My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man muffy muffy tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 M maggiedemi Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose rubysmama rubysmama pearl99 pearl99 BellaGooch BellaGooch Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 tabbytom tabbytom Lari Lari
I am so sorry I have missed so many posts. Missed you all! I may still be a bit off and on for a little while. The fumes from that flooring made me sick. I also had to move Goldilocks and the bears, ventilate the house by opening everything up ( brrrr) and go to the company that sold me the tile for suggestions. The hope was that the cleaning fluid they supplied would work. Short of that I was told to rip up the flooring. I kept trying the cleaner and it just seemed to make things worse. I was told it would work “eventually” but wheezing, swollen and burning eyes and throat along with being dizzy and headache, etc. , I could not wait any longer. I am now in the process of having to clean walls, fabrics, furniture etc. . Basically everything in the house. As you all know, I love that tile. It’s just not worth being so sick. At the store the seller showed me the proper adhesive remover because one the tile is up, you still have a day of using that, scraping the whole floor down and then using an absorbent to soak that up, then cleaning off the cleaner! I had the manager suggest that I got a “bad batch of tile!” I don’t know if it was bad but it’s not something I would want to use again. Still working this all out and towards a better outcome.
Thank you all so much for missing us! Elvis, that was very sweet!
Scamper, stay home sweetie! I hope he is healing okay.
We will be back as we feel better and I have time between clean ups. We are hanging in there!:hangin:

Saying goodbye to the new floor. One last look as I worked to push out the bad air.
770A418C-7F67-45ED-941B-10BBFEED286D.jpeg
2DA7EC97-7286-48AC-BD21-CEA5119FFE35.jpeg

I hope everyone else is okay.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Happy Valentines Day! dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Such a great Valentines Day!!I smiled at the photos. Beautiful backdrop! Gypsy looks lovely. The first and fourth photos are my favorites. What did she say?? Lol Thank you for such precious photos!
:crackup:She was saying " Hurry up mom you know I don't like my picture taken!":lol2::lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Gypsy is lovely and the red really compliments her coloring! That's a wonderful PURRmaid, too, for Wanda Heart
Jcatbird Jcatbird , how awful that all of your hard work and anticipation of a beautiful new floor has come to naught but MORE hard work and problems! Will the manufacturer or the store that sold you to product offer any sort of reimbursement beyond a refund, I wonder? It shows very poorly on them.
Do you know what you're going to do next as far as flooring is concerned?
I had a somewhat similar experience with my roomie (though far less in terms of work!) She likes fragrance oils and has a preference for very, very strong, sharp ones. She was using them as hand lotion!!! which meant that everything she touched was ruined. It actually took the paint off some of my cupboards and I will eventually have to repaint them (I'm going to wait because, sadly, my roomies are quite destructive in terms of wear and tear. I don't even know HOW they do these things, but they do.) Also, she loves lavender as a fragrance oil. It stunk up the entire house and my eyes and nose were actually burning from it. I tried to endure it because she loves it so much, but I finally had to show my roomies the destruction and ask her not to use these oils while she lives here. They are actually intended for those scent rings, I think -- NEVER as skin fragrances and certainly NEVER as hand lotion!!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , BOY is it nice to see you posting some, even if it will be limited for a bit!

Scamper is fine, thank you all for asking. I kinda expect him to get the stuffing beaten out of himself regularly during this breeding season. Even if I can manage to catch the little rascal and get him neutered, those hormones will be there for a bit! AND...AJ (Austin, Jr.) showed up to eat last night limping on his RIGHT front paw! They're a matched set now!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am now in the process of having to clean walls, fabrics, furniture etc. . Basically everything in the house.
Is it weird that I find that exciting? A house clean from top to bottom would make me swoon. Sorry about having to rip up your beautiful floor though! Wish you were closer so I could help you and do all your laundry. :hugs:

BJ brought me a Valentine from the Clowder to cheer me up.
That's so sweet. I saw some heart shaped pasta and a heart shaped casserole dish. I thought that was a cute idea. 💘

I forgot to post the unicorn mermaid photo for Wanda Heart
Awww, a unicorn kitty would be fabulous. 😍 Great pics of Gypsy.

