My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Lol Of course it was Banjo. Lol Litter box humor.
Lady is such a nice hostess. She even showed her catnip patch! Not every cat would share that.
Rudbeckias, Echinaceas, Heleniums, Sedums and Japanese Lanterns! Wow! That’s a lot of flower power to look forward to. I haven’t seen Japanese Lanterns in a very long time but they are so sweet! Montauk Daisy. I love all daisies! I was greatly tempted in the garden shop the other day. They had the most vibrant little daisy shaped flowers. Some aster type I guess. They were nearly Blue with a yellow center. I was in a hurry so didn’t even go look but it was hard to resist. I loved the colors. It sounds like your time in the garden is very rewarding. IMHO all garden time is rewarding.

I decided to play with one pepper plant this year. Lol I thought some dried ones would be pretty. It’s making peppers! I don’t plant a big vegetable garden anymore but I miss harvesting. I still get a bit of fruit but I just discovered that someone swiped my baby Loquat tree off the back of the property! :livid: However, it’s possible those deerthat nearly ran over me ate it.🦌If that’s the case , they were welcome to it. I like seeing deer more than I like seeing the loquat. I’ll be trying to find things to put back there for them to eat in a more secluded location.

pearl99 pearl99 If you like pickled things, that’s a good use for your cherry tomatoes. My mother always searched for ways to use them because they produced so many tomatoes. Roasted in the oven is another way she prepared them. You’ll have to let us know if you try pickling.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Echinaceas are one of my garden flowers too. I have planted those everywhere I have lived for years. When I move I always collect seeds for my next garden. I haven’t grown much in the way of sedums. They wouldn’t enjoy this area. When I lived in the fall line it was great! I could grown things from many environments. The variety found in the woods there kept me , always, on the hunt for new plants. When I first found Trout Lillies I was really excited. Jack-in-the-Pulpits too! Very cool! The Jack-in-the-Pulpits grow here in some moist cooler spots so I was thrilled to find them again.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama
I decided to play with one pepper plant this year. Lol I thought some dried ones would be pretty. It’s making peppers! I don’t plant a big vegetable garden anymore but I miss harvesting.

pearl99 pearl99 If you like pickled things, that’s a good use for your cherry tomatoes. My mother always searched for ways to use them because they produced so many tomatoes. Roasted in the oven is another way she prepared them. You’ll have to let us know if you try pickling.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Echinaceas are one of my garden flowers too. I have planted those everywhere I have lived for years. When I move I always collect seeds for my next garden. I haven’t grown much in the way of sedums. They wouldn’t enjoy this area. When I lived in the fall line it was great! I could grown things from many environments. The variety found in the woods there kept me , always, on the hunt for new plants. When I first found Trout Lillies I was really excited. Jack-in-the-Pulpits too! Very cool! The Jack-in-the-Pulpits grow here in some moist cooler spots so I was thrilled to find them again.
The picture with Lady is great! I've been thinking to get Mooshoo a harness to do back yard walks, she would enjoy that.

I plan to try peppers next year. And I plan to plant more echinacea next year, they do so well.

I have looked at a few pickled cherry tomato recipes and it is so easy! I did another harvest today so I will be doing these tomorrow. I will have to do them in the morning so I can taste test maybe in the evening :yummy:🍅.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a downpour today! I thought we were trying to send rain by blowing it to our friends but I think the kitties inhaled! I was working outside and by the time I reached the house, I was soaked! I don’t know if we got the end of the storm Marco or the beginning of the hurricane Laura. It looks like Laura may send rain to the Midwest. Perhaps it will put out some fires. The Florida Keys are getting some wind now. Just a brush by Laura though. For those on coastal Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi, please prepare now. Get your cat carriers out and stay safe. Sending purrs, vibes, hopes and prayers that no harm is done. :vibes::redheartpump: For those inland too!

