My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a notice today from a valuable resource. The Cat cafe , Pounce, is struggling to maintain the cats that live there. They are hoping the ones that remain there will get adopted since the Cafe is having to close and they are unsure is they will be able to reopen. Adopting will be open for now. There is a second cat Cafe in that part of the state and one in the state next to it. I don’t know yet if the other two will survive either. These places are so important when it comes to adoptions of cats of all ages but especially for older cats. Some of you may remember when I was able to get a few cats adopted through a cat cafe. 2 years old and up! I spent today trying to get supplies sent to shelters and it looks like I’ll be doing the same tomorrow. I think the cat cafes may be missed because people view them as a small business. True but their income pays employees, rent, utilities etc. It’s not a big money-making business. The cats are kept in comfort for life if they don’t get adopted and the business remains able to survive. These places are the only home these kitties know. I have tried to spread the word about Pounce in order to get things for the cats like litter and food. Adoptions would mean the cats are safe from being turned over to the city or county if the business fails. That county is one that I have been hoping would get TNR and a lower kill rate. If anyone can provide any form of help to any place that helps cats, please do so!

I am going to give up at least 1/2 of my morning coffee until this event has ended and each day I will be putting aside the cost of that coffee to give to the kitties. If you don’t think that adds up to much, it’s at least a meal each day for a cat but probably more like two. Bad time to give up coffee? YES! Lol Great time to help kitties! YES! I don’t know if I will become Oscar the grouch but I’ll take a walk if I feel that urge coming on. Wish me luck!

Furballsmom Furballsmom Yes! Hats off to all! 🎩 I tip my hat as well! Thank you for running with the need for this thread!
Rescue and shelter difficulties in the current situation

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I know you have saved so very, very many fur babies! You play a crucial role in keeping kitties in front of so many eyes! You share such important links and information! Thank you for all you do. Please don’t ever stop.

If we can help one shelter tonight, progress. If we save one cat, progress. Let’s shoot for the moon though! 🌙💫 If I could have one wish upon a Star, no shelter or cat would be at risk.💓 Let’s all put our resources together and do what we can.
:grouphug:

Remember these guys? Brothers, Man and Manny. They found a fur ever home thanks to a cat cafe.
ED03BFC7-693C-4FC2-BCC1-B2183BC2DF63.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi The St. Patrick’s day celebrations were cancelled in many places and sorely missed by many. However, we can all have private celebrations at home. I’m glad you had your sauerkraut! We live in a great world and if we join together during any stressful time, we can make the world even better. I believe we will. There is strength in love and numbers.

I mentioned this in another thread but maybe it’s worth repeating. I was out buying kitty supplies and in a store filled with anxious people. I was having to buy cat litter in very large containers since the smaller ones were not available. The packages were extremely heavy and I struggled to lift them into the cart. Just then I heard a voice,” Please. Let me help?” A young woman came up and helped me to lift the packages. A complete stranger stoped her own hunt for supplies to help an older lady. I noticed her cart was filled with supplies that appeared to be for a family unit. No pet supplies but she smiled as she lifted the cat litter for me. She stayed beside me until I was done, then left after wishing me and my kitties well. It left me feeling very comforted, with a light heart and a smile on my face. If even one person helps, great weights become light. Strength in love and numbers.

Time for some smiles!

I had help with my work today! Bonjure kept notes for me but by nightfall, it was time for some comic relief!
4751CF60-8518-4CBF-8175-BC34F7BB6213.jpeg

The kitties had an unopened wand toy in their box!
8546971D-3C80-44DA-82E2-81989EF7997A.jpeg

Whistle was on top of the refrigerator. Lol
6495E6EE-0976-4EC8-A458-BAE267792088.jpeg

He took the first bite!
CB19D241-E038-4977-8DA6-99096E55E367.jpeg

Banjo came running to see what was happening. (Never one to miss out!)
2D7F9BCA-2380-4589-855D-47CF7526847A.jpeg

She went after it with both paws as her Mom waited for the next wave of the wand.
32D3B980-0ED6-47B0-8FFB-107197A89B2C.jpeg