They are actually intended for those scent rings, I think -- NEVER as skin fragrances and certainly NEVER as hand lotion!!!
There are some skin safe oils, but they are supposed to be diluted with a lotion or carrier oil, not straight on the skin. 😲
Sorry about your cupboards, hopefully there wasn't too much other damage.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Thank you! We are hanging in there and I must say that it really is a lift having all our friends here caring about us. I certainly felt it when I couldn’t be here. Missed everyone!

@dustydiamond1Gypsy looked so beautiful! Lady says that she wants me to look for a red outfit for her too. Lol No Pictures Gypsy? Well, I understand that not all kitties love cameras but you are sooo photogenic. Thank you for allowing the photos! Lol The Unicorn Mermaid is so cute! AND it’s a smiling unicorn mermaid kitty! The very best kind! Wanda Heart patted her on the phone.:greenpaw: A new friend!

rubysmama rubysmama Thank you!! It is taking more clean up than I had anticipated but we’ll get there. That room will be squeaky clean by the time I finish. Lol

pearl99 pearl99 Definitely a nightmare. Our dream floor gone bad. Things will be better when this is all over. I will really miss the tile but not the chemicals. I am just grateful that I got the cats out when I did. It could have been worse.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I have not been told anything from the seller of the tile except to return it for a refund. The manager did provide me with the cleaner and adhesive remover. The person I spoke to at Customer service online phone number told me to “take the tile out and return it.” I had to ask if there was anything to remove the smell. The lady said the cleaner should help eventually. I bounced through several calls before I got any helpful suggestions. The manufacturer I found said they could not find that specific tile. Then they told me that it must have been made by someone else. The seller told me who manufacturer was when I first called them but later said it was probably made in China.:dunno: Sold under a Brand name. I guess I will be lucky to just get a refund. I have to provide the receipt , of course. Customer service says it will be in sellers computer but....I won’t depend on that. I am hoping the seller won’t deduct a “restocking” fee. Often they do that on returns. The whole thing is very discouraging and literally sickening. I asked at the store what I could use to replace the tile that would be safe. The flooring employee suggested other tiles but could not say what chemicals might be present so she felt that my only safe option was ceramic or porcelain tile! I don’t think I am still young enough to do the cutting of that kind of tile and mortar job. At this point, I have no idea what I will do to solve this and now my floor is worse than it was! I am a bit worse for wear too. Goldi and the bears have had a rough time too. For anyone considering new flooring, please read up on what the newest practices are in the manufacturing process! I have found there are some fairly “green” products out there but many floorings these days contain things you don’t want around yourself, your cats, your children or any live creatures. I never dreamed that such toxic things are being used now. Wool carpet and some natural fibers seem to be the safest. Solid wood flooring seems fairly safe. I don’t know. I am going to be looking up as much info as I can find.
Your roomies are heavy handed and highly fragrant! I could not deal with the oils either. I like nice scents but those oils are very potent. A little goes a long way! It actually took the pain off?!? Wow! Imagine what it must be doing to the skin! I’m glad you spoke up!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Thank you! I really miss everyone when I can’t be here. I like to keep up with my TCS family!
Scamper! When we can’t catch them for neutering, at least we know they are getting a chance to do their catting around for the moment. BJ certainly did a good job protecting the ladies and the kittens of the colony. I am sure he saved many kitty lives while he was out there. I bet Scamper is doing that too. Perhaps even teaching AJ how to get away. I hope AJ will heal quickly and learn how to avoid other hurts. Scamper may be teaching him survival skills and we know he is the best one to teach that.

