My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Thanks! I don’t know what was happening but I kept getting cut off from everything here with that error message. I finally just shut down. Maybe some signal issues here. :dunno: Internet mystery. If I ever vanish, it isn’t by choice! Lol
I think it’s very neat that you passed the hummingbird on to another hummer lover. I know it must have been beautiful.

Furballsmom Furballsmom A cat with wings could be a silly goose. Maybe the fish goosed Wanda Heart! That would make a kitty fly.:lol:

rubysmama rubysmama I’m glad you got the moist heat thing to use. I hope it is helping. Stretching is good as long as you do it slowly to warm up first. I did it suddenly. Shoveling snow? No, I don’t think that helped a strain. I do get IPhone wrist from posting. Lol Now I try to remember to take little breaks and stretch every now and then. That helps.
Wanda Heart definitely had catitude after the fish introduction. I can’t blame her!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you for the link. I think a bright colored one would be good for me. I won’t loose teach of it! Lol
Like you and M maggiedemi I have lost people I cherished and things that reminded me of them. In particular my mothers mother. There were things in her home that actually belonged to me as well but I could not get them. It really stings but I realize that without the memories of that person, those things would not carry such strong sentiment. They would just be things and you are right, the memories have to be enough. Perhaps they are the best thing to have anyway. I have far more of those than I do possessions. Some of my memories are so strong that if I close my eyes, I can almost feel the same feelings, hear the sound of someone’s laughter or smell the same scents. My Grandmother wore rose water and every time I smell a rose, thoughts and memories of her flood back. She instilled in me a love of orchids so each time I smell a Cattleya, I am transported back to a place and time like no other and for a split second, it seems she is right there too. If I had to choose, I would choose the memories.:hugs:

M maggiedemi Having more than one panel in a painting is an old idea but I found that people still like that and they tended to sell very well. Just a fun way for me to do some painting but not exactly fine art. I like to hide things in my paintings too. That usually brought some smiles.;) I once hid Kermit the frog in one I did for a friend. :lol:

You have to watch out for some of those lures. They can have a hook( paw) at the other end. Some end up being a nice treat though.;)

Pounce is a tall cat but I think he was standing on a plant next to the door. I know he was up a bit on something.

Now you just need to teach Kodiak how to strut. She is a little timid at times. Maybe she just needs a good pair of jeans. :) Or a harness with a ruffled skirt? Lol

Just for the record, I like Unicorns too.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having an issue here with the scent of the new flooring! Ack! I don’t know if it is the adhesive or the flooring. I didn’t have this problem before but it’s awful! It has made me feel bad and I have had to open the windows and crank up the heat. I tried calling the manufacturer but they were closed. I will be calling again! I have scrubbed it several times but it’s not helping yet. I am going to have to shut the cats out of that room for now. I put the other boxes of flooring out in the storage building. I am posting this info just as a warning to anyone else thinking of installing new flooring. From what I found out online, chemicals used now can be quite toxic to children, pets and anyone with compromised health or the elderly. I will update with any suggestions I get from the manufacturers. I hope they have some! If not, I’ll let everyone know what NOT to buy and have around their pets!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smiles tonight come from Prints! For those of you who don’t know, Prints claims to be a brave fishing cat.

The thoughts and stories from a formal feral!

How did you survive before coming here Prints?
E0E99C5A-6ACA-47AE-B933-8102D52AB993.jpeg

Really? So you survived by fishing?
3595FE5A-E390-4DED-92DC-AD24CF84FD18.jpeg

Sweet Prints. Come with me. I have something to show you.
37C2C509-2891-431B-9B27-CCC75CE305B9.jpeg

Oh!
29B65178-8C65-42E8-A774-3536D2647732.jpeg

It’s a fish?
6D7CC0DC-0934-4AE2-829B-44A7908A5AC0.jpeg

Well......actually,
822A4234-B14B-4679-BB26-0531972ECDBF.jpeg

I’m not hungry.
26F8F337-C56E-4218-9685-457D23ABE371.jpeg

Hey everyone out there, can you help me get out of this?
514AB0DC-1516-4125-B63A-7DF1F2A25631.jpeg

It’s moving.
37968F94-CA35-4BFE-ACC1-EAB0CCC096F4.jpeg

You know, o think I see a big on the ceiling I should take care of.
6F6EB8DD-4807-47F4-A98D-028E6102E019.jpeg