After conquering the wand Banjo went to tell Froggie about it. :lol: She always includes Froggie!
69481822-C684-49C1-BFEE-E07143657435.jpeg

Another rare time when I got all three black kitties in one photo! Purry on the floor, Dolly in the chair and Bonnie waiting in the back.
AA80672C-2D73-4E2E-AD01-82C88130683D.jpeg

You’re never too old to play! Get it Dolly!
A03B5BF1-9F08-4CA3-82F1-18DD220D0668.jpeg

You’re up Bonjure!
C674C72F-4FA1-4AFC-8042-9E25D8E024B5.jpeg

OM gosh! A blur and ....
00FE22AD-487A-49F3-B4FF-FB57558EF0F3.jpeg

BJ actually played with a toy! That’s a first!
47D11B2B-4ABA-453D-A146-F242DCB1C19C.jpeg

Whistle watched in amazement as his Dad grabbed the string! Me too!
782DD72C-36A5-44D7-815C-83D9E64F78BF.jpeg

Amazing things can happen when we least expect them! I think I even heard Whistle say,” Wow!”
38AEC35E-5D30-4A72-B110-2B682A88BD8F.jpeg

An old feral Tom learned what “play” is tonight. Wonders never cease.

I left BJ holding the wand and biting the toy as he fully enjoyed his first playtime. A happy cat! Thrasher and Flowers joined him. The room was filled with joy. I’m still smiling. It just goes to show, we should never give up on the things that matter.

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for asking. I am having a bit of trouble finding the one canned food he digests easily so I have ordered a new one that I am hoping will be one he will like. He is doing well with his dry food but I like to make sure he gets wet food too. Fingers crossed! The search for his favorite food will continue.

Mackie is still laughing. I keep the jokes coming but I ran out of mouse jokes so I switched to chipmunk jokes. He likes those too!

Why can’t you let Alvin the Chipmonk pilot a boat? Because he might get Chipwrecked!

:doh:Mackie is easy to amuse.

New jokes for Mackie welcomed! Mouse, Chipmonk and possibly rat? :lol: The things we do for our kitties!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So happy BJ has learned to play with toys. :catlove:

Here's a couple chipmunk jokes for Mackie.

Q: Why did the chipmunk take apart the classic car?
A: To get down to the nuts and bolts.

Q: What do you call a chubby chipmunk?
A: Theodorable.

And lastly, a belated Happy St. Patrick's Day from Ruby. ☘

1584618853480.png

Stay well everyone. Remember to social distance, wash your hands, and don't touch your face. :grouphug:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uh, yeah, I think I see it there around your left elbow. :crackup:
Hee hee. I'm mostly German & Canadian, but Dad says Great Grandpa Patrick on his mom's side was an Irishman. Can I join the club now? I love sauerkraut on sandwiches. :thumbsup:

I am going to give up at least 1/2 of my morning coffee until this event has ended and each day I will be putting aside the cost of that coffee to give to the kitties.
Too late, I already bought 5 pounds of cappuccino. I think I went a bit overboard maybe? :eek2: ☕

Man and Manny. They found a fur ever home thanks to a cat cafe.
I love the idea of cats & coffee. Two of my favorites. Wish we had a cat café. ☕🐈

wishing me and my kitties well. It left me feeling very comforted, with a light heart and a smile on my face. If even one person helps, great weights become light. Strength in love and numbers.
I like that lady. Let's all help carry each other's loads if we can. 👍

Amazing things can happen when we least expect them!
I hope so! ;) Glad to hear that BJ is playing. It's good for the heart/soul.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Theodorable! :flail:I think I laughed more than Mackie did! That was a cute one. Thank you for the jokes! A joke a day is required by Mackie law here.
Ruby! Beautiful photo! That brings out the stunning color of her eyes. Snuggles Ruby and sending luck!

Yay that BJ learned to play!

M maggiedemi Sounds like you have a good supply of caffeine! Lol I expect to see lots of energetic posting. ;) Just so you know, on St. Patrick’s Day here, everyone joins the Irish community. The t shirt everyone wears says,” Kiss me. I’m Irish!” Right now all kisses must be thrown from a distance but they still count.

