My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 You are not the only ones who put their fingers in harms way. I hand four fingers on one hand in a closed car door. I was very fortunate though. My Mother had given me a silver ring that I had seen and fallen in love with for my 16 th birthday. It is an art nouveau style lady’s face. A long ring, it covered much of lower portion of my index finger. It ended up protecting my whole hand. It has a dent in the back of it but the face was not damaged and I wore it daily until arthritis prevented it. I still love that ring. Fingers just get used so much, they get caught in the way sometimes!
Knee pads sound good to me! I will have to look for some. Sorry yours got lost in the moving of household things. I hope you find them.
That music box is so pretty and a snow globe type! Sarah had a similar one but that one got broken somewhere along the way. As I recall, hers had a cat on top but fish inside.,That company carried the most amazing music boxes. I know you cherish that one!

Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose I must admit, I still like to listen to the music boxes and can fall asleep listening to them. Lol They are soothing to me as well.😴

You made me remember the music, “ Music Box Dancer.” I have danced with Sarah and the cats while listening to that! Lol

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 I just read your thread about getting love attacks and it seems that I am not the only one who thinks you have an exceptionally polite kitty! Lol

I keep re injuring my shoulder too. Like you, I forget and do a sudden teach for something and get a quick reminder!! I am keeping the heating pad a rice sock nearby. Tarasgrl told me about the sock and I like it because of the moist heat but also it has just a little weight to it that is comforting and it conforms to wherever I place it. I hope you shoulder heals quickly and no more pain!

M maggiedemi Pounce used the door knob! Lol Smart cat!!

Buting a music box each year was a great pleasure. I knew it would bring pleasure to Sarah for a very long time and her smiles and laughter made me very happy. It was a special and very happy time.
The storage carts on wheels hold my art supplies and some tools. The labels say things like the colors of paint inside or small paint brushes, large paint brushes, glue, framing equipment, markers, putty knives, screw drivers, hammers,,etc. etc. I love having the carts. I can roll them wherever I am working!
Sarah had a few bells too. She had a couple of bells that are music boxes instead of bells that ring. Lol I’m sorry you didn’t get one of your grandmothers bells. :(

dustydiamond1 dustydiamond1 Oh thanks! The patch job is holding. Thank goodness! It’s nice to have that bedroom floor done. More to come later!! Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smiles come tonight from the tail of a cat! Opposite end of the smile! :lol: That just goes to show that every inch of a kitty counts as important.

Bonjure is enjoying being an only baby in a house full of kitties.
78B60397-490D-415C-B10D-A293DA496F8F.jpeg

Wait! Is someone else trying to get in on this?
10C66E42-3831-4F0B-A6A5-BA96864C572B.jpeg

There is someone behind me, isn’t there?
FCD8A8B8-A15D-4C3E-B015-0E736EB983C7.jpeg

This won’t do!
C2F0920D-30A0-43A6-B351-74229A34C909.jpeg

Why is Bonjure staring at me?
BD6C25DE-01CF-4018-B0B2-61DCE7327E24.jpeg

I turn my back on you Bonjure! Now I will switch my tail back and forth to show my displeasure!
E484447A-CEAF-434F-9CF1-0CC3AA596AD8.jpeg

See?
C6F29DB5-B553-4F82-9765-D78D3641D291.jpeg

Flip and...
B265B893-9869-4019-9076-A8E555619551.jpeg

Curl up!
DEB5B30C-BE17-40EE-8DE9-6803DC52A60E.jpeg

Flip and ...
A5298DD7-DDB9-437B-A680-A42AFBE5C15D.jpeg

Don’t do it!!
F2327257-2911-42B6-B470-B56E5DCDEB83.jpeg

Bonnie......
650C365C-AF0E-4B66-959D-CF8F6C7F8295.jpeg

Stop chasing it!
587D477F-5139-467D-BDF6-FA688BECFA08.jpeg

Read my tail! I am
CF23737A-8EF5-48DF-B57E-83002C4B6332.jpeg

Hey!!!!!
6005EE22-2498-4992-B166-DE0C9B7A74A4.jpeg

Aiiiiiiii!
B2B8B17C-1D2C-45A5-9D17-9F03DC0C7214.jpeg

Where’s my tail!
6236AB8D-1389-438E-A4CA-6F7A3A25D311.jpeg

Ahhhh! Bonnie got my tail!
8E92F687-ADDD-4605-B59F-DBA007649256.jpeg

I think he stole my tail! It has a special white spot on it too!
CD63F7A2-4696-429D-AFFF-906CD2007F16.jpeg

You better check for me! I’m scared to look!
Muffin! Bonnie didn’t steal your tail or the spot! Just wiggle it. You’ll see.,
67E54CA2-841A-4297-B835-1789F8E177D1.jpeg

Oh!! Heh heh. You’re right! It is still there!!That’s a relief!!
CBE41051-E05F-4E4D-9A01-7CDBE1E40F26.jpeg

