My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Lately I've been watching quite a bit of kittens getting rescued videos and last night I had this strange dream. In my dream, I found a few abandoned kittens and there was one particular kitten has 3 ears. Two normal sized and one slightly smaller ear which is right behind one of the other ear.

So I was curious and I check it out and I gently touch it and peer inside and guess what I saw? Inside the ear is another tiny weeny kitten! :eek::sweat:

I tried to take it out but it kept hiding and suddenly the scene turns out to that we are in a middle of a war scene and I was shot at and got injured and I passed the kitten to the medics and asked them help get the kitten out of the ear and soon after passing the kitten to them, I woke up because I felt painful from the shots. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Ruby! :lol: Stop scaring your Mom! Playing hide and seek? The kitties in the girls room love my dresser. They are all drawer cats. I think they feel that my clothes need decorating. What are shirts without fur collars? They can’t really get shit in mine though. Lol No room! I did get a shocker from one of the Gingerbread kittens one time though. Bright greeted my one morning when I opened a drawer for some soap. Nearly knocked my slippers off! I had no idea she could get into the back side of that drawer. If there is an opening, a cat will find it!
2E91F476-F0A0-475D-8FCC-747EC96EED95.jpeg

I’m glad Ruby was okay. Can you imagine if you had company who heard that scratching inside your drawer? :eek2::lol: Bright did become the official bathroom greeter for awhile. She surprised a guest. Hint to all visitors at cat homes, never open anything without being prepared to see a face looking back.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Poor Poppy! I am glad it came out. Cats and owls have regurgitation in common. I guess we humans are lucky that cats just deposit hair.
The wildfires are there? I have been seeing some bad ones in other places. I hope it stays far away! The smoke is not good either. Stay safe. Maybe the kitties can blow gently enough to send the smoke straight up or send some rain.
:angrycat:💨🌧 Maybe this is:redtabby: a very deep breath! It takes extra food to blow that hard. Hmmmm. Maybe blew that hairball straight out? Go Poppy!:purr:

N NY cat man Oh that’s right! You have been waiting for those tulip bulbs. Gosh, at the time we talked about them it seemed like delivery was a long time away. Time flies! Before we know it, they’ll be blooming. Lol

We got an update that I wanted to pass along here. I know it will have special meaning for you. All dressed up for a portrait, here’s Velcro.
31E487CE-932A-4BC8-98A5-4D1504F6DD8E.jpeg

Lari Lari Ummmm. Well, I’m glad things are same as always but.... ;) Give everyone purrs from us.

tabbytom tabbytom That was quite a dream! You were shot but it was still your priority to save the hidden kitten! That’s pretty amazing. Even in your dreams you are saving kitties in spite of any purrsonal sacrifice. The human mind is really something.
Just a thought though, was January making biscuits on you during your sleep? That could explain the “shots.” Maybe sniffing behind your ear too? Kittens breaths whispering in your dreams.
I hope your dreams tonight take you on a nice , peaceful vacation. No shots! No pain! :alright: Maybe lots of kitty cuddles though.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
hat was quite a dream! You were shot but it was still your priority to save the hidden kitten! That’s pretty amazing. Even in your dreams you are saving kitties in spite of any purrsonal sacrifice. The human mind is really something.
Just a thought though, was January making biscuits on you during your sleep? That could explain the “shots.” Maybe sniffing behind your ear too? Kittens breaths whispering in your dreams.
I hope your dreams tonight take you on a nice , peaceful vacation. No shots! No pain! :alright: Maybe lots of kitty cuddles though.
January was probably in the hall catching bugs while I was dreaming.................... :lol:............I woke up from the pain and he's not sleeping next to me.....................

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the update on Velcro. She sure looks a lot better than in her first pictures here. Maybe her humans have learned a thing or two from you- just so long as you didn't have to employ the 'mule technique', whereby you whack them between the eyes with a 2x4 to get their attention before the training can begin.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi :thud:I’m very glad that you laughed. That’s not exactly how I like my smile posts to work but,,,,, lol Ack! Not only did spell check get me again...... when I thought my smile post for the night had gone through, it hadn’t. I had a lot of trouble getting my signal back so...... I’m just going to say that Obviously, the cat that has a giant sense of humor,....., Banjo, did it. :bicolorcat::insertevillaugh: She and Froggie must have gotten together to make everyone laugh. ( hopefully) To set the record straight.... the cats actually CAN get s. .t in my dresser drawers but fortunately for me, all I have found is cats and fur.