I loved that lady in the store too. I think everyone that had to be there was in a hurry to leave so having her stop to help me doubled the significance of her action.

Furballsmom Furballsmom Mackie says not to worry, but he tells mom what to do. :lol: He’ll make Mom behave.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The kitties say ,”thank you!” Mackie has agreed to give the new food a chance but he may want tummy pets while eating. He is convinced that will be the key. Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am staying home and settled in with the kitties. I spent today trying to help a few others to locate supplies since the shelves around here are totally empty. Using the phone for actual phone calls seems to be a bit old school these days but it worked for me! Lol I found what was needed by calling stores and then calling the people in need of supplies. Some old school methods are still very effective. :lol: One of the places I have right up the street has been a great place to find needed items. Which store? The place I bought the Kitty pools! The dollar store! They had paper towels, some cat food, cat litter, bacon, milk, bleach, bottled water and several other things that I did not see at the larger stores earlier this week. There wasn’t any meat at all at the grocery store here. I am definitely going to remain a supporter of the local dollar store after today. They were kind and helpful on the phone and provided the things my neighbors needed. I will be trying to remain home but if I absolutely have to go out.... calling the dollar store first! They were even willing to tell me when their trucks will be delivering! If anyone else is having to look for supplies, get on the phone and call before going. Maybe try a dollar store! They actually had four cans of the food Mackie eats too!:yess: It was dropped off here!:banana1::woo::bunnydance:

A delivery of food is now scheduled for our shelter and a bit of help is supposed to be going to the cafe. Hoping! I’ll continue to follow up. I’m still making appeals for the cat cafe.
:woohoo:
Paws crossed for everyone!

It was a beautiful day here today!
The Asiatic Jasmine filled the air with a wonderful scent! Ummmm!
7B91BA3B-AB65-4213-A930-3475F6E1E6D8.jpeg

My walking Iris is open in Sarah’s Garden. It’s a beautiful rich yellow.
12F601C2-8893-4773-83D0-054E188361F4.jpeg

The blue of the sky is reflected out by the Cypress trees and water oak. The ferns are loving the water too. There is a special beauty in the swamp.
63E8E7A5-9815-4CA7-9400-B78AD6F91BBF.jpeg

Froggie came by tonight and brought the baby! The baby has grown.
157556CF-DCB1-4D45-9EE7-CCF05717DE15.jpeg

Banjo spent a little time baby sitting. :flail:
E2BEEE30-6784-4ED9-9625-909FE83E38F3.jpeg

Lady spent the evening playing with a catnip mouse. Lol
3C5F155B-25CA-4DFD-867F-D5B48A54C625.jpeg

“Don’t judge me mom! Catnip is fun! Maybe you could benefit from a little mouse! Join me?”
5E229988-0DF1-47C0-87FD-625488E525DB.jpeg

It’s 88 degrees here tonight so we let some fresh air in. Having the door open is always interesting. We have hundreds of little frogs serenading us. I love the music.
3781C3E7-2213-403B-B36F-CFCF6DB943B3.jpeg

Banjo is never sure how to kiss that many frogs but she’s hoping!
AA04D92D-526B-4D66-9951-3A15AB71FEA6.jpeg

The smallest cat in the house is also the bravest! :lol: Mitsy investigated the noise on the porch. ( She did have the whole Clowder backing her up! )
A5A39D43-45A5-44E6-8A60-865697587882.jpeg

No worries mom! It’s just that big possum!
408E9162-4207-4EEA-9242-98E9C08B1811.jpeg

Just another day at Chez Catbird! Lol

Time to get back in the toy box!
7C0F068D-0E08-4E2E-B363-9463DCCDCC54.jpeg

Stay well and purring everyone! :heartshape:

Attachments

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have a good supply of caffeine!
The cappuccino is actually pretty weak, so I got a jar of dark roast instant coffee and I add 2 tsp per cup. :thumbsup:

Lady spent the evening playing with a catnip mouse.
It always makes me happy to see Lady's pretty colors. 😍

It’s 88 degrees here tonight
Nice! I wish it was that warm here. It might get up in the 50s today, but it's raining. 🌧

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They actually had four cans of the food Mackie eats too!:yess: It was dropped off here!
oh my gosh, this is incredible, good for you!!

