My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Churchill. Not only is he happy and well with his family, they got him a dog later and he completely owns the dog
He's lovely! He looks a little like my little devil Maggie. Did they keep his name Churchill?

gushyfud, catnip, silvervine
Demi says gushyfud is poo. He prefers kibble. I force him to eat his wet food though. What is silverine?

cat lovers have a good sense of humor!
I noticed this! When I tell jokes on Facebook, nobody laughs. But when I tell jokes here, everybody gets it. :dunno:

Wishing you all, and of course everyone at TCS, a peaceful, safe, comfortable, and cat-full Sunday.
Awww, that says it all. Thank you & right back at ya. :hugs:

Anything that takes away my self-control is NOT appreciated!
I know that feeling well. 😉

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's lovely! He looks a little like my little devil Maggie. Did they keep his name Churchill?

Demi says gushyfud is poo. He prefers kibble. I force him to eat his wet food though. What is silverine?

I noticed this! When I tell jokes on Facebook, nobody laughs. But when I tell jokes here, everybody gets it. :dunno:

Awww, that says it all. Thank you & right back at ya. :hugs:

I know that feeling well. 😉
Silvervine is an Asian plant whose effects are even stronger than catnip for many cats. It can be ground up or offered as sticks. We have 50/50 catnip/silvervine and also pure silvervine. The former came from Petco.com and the latter, from a small cat-themed business.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you for the links! I have a feeling that Catculators are being ordered! :lol: :catman:

tabbytom tabbytom Thank you about the flower photo. Flowers are easy. They don’t bat at the camera! ;)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The peach blossom has whiskers! :)

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 So glad to be done with the taxes! I still have to get them run by my preparer but it’s all gathered, documented and the accounting is done! Yay!

If I’m lucky, I’ll get peaches later. Maybe the birds will leave me a few! Lol I do love the rich color of those flowers.

M maggiedemi The people who adopted Churchill did keep the name. Many of the adopting parents of the kitties from here did keep the names. All of that litter did. Remember the kitten you named on your birthday? The flowers babies? Violet , Iris etc. ? All of those kept their names too. I think people hesitate to change a name and confuse a kitty unless they have a very strong desire for a different name.

Everyone here gets the jokes? Of course! Our cats have taught us well! Kitties encourage their humans to enjoy laughter. Cats are so smart!

To everyone who visited the thread on the Mother and son caring for a cat colony, thank you! They deserve a round of applause and it was so wonderful to read of such dedication! The future for those kitties should be a very, very good one. Happy endings!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Thank you for the links! I have a feeling that Catculators are being ordered! :lol: :catman:

tabbytom tabbytom Thank you about the flower photo. Flowers are easy. They don’t bat at the camera! ;)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The peach blossom has whiskers! :)

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 So glad to be done with the taxes! I still have to get them run by my preparer but it’s all gathered, documented and the accounting is done! Yay!

If I’m lucky, I’ll get peaches later. Maybe the birds will leave me a few! Lol I do love the rich color of those flowers.

M maggiedemi The people who adopted Churchill did keep the name. Many of the adopting parents of the kitties from here did keep the names. All of that litter did. Remember the kitten you named on your birthday? The flowers babies? Violet , Iris etc. ? All of those kept their names too. I think people hesitate to change a name and confuse a kitty unless they have a very strong desire for a different name.

Everyone here gets the jokes? Of course! Our cats have taught us well! Kitties encourage their humans to enjoy laughter. Cats are so smart!

