My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Very good to see you stopped by! Just sent you a message.
Glad you guys are all o.k. !! For the next (expletive deleted) storm - consider getting a bunch of the 10" O2 battery powered fans. They're the largest I've been able to find. They require 6 or 8 D batteries each, but with no power, post wind, you have to have some air movement !! (as you know so well.) I sympathize about the hairballs. My biggest worry, other than the cats being too hot - is the way the heat magnifies the smell ( I'm in a condo and am paranoid the neighbors will smell the funk) so my hurricane kit has a whole bunch of air fresheners. I spent the last hurricane running from room to room, swigging wine which helped not one bit with my anxiety, while the cats seemed to not care at all about the wind screeching outside. But I understand the anxiety when you've got an outside one. It's awful. I'd have been right there with you, outside under the tarp. You deserve a medal of honor for that my friend.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Fergus McGinger!!! I love that you used Ginger in his name. It immediately put my mind back to my dear little Gingerbread babies. ;) He is really healthy and fine! I know you’ll have him inside the enclosure soon. Welcome to the Clowder Fergus McGinger! :redheartpump:
It is a coincidence that we both found Gingers. Funny but it seems to have been a summer of sunrise ginger kitties. I know others here have adopted some sweet gingers. That is not as common a color here and this is the first female ginger I have ever had come into my life. She’s a real ball of lightning now that she is feeling better. She has stolen hearts.
Yes.... just some nice hair all’s. Doesn’t everyone love getting surprise gifts? :lol:

@Catzmeow Thank you! It was a fur raising experience;) but we made it through.

@NY cat man It is better to be prepared. Always. I hope Elizabeth City was not affected.
Wanda Heart is much more active now. She made a dash for freedom! She still cannot be around BJ or Mack but she in in a room that adjoins the room with Liberty, Callie, Alley and Tortie. Those four girls prefer to be their own chowder. They do mingle with the others but they were bonded before they came in. They stick together for the most part. Wanda Heart decided she wanted to be ,” one of the girls.” Lol She ran between my feet and into their midst. We had some startled ladies. :lol: I wish I had gotten that on camera! Wanda Heart wasn’t at all put off. She pursued every one of them. Want to play? Lol I shut the group off for now so Wanda Heart can get some exercise until all is completed. My smashed side makes it really hard to drive. Going forward, no problem. If I have to look around, not so good. I was told to ,” only drive if necessary.” Of course when Wanda Heart got sick, it was totally necessary. The friend that would usually help me is the one who was in a wreck so.... that isn’t an option right now. I was supposed to go back to my doc yesterday. Dorian shut that whole county down. I got a call today to reschedule so if I get the okay, we’re back on schedule for the rest of the shots for Wanda Heart and total run of the house. Funny though, she was very brave about running out the door to her room but is terrified of the next door. :dunno: Not sure why but we may have to work on that. No word from any of the shelters. No room at the Inn. Adoptions here have come to a grinding halt according to everyone I work with. I don’t want her spending her entire life in a cage at a shelter so unless things improve, I guess she must wait. I had hoped to get her settled in a home while she is still a kitten. Still hoping though.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Froggie is a most unusual fellow. Very regal. He obviously has good taste. :lol: I wonder what his “bug of choice” would be?!?!?

My lip is intact. Word around the house is that Banjo is the ring leader. She’s a real joker so.... no surprise there.

@surya I agree with @walli Soooo cute! Thank you for sharing the photos. Those expressions! Heh. Each one is showing a lot of purrsonality. The looks speak volumes.

rubysmama rubysmama Safe and sound. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 is also safe with Hekitty. Still checking on others.
Very happy to respond to that thread.
“Might” have advice? :flail:Who me? I’m a person of few words! NOT! Lol I hope I said something helpful and I’ll follow up. I have gotten delayed a bit in my responses but still working on it.