Those photos of your flowers are wonderful, thank you for sharing :cloud9:

Who'd'a thought a little bitty kitty could stretch up on her back legs so far LOL

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am staying home and settled in with the kitties. I spent today trying to help a few others to locate supplies since the shelves around here are totally empty. Using the phone for actual phone calls seems to be a bit old school these days but it worked for me! Lol I found what was needed by calling stores and then calling the people in need of supplies. Some old school methods are still very effective. :lol: One of the places I have right up the street has been a great place to find needed items. Which store? The place I bought the Kitty pools! The dollar store! They had paper towels, some cat food, cat litter, bacon, milk, bleach, bottled water and several other things that I did not see at the larger stores earlier this week. There wasn’t any meat at all at the grocery store here. I am definitely going to remain a supporter of the local dollar store after today. They were kind and helpful on the phone and provided the things my neighbors needed. I will be trying to remain home but if I absolutely have to go out.... calling the dollar store first! They were even willing to tell me when their trucks will be delivering! If anyone else is having to look for supplies, get on the phone and call before going. Maybe try a dollar store! They actually had four cans of the food Mackie eats too!:yess: It was dropped off here!:banana1::woo::bunnydance:

A delivery of food is now scheduled for our shelter and a bit of help is supposed to be going to the cafe. Hoping! I’ll continue to follow up. I’m still making appeals for the cat cafe.
:woohoo:
Paws crossed for everyone!

It was a beautiful day here today!
The Asiatic Jasmine filled the air with a wonderful scent! Ummmm!
View attachment 327000
My walking Iris is open in Sarah’s Garden. It’s a beautiful rich yellow.
View attachment 327002
The blue of the sky is reflected out by the Cypress trees and water oak. The ferns are loving the water too. There is a special beauty in the swamp.
View attachment 327001
Froggie came by tonight and brought the baby! The baby has grown.
View attachment 326989
Banjo spent a little time baby sitting. :flail:
View attachment 326990
Lady spent the evening playing with a catnip mouse. Lol
View attachment 326991
“Don’t judge me mom! Catnip is fun! Maybe you could benefit from a little mouse! Join me?”
View attachment 326992
It’s 88 degrees here tonight so we let some fresh air in. Having the door open is always interesting. We have hundreds of little frogs serenading us. I love the music.
View attachment 326995
Banjo is never sure how to kiss that many frogs but she’s hoping!
View attachment 326996
The smallest cat in the house is also the bravest! :lol: Mitsy investigated the noise on the porch. ( She did have the whole Clowder backing her up! )
View attachment 326997
No worries mom! It’s just that big possum!
View attachment 326998
Just another day at Chez Catbird! Lol

Time to get back in the toy box!
View attachment 327003

Stay well and purring everyone! :heartshape:
I have the "COVID-19" version of the St. Patrick's Day T-shirt (bought yonks ago) -- it just says, "I'm Irish!" Social distancing is always my preference, unless you're feline ;)

Those adorable little froggies! It must be wonderful to hear their song at night. Your land is beautiful. We have a little patch of the jasmine as well -- ours hasn't bloomed yet. It's so interesting talking to different people and comparing anecdotes on what is blooming, when. That is a gorgeous yellow iris!

So glad you got some of Mackie's food. *PRAYERS* for more stock when needed.

As we were pulling into the supermarket parking lot yesterday, a meat truck was pulling in via another driveway. I don't eat that, but was heartened to see that supplies were indeed coming in. Our store is one of a small local chain, and usually very busy, but not a go-to place for the mainstream population, and it stocks daily. So it's a good choice. The dollar store is an excellent suggestion! We have to get creative in these times, and think of every possible source of supplies. Our store has shortened its hours to 8-8 to give time to re-stock before the daily quelea onslaught

Status
Not open for further replies.