My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom My philosophy, too! :)
M maggiedemi No, viciousness and the kill instinct cannot be bred out or trained out of pitbulls. Every one of them is unpredictable and has that instinct. Without any warning or reason, they turn on others and then it's too late. You can read the endless statistics of humans, cats, other dogs, and other animals maimed and killed by these things. Every one of them should be destroyed without delay. They have been generationally bred to fight and kill and nothing stops them once they fix on a target. The ignorance and bloodmindedness of the "Pitbulls and Parolees" people and all of the pitbull advocates would just be SMH stupid if it wasn't so dangerous. It would be one thing if those that have these things kept them in their own homes and didn't ask anyone else for sympathy when they maim or kill someone in the home. But they don't. And the rest of us have that danger that we don't want and should not have to deal with. I see a couple of skinhead type guys, big muscular guys, each walking one of these, on my block fairly frequently. I won't go outside while they are anywhere near.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Thanks for the info! Yes, I asked out of caring and I'm glad to hear that it's secure. Looks like SOMEONE may be sharing your phone there ;). I guess you can plan for a big bill :insertevillaugh: *and a lot of joy!* I know you are still basking in the glow of having Thrasher back, and you're not alone in that. It's almost miraculous that you were able to get her back, after so long a time! I am still saying grateful *Prayers* that she is with her family again, safe, comfortable and loved.

Yes, my online friend was an amazing man. I just tried to find his book online and since is was independently published, I guess it isn't available any more. He continues to inspire me and I'm sure, many others. He once blogged that his ancestor (don't remember which one - may have been his father or grandfather) would say, "Keep a-goin'" whenever it was needed. I remember that when I'm tired or demoralized. Always keep a-goin' ;)

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom BJ went in the room for awhile yesterday and stayed with her. He didn’t growl and they snuggled. Finally!

She also allowed Muffin in for a visit.

I think we are making great progress at Thrashers pace. This is the best feeling! Finally, the furmily is complete again. Hooman purring! Lol
[/QUOTE]
Yay, that makes me so so happy!!!!! :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: Amazing news.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I love that! Just ask for what you want. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to ask "him" for that cuddle. Or at the very least he might lend me his dog to cuddle with when I'm cold, right Jcatbird Jcatbird ? ;) :flail:
Don't wait too long, or 'someday' may never come. Case in point: I am not by nature a confidant, outgoing type. The why of it takes too long and is boring, so I won't go into it. When I reconnected with Michele after 9 years, I felt that she was THE ONE, but I was scared spitless to ask; not because I was afraid that she would say no, but because I was afraid that she would laugh out loud- and then say no. But I did ask and she didn't laugh, and here we are after all these years. You never know what is possible until you try..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't wait too long, or 'someday' may never come. Case in point: I am not by nature a confidant, outgoing type. The why of it takes too long and is boring, so I won't go into it. When I reconnected with Michele after 9 years, I felt that she was THE ONE, but I was scared spitless to ask; not because I was afraid that she would say no, but because I was afraid that she would laugh out loud- and then say no. But I did ask and she didn't laugh, and here we are after all these years. You never know what is possible until you try..
That is one of the sweetest stories I've ever heard! Good on ya for being brave!
My mom had a friend who was married and divorced, married and widowed, and then somehow reconnected with her highschool sweetheart. They married. Amazing how things like that can happen!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m here! Gotta be quick though! Very spotty and no server all day! Sorry there is no time to respond to everyone individually as usual. Please forgive me! I’ll get back to normal posts as soon as possible. These storms are elsewhere too. Texas got it pretty hard as well. Thank you strider rose strider rose for passing the message and thank you to everyone for missing us! I love the IT kittens! Lol Hmmm. I wonder if I can hire them! Lol @maggiede I haven’t been able to get emails or texts either. Only able to use my landline earlier. My family just called and they have finally made it close to here. Terrible storm and lots of water. Hate to tell you guys but had a copperhead show up at the outside catio! Yesh! It’s been a busy day. Got the boat nearby just in case. Lol Captain Banjo is ready to man the helm. Froggie is safe and at the door.
Everything is loading verrry slowly. Hopefully I get this ifore the signal is gone again. Feeling extremely thankful that Thrasher is inside tonight.