To everyone who visited the thread on the Mother and son caring for a cat colony, thank you! They deserve a round of applause and it was so wonderful to read of such dedication! The future for those kitties should be a very, very good one. Happy endings!
Yes, I noticed that about the peach blossom and my nectarine blossoms, as well! Haven't had any nectarines for two years, and I LOVE them, so I'm with you in hoping for some fruit this year.
When Elvis joined us, his dad asked if I was thinking of changing his name. I responded, "His name is ELVIS!" ;) *I mean, when people adopt a kid, do they change its given name???* :sigh:
I'm sure many of us here are praying for a GOOD continuation of that story. They are very good people. Sounds like their environment is basically very pro-feline except for the meanie, and she probably needs more exposure to, and education about, cats, because those who don't love cats, don't KNOW cats, don't we agree?:yess:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I noticed that about the peach blossom and my nectarine blossoms, as well! Haven't had any nectarines for two years, and I LOVE them, so I'm with you in hoping for some fruit this year.
When Elvis joined us, his dad asked if I was thinking of changing his name. I responded, "His name is ELVIS!" ;) *I mean, when people adopt a kid, do they change its given name???* :sigh:
I'm sure many of us here are praying for a GOOD continuation of that story. They are very good people. Sounds like their environment is basically very pro-feline except for the meanie, and she probably needs more exposure to, and education about, cats, because those who don't love cats, don't KNOW cats, don't we agree?:yess:
I hope you get fruit too! Nothing beats freshly picked fruit! I have planted various edibles every where I have ever lived. There was an Apple tree at my first home. I never could determine the variety. An old one. I’ll never forget the flavor though! Best apples I have ever tasted! The last time I went back to see the place, the apple tree was still there. I imagine it has been providing wonderful treats for many decades.

The people who are caring for those kitties are shining examples there. I actually feel sorry for the person who is being mean. They strike me as very sad. They are surrounded by love and don’t know it. Such a huge loss. I have often found that the haters are afraid but don’t wish to let that be known. Perhaps someone will take be able to open that heart, Perhaps a kitty will show her what she is missing. I completely agree that she does not know cats or she would be enjoying life there. Kittyland! That state is much better for kitties than many. May it spread!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Lady out to the garden today. The water is receding!

Lady thought she wanted a nice roll in the leaves.
159ECB99-E98D-4246-8A2F-2EEBEFB85A88.jpeg

Nope! Still damp!
FF986923-0A82-46F1-A714-83969AABED75.jpeg

I think I’ll stay in the flower bed!
663301AF-95F1-4B25-A5D1-671F844D8FC0.jpeg

Unless you’d be willing to carry me!?!? I see something moving!
8EF497A8-9E34-497F-AC57-8A10140602B8.jpeg

Hmmmm. What are those?
C4821A0E-7677-4765-A9E3-39B076A2D700.jpeg

Lol Those are Floating Flowers Lady.
E668BFB7-4B96-42DC-8C1B-DA9ED0F94500.jpeg

Floating? That means wet?
3D4A9FEC-9B6B-4599-AF3C-19F0663ABF56.jpeg

Interesting but I think I’ll just hold on to you Mom!
3029CF89-6B15-4188-B3A6-89E7A6255CCD.jpeg

:lol: Typical of Lady, she stayed high and dry on Mom. She enjoyed watching the spent flowers drift in the breeze but had no desire to get her paws wet. She was tightly fastened to my shirt with her claws. I kind of enjoy carrying her anyway. ;)

Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I changed Lelia's name, but she was a kitten. If I adopted an older cat, I'd probably consider keeping the name they came with unless I hated it.
It’s very easy with a kitten. They really don’t have a name set in their minds yet. Kitty, kitty or ,sweet little baby, is good with them! Truthfully, all kitties will respond to love more than a name anyway. :redheartpump: (I’ve met kitties that I also thought,” why that name?!?!?! Lol) I changed one of an adult kitty because she just needed a sweeter name. The name should feel right.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Lady out to the garden today.
Oh my, an entire post of my favorite little Lady pics. You know I enjoyed that. 😍

I changed Lelia's name, but she was a kitten.
I'm really picky about names. I like to use human names for my cats, so if it was a human name I would probably keep it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Typical of Lady, she stayed high and dry on Mom. She enjoyed watching the spent flowers drift in the breeze but had no desire to get her paws wet. She was tightly fastened to my shirt with her claws. I kind of enjoy carrying her anyway. ;)
I've said it before, but oh what a beautiful cat Miss Lady is. Truly gorgeous. :catlove:

