My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so sad. I've only ever really been around Pomeranians, Collies, and Golden Retrievers so far. šŸ•šŸ©

That sounds like your other saying. Keep Rollin' I think it was? Or Roll On? šŸ‘

I know. He's 15 years older than me, so I worry about him dying on me! Maybe he'll let me take care of him in his old age. :crossfingers:

If we miss each other, just leave me an email or 2. You know I always come back eventually, like a boomerang. ;)

Oh heck no! That is definitely not a way to get me to visit. :fear:

Ha! I'm the same way. Never mess with my food! And certainly don't lick it. :nono:

Say what?! We have some of those new fancy copper pans. Now you're making me wonder....šŸ˜²
I had a friend- it's hard to believe that he's been gone for 14 years now- who had a saying:"Columbus took a chance". Besides, I'm almost 15 years older than your friend is, and I'm still above the grass, instead of looking up at the roots. Too, there's that whole 'sickness or in health' thing to consider.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Yeah, he took a chance and when we met him at the boat, we should have made sure it was the LAST chance he ever took. We been dealing with the consequences of our graciousness ever since.:fuming:
Yes, M maggiedemi a pitbull is a whole 'nother thing. You can read stats and articles about them on Animals 24-7 online. She's an ex-cop and ex-pitbull guardian who speaks from experience and would not say it if it wasn't so. And stats don't lie. The numbers of people, cats, other dogs, and other animals these things maim and kill, often out of the blue with absolutely no provocation and often family members, is not to be taken lightly. A pitbull is about as different from a golden retriever as I am from a cartel CEO.
And no, that's not one of my sayings, but I have seen it a lot.
Hope you do get your Prince Charming and hope it works out well for you.
Well, Jcatbird Jcatbird , it is copperhead country. Hopefully (s)he'll slither on. Maybe visit a pitbull! *Now there's a thought!* :agree:
Wow, Chez Catbird is a full-service restaurant! *I'll have the shrimp, please!* Looks like Ms. Banjo's got it under control.
Hoping the weather lets up and all will be well -- or better -- very soon.
VERY thankful that Thrasher is safe and comfortable with her family once again!!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to back track on the posts a bit but nearly ready to crash for the night. Extremely long day and many more coming up with the family. I finally got to see them and everyone is headed to bed. Early day tomorrow.

tabbytom tabbytom Cats are right! Ask for what you want it need! Cats are so smart!

M maggiedemi It might get you the dog but either way, youā€™d be warm!
Donā€™t worry about the snake. I donā€™t see them here often. That poor fellow just had to move when the land across the road was cleared and he lost his habitat. So did a lot of bunnies and other creatures. I hate to see more loss of habitat. If I had known I would have fought it. Probably would have lost but I did win one time. This was done without anyone knowing beforehand. :cloudy:
The snake is not here anymore.
Collies, Pomeranians and many others are very different kinds of dogs. Pomeranians are like little fluff puppies and very cute.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 It is miraculous that Thrasher is here. She must have had true protection while she was gone. This wasnā€™t your ā€œnormalā€ lost kitty story. I would never have given up the search though. Itā€™s just so great to have her back. She lights up the house!
Too bad your friends book isnā€™t available. I would like to have read it. He sounds like an amazing human.
Good thing I got that door fixed! I might have had an uninvited visitor! The cats would have dispatched that guy pretty quickly. I have seen them do that to a copperhead before. I wouldnā€™t want them taking that chance.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Iā€™m so happy too! Thrasher is talking a lot now! She is the most loving kitty. She has always been a little vocal but now more than ever. I guess sheā€™s telling me all about her experiences.

N NY cat man Michelle recognizes her Prince. Smart lady! Thatā€™s such a wonderful story. I love happy endings! I agree that we never know unless we try. Iā€™m so glad you tried. You got your Princess!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That candle must have worked! I got on okay tonight. A little sketchy but went through. Power has been out in the next town and we are supposed to be having storms all week. I may have some other interruptions but Iā€™ll be here whenever I can.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I snake prodded that catio. I havenā€™t been letting the kitties out there much because of that dog but I safeguarded it against snakes, bugs and weather so when the cats do get to be out there, they will be safe from most things. My Dad thought it was funny that EVERY kind of creature shows up at my door. He said the snake just wanted to be part of the Clowder.:oops: Apparently the quail spread the word.

tabbytom tabbytom I was pretty relieved when Froggie and friends showed up. They were in hiding and rightfully so. I have draped some clear plastic over the doors until this weather clears and any creatures on the move have settled somewhere. The frogs came right out as soon as I gave them more cover. Safe sanctuary.
My family is here and safe too. Thank you!
The snake is gone.
ā€œIf your pans have not been to Jcatbirds yard! ā€œ:flail: Yes. They are safe.