Whew!!The Muffin tail is still there!
CBE41051-E05F-4E4D-9A01-7CDBE1E40F26.jpeg
Muffin tail is still there! Head to tail smiles!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I keep re injuring my shoulder too. Like you, I forget and do a sudden teach for something and get a quick reminder!! I am keeping the heating pad a rice sock nearby. Tarasgrl told me about the sock and I like it because of the moist heat but also it has just a little weight to it that is comforting and it conforms to wherever I place it. I hope you shoulder heals quickly and no more pain!
Must be something going around with all the shoulder pain, cuz I have sore shoulders too. In fact, I'm expecting my Amazon delivery today of a Magic Bag, which is the basically the expensive version of the rice sock. :ohwell:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Hope that helps! and hope you get it soon.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Isn't it funny how a lot of cats will lure and goad others by switching their tails, and then hiss and growl when another cat responds in the usual way?
I didn't have knee pads -- these are foam things that you put on the ground and then kneel on. You can get them at nurseries, I know. They're inexpensive and they help a lot.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mother had given me a silver ring that I had seen and fallen in love with for my 16 th birthday. It is an art nouveau style lady’s face. A long ring, it covered much of lower portion of my index finger.
Any chance we can see a pic of this epic ring? :)

Pounce used the door knob!
Wow, that's so cool. Wish I could have seen him do that. :cool:

I’m sorry you didn’t get one of your grandmothers bells.
That's okay. I still have the memories. She had so many bells, they covered the entire top of her piano and several shelves. One day I was playing with them. I lined them all up in pairs like a wedding procession. My Aunt was so angry that I moved them! 🤭

I think he stole my tail! It has a special white spot on it too!
Awww, Muffin will always be beautiful to me, even if she lost her tail. 😍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's okay. I still have the memories. She had so many bells, they covered the entire top of her piano and several shelves. One day I was playing with them. I lined them all up in pairs like a wedding procession. My Aunt was so angry that I moved them! 🤭

ALL cats are beautiful. I'm pretty sure almost everyone here agrees on that.:agree:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You know all cats have my *PRAYERS* from the heart, always! Is there any place where Scamper can shelter and be safe?
Can you hear out there at night?
[/QUOTE
Thanks. A coyote could NOT get into the Secret Feral Shelter, and Scamper is smart. He knows MANY more safe places than I would.
And no, I haven't heard them on this end of town!

THANKS, guys! I'm just a nervous nellie about Scamper!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BellaGooch BellaGooch Bonjure does get some funny expressions. He is living life as a kitten. I think he has been trying to make up for the time he was a sick little one. I’ll be very happy to have him always be kittenish. I love the way he puts his big paws around my neck and won’t let go. He’s a giant purr fur necklace! :lol:
I’m glad you like the painting. It’s actually two paintings that join together to form one picture. It’s my memory of a beautiful place I visited.
Muffin was very relieved to see her tail again! Lol

rubysmama rubysmama Oh no! Not you too! Be careful when reaching. I keep forgetting and re stressing my shoulder. It will feel better and then I do something quickly, like pickup a Bonjure, and ouch! That magic bag seems great! Let us know if it helps. Maybe when the weather changes we’ll all stop aching! Sending healing vibes!:vibes::redheartpump::purr:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Muffin is always flipping her tail at others! It’s definitely a lure! Like a worm to a fish! Here kitty kitty! Lol She is a growler too, just as you said! This time she was a little startled though. She turned her back to Bonnie and he couldn’t resist! Bonnie and Muffin actually get along really well but the allure of the lure was too much for a giant kitten.
Yes! All kitties are beautiful. Long tail or no tail!
A foam pad would be great too. I’m going to look for something along those lines. Kneeling on concrete is a bit tough on the old knees. I could use a pad outside too.

M maggiedemi I will have to dig that ring out to show you. It has been stored for awhile along with another I wore every day for a very long time. It is a silver Cattleya orchid. Neither was pricey but I love them both. Like the bells you mentioned, they carry sentiment.
I love it that you lined the bells in pairs. I used to make little families out of my horse statues. Mom, Dad and baby! If you lined those up like a wedding procession, I guess that made them wedding bells? :)
Pounce was very adept at opening that door! He stood on hind legs and managed to turn the knob pretty quickly. Practice makes Purrfect! The thing that made me laugh the most was that he was opening the door for other cats too!
Muffin will always be beautiful. She is kind of fond of her tail but I have a feeling that if she didn’t have it, she would still wiggle her bottom. It’s just part of her purrsonality.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 It’s no wonder you are nervous about Scamper. You have had a few issues but he is a smart one. His feral abilities are great. I always worried about these ferals too but they were experts at dodging things in nature.:hugs:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay! I took the flopping fish in to meet a few others! We’ll start with Wanda Heart. The thoughts of a formal feral. Lol

I hear an interesting noise.
50358089-696A-4803-B14A-8B39BEB8B2DC.jpeg

What is this new thing?
BC41D98B-0573-4EBF-B6E3-A77BD0A409E4.jpeg

I guess it’s for me but it’s not a Unicorn. Let me check this out.
238265DA-A8D6-457E-8EAC-7E66EE570853.jpeg

It’s alive!!!!
E2DF5084-5411-46A4-AFD3-22BC070D4BB4.jpeg

Wow! Wanda Heart has wings on her feet.
AE3233F9-3F3D-4C67-8906-59196BBA40A6.jpeg

Well Tortuga, let’s see how you react when you are offering a kiss and it slaps you with it’s tail!