I changed one of an adult kitty because she just needed a sweeter name. The name should feel right.
I changed Ruby's name from the one the shelter had given her, which didn't suit her at all, and of course wasn't even her real name. If I had known her original name, and if she answered to it, I likely would have kept it. :lovecat2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Josephine is a good name, but Ruby is lovely and suits your beauty better, I agree!
M maggiedemi So, is Demi named for Demi Moore, by any chance? There are lots of Maggies in the world, so I won't venture a guess.
Jcatbird Jcatbird Well, we can't blame Lady for not wanting to get her paw floofs wet, can we? What a lovely Lady she is! The floating blossoms are beautiful. Glad it's drying out for you. Yes, I agree about the meanie. Someone I know, and have high regard for, told me he dislikes cats. He mentioned their sharp claws, so I knew right away that the dislike is rooted in fear. I kept my talk to a minimum, but every time he comes to see me, he sees my cats. He now asks me how they are. That's progress, isn't it? He has a dog, and as everyone knows, I am NOT a dog person but the dog is a family member to him and I naturally ask after the dog, because he and his family care about her. Mutual respect and caring=GOOD things. Right? Right!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Josephine
I think Ruby definitely fits her better. :thumbsup:

So, is Demi named for Demi Moore, by any chance?
Yes, I liked the name from Demi Moore & Demi Lovato. Plus I thought Demi was a girl at first. He already knew his name by the time I figured out he was a boy, so I kept it, since it seems to be an okay boy name too...With Maggie, I just love the name and also the song Maggie May.

the dislike is rooted in fear
I was this way with dogs until recently when I finally met some nice ones that didn't bark loudly or jump on me. My brother takes his dogs to doggie school, so they are well behaved. I'm not sure if I would ever leave a dog alone with my cats though!

I naturally ask after the dog, because he and his family care about her. Mutual respect and caring=GOOD things.
This is a good reminder. :hugs:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I thought you might like the post last night. ;)

rubysmama rubysmama I think Ruby is the perfect name. She is a precious gem! I always feel the name should fit and be comfortable to all. I think the kitties always give their approval.:)
Banjo was very picky! I went through a LOT of names before she responded. Lol Who would have guessed Banjo?!?! I think Lady has the right name. Not an uncommon one but it certainly fits.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Lady is a true lady. No muss on her floof! Lol She was fascinated by the floating flowers. Lol Strange looking fish as far as she was concerned! :lol:

I do think fear is part of the problem with many who do not understand cats. Sounds like you have great progress with your friend. It’s very important that we have mutual respect. That opens the door to understanding. :redheartpump:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi I thought you might like the post last night. ;)

rubysmama rubysmama I think Ruby is the perfect name. She is a precious gem! I always feel the name should fit and be comfortable to all. I think the kitties always give their approval.:)
Banjo was very picky! I went through a LOT of names before she responded. Lol Who would have guessed Banjo?!?! I think Lady has the right name. Not an uncommon one but it certainly fits.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Lady is a true lady. No muss on her floof! Lol She was fascinated by the floating flowers. Lol Strange looking fish as far as she was concerned! :lol:

I do think fear is part of the problem with many who do not understand cats. Sounds like you have great progress with your friend. It’s very important that we have mutual respect. That opens the door to understanding. :redheartpump:
Realizing that someone is cared about by someone we care about is HUGE. That makes the first "someone" real and valued. Often, that starts a chain reaction in our minds, and we end up wondering why/about the caring, which can take us on a journey of discovery that results in US caring as well. Not always. But sometimes.
And yes, I can see that Lady is a fastidious, well, lady. A beauty!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Getting the human brain into gear can have all kinds of wonderful results. I think sometimes it can be sort of frozen in fear. Also the fight or flight instinct can kick in. Hopefully the caring gives us all the time to reflect and examine. The journey of discovery is exactly what brings good results! :yess: Agreed, agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.