Below is the post that I couldn’t get through. Hmmm.

tabbytom tabbytom Well that’s very considerate of January! Guarding you so you could dream! Tell him , next time , please, to wake you up BEFORE you get shot. :thumbsup:
I guess today had a sleep theme! Lol I had a chance to take a nap today. Yummy! A nice nap with Mackie. Huh! I should know better. When he snuggles down for a nap, he has to play a few jokes first. He kept sticking his paw in my mouth. Lol I put a pillow over my face and he pulled the edge down to look at me and meow. I started laughing and that just encouraged him. He started sticking his paw under the pillow to save me from suffocating. When I laid my arm across the pillow to hold it down, I guess he decided that if that’s what I wanted, he should help me out so he laid down on the pillow over my face! Ack! :lol: I did take a nap but it was a very short one. It was nice and dark but a bit stuffy. When I woke up, Mackie was still in the same spot on top of my face and snoring. Next time I’ll try using a snorkel. No, wait a minute. He would stick his paw into the end of the snorkel.:barfgreen:

Banjo was having a lovely conversation with Froggie tonight. Meows and croaking was going on. Lol
91EC6EF6-4053-4025-803D-631BFD3C6CEE.jpeg

Kodiak just cannot resist the frog sounds.
5BA9BC5C-0D34-4EB0-948D-FD6013127788.jpeg

Banjo was not pleased that Kodiak was trying to horn in on a private talk.
06EFF0BE-F0BE-4DBC-811B-C5F1BA2AB792.jpeg

She gave Kodiak a warning look and then a right hook!
86F6E05B-6126-450D-BFCD-63C1B5BCE562.jpeg

Banjo will never share her Prince. She made Kodiak retreat. Lol
B0AB8C86-EBEA-48E6-9948-7E2A754C28AA.jpeg

No harm done! The romance continued.
F8375EB1-AC84-4871-8708-AF82C2079662.jpeg

:kitty: I should have known that something was afoot! Apaw? I live to serve. :worship::bicolorcat:🐸
;):lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
N NY cat man Judging by how much that cat responded to her human, I didn’t need the two by four between the eyes but I did keep a paddle handy to encourage proper guardian behavior. Lol Seeing the picture with a bow tie for lounging around the house let me know that Velcro has everything under control. It’s good to get updates and it makes me think that something made an impression. I got a full report on the favorite foods too. The pop of a tuna can or canned food is a favorite sound. Velcro is well loved. :cloud9:

tabbytom tabbytom Agreed! It is worth getting shot to save a kitten. I haven’t gotten shot but I have dodged some bullets. Lots of flack in some cases. Worth it every time! :rock:
Try to 🦆!

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Agreed! It is worth getting shot to save a kitten. I haven’t gotten shot but I have dodged some bullets. Lots of flack in some cases. Worth it every time! :rock:
Try to 🦆!
I remembered an incident almost some 20 years ago. I was crossing a road one night and I witness a car ran over a young cat and I quickly ran over and pick up the cat and lay it on the pavement to check the injuries but the cat did not survive. It died within a few minutes after the accident 😥

Last edited:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Soooo.... how is everyone else doing? ;)
Okay here. Cherry tomatoes are going to take over my house, I may have to sleep in the garage. So many!
I wanted to go to a park for an easy hike today but woke up at 4am, smokey odor from all the wildfires. I have my window fan at night for fresh, cool air. Smokey haze in the sky all day so nope, no outdoors exercise today. But it was cooler!
All the cats are fine. Gracie always used to sleep all day in one spot, but the last 2 weeks she's been strolling around the house, sitting watching things, sleeping on the couch, awake a lot more. Nice to see her more!!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had company for a little while this afternoon. She loves the kitties and was amazed that Lady likes to dress up and take walks in the garden. She wondered if Lady would take her on a walk and Lady was kind enough to give her the garden tour.

First she showed the human where to sharpen her claws.
0900EF62-7154-4061-B431-BB323DE60704.jpeg

Then she took her to see something she thought a Hooman might like.
D8D1118D-BC84-43DD-9294-5A086B8D6343.jpeg

Mom always watches this thing. Daylily.
9CDBAFF6-615C-4389-A4D6-5F33827C9578.jpeg

But we kitties like something else.
092CD784-128E-4A97-9C9B-7390FC70E124.jpeg

This is mine. It’s catnip.
319FD97A-F9A3-4985-9804-3708A57AE541.jpeg

You can smell it if you want to but....
0615C933-ACF1-4B48-A5C5-3B2216827C18.jpeg

It’ll make you do flips so don’t roll on me!
B64710E6-27D6-49DB-90A2-B4E138698DAD.jpeg

Hey! Lady is with another hooman! Come back inside Lady! Bring some catnip too!
ABA7DDBE-798C-4A59-98D7-3CFC2AEA22A7.jpeg

Keep a happy tail BJ. I’m coming in and I smell like catnip.
0358329A-BF25-4A77-A6A1-55649F8A290A.jpeg

And she did! All the kitties greeted her with head rubs.

