My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom had daylilies here. I've seen them come up once or twice in the time I've been here. They are beautiful!
We don't usually see flowers open, but I am fascinated by the birds of Paradise which I ALMOST get to see as they open. They are such unusual flowers.
What a sweet Banjo and frog couple!
Many of my beloveds (have) love(d) to be brushed and we used to have a routine where they'd line up in the bathroom waiting to be groomed. Sometimes two would jump up on the toilet at the same time, each vying to be first. My current bathroom doesn't lend itself to this so I have to catch a cat on the fly, usually in the master bedroom.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi If Demi brushed her fur with her teeth, maybe she is also brushing her teeth with her fur? :thumbsup: Good girl but no punching mom.

N NY cat man Chain mail or chain nails? Lol I have noticed that the cats have a preference. Some love the flea comb but not a brush and vice versa. I like a brush myself! Then again, I haven’t given the flea comb a chance! :lol:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 It is very rare to see a flower open. Most open slowly. There is an orchid that opens quickly though. It makes the faintest sound as the petals all release at once into the fully opened flower. The first time I experienced this I was hooked. Lol I began observing the plants very closely so I got a feel for the time it took for the buds to fully develop. After a couple of years I could gauge pretty close to the morning they would open and each day I would be out early to wait. Lol I started catching the show more often and I never got tired of reruns.
Now I am picturing a line of kitties all the way out the bathroom door! :lol: That makes an adorable picture in my mind!! Fur salon!:bluecat::bluecat::bluecat::bluecat: Next please!

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m just going to start out laughing. I was washing clothes today and then went outside to scrub litter boxes. I saw somehing white on the ground. A small white mound. Upon close examination, I discovered it was soap bubbles. 🙄 I have seen that before. The washing machine is on it’s own drain field and system. I just dug this whole thing out about year and a half ago. Maybe two years? I put all new drain rock in and cleared the area. I guess that all the rain lately saturated the drain field. I couldn’t let it back up into the house so I grabbed a shovel! Lol I trenched a nice hole and line just far enough from the house to give the water enough room to pool away from the house. Once the flood was redirected, I started checking the drain field. It looks like some clay has been washed in.:doh: I’ll be working this out for awhile. Hoping the sun stays out to help!!

Where have you been ?
5E9FBAA5-6729-4F6C-9AFA-165089F63764.jpeg

You brought in a funny smell. I can’t wash it off my nose!
3A127A00-C973-4C00-B5A7-C6A4329C7652.jpeg

It’s making my tail stand on end! Lol
3369B019-72C5-4E0A-B43D-3531136EAD76.jpeg

I think you should go back outside!
CB988419-41A4-4EF7-843A-EC1ABC235793.jpeg

Want me to open the door for you?
F16A7009-81BF-4608-A005-FD27F27E39F5.jpeg

I have a sudden urge to lick my fur!
51537132-2D3C-4516-B4BB-253487401A59.jpeg

I suggest everyone get up high!
C7DBFE20-6AF9-4227-BE45-5F23DF922017.jpeg

There’s something on your paw.
B0B6CE3E-A169-478B-8DC2-432326954B33.jpeg

I know you are a hooman but don’t you know
that when you cover things, you’re not supposed to get it on your paws?
B588EB68-2967-4F5A-94BB-D91B3277CC67.jpeg

Ewwww. I think I walked where she put her paw! Someone get me a washcloth!
35025F86-0165-4FDD-8F03-45CB8909561D.jpeg

:flail:Don’t panic kitties! It’s just soapy clay. Thrasher wouldn’t put her foot back down until I cleaned it. I offered her a bath but she will only bathe if I get her a “Claw foot” tub. 😁
N NY cat man Please send your expert, Digger, to help!
Time to rest. I’ll be working again tomorrow. If I don’t show up here, please come look for a clay covered Hooman. :thud::lol::heartshape:

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m just going to start out laughing. I was washing clothes today and then went outside to scrub litter boxes. I saw somehing white on the ground. A small white mound. Upon close examination, I discovered it was soap bubbles. 🙄 I have seen that before. The washing machine is on it’s own drain field and system. I just dug this whole thing out about year and a half ago. Maybe two years? I put all new drain rock in and cleared the area. I guess that all the rain lately saturated the drain field. I couldn’t let it back up into the house so I grabbed a shovel! Lol I trenched a nice hole and line just far enough from the house to give the water enough room to pool away from the house. Once the flood was redirected, I started checking the drain field. It looks like some clay has been washed in.:doh: I’ll be working this out for awhile. Hoping the sun stays out to help!!
Yikes ... never a dull moment at Chez Catbird. :hugs: Here's hoping for lots of dry sunny days. :sunshine:

That's why I don't know if I would ever buy my own home, even if I won the lottery. I wouldn't know how to do all that stuff!
I admire people who can. :worship:
That's why there's people who specialize in trades, like plumbers, electricians, etc. Because we all can't be a handy-woman, like Jcatbird Jcatbird . ;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, all, Jcatbird Jcatbird is multi-talented! We admire her greatly. And yes, M maggiedemi , owning a house is a full-time job and you come to understand why property owners charge the rents they do. Taxes, repairs, maintenance etc. all has to be factored in to the price. Some of my renting friends don't seem to understand why I can't spend on going out to eat/the movies/new "stuff" all the time. That's why.
Well, the clowder doesn't love the smell of soapy clay and we can't blame them, can we? :lol2:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Caught kitty with bad foot and took him to my vet today. I only have two more to go, Thomas O'Malley and Mrs. O'Malley.

I think my vet is going to disapoint me again, like he did when he took Inky in. Today, he was already complaining about the young tom I brought him a week ago- complaining because he wasn't taming up fast enough. It has only been one week! If I could tame a snarling, hissing, little panther like Inky, he should be able to tame this cat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Caught kitty with bad foot and took him to my vet today. I only have two more to go, Thomas O'Malley and Mrs. O'Malley.

I think my vet is going to disapoint me again, like he did when he took Inky in. Today, he was already complaining about the young tom I brought him a week ago- complaining because he wasn't taming up fast enough. It has only been one week! If I could tame a snarling, hissing, little panther like Inky, he should be able to tame this cat.
Well, gosh, if you want to, you can tell him a fellow TCS member's feral is 15 pushing 16, only bonded to me, and bites frequently. :insertevillaugh::clapcat:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, gosh, if you want to, you can tell him a fellow TCS member's feral is 15 pushing 16, only bonded to me, and bites frequently. :insertevillaugh::clapcat:
That's wonderful, tarasgirl. It is a very special feeling when you earn their trust.

My vet knows better, he is just choosing the easy road. I will hear how my cats are keeping other cats from receiving the help that they need- as if it was a drug rehab center.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much! I am fighting infection in my foot of undetermined cause. The kitties are all okay. I am hoping to be back on my feet quickly. I’ll post when I can. :redheartpump: Much love and purrs to all. I wish all purramedics looked like that! Lol A kitten in the bed is always nice too!

Status
Not open for further replies.