maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari Thank you! We made it through!

tabbytom tabbytom Mum was with her. At least as close as I could be! She knew you were there too. I made the vet tech go and tell her! Lol

Loving Mickey Loving Mickey I think she has just become frightened of others since we had company. I have a feeling they shut the bathroom cabinet door and Wanda Heart was inside. She can get out but it scared her. I had cautioned but.....if you are not a cat person...... She has been nervous ever since. She was afaraid of being closed into the carrier. I always teach the kitties that carriers are a safe place so she was okay until I closed it. We’ll work on that.
I know she felt safer having you, Mittens and Shadow to watch over her. As soon as I saw her I did tell her. She wasn’t fully awake but was not afraid even though she was surrounded by people she did not know.
I’ll have another update a little later.
Thank you about Smokey too. I have done some research and will update on that too.

M maggiedemi I am SO sorry! I did not mean to scare you. I really meant she had left for surgery. She made it through. We have just returned home. Her blankie was kept with her and so was her Unicorn. She loves that toy. It must be magic. She got it for a Valentine gift. Since you missed that....

She immediately took the Unicorn to snuggle in private. She carried it under the by the horn. How else would you carry a Unicorn? Lol
EB8F4064-ECAA-4287-884D-07CF8441C49A.jpeg

She got Unicorn kisses too!
91077107-671A-4F87-BBA2-E8E7BD0DC07F.jpeg

She gave Mom a high five for the gift.
9F3D5093-BCEE-47FE-8F52-9B487928CFF5.jpeg

She did bring her new toys out later for some special Wanda Heart types pictures.
549B6D18-54A3-43EE-9E11-980855B76A1B.jpeg

She posed with her best Unicorn expression. Lol
28E4BAA7-D769-453E-AFEF-2994A68E19EA.jpeg

I’m sure the Unicorn put a magic shadow around her during surgery. :kitty:

@rubyama Thank you for more vibes for Smokey. The next 12 weeks or so will be very important.

Wanda Heart has just gotten home. It’s been a very long night and day for us both. She wasn’t too happy about fasting last night. Neither were her roommates! Lol It was very kind of them to give her the moral support though. Lol

On the return trip home, Wanda Heart has her tail and bum blocking the carrier door. All I could see was ginger cookie! Lol The tech told me she was out cold still. Hmmmm. After about five minutes of quiet, the cookies tried to move. They cpukdn’t. Poor baby could not turn around because they had her trapped by the collar! I had to take the carrier apart to get her out.
Right now Wanda Heart just exited her carrier and is very alert and a bit hyperactive. She has my full attention until I can get her calmed down.
Gotta go for now! Thank you everyone! Wanda Heart sends :lovecat2::redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama tabbytom tabbytom pearl99 pearl99
Let me preface this by saying, she is okay.I just wanted to share this. This was a new one on me! Wanda Heart was staying in the carrier and I wanted to check her over better than I could by looking through the sides. She had been sent home “out of it” from the anesthesia but I am used to having kitties wake up a bit. Hmmmm. I stroked her gently. Her back end was to the door. The first couple of attempts at pets brought no wiggling. Later, the third one brought bright eyes staring over her back. Not a comfortable position. Oh. She couldn’t turn around because she was wearing a cone! Poor baby had , apparently, been placed inside the carrier when it was in two parts. I had not been able to see that she had been given a cone. They had not mentioned it and it was clear. I could not get her out while wearing the cone. I started dismantling the carrier but she started getting upset. Eek! I could not get the carrier apart fast enough for her. (Or for me!) I finally dismantled the cone and she was out like a shot. Lesson .... don’t put an unconscious cat that is wearing a cone inside a small carrier with her bum facing the door. Poor Little Wanda Heart! She is okay though. I put the cone back on her but she was wild with it on. When I realized she was just going to pound herself against everything in an attempt to escape it, I removed it. She didn’t try to lick her stitches once in the hours I sat with her. Before the end of it all, she was curled in my lap and purring like the kitten we all know. She is confined to her original room for now, the bathroom. I finally left her laying in the bottom portion of her carrier asleep when I ducked out. I may be back to sitting or laying on the floor with her for awhile but we were both completely content. I have just finished attending to the others and now I am heading straight to bed. I’ll get more photos tomorrow but for now, I only have her mad dash from the cone shots and one right after I removed it.