When I came inside I found Muffin? Where is
her face?
6EED8936-60C3-4910-84F5-E5D2D3EE977C.jpeg

Whoa! We have a blanket eruption!
FD6620DC-59DC-4691-B214-FCD1C79C08E0.jpeg

A whole cat vibration!
5165E011-4590-4A0A-B726-D4AE23EFA155.jpeg

A Muffin Ball?
2335C0CC-DA9B-426D-94C1-F2E5318B25D1.jpeg

Well now I can see which end is up! What are you doing Muffin?!?!?
1A42C5D5-443C-4654-9F90-264B15735CD3.jpeg

Who me? Nothing. Why, something interesting happening?
12C3C09E-C570-4D3F-B083-86D584239148.jpeg

Possibly a catnip induced rain dance?

Be safe everyone! :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Yes. The pickle recipes are simple for tomatoes. It’s basically like making pickled peppers. Around here everyone has a bottle of pickled peppers and the liquid is poured on almost everything. Lol When I traveled far south, fresh peppers were served ON everything, including scrambled eggs. 😮 Hot! I can’t really eat much hot stuff these days but I still enjoy growing and sharing things. Fresh garden foods are always beautiful.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs?..................Did someone mentioned eggs?

Egg joke

View attachment 348362
That’s quite a funny yolk. Mackie will enjoy that one. I laughed so hard I was eggstatic! I would have shelled out a few bucks for that laugh! It may be sad that he dyed last fry day but looking on the bwhiter side of things, I was boiled over by the humor. You cracked me up! Looks like it all panned out well.
Did we miss any? Maybe we could hatch a few more? If anyone thinks of another, please don’t be too chicken to chime in! :p:lol::doh:🐔

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
...my echinacea is being a bit slow about things... :dunno: but my sedum is too, which is fine in that case, I think it's supposed to be a little later :)
It's been hot and dry here this summer, so everything is early this year. Which is nice, but also means gardening will be done earlier too.

I haven’t seen Japanese Lanterns in a very long time but they are so sweet!
I have a love/hate with them. Love their little orange pumpkins in the fall, but hate that they're so invasive. I'm now mowing over their sprouts in my lawn! :cringe: They're starting to orange up already though, so the love part is coming. And once I can get a good pic, I'll post one. 🎃

I still get a bit of fruit but I just discovered that someone swiped my baby Loquat tree off the back of the property! :livid: However, it’s possible those deerthat nearly ran over me ate it.🦌If that’s the case , they were welcome to it. I like seeing deer more than I like seeing the loquat. I’ll be trying to find things to put back there for them to eat in a more secluded location.
Hopefully it was the deer, and not a human thief. :deer:

The picture with Lady is great! I've been thinking to get Mooshoo a harness to do back yard walks, she would enjoy that.
Just think carefully before you make the move, as there has been many a thread from a cat parent struggling with a cat that now wants to go outside ALL THE TIME, after they got a taste of outdoors via a harness and leash.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Just think carefully before you make the move, as there has been many a thread from a cat parent struggling with a cat that now wants to go outside ALL THE TIME, after they got a taste of outdoors via a harness and leash.
Moo says she'll be good, but not sure I believe her. Hmmm will have to really think.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 If I ever find you hidden away in my cabinet, I’ll be sure to just toss the bacon, chicken and ham in to you. I’ll let you come out when you have adjusted. Will Hek be with you? I will cook extra. Talk about a surprise when you open a drawer! :flail:
Of COURSE, Hekitty will be with me! You think she'd let me go on my own?

That’s quite a funny yolk. Mackie will enjoy that one. I laughed so hard I was eggstatic! I would have shelled out a few bucks for that laugh! It may be sad that he dyed last fry day but looking on the bwhiter side of things, I was boiled over by the humor. You cracked me up! Looks like it all panned out well.
Did we miss any? Maybe we could hatch a few more? If anyone thinks of another, please don’t be too chicken to chime in! :p:lol::doh:🐔
I've been scrambling to think of one, but haven't yet. I'll go out and sit on the front poach and see if something comes to me! Y'all crack me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.