My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My laptop's fine now. They changed a new screen and itv was great to have it back and the technician actually rushed it out for me :banana1:

The very next day, I backed up all my files to an external HDD and also dis my back up on the time machine :agree:
:clap2: :yess::hyper::hellocomputer: Yaaay! That certainly was nice of the technician to rush it back to you. It’s also very good to have backup whether it’s a computer, human or kitty! :)
I hope the weather there has improved too.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
:clap2: :yess::hyper::hellocomputer: Yaaay! That certainly was nice of the technician to rush it back to you. It’s also very good to have backup whether it’s a computer, human or kitty! :)
I hope the weather there has improved too.
Yes, the technician called and asked if I want to carry on with the repair and I said ok and I asked when will it be done? He said it takes a day for the screen to arrive after placing the order and the very next day was a public holiday and then its the weekend.

I thought I won't get to see my laptop till end of this week but I got it on Monday!

I always do my back up but sometimes I'm too lazy and those days when I was using Windows and back up was a pain. Now with my back up HDD which are SSD, its so much faster. All done in less than 10 minutes except for he Time Machine that took a little longer as I have not been backing up there. Once done, the next Time Machine back up will be in less than a minute.

Weather here is still stormy and day time temperature is 35deg Celsius and last night it stormed again :rolleyes3:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom Steamy! Good that you got your system back and that you backed up. :clap:
Jcatbird Jcatbird Such adorable clowders, both! Hope your friend has safe journeys. Sounds like quite a huge job having to sanitize bottoms (of litterboxes!) AND work on the washer. I remember my dad doing this. The laundry room is very small and it must have been very uncomfortable sitting on the laminate trying to take this machine apart and reassemble it. All success to you in your efforts! and I hope there is little or no expense involved.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Your dad sounds like a great guy. Of course, he had to be -- he was from TEXAS!:yess:

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom We’ll try to send a rainbow!!🌈
It was very windy here today but no rain. We may get more rain this weekend.
I’m glad backup will go more quickly now! :banana2:Your photos are too beautiful to lose!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Sanitize bottoms! :lol:Yes! It is quite a job.
You remember your Dad doing that? You have an extraordinary memory! You did backup that young? Oh! You meant he worked on the Washing machine....:flail:;)

My friend is stuck on the islands right now. High winds are keeping traffic off the bridges. Hoping for tomorrow!

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Steamy! Good that you got your system back and that you backed up. :clap:
Oh ya, without the laptop I feel so naked.............. :lol:
We’ll try to send a rainbow!!🌈
It was very windy here today but no rain. We may get more rain this weekend.
I’m glad backup will go more quickly now! :banana2:Your photos are too beautiful to lose!
The heat is on yesterday and today and looks like after a oven-baked day, it'll rain.

Yes, I did the backups already and my photos are to precious to be lost. In my old iMac which knocked out, I had my last holidays photos in the HDD and also a few rare migrant birds photos that I took while the birds were making a stopover here :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My washing machine became sick. Yep! Water, water everywhere
Ah man, I know what it's like to not be able to use the washing machine. Hope you can fix it. :(

They found a spot at a barstool and various other things on my number? I might sit on a stool but not at a bar.
The thief bought a barstool or went out drinking on a barstool? 🍷🍺 That's one cheeky thief to buy toilet paper on your dime. Get it? Cheeky? Toilet paper?.....Groan....:lol:

No unhappy banana? That’s because bananas are so a peeling!
Hee hee. Did you tell Mack that joke? I bet he would like it. :lol:

It’s also very good to have backup whether it’s a computer, human or kitty!
Yes, it's always good for us to have backup in our lives. ;)

We’ll try to send a rainbow!!🌈
Send one my way too please! :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The heat is on yesterday and today and looks like after a oven-baked day, it'll rain.

Yes, I did the backups already and my photos are to precious to be lost. In my old iMac which knocked out, I had my last holidays photos in the HDD and also a few rare migrant birds photos that I took while the birds were making a stopover here :(
That’s so awful that you lost holidays and the bird photos. I know how precious those were to you.

The mention of the bird photos made me think of something I was watching last night. I’ll post it. Perhaps it will bring a smile here. :kitty:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Cheeky! :flail: Good one! I’ll tell Mackie both!
That crook bought a barstool. :headscratch: Strange choice! I get the TP but ....:dunno:

Sending you a rainbow and backup! 🌈🌈

tabbytom tabbytom Having lost photos myself, I understand the feeling. I think part of the reason I love taking photos is that it’s a bit like capturing the moment. A frozen thought or memory. To lose that thought or memory is hard. Perhaps you will get a chance to see those birds again.