Oh. You want me to take cate of this?
EC2F7568-CB83-4AF9-9781-2C9AD9A7C2B9.jpeg

How about a tummy rub first Prints?
B303A197-2678-4116-BD81-1BC1C856C268.jpeg

Nothing to be afraid of.
01303CA1-D467-4A79-95C8-AA54BE62815C.jpeg

Take a look.
8FEA490D-C50A-44DF-8F42-B0F90D237FE9.jpeg

I see it!
43622BBF-44A4-4BE0-B0FF-886372E8B9EE.jpeg

You know this fish I caught was only this big.
3A0E2969-F5AC-4C54-9BC0-DB035AAABE2D.jpeg

That one is huge! This big!
57FE94B3-55F0-4FAC-BBFE-063C53565EC9.jpeg

Yes Prints but you have your human here now to protect you.
FC19131D-EEB2-4EE5-B303-D3E5AA47B3C5.jpeg

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.
253818F6-40DF-4555-AD4A-461B02AB114A.jpeg

I don’t think I can reach it.
BC31286B-613B-4AC3-8AFF-41A89772FF2C.jpeg

Whoa! I can almost reach it but not quite.
C9DB00D8-8D69-4825-BB3D-C00C21AFE47B.jpeg

That was exhausting.
459BB6D2-F52E-4F44-9089-8524F112588F.jpeg

So try again using a hook.
I got it!
C7A1E709-5CF2-4482-B188-8670C40A534E.jpeg

Hi fishie!
31000E8F-79D1-42A9-8116-7EF9B0B6D127.jpeg

You smell like catnip. Do all fish smell like you?
EA26B4F9-3DE4-4644-A64A-69CF271BD360.jpeg

Oh, silly of me. Of course they do. I remember now.
31000E8F-79D1-42A9-8116-7EF9B0B6D127.jpeg

Soooo, what should I do with you now that I have caught you? I don’t want to eat you!
3E585E35-096D-4253-8576-E50EC4ADFAB8.jpeg

I think I prefer cat food now mom.
465644D3-780C-41D3-84FE-29767FEC320F.jpeg

I don’t want to hurt the fishie!
7948FB61-AEBD-44FB-A902-CF88524A72CC.jpeg

Awww! No worries Prints. That fishie just came to play. He has a little bit of Froggie magic in him.

Froggie sent him? He wants to play? What a relief! I can do that!
9402D1EF-095E-4143-8B38-AFB4DE2A8E5D.jpeg

;) So, another tall fish tail for the books.

SandyCHA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ha! Well..... I have a rescue name BJ and I have a Mom rescue that I named Goldilocks that had three babies. I named the three babies after bears. Lol Too funny. None named snake though! Once again I love your story. I did not post yesterday for two reasons. One was that I lost a rescue kitty I had worked with for seven months. Twilight was one of the most gentle kitties I have ever known. He wanted nothing more than to give love and affection to all. I was with him to the end and it broke my heart. No matter how many kitties are around or how many times you have lost one it never gets easier. I brought him home afterwards to bury him at his home. He loved me to the last second and purred until his last breath. At least I know that I was able to give him comfort, love and finally, his freedom. I am most grateful that this abandoned kitty came to me and that his last months of life were free from outside threats, fear, hunger and lack of love. I will use those thoughts to keep going and remember him with each other kitty I get to rescue. I feel it was a gift to have that kitty give me so much love in such a short time. The other thing that delayed my post was that other kitties needed hel. I had to collect the nine I had spayed or neutered this week. I am tired and they are mad! The boys especially. I had to spend half the evening just apologizing to them. Today they are feeling much better. I think I am already forgiven as I had an offering of canned chicken waiting for them for breakfast. I do love cats! They are forgiving creatures. Now that these kitties have been fixed there is a good chance they will be adopted. They will get a chance for that within a couple of weeks. There is interest in them already. Thank goodness! The totals this far are 34 adopted, one lost and 11 almost finished with preparation for adoption. Now! The bigs need! There are new babies born to a feral. Ouch! She had seven. I am already getting them used to my voice and having me in the building they are in. Mom is allowing that much. They already look up when I call. The best news of all is that they already have a safe place to go if I can catch them. I am going to give it my best. If I can get Mom, she will be fixed and realeased with immunizations. I will feed her and try to tame her as well. That leaves only three others in my area to work on. I started with the hope of finding homes for at least 57 cats and kittens out there that I thought I could prepare for adoption. I am well over the halfway point and beginning to think I may exceed that number. If the 11 that are near being prepared are adopted and I can catch the kittens to place then I will only need to TNR three and prepare 12 more for adoption. It's a process! If I ever make it to zero I will be celebrating! I think I can. I hope I can! My own pet cats will probably be throwing a bon voyage party for the last one to go! I'll post on the progress of getting the kittens.
Not sure if you saw my post about the 8 year old gentleman that I rescued whose owner (after 8 years) died and I guess her son came up to clean up the house and decided not to take the cat and just left him outside to fend for himself. Not sure how long he lived outside (he is declawed) but he was rescued, went to two different rescues and now I have him. After five weeks he is still hiding under the bed! How do I get him to adjust again to a house. I know he was a house cat for all those years, but he is so frightened and I just can't stand watching him hide under that bed every single day. He comes out at night and eats and uses his box, but won't come out at all during the day. Any suggestions?