I will destroy this thing that kept me prisoner in my carrier! Remove it Hooman!
7C2A1471-87B8-4F8C-B7F8-BD8FBBE3761E.jpeg

I will rub it off inside the cabinet doors!
B79F7F83-F13F-4C32-8C6F-1A34B15800BD.jpeg

The lioness has conquered the cone beast!
9B66B97C-79D0-450A-8F6C-E7511C13ACC4.jpeg

It would seem that Hoomans cannot build a better mousetrap or find a better way to cone a cat.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I started dismantling the carrier but she started getting upset. Eek! I could not get the carrier apart fast enough for her. (Or for me!) I finally dismantled the cone and she was out like a shot. Lesson .... don’t put an unconscious cat that is wearing a cone inside a small carrier with her bum facing the door. Poor Little Wanda Heart! She is okay though. I put the cone back on her but she was wild with it on. When I realized she was just going to pound herself against everything in an attempt to escape it, I removed it.
Awwww........... poor baby got upset. Hope she's over it by now. Hugs and kisses for you Wanda Heart :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom She is much calmer today. She enjoyed the hugs and kisses! :winkcat:

N NY cat man Spay day is always hectic even though we didn’t have this one done at a clinic. I hate letting them tip those ears. Wanda Heart still has hers. I wish I could have done that for all the kitties. She’s got her bearings again. Her world isn’t backwards now.

rubysmama rubysmama Long night but hen we slept, we slept hard! Lol She is eating well now. Lots of goodies. I am hoping she will fill out a little.

pearl99 pearl99 Eanda Heart is very appreciative of being back home. She is such a sweetheart. Fitting to her name. :lovecat2:

Just stopped in quickly. I’ll be back later. I am giving kitty care right now but wanted to post a couple of sillies. While tapping my toes and pacing yesterday, I noticed something kind of neat out the window of the vet office. I saw way more than I could photograph but I caught a few. It reminded me of the days when I would play “Hot Wheels” with my kitties. I would send the cats flying down the stairs and out the front door with a cat or three in hot pursuit. The cats would catch them and return them to me for a repeat chase. Lol One particularaly funny day , all the cats went barracking out the front door together and nearly bowled down the mailman. I ran to apologize but he was laughing. He just asked if my cats always greeted company that way. A couple of weeks later, I found a new little car in the mailbox. No note but I know who must have put it there. For a 10 year old, that was a huge gift. So....... when I saw this while attending kitties, it took me back to a happy day. This was apparently the card used for an anniversary display for Mattel and I happened to catch the cars enroute somewhere. There was quite a line of them and they were still filing through when I was leaving. Sorry the photos aren’t better but they were way across the highway and in motion. Catching a glimpse between the traffic was a challenge. Some stopped for fuel but it seemed they all preferred the pump on the side away from me. Lol It was a fun distraction watching. ( and listening! Lol )
591DE49C-5E96-42C4-917D-3B1DA3576014.jpeg
98C7E03F-624F-4D95-89D0-3FCA22C890D9.jpeg
A8B45B5C-C3B1-470F-8048-EE022A8E1EF9.jpeg
F3C484D3-C1C5-452F-BA3D-396C60DA7C1E.jpeg
AD0DAB46-4870-4BD7-9466-009D7EF59605.jpeg
738A9268-33EE-426F-AE37-94BC1F06BFEE.jpeg
A7C29375-7D3F-4688-93E3-66CE89A8E084.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate letting them tip those ears. Wanda Heart still has hers.
Why did the vet not tip W. Heart's ear?

I would play “Hot Wheels” with my kitties
I used to play with my brother's hot wheel cars! I would line them up as couples. Cars kissing each other. I'm so weird! :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I think that’s cute that you had the cars kiss. Little girls tend to do that with lots of things. It’s all bout the love. It might not be cute with real cars though. Lol Fender bender! :oops: I guess the giant sized Hot Wheels brought back some fond memories for you too.

