47F6-9333-800207F43887.jpeg

It relaxes the muscles that you tensed
up.
9CFDA6CC-5339-41F2-AF02-8660D7AC6A6D.jpeg

08C97581-2F89-47BA-9B92-818DF533BE98.jpeg

Does this make it better?
4A3A8705-2102-448C-8F0C-366FC5BF8068.jpeg

Yes and I think I am going to laugh too!
C4B25926-6EEE-4A9A-A674-A77A7E400881.jpeg

Oh no! The ear really tickles! Snicker, snicker.
CDFEA4F1-9B45-4991-8874-FB29C679E654.jpeg

It’s making my nose twitch!
A736A62E-84F6-4A21-9F1D-6254AD22FCE9.jpeg

Let me see if it does that to you!
22D72562-B2C9-4615-A7E3-A033262A8686.jpeg

Ummm, Banjo? I hate to say anything but I get a distinct of frog. Have you been snuggling Froggie?
0EFFD9DA-9E1A-4E8B-8F00-87578FFEB0FB.jpeg

well, I did snuggle Froggie but it might be something else. See that? I was really nervous earlier and...
96E394C8-2A29-4FB5-9AA1-44031CA2CF18.jpeg

I heard that babies get comfort from sucking their thumbs so I tried it.
488D4B06-094A-4C34-AEE2-7F26CE69BD49.jpeg

I don’t know if it really helped. Kind of gritty and furry. Babies don’t have fur.
Maybe if I had tried it before I stepped in the litter box........
D83D41BC-A175-4E5F-BF2A-14C9C3A5B3AF.jpeg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Bangold!:lol: Hmmmm. Could I get a band of gold out of Bangold? That could add to Banjo’s treasure box! Or... would gold from the litter box be banned gold?:lol: I’m not sureI would wear that. Lol
Whatever it is, your kitties are gold!

Their faces certainly told the story! Some of the kitties liked watching the colored sparkles if they didn’t make a Big Bang. The ones that sounded like cannons sent them all running. BJ kept trying to drag us all under a table or into carriers. Our guardian.
Yes, great expressions from them and they do speak their minds.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wanda Heart is doing fine! She has developed a passion for being brushed. Lol If I am not available to brush her, she does it herself! Lolololol I get so tickled when I walk in to find her holding the brush down and stroking her chin with it.
Oh, that sounds pawsitively precious. Hope you get a pic sometime that you can post. :lovecat2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may have something there, Jcatbird Jcatbird . Not sure what kind of bird -- small and dark grey -- but (s)he was really putting all into the song and dance.
The news last night showed aerial views of the entire area and it looked very much like where I lived two locations ago -- like a war zone. They were at it from before dark until very late last night and the air is smoky this morning. You can smell the gunpowder.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I have a squirrel loving friend on twitter but unfortunately I am not on Instagram so can't share that video. Just adorable. Elvis loves his ears tweaked like that.

Last edited:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighborhood went crazy with the fireworks. They were still lighting them off till 3am albeit a few here and there. All my regulars came for food today. One of my backyard cats seemed extra needy for attention. So I comforted the poor baby and gave him a good petting. My indoor kitty seemed unfazed by the fireworks, but she was also in need a good petting. Hey, there is more of that to go around. :catlove:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
You may have something there, Jcatbird Jcatbird . Not sure what kind of bird -- small and dark grey -- but (s)he was really putting all into the song and dance.
The news last night showed aerial views of the entire area and it looked very much like where I lived two locations ago -- like a war zone. They were at it from before dark until very late last night and the air is smoky this morning. You can smell the gunpowder.
dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I have a squirrel loving friend on twitter but unfortunately I am not on Instagram so can't share that video. Just adorable. Elvis loves his ears tweaked like that.
I'll see if I can post it to fb. If they aren't on Instagram they can always see it here. Fur dad is the offical ear rubbing minion.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose my nickname on a whim when I saw it in a baby name book at around the age of 14.
Oh, I thought that was your real name. :headscratch:

The pro shows are beautiful but I still think, unnecessary.
I liked fireworks when I was a kid, but never cared about them as an adult, just doesn't interest me. :dunno:

I don’t know if you can win an evil heart but trying is admirable.
Oh I don't want to win her evil heart! I just want to win by getting away from it. :running:

I had chosen several girls names before Sarah was born but they just didn’t seem right.
I'm using all my baby names for cats. Maggie was one. Now I just need Gracie, Gretchen, Bronwen, Karis, & Marnie. :thumbsup:

why so much noise? All that noise made me tense.
I can relate Banjo. Noisy people hurt my nerves too. Finding a peaceful place is better, if you can. 🙌

I heard that babies get comfort from sucking their thumbs so I tried it.
Oh no, Banjo has been using Google again. :lol:

Jcatbird is making an early night of it. I spoke with her briefly, and she's just SO tired! She'll see you all tomorrow.
Okay Jcatbird Jcatbird --Talk to you later. I know we always come back together, like boomerangs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.