I’m glad you liked the dancing birds. I did too. I shared that with BJ since his hobby is birdwatching. Now he’s trying to impress all the girls with his Flamengo bird dance. Lol
EAC9CB8B-29EA-4E83-A4A6-865699B9C335.jpeg
E8CFE766-8870-43CE-BDBF-E5FF2A77A803.jpeg
5E77329F-E215-4CDC-9086-6F1D63AB2F7D.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I added some extra cover for the Froggies. They seemed to miss their little house but I wanted to keep them up high and safe so I used a little bit of plastic left over from my greenhouse cover. Banjo wasn’t convinced that this would work.
326CEA7C-C1E4-4C76-AEAB-76AE5B52B84A.jpeg

She waited....
C8FC344E-ED88-4AAE-B0AD-7A65285BBD8F.jpeg

And watched.
177BA058-E3BE-4C04-8CEF-AB7C993A62A0.jpeg

Apparently, build it and they will come! Lol
12726036-0F38-4B59-B570-0A377891D518.jpeg

A crowd began to gather.
57627471-3579-48B5-9AF4-7ACC3CF6AC6A.jpeg

Of course, Banjo is the most devoted frog watcher.
74307E81-F40E-4791-921E-60B73C894E24.jpeg

As the most devoted cat watcher here, I noticed when Banjo put her ears back.
What’s up now!

1E4115A7-5B41-4713-9796-100DC7565EA9.jpeg

There’s a shadow approaching. :kitty:
1CAD8B4C-40D6-4AFB-9E62-0C256753547C.jpeg

We have a new member at the supper club!
CF209067-8160-4FF9-8E7E-25F3DDEA9786.jpeg

A young lizard has discovered a safe place for night time snacking! Lol
338672C1-AC67-4799-900C-9C0A3EAC98A6.jpeg

Froggie welcomed him to the club.
9BA5CA38-E2DB-4F1E-AD83-84A02F9F6AFA.jpeg

Banjo agreed.
8C830291-A5F0-4745-AF64-E240AD12EFD7.jpeg

Baby frog and I gave our “Thumbs up” 👍approval too. Welcome to all creatures great and small. :)
53070AB7-6934-4F91-8B18-FB8C95202322.jpeg

rubysmama rubysmama No adventures today! Peace at Chez Catbird for the day! :yess::lol:

Have a great night everyone! Peace to all. :heartshape:

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Having lost photos myself, I understand the feeling. I think part of the reason I love taking photos is that it’s a bit like capturing the moment. A frozen thought or memory. To lose that thought or memory is hard. Perhaps you will get a chance to see those birds again.

I’m glad you liked the dancing birds. I did too. I shared that with BJ since his hobby is birdwatching. Now he’s trying to impress all the girls with his Flamengo bird dance. Lol
I love photography and I've taken lots of photos. Some place or scenes can be revisited but some can't like oversea trips. And also like some migrant birds, they may comets season and they won't come the next season and we haven more chance of seeing them again except to fly to the country of origin to shoot which is expensive.

I shoot a lot of birds besides my other genres but I've stopped shooting birds a few years back due to health reasons and I've sold off all my birding equipments and switched to a lighter system and did not go soot birds as a birding lens cost an arm and a leg and I just did general photography but have not been shooting with a real camera for at least 4 over years.

The birds of paradise are very beautiful birds and many others are too and they all do an amazing mating dance.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbytom tabbytom I took video on a trip to a remote jungle location. We traveled far up a river and into an archeological site that was not excavated. The jungle had retaken the ancient plazas and buildings. Wildlife was everywhere along with amazing plants. Including my main subject which was orchids. Fortunately I took still photos too because the video was later lost. It was very upsetting to lose the video but even as I type, it plays through my mind as though it was yesterday. I still wish I could share that with others but having it in my heart and mind still brings me great joy.,I wish I could go back there but it has now changed and the archeological site was documented and has been partially excavated now. In the present it is all much changed but in my mind it is frozen in time and as pristine as it was all those years ago.

I saw huge rookeries there of Egrets, flocks of Scarlet Macaws, Toucans and rarer birds like the Jabiru stork. I will always remember their flights!