5185F61C-0FAE-4918-A4F9-9A57B8D5EBDD.jpeg

Is it dangerous?
397A1309-2592-4D6E-A007-F7903B31845C.jpeg

If you hit me, I will hit you back!
7F57AE56-3271-45B2-BAA4-4183A1530F2E.jpeg

Hey! It smells like catnip.
546BBFC2-AC99-49C7-A7BA-F310A978D521.jpeg

Let me think about this for a minute.
812AEA47-26FE-4002-972B-5C88BA69EB8B.jpeg

Hmph! Human! Is this your idea of a new toy?
0F937125-9303-4828-9EB6-4A86ACE34027.jpeg

Well..... you call me when we get a new Unicorn!
96F155CB-C398-4E43-8923-834A13B54C9F.jpeg

I think Wanda Heart just put me in my proper place! :worship:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Hope that helps! and hope you get it soon.
Thanks, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 . It came shortly after I posted, so have used it a couple times already.

I think it's sad that your Aunt, or whoever, wouldn't let you have one of the bells, especially since they meant so much to you. At least you have fond memories. 🤗

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Oh no! Not you too! Be careful when reaching. I keep forgetting and re stressing my shoulder. It will feel better and then I do something quickly, like pickup a Bonjure, and ouch! That magic bag seems great! Let us know if it helps. Maybe when the weather changes we’ll all stop aching! Sending healing vibes!:vibes::redheartpump::purr:
Thanks Jcatbird Jcatbird . Stretching isn't too bad. In fact, might even help. I think my aches are from spending too much time at the computer. And I'm sure the 90 minutes of snow shoveling on Monday didn't help. :rolleyes2:

Hmph! Human! Is this your idea of a new toy?
I think Wanda Heart just put me in my proper place! :worship:
Awww... little Wanda Heart with some cattitude. :catman:

Is anyone else getting a lot of error messages? Gotten a few, including web server errors. Web server down! Sending purrs while I can! :purr: :redheartpump: Good night everyone!
No problems for me. Course when you posted, I wasn't here, but in dreamland. :sleep:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I feel for you,though, about the bells. When my grandfather passed, I wanted one thing -- just any thing -- of his for a remembrance. Not one did I get. My mom didn't either. He didn't have anything when he passed except a TV which his longtime girlfriend took. But I would have been happy with a comb, or a shirt, or anything! I don't even remember if we ever met (he was my mom's biological father. He and my grandmother divorced and he was far away from here. We wrote some letters back and forth during the last years of his life. I wanted to know more about him and meet him, but I don't think I ever did.) The memories have to be enough for us sometimes.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele's family is that way- when someone passes, things go back to whoever gave them. Her mother treated me like another son, so one day, while we were on a just-because trip, I found a Swarovski crystal hummingbird hovering at a flower and bought it- just because. When she passed, almost 20 years ago now, it was given back to me. I, in turn, gave it to Michele's cousin Betty, whose mother had passed several years prior, and was my MIL's only sister. Michele didn't want it, but since her mother and aunt both loved hummingbirds, it was the logical choice.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele's family is that way- when someone passes, things go back to whoever gave them. Her mother treated me like another son, so one day, while we were on a just-because trip, I found a Swarovski crystal hummingbird hovering at a flower and bought it- just because. When she passed, almost 20 years ago now, it was given back to me. I, in turn, gave it to Michele's cousin Betty, whose mother had passed several years prior, and was my MIL's only sister. Michele didn't want it, but since her mother and aunt both loved hummingbirds, it was the logical choice.
*Good on ya!*

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s actually two paintings that join together to form one picture.
Well I'm not really into art, but I must say that is an interesting concept. 👌

the allure of the lure was too much
I can relate. ;)

If you lined those up like a wedding procession, I guess that made them wedding bells?
I did that with everything! I would line up my brother's toy cars in pairs and have them get married. 💕

He stood on hind legs and managed to turn the knob pretty quickly.
He must be one tall cat! I don't think Demi can reach the doorknobs. I'll have to see...:think:

She is kind of fond of her tail but I have a feeling that if she didn’t have it, she would still wiggle her bottom.
Uh oh. Another strutting cat? First Lady, now Muffin. I'm a bad influence. :lol:

I'm with W. Heart. I would rather have a unicorn. 🦄

Status
Not open for further replies.