tnrmakessense tnrmakessense Thanks for the tip about the fan! I have a smaller one but going to look for the larger ones. I know what you mean about heat and smell. I use a spray that I just love! It’s called Pure Citrus. It’s made from orange oil and I use it at doorways. It keeps the cats away from doors and really stops the smell. In rooms where no cats reside, I use it next to a fan. I used to use it outside to keep male cats from spraying my doors or around my van. I wouldn’t use it right where the cats are going to be but you can certainly use it around the frame of your exit door. Potent and natural. I get a lot of compliments on the “scent” of my house! :flail: Little do the visitors know.... more than two dozen litter boxes live here.
I can understand a bit of wine. Lol My tummy would rebel though. Digestive issues. Maybe Chammomile tea would help? The anxiety from the storms can be very stressful. I am getting older now so I mostly worry about the kitties being safe but being in a condo brings up other issues. Maybe try that citrus spray before the next power outage to see if you like it. If people come sniffing around, it’s because everything smells like fresh oranges. Lol

Today I noticed some kitties scratching! No!!!!! I can’t give flea treatment again yet. I had hoped all fleas would flee the storm but maybe they took us for a safe haven. I got out the flea comb. A flea comb and a bowl of dish liquid and water is always a good way to remove any fleas. Get in line kitties!!!!!

Some kitties love being combed.
B9A236E3-BB02-411C-B14C-93F948E015C9.jpeg

Feel good BJ?
07D2EDE4-5622-4742-8584-2D73BCD4E6AF.jpeg

Some kitties are undecided.
103BF966-1DDA-4293-A722-5200925FFE9D.jpeg

Come here Kodiak. It feels good!
91ED0426-6ECA-41AB-BA99-9082867D5C04.jpeg

:lol: Going under cover.
E76862E0-CBEC-4240-903B-EC67B330FB51.jpeg

Sure you won’t try it?
018CFA05-0816-44C1-8928-D9CB81C5A680.jpeg

Kodiak.....
18DCEDB2-72F7-4098-A935-7C96A3733E6C.jpeg

See..... feels so good you stopped to make biscuits!
AC439104-0D37-4335-B20A-1059EADD26E1.jpeg

Now. Come here Banjo.
7669854D-46AB-48BB-9168-CB137146A9D2.jpeg

Leaving! You have something suspicious in your hand!
A248C1CE-42F7-40D0-BBCD-882C04BD7735.jpeg

WHAT are you doing to me?
CCC9CC7B-6142-419F-B032-E5005660BA7A.jpeg

No, no, no! Stop! Eeeeewee!
D224E39A-BB41-434E-8AA9-D4F936D7F044.jpeg

I can groom myself, thank you!
F4D18D05-B797-49DD-8A7F-5AD48D081327.jpeg

I can also speak without moving my lips. That comb was wet and you did that on purpose.
ACDA727B-ACE7-4EC5-84F0-A09DF1F2D83D.jpeg

You do realize that you have to sleep eventually....? :insertevillaugh:
7C379BE4-1B7C-4764-A744-7288BDA221E4.jpeg

Whoops. I have a feeling that the next time Banjo uses me as a ventriloquist dummy, her paw will be wet. :kitty:

I hope everyone else sleeps well tonight. I May be sleeping like this.:paperbag:
:flail: :heartshape:

Attachments

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not tell you. I would have but knew you had some things going on. I didn’t want to add anything to make you worry. Besides, not sure there is a song about smashing your ribs. Lol I got my ribs, side and back in a fall across something and had to go to urgent care immediately. Still getting around but ouching a lot. Lol It will pass. Thank you for asking.,:heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama Safe and sound. Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 is also safe with Hekitty. Still checking on others.
Glad y'all are safe and sound. Dorian's heading my way today, so Ruby and I are battening down the hatches, and staying put. Hopefully no alligators show up looking for a dry place to hang out. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird Would a back brace help you be more comfortable when driving? I have a tipped vertebra that sometimes pinches the spinal nerve with interesting results :shocked:and when I'm really hurtin' for certain, the brace helps. You can get them at drug stores for not much or, I'm sure, on eBay or amazon.
I could have sworn Wanda Heart HAS a nice safe secure home? ;) at least for the time being *and IDK how you could let her go at this point! But just sayin'.*
rubysmama rubysmama and everyone else in the Zone, BE SAFE! :yess:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OHAI! IZ ME! We made it, and it's so good to see that Jcatbird Jcatbird et al came through with flying colors as well! We did lose power for 5 hours, but that's not a real problem. No food lost.