Lari Lari Seeing the snake really made me glad that Thrasher is inside. A colony of cats would dispatch him but a single cat would be more at risk.
I would have been very worried. More than I already was!

strider rose strider rose Claw and order! :flail:I laughed so I know Mackie will. He loves that kind of show. He wants to be inspector Catseau when he grows up! That way he could find his own pink panther to play with.

BellaGooch BellaGooch I think Dolly was a little worried that Banjo was sampling more than she should be. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An update on Thrasher, the cat that dances with the leaves.
Doing better Thrasher?!

DF7660BF-3414-407C-9A6E-9FF7F1852587.jpeg

Oh yes. It is very good to be home!
BD7B1A7A-237E-4FCE-A678-605B212DD919.jpeg

I missed home.
CC6EB6EF-4A64-41D6-8375-8724CC193B56.jpeg

I must make up for lost time. Giving love to my hooman.
844A2C2B-8C8A-40C2-BC95-6D8AC9BB9541.jpeg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
0838AF78-B931-4329-B9E3-D7FC551ABFEC.jpeg

Get all of me scritched hooman.
96993499-D467-48B0-95F8-E3397DA6DA3A.jpeg

Whatā€™s that noise?

D98B08E3-1013-4F85-8A2B-D4BB1D23A95B.jpeg

You did what?
FEAD7AD9-4105-4895-B437-2617D2EF80C2.jpeg

You let a Muffin in?
6C1F818D-1318-4F00-8079-D678DC8E4335.jpeg

You want pets now too?
958A4468-71B5-4EE3-B50B-22D5E1B5A312.jpeg

Well....
C0B4C8C3-6886-4F51-8D92-3BA22D8651F0.jpeg

I suppose youā€™ll want to pet the Muffin too hooman?
7C05E6E1-25DE-464B-99CE-1C46E071B7C8.jpeg

But, but, I need the pets!
5AF94741-F846-44D7-91CD-AEEB584CA56B.jpeg

Lay down and wait your turn Muffin! I learned the art of stink eye while I was gone!
DAF73C4B-2384-4B4D-B593-5617FAEDF898.jpeg

You did?
5BD2CBD2-3579-41FA-8222-627D88BF9A1C.jpeg

Laying down now!
E9A9D330-EF25-46BC-B6EA-EE07D6D9E010.jpeg

Worked pretty well huh? Wink, wink. Proceed Hooman.
4321656E-C465-4C3B-BD18-6EE2B60E107D.jpeg

Thrasher is doing well!:lol:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The snake is gone.
Great to hear that they arrived safely and the copperhead is gone.
Oh yes. It is very good to be home!
It is also great to hear that Thrasher is making progress and indeed, she sure missed home!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he took a chance and when we met him at the boat, we should have made sure it was the LAST chance he ever took.
I had to read that 5 times, but I think I got your meaning. ;)

It might get you the dog but either way, youā€™d be warm!
Yeah, maybe I should just take the dog after all. Never have to wonder how they feel about you. :lol:

Pomeranians are like little fluff puppies and very cute.
Yeah, I don't think Bosco would cause much damage. When we ran around the yard, he was so excited that he kept throwing himself at me. But it didn't hurt. ā¤

I got on okay tonight. A little sketchy but went through.
Hmmm...I'll have to borrow this saying. My day was a little sketchy, but I got on okay. ;)

My Dad thought it was funny that EVERY kind of creature shows up at my door. He said the snake just wanted to be part of the Clowder.
Ha! I can just picture this conversation. Your dad sounds lovely. Enjoy your visit & the laughs with him. :hugs:

I think Dolly was a little worried that Banjo was sampling more than she should be.
I guess I need to study the cat chart again, cause I thought that was Purry! :headscratch:

the cat that dances with the leaves.
I loved that movie! It was dances with wolves though. Have you ever had a wolf try to join the clowder? šŸ˜²

You let a Muffin in?
Awww, I would let the Muffin cake in. I love that brown coffee/Tortie colored door. My favorite color lately. šŸ‘

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to back track on the posts a bit but nearly ready to crash for the night. Extremely long day and many more coming up with the family. I finally got to see them and everyone is headed to bed. Early day tomorrow.

tabbytom tabbytom Cats are right! Ask for what you want it need! Cats are so smart!