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s always good to see Prince Prints!
Such a sweet fellow, ever the gentleman.
[/QUOTE]
My chicken was actually a baby that was rescued. A Siamese cat brought it and dropped it on my mother in bed one night!
She learned many little tricks and loved with my cat and two small dogs. She was even house trained.
She lived a long life and even enjoyed cuddling.
Wow!!! :noway: What a great story! Your talents with animals clearly aren’t limited to just cats! I’ve never heard of such a well trained, sweet chicken!

J janosso and S SandyCHA welcome to TCS! :hithere:Nice to meet you, and I hope to see you guys around!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S SandyCHA Very nice to meet you and Arthur! You are awesome for saving that sweet boy! I hope we will hear from you and you will find the time to join us here for some smiles. I have posted to your thread and I hope others will go there to meet you and Arthur as well. :heartshape: Welcome to TCS.:welcomesign: You have come to a great place full of caring people. Please let us know anytime you have a question or concern.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Prince Prints is so precious. He was very brave going after such a large fish! Lol I bet he is already bragging to Wanda Heart about the the fish he caught but I’m not sure she will be impressed unless he catch he’s her a Unicorn.At least he has another fish tale to share.
Somewhere I have some photos of Fried. I’ll see if I can find them. I may have posted one here. Not sure though. She was an exceptional bird. Lol I’ve had a lot of sweet creatures come into my life. I think they are all smart. We just don’t always get the chance to learn about them. A Siamese cat that lived with me , Cinder, once helped me out by adopting a baby possum into her litter of kittens. That was a sight to see, especially when he started riding around on her back! Visitors to my house sometimes stayed and enjoyed and others left pretty quickly.:lol:
I enjoyed.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is anyone else getting a lot of error messages? Gotten a few, including web server errors. Web server down! Sending purrs while I can! :purr: :redheartpump: Good night everyone!
I haven't had any problems (except for, oddly, sometimes getting a "post not found" message when I try to "like" a post!), but Silver Crazy was having LOTS of issues in the wee hours of Wednesday morning (evening for him, he's in Oz).

The memories have to be enough for us sometimes.
There is this to say about our memories...they do not fade, or tarnish, or tear. With time, we often find that their colors are brighter than they were in life.

Scamp has been gone for three days...again! AND the food I set out has only been half-eaten those days. I was getting a bit panicked, until it dawned on me that at least two of the ladies are in heat, which means that several more in the area almost certainly are. Nobody is worried about a full meal right now, they just grab a bite and head out for the next round of "The Dating Game, The Cat Edition." I do know that Scamper came by earlier tonight at the front door because there's food all over the ground, and he's my only messy eater!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had any problems (except for, oddly, sometimes getting a "post not found" message when I try to "like" a post!), but Silver Crazy was having LOTS of issues in the wee hours of Wednesday morning (evening for him, he's in Oz).

There is this to say about our memories...they do not fade, or tarnish, or tear. With time, we often find that their colors are brighter than they were in life.