They didn’t tip Wanda Hearts ears because she is fully socialized and because I paid full price at a vet rather than a clinic. The programs that I have worked to help with the county took such a blow during covid, I don’t want to use scarce resources there. Those funds need to go for feral and rescued cats. Wanda Heart was both but since I am not fighting to save another hundred, I prefer to help raise funds for others these days. She is now a strictly indoor girl. The cats that are ferals, get ear tipped so that when released, anyone who sees them will know that they have been spayed or neutered and have had immunizations. That’s very helpful during TNR.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wanda Heart is feeling much better today. Her incision looks good so far. She wants to be back with her roomies though. I am sitting with her a lot though. Lots of purrs and pets!
I was hoping to avoid climbing into the bathroom cabinet today. :lol: Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 You’ll appreciate this.
Bacon!
095DF183-226A-4432-845D-B51F6702AD63.jpeg

That’s too big to bite? Lol
DCAACC84-3269-4689-AD1B-CD6FD7A75084.jpeg

It’s fun to try though!
0055A536-6C5A-4EFB-A108-D792E8F4D465.jpeg

The trick to giving a pain pill with no effort! Bury it inside a pile of bite sized bacon pieces! Yay! She ate it and never even slowed down.
BE6717F6-534D-4E43-9F61-B71B6F375D0F.jpeg

It was all yummy!
17F79AE6-13DB-48FB-8191-FB98F50152ED.jpeg

Lots of pets help the medicine go down. Of course having your Unicorn there for comfort helps too. She loves that toy! She gave him head rubs today.
EE838A46-84FD-47C5-BE6A-F5C526742C17.jpeg

Unh.... I think someone has a full tummy, a snuggle buddy and is ready for a nap.
Hooman is dismisssed.
20F529F5-920C-4524-80A4-36C1CE47FA4C.jpeg

Have a night of Unicorn dreams......:redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have one more pain pill for Wanda Heart. All the kitties seem to know!?!?

What is that wonderful aroma in the air?
Where is it coming from?
(Ahhhh, Purry. It’s not coming from the Whistle bum! Lol)
07C46FBD-7CDE-4863-83A7-7FDD1BBD7574.jpeg

It’s bacon, isn’t it? Just put it in this bowl.
C9A5FF84-9FB3-4B3C-97FC-E1EB0504A78A.jpeg

Rats. She’s leaving the room with it.
388EB683-C7B2-48ED-93E8-CA9E6B2417C0.jpeg

Take my medicine? Nooo. Don’t think I want it.
E5CA0022-48C9-438B-BD8A-23B9762C7D26.jpeg

I would be willing to take a little more of that bacon you gave me last night.
7A300E62-9ED2-41D3-A719-E1CFC10F16DB.jpeg

Thanks mom! I’m glad you didn’t make me take medicine.
B095B047-A733-4DB7-87A0-29D19BFF873F.jpeg

:rolleyes: Shhhh. Don’t squeal on me! She still doesn’t know that I hid the medicine in the bacon!

I don’t suppose you have any leftovers?
68421871-C67F-4252-ADBB-FFEB1543C3FF.jpeg

Sorry Mitsy! Unless you count me, no other leftovers.
Soooo.... how is everyone else doing? ;)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yay, for Wanda Heart. All the pills are gone. :dance:

Rube's and I are well. She's got a new thing, where every time I open a dresser drawer, she hops in it. :catman: At least it gave me an opportunity for a pic for the monthly contest.:camera: But it also nearly gave me a heart attack once when I closed the drawer, thinking she had hopped out of it, and then later heard scratching and found she'd crawled down to a lower drawer and was closed inside. :eek3: Now she does that every time I open that drawer, and then after a bit I open the lower drawer and out she comes. Cats ...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
From my post in the Name Three Things thread;

Here was a blunt reminder that grooming was overdue in the form of a nice gushy hairball :thumbsup:
So! Cleaned that up
Proceeded to grooming
Am now sitting outside watching over a napping cat as long as the wildfire smoke stays away, which looks to be changing as I'm typing this so we'll be moving back inside.

Otherwise we're hanging in there, thank you! Although I'm noticing Poppycat is eating a little too well, so I'll have to limit a couple of things a little bit for a time :blackcat: :redtabby::blackcat2: :angrycat:

Status
Not open for further replies.