M maggiedemi It’s not weird that you find that exciting. I know you love the idea of super cleaning. I wish you were here too! I could use the help! I used a scrub brush on the walls last night! I am really sad about the tiles though. I loved that tile! Don’t worry though, if you ever come, I’ll find lots of fun things to clean!;) I’ll get Banjo to wipe dirty paws on every blanket. Froggie can track in some mud and Lady can roll in some leaves.
Heart shaped pasta? That is so cute! I haven’t seen anything like that!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. We are overdue for a smile post! Straight from the thoughts of a kitty. Interpreting cat speak.

So..... this is the fish I have been hearing about! I guess you may have known Froggie when he was just a tadpole!
ABBF4A95-4F4F-4CB7-A985-84D1549F2B2B.jpeg

Hey.
F357CD71-D236-4F11-A504-B1B7D01F6EC9.jpeg

I know some cats eat fish but this fish could be a Froggie friend Bonjure.
D8209BFF-6AB8-4776-A3B2-8D9B46AF02A1.jpeg

Are other cats watching too?
BC5B282B-BD34-47FE-B871-FC3BA2B28A13.jpeg

I think the other cats are watching!
64C7DDD1-B6DC-402E-B5BA-90112557B9DC.jpeg

No one is coming closer, are they?
682333D1-B358-4E37-8E78-FF61471BBE09.jpeg

I have a sneaky feeling that Muffin is watching.
FB50B669-EF70-48AC-903E-03FFE79BFE78.jpeg

Maybe I should do something.
647F7F25-C065-44A2-AF79-5B5EE9390397.jpeg

Sorry Muffin but this fish isn’t for eating.
60527CC4-DA3A-4F88-B8E9-2D975E8FB523.jpeg

Mom? What should I do?
Well Banjo, I think you need to protect Fishie the same way you protect Froggie!
D15A61CC-ADF5-457A-9A7D-0C251CDF3A48.jpeg

Come on Fishie.
FB8DB836-44AA-4BD7-A950-E66C1BA2B481.jpeg

I need you to come with me.
BA7DB45B-B685-4115-B9B9-792042C50C13.jpeg

You’re a wiggly thing!
2B4827B4-7040-46B9-BFA6-B36C84721237.jpeg

Stop jumping away Fishie!
A2C116E6-5345-4AB0-B8E5-569E881CACAD.jpeg

That’s it. Come to Banjo.
7629A88F-7167-48FC-A6E2-8E616C084FF6.jpeg

Hey! Don’t you understand cat speak?
23AE3F97-D1A7-48C3-89BF-91E92A9B63B7.jpeg

I’m just trying to rescue you. Get in the box with me!
E0F45F3A-D1E8-429E-9CB1-80CBB51BA978.jpeg

That’s better!
035769AF-7260-4841-A67F-6C98E06584B4.jpeg

Put your tail down too.
65FE9A03-639B-4C8E-A35B-AC99DFC320E4.jpeg

Right there.
74A69965-69CD-4B43-832F-6209F627EACC.jpeg

Fishie is a lot more wiggly than Froggie!
24B3D7AD-3D32-41D7-A8E3-CD3B33DAD7DF.jpeg

Your tail is showing again! I know it’s hard for us to tuck our tails in sometimes but...
E349EEDF-E4A7-4D1E-B413-187340E286BA.jpeg

You really have to listen to me to stay safe. Now stay down there!
5D47B514-0E0B-4CF8-A6E5-228CD84139BF.jpeg

Okay. You’re hidden now. I’ll sit with you.
6C4BE002-E004-4453-8307-E6707B548672.jpeg

Uh oh. I think someone suspects. I better sit on the fish.
F7B43FBF-DFF0-4ACE-984B-E31E75B83D5D.jpeg

Whoa! It’s kind of a strange feeling feeling to sit on a wiggly fish!
2D9C1550-A3B4-4381-BA12-21B8813A6176.jpeg

So, will Banjo continue to sit on the fish? Stay tuned! ;)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.