Scamp has been gone for three days...again! AND the food I set out has only been half-eaten those days. I was getting a bit panicked, until it dawned on me that at least two of the ladies are in heat, which means that several more in the area almost certainly are. Nobody is worried about a full meal right now, they just grab a bite and head out for the next round of "The Dating Game, The Cat Edition." I do know that Scamper came by earlier tonight at the front door because there's food all over the ground, and he's my only messy eater!
That's one nice thing about Grumpy and Eight-ball; they are neat when they feed.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome S SandyCHA and Arthur to the greatest community of cats and their admirers! Time and patience are key. Cats are far more sensitive than people, and Arthur is bereaved of his lifelong caregiver/family member, so it is pretty understandable that he is sad and scared. Experts in cat behavior, Jackson Galaxy "The Cat Daddy" included, would counsel for you to provide him with all of his needs and to wait. In time, he will seek you out.
Jcatbird Jcatbird yes, we have the memories. In my case, I am missing a lot of valuables my parents and mom intended me to have, including quite a bit of fine jewelry I bought for my mom. That hurts emotionally and to some extent, financially. But those responsible are best left alone.
Prince Prints is truly adorable!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome S SandyCHA and Arthur to the greatest community of cats and their admirers! Time and patience are key. Cats are far more sensitive than people, and Arthur is bereaved of his lifelong caregiver/family member, so it is pretty understandable that he is sad and scared. Experts in cat behavior, Jackson Galaxy "The Cat Daddy" included, would counsel for you to provide him with all of his needs and to wait. In time, he will seek you out.
Jcatbird Jcatbird yes, we have the memories. In my case, I am missing a lot of valuables my parents and mom intended me to have, including quite a bit of fine jewelry I bought for my mom. That hurts emotionally and to some extent, financially. But those responsible are best left alone.
Prince Prints is truly adorable!
My parents got around that by handing down items before they passed away. As a result, I have a gold and sapphire ring that belonged to his younger brother, killed in WWII, the family mantel clock, brought from NJ to WNY prior to 1800, and an uncle's Hamilton pocket watch. I have been doing likewise with my possessions, so there is no question of them not going where intended.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents got around that by handing down items before they passed away. As a result, I have a gold and sapphire ring that belonged to his younger brother, killed in WWII, the family mantel clock, brought from NJ to WNY prior to 1800, and an uncle's Hamilton pocket watch. I have been doing likewise with my possessions, so there is no question of them not going where intended.
*Excellent* all around! My mom did tell me about one thing she prized, to grab it before anyone else got it, and I did.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s always good to see Prince Prints!
Such a sweet fellow, ever the gentleman.
Wow!!! :noway: What a great story! Your talents with animals clearly aren’t limited to just cats! I’ve never heard of such a well trained, sweet chicken!

J janosso and S SandyCHA welcome to TCS! :hithere:Nice to meet you, and I hope to see you guys around!
[/QUOTE]
I also like to welcome J janosso and S SandyCHA to the Catsite. I hope you find this forum very supportive. I wish you all the best.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe the fish goosed Wanda Heart!
I knew it! I knew that fish wasn't to be trusted. :nono:

You have to watch out for some of those lures. They can have a hook( paw) at the other end. Some end up being a nice treat though.
I like the sound of that. I hope the treat part happens soon. ;)

Pounce is a tall cat but I think he was standing on a plant next to the door. I know he was up a bit on something.
Oh! Well that explains it. Little genius kitty. 👏

I don’t want to hurt the fishie!
Prints always says something precious to melt our hearts. ❤

I’ve had a lot of sweet creatures come into my life.
Awww thanks. I think you're sweet too. :thumbsup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hoping and praying Scamper has re-emerged?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having an issue here with the scent of the new flooring! Ack! I don’t know if it is the adhesive or the flooring. I didn’t have this problem before but it’s awful! It has made me feel bad and I have had to open the windows and crank up the heat. I tried calling the manufacturer but they were closed. I will be calling again! I have scrubbed it several times but it’s not helping yet. I am going to have to shut the cats out of that room for now. I put the other boxes of flooring out in the storage building. I am posting this info just as a warning to anyone else thinking of installing new flooring. From what I found out online, chemicals used now can be quite toxic to children, pets and anyone with compromised health or the elderly. I will update with any suggestions I get from the manufacturers. I hope they have some! If not, I’ll let everyone know what NOT to buy and have around their pets!
Hoping that scent will dissipate quickly. I know! Some of the glues have an awful smell, being derived from animal sources (the "Glue Factory" is real, sadly). Paper bags from the grocery store and packing crates have that smell. My flooring didn't when I moved in, and my ex, who laid it, never mentioned anything about that, but he wouldn't, having been a finish carpenter and having dealt with a lot of building/remodeling materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.