I had help all day.

Banjo, can you prepare the meals?
Of course!
8F5F95FE-0A3D-45B3-A3EC-C4CB161E37F9.jpeg

Have I got enough plates out? 1,2,3,4,....
F6074EB1-9883-4EC4-BFC6-840357B2DBE4.jpeg

Maybe I’ll make a few extra too!
14317084-35EF-4477-AB42-D4C1058B82C4.jpeg

Who wants fish and who wants, chicken?!?!!
E5AB41D5-1C72-406A-9CF2-FB45A282CB0D.jpeg

Hmmm, I better do a taste test. Yep! Chicken.
290DD540-80E5-40E8-9292-24D37D86E803.jpeg

Twelve chicken so..... 16 fish.
121478D2-9101-4EFB-958F-8C6A105319F8.jpeg

Gotta add the Fancy Feast too. I think I’ll prepare flaked shrimp.
15D38358-3C13-4B65-B9DD-5D235C327376.jpeg

Is the fish fresh?
BB088DE6-3459-4409-862C-A6E50C23AD0C.jpeg

Ummm. Just twelve more.
730B3A82-5E7D-4290-9301-B8E071909A37.jpeg

This is thirsty work!
D492C595-718A-41F9-8A59-38E42F678C79.jpeg

Gravvvvvyyyyy! Lol
194D23EA-644E-4FA5-8000-F35D587064FA.jpeg

Fish and chicken gravy. I should fix all the meals!
CE854D94-9103-4075-A088-35F4FFC793F6.jpeg

No you shouldn’t. I want my gravy unlicked!
FF3EECB3-407E-4A81-9A73-37753FE3698A.jpeg

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
storm and lots of water. Hate to tell you guys but had a copperhead show up at the outside catio!
I am so sorry about all that rain and havoc it is wreaking. When I read the part that you had a Copperhead just outside the Catio, my heart nearly stopped.😱 Stay safe and remain in doors until it is safe to go out. Wear thick boots to be on the safe side. I will say some prayers for you and everyone at Chez Catbird. Take care.❤❤❤

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My family just called and they have finally made it close to here. Terrible storm and lots of water. Hate to tell you guys but had a copperhead show up at the outside catio! Yesh! It’s been a busy day. Got the boat nearby just in case. Lol Captain Banjo is ready to man the helm. Froggie is safe and at the door.
Everything is loading verrry slowly. Hopefully I get this ifore the signal is gone again. Feeling extremely thankful that Thrasher is inside tonight.
Good to hear from you and hope that your family will make it safe to your place.

Kitties at the helm?.........Aye Aye Captain. Froggy's safe by the door and hope the copperhead go away and stay far away!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, viciousness and the kill instinct cannot be bred out or trained out of pitbulls.
That's so sad. I've only ever really been around Pomeranians, Collies, and Golden Retrievers so far. 🐕🐩

Always keep a-goin'
That sounds like your other saying. Keep Rollin' I think it was? Or Roll On? 👍

Don't wait too long, or 'someday' may never come.
I know. He's 15 years older than me, so I worry about him dying on me! Maybe he'll let me take care of him in his old age. :crossfingers:

I haven’t been able to get emails or texts either.
If we miss each other, just leave me an email or 2. You know I always come back eventually, like a boomerang. ;)

had a copperhead show up at the outside catio!
Oh heck no! That is definitely not a way to get me to visit. :fear:

No you shouldn’t. I want my gravy unlicked!
Ha! I'm the same way. Never mess with my food! And certainly don't lick it. :nono:

Copperhead go away or else I'll make a copper pan out of you!
Say what?! We have some of those new fancy copper pans. Now you're making me wonder....😲

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.