Birds of Paradise are properly named. Amazing and beautiful. The dance of the birds always makes me smile.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I wish I could go back there but it has now changed and the archeological site was documented and has been partially excavated now. In the present it is all much changed but in my mind it is frozen in time and as pristine as it was all those years ago
Yea, habitats change n deforestation destroys the eco system and the place never look the same again and not to mention, the subjects are no longer there.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean about losing pictures. The other thing is having pictures on obsolete formats. For one of the question-of-the-day threads recently, they asked about weddings and dresses. I have pictures of our wedding, and the dress that Michele made herself- but they are all on 35mm slides. The same goes for our honeymoon shots. Plus, I have hundreds of prints and an equal number of negatives. I saw a device that converts all formats to DVD, SD card, or straight to a computer and am considering getting one. Now that I have gotten into digital, all my stuff is on the micro SD cards, as they will work in my camera or in this tablet. Even if the device crashes, the images are safe.

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Plus, I have hundreds of prints and an equal number of negatives. I saw a device that converts all formats to DVD, SD card, or straight to a computer and am considering getting one.
I agree with you. I started photography when it as in the film and transparencies era before digital photography came into sight and have quite a good number on prints and not to mention chunks of negatives and slides. Thee are too bulky and taking up space and gets moldy.

There are labs that do conversions from prints to digitals but it cost quire a bit if you were to do all of it. The other thing it could be done is use the mobile phone and take copies of it or use a printer to scan the prints and save it onto the thumb drive.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama No adventures today! Peace at Chez Catbird for the day! :yess::lol:
Peace is good. 🤗

I saw a device that converts all formats to DVD, SD card, or straight to a computer and am considering getting one.
A friend of mine bought one of those gadgets and loaned it to me. I converted all my 126 film slides to digital. Some turned out really, really well. Others not so much. Though I suspect it had something to do with the age of the slides (the 70's) plus the picture quality., more than the gadget itself. I was glad I did it though, as now all my slide are on my computer. I've had much better success, however, scanning my pictures to digital just using my printer.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with you. I started photography when it as in the film and transparencies era before digital photography came into sight and have quite a good number on prints and not to mention chunks of negatives and slides. Thee are too bulky and taking up space and gets moldy.

There are labs that do conversions from prints to digitals but it cost quire a bit if you were to do all of it. The other thing it could be done is use the mobile phone and take copies of it or use a printer to scan the prints and save it onto the thumb drive.
I was checking out some of those conversion services. The ones I saw started at $1 for each slide, print, or negative, and went up from there. Can you say bankruptcy?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Photography is so important for me, too, and I have boxes and boxes of 35mm prints/negs as well as many, many photo albums. My tradition was to create a memorial album when each of my beloved ones passed. Of course it's impossible to find photo albums now, but I got a few massive ones a few years back, and I use those for memorial albums. Shutterfly and Snapfish do prints and have good deals, so I take advantage of those from time to time (100 free prints -- just pay shipping). I've even created a couple photo books from my parents' memorial service. There are scanner apps for iPhone -- I have one and it works pretty well. Also my 4-in-1 scans well. I'm not as concerned about technical perfection as I am about keeping that record, that memory. There are even photos here of ancestors going back a few generations, on my mom's side. IDK who some of them are, but they're kin in some way.
When I had a tech pull from my hard drive several systems back, he was able to get quite a few of my photos, too. Those pix are priceless to me! Beloved cats of long ago, and places we lived in and loved.
scan0019.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They also got TP! How can a crook get TP and I can’t? :doh: Inside information?
They probably ordered it from overseas. I did. Hellishly long delivery time, but I have enough for the wait.

Mamanyt They had a king snake as protector? Awesome! I just can’t resist though, his name was Joe and he slept in a coffee can? Did he wander around the store? Get into all sorts of places? So, obviously I have to ask this, did anyone ever have a surprising ,” cup of Joe?” :rolleyes::p
He was a bit big to fit in a coffee cup, thank goodness! He did, in fact, wander and get into everything. Dad used to talk about the lady who came face to face with Joe, who was peering out of a bolt of muslin.

Your dad sounds like a great guy. Of course, he had to be -- he was from TEXAS!
Anything good about me, I got from my dad. He was remarkable.

:eek2::fear::running:

The other thing it could be done is use the mobile phone and take copies of it or use a printer to scan the prints and save it onto the thumb drive.
DO it. Do it now. Do not put it off. I was just "too busy" to scan in all my photos, and they included some family photos from the 1800's (the earliest was around 1850) and ALL of my kids' baby pics... house fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.