It’s a good night for kitties! :happycat::lovecat4:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Cherry tomoatoes? That’s wonderful! Maybe you could pickle some or make sauce and freeze it? I don’t suppose they would make a very comfortable place to sleep. Lol I think I would put them in the garage instead of you!
That’s great news about Gracie. She might be listening to the tomatoes grow. ;)
I’m sorry about you missing your outing. I hate smelling smoke. I always put damp towels at the bottom of the doors and over the windows to filter it out a bit. Let’ all hope for rain to douse the wildfires everywhere!
Sending hopes, good wishes, prayers, vibes and purrs to everyone near the fires. :vibes::redheartpump:🌧

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m just going to say that Obviously, the cat that has a giant sense of humor,....., Banjo, did it. :bicolorcat:
Tell Banjo that was a really crappy thing to do. :lol: What a bummer. :flail::flail:

She wondered if Lady would take her on a walk and Lady was kind enough to give her the garden tour.
Now I'm jealous! Or envious? That's my little Lady. Wish that was me taking her for a walk. :lovecat3:

Cherry tomatoes? That’s wonderful! Maybe you could pickle some
What are pickled tomatoes? :headscratch: I've heard of canned tomatoes, but not pickled.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell Banjo that was a really crappy thing to do. :lol: What a bummer. :flail::flail:

Now I'm jealous! Or envious? That's my little Lady. Wish that was me taking her for a walk. :lovecat3:

What are pickled tomatoes? :headscratch: I've heard of canned tomatoes, but not pickled.
Pickled tomatoes are just tomatoes put into apple cider vinegar that is boiled up with dill, sugar, water, seasonings to taste to put in the refrigerator. It is a way to keep them edible longer.

Lady says that she would take you on a much longer walk. She would want you to stay but the visitor only got the ten cent tour. Lol

Giving Banjo new ideas? You do know she takes notes?
7C8B5154-62B9-4400-9CBC-9FA719F50B9F.jpeg

Mom! How do you spell crappy?
2F98DDE6-14F9-49CB-962A-A74B60C25682.jpeg

So....... if I am ever trying to tell you about a crabby person, you’ll understand how the typo happened. :thumbsup:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remembered an incident almost some 20 years ago. I was crossing a road one night and I witness a car ran over a young cat and I quickly ran over and pick up the cat and lay it on the pavement to check the injuries but the cat did not survive. It died within a few minutes after the accident 😥
An awful memory except for one thing. You were there for the kitty. You kept it from getting hit again and gave it comfort. It did not lay there scared and alone. You gave it the only thing left on earth to give. It parted this life with care and love. I would wish that for us all at the end. :hugs:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Obviously, the cat that has a giant sense of humor,....., Banjo, did it. :bicolorcat::insertevillaugh: She and Froggie must have gotten together to make everyone laugh. ( hopefully) To set the record straight.... the cats actually CAN get s. .t in my dresser drawers but fortunately for me, all I have found is cats and fur.
LOL. Should have known Banjo was responsible for the typo. :catman: :bicolorcat:

Mom always watches this thing. Daylily.
9CDBAFF6-615C-4389-A4D6-5F33827C9578.jpeg
Thanks Lady for showing us the pretty day lily. I've still got a few stragglers, but mine have mostly finished now. I have one that is a "rebloomer", so might get a couple flowers in September, but it won't be as showy as the summer blooms.

Right now the Rudbeckias, Echinaceas, and Helenium are blooming. After that it'll be the Sedums and Japanese Lantrens. And finally late September, or maybe October, the Montauk Daisy.

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
pearl99 pearl99 Cherry tomoatoes? That’s wonderful! Maybe you could pickle some or make sauce and freeze it? I don’t suppose they would make a very comfortable place to sleep. Lol I think I would put them in the garage instead of you!
Pickled tomatoes! Never heard of that. I do have a dehydrator and am going to dehydrate some.
And I'm going to look up pickled tomatoes. I love pickles so tomatoes would be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.