M maggiedemi It might get you the dog but either way, youā€™d be warm!
Donā€™t worry about the snake. I donā€™t see them here often. That poor fellow just had to move when the land across the road was cleared and he lost his habitat. So did a lot of bunnies and other creatures. I hate to see more loss of habitat. If I had known I would have fought it. Probably would have lost but I did win one time. This was done without anyone knowing beforehand. :cloudy:
The snake is not here anymore.
Collies, Pomeranians and many others are very different kinds of dogs. Pomeranians are like little fluff puppies and very cute.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 It is miraculous that Thrasher is here. She must have had true protection while she was gone. This wasnā€™t your ā€œnormalā€ lost kitty story. I would never have given up the search though. Itā€™s just so great to have her back. She lights up the house!
Too bad your friends book isnā€™t available. I would like to have read it. He sounds like an amazing human.
Good thing I got that door fixed! I might have had an uninvited visitor! The cats would have dispatched that guy pretty quickly. I have seen them do that to a copperhead before. I wouldnā€™t want them taking that chance.

BellaGooch BellaGooch Iā€™m so happy too! Thrasher is talking a lot now! She is the most loving kitty. She has always been a little vocal but now more than ever. I guess sheā€™s telling me all about her experiences.

N NY cat man Michelle recognizes her Prince. Smart lady! Thatā€™s such a wonderful story. I love happy endings! I agree that we never know unless we try. Iā€™m so glad you tried. You got your Princess!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 That candle must have worked! I got on okay tonight. A little sketchy but went through. Power has been out in the next town and we are supposed to be having storms all week. I may have some other interruptions but Iā€™ll be here whenever I can.

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I snake prodded that catio. I havenā€™t been letting the kitties out there much because of that dog but I safeguarded it against snakes, bugs and weather so when the cats do get to be out there, they will be safe from most things. My Dad thought it was funny that EVERY kind of creature shows up at my door. He said the snake just wanted to be part of the Clowder.:oops: Apparently the quail spread the word.

tabbytom tabbytom I was pretty relieved when Froggie and friends showed up. They were in hiding and rightfully so. I have draped some clear plastic over the doors until this weather clears and any creatures on the move have settled somewhere. The frogs came right out as soon as I gave them more cover. Safe sanctuary.
The snake is gone.
ā€œIf your pans have not been to Jcatbirds yard! ā€œ:flail: Yes. They are safe.

Lari Lari Seeing the snake really made me glad that Thrasher is inside. A colony of cats would dispatch him but a single cat would be more at risk.
I would have been very worried. More than I already was!

strider rose strider rose Claw and order! :flail:I laughed so I know Mackie will. He loves that kind of show. He wants to be inspector Catseau when he grows up! That way he could find his own pink panther to play with.

BellaGooch BellaGooch I think Dolly was a little worried that Banjo was sampling more than she should be. Lol
While I might describe myself in many different ways, the term 'prince' would appear in none of those self-evaluations. Luckily, Michele is a country girl, and has always been something of a tomboy, so she isn't put off by frogs.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, M maggiedemi I think you did and if you did, it was meant seriously. We had a nice place here until THEY came. And if you study the true history, right from their own journals, you'll know why I feel that way.
Well, N NY cat man -- you may not see yourself as a prince, but if you reflect on how few good marriages/unions there are here (or anywhere else) you might feel that crown on your head.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Oh, he was! I was a little wary, him being from where he was and all, but in his book he mentioned a relative who got tied to a tree overnight and lost some of his toes to frostbite as a result. The reason? He opposed the confederates. That made me feel a whole lot better!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Dad thought it was funny that EVERY kind of creature shows up at my door. He said the snake just wanted to be part of the Clowder.:oops:
Your Dad sounds like a really wonderful man. I'm sure being back home is bittersweet for him, but glad you are getting to spend some time with him.

Give him a hug from me and Ruby, and tell him it's coming all the way from Canada. Here's a recent pic of her, when I was trying get one for the camouflage PotM contest.

1622917724047.png

Thrasher is doing well!:lol:
Four purrfect words to make a purrfect sentence. :hearthrob::hearthrob::hearthrob:

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy that you can be reunited with your dad and the rest of your family! Enjoy your time together and get some rest.

Yay Thrasher! Iā€™m so happy she is doing better and her voice is coming back. Her and Ms. Muffin are so cute.

rubysmama rubysmama Ruby is so beautiful! I love her coat and her pretty green eyes. And I agree. Jcatbird Jcatbird dad sounds wonderful. :redheartpump:

Status
Not open for further replies.