Battery operated fans are good. MUST see about that! As well as LED lanterns, which go forever on one set of batteries!

LOVES and SKRITCHES to all of the kitties at Chez Jcatbird, and a big HUG to you!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He is really healthy and fine! I know you’ll have him inside the enclosure soon
Thank you. He was so skinny when he first turned up, but he's fattening up nicely.

It is a coincidence that we both found Gingers.
It's strange, isn't it? I love ginger cats, I'm glad another one found me.

I got my ribs, side and back in a fall across something and had to go to urgent care immediately. Still getting around but ouching a lot.
Ouch, I hope that's nothing serious.

:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! I am trying to help a semi feral/ dumped Ginger cat in New York. He is living caged right now and has had a temporary rescue but is scheduled to be put back out in the elements very soon. He’s a beautiful young guy and needs a home. I do not think he is feral but desperately wants a human. He was trying to keep his human helper close and grabbed her pants leg which resulted in a tooth going through to her leg but in discussing it at length he seems to just really want love. I have sent pms to the helper with all the info I can find for shelters and adoption centers but I would love it if anyone here can provide any more help for Merlin. Some magic for Merlin? Hoping, hoping, hoping. This has been the Summer of Ginger sunrises. One more Ginger rescue?!?!?! He has a white tummy and tipped paws. He looks like someone else we know around here. It’s going to get cold up there soon.Can Someone Adopt Merlin?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I hope the power stays on! No worries about gators. I kept them all here. :) That Dorian is sopposed to go up to swat at others we know too. Tell Ruby to blow it away. Stay safe!:vibes:
To the others north, stay safe as well.:heartshape:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I actually have a back brace that was given to me when I was recovering from paralysis. I tried to use it but it put pressure on the wrong spot. Any pressure on my ribs is a big oweee right now. Thanks for thinking of me though. I wish it would help. It seems that I had more get hurt than just ribs. Muscles and deeper bruising. It will take time.
Wanda Heart does have a home here if it’s the best thing for her. I just want her to have the very best I can give her. Even if that means, she has to leave me. It’s never easy to let any go but we have to keep in my her best interests. I admit, it wipes me out when I say goodbye. I’m not very good at goodbyes. I mostly worry about her being so young. I have to stick around a verrry long time. Lol Of course, I plan to do that.

M maggiedemi No worries about gators going there. I want them all for pets. :lol:

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Another storm gone from this place. Very glad you didn’t lose food or anything but a few hours of power. I still have signal problems here. :dunno: Typical though.
As long as lives are safe, it’s all okay. I’m very slow in putting everything back though. Trying to take it easy in my side. No rush I suppose.

Norachan Norachan He was skinny? He looks gorgeous now! Amazing what love will do. The sun of ginger kitties rose for us both. :) Little Wanda Heart makes me laugh a lot.
I am due for some more tests after my fall. I really did a number in my ribs, back and chest. The funny thing is that my bottom half was saved by falling in a new box of cat litter. :flail:I guess you could say I was rescued by the cats! The rewards from the kitties never end.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our smiles tonight come from more than one kitty. :) I can always count on them for laughter.

Just try to take a nap around here. Lol Play time!
7FBC7BCC-A8A5-446D-BBA3-C608106887FF.jpeg

A tangle of stripes.
21E7008F-B140-401B-A8B2-D5B5E094BA4B.jpeg

Which kitties?
65A7F19E-708F-4C2C-8BCC-FC1AF5764413.jpeg

A tail flip caused BJ to raise his head!
67C234C1-5712-488E-A5FB-385433ED8F2E.jpeg

Oh! A somersault kitty!
66C35602-D987-4537-8915-85F1C3AC96A1.jpeg

BJ gives a hop and leaves. No gymnastics for him.
4E73894F-BFE1-44D2-B988-D654FE65832B.jpeg

The fun has ended and now I see.....
6877C61B-5C4B-4C5E-8782-EAF760B9B1B0.jpeg

It’s little Whistle!
72945B33-01F4-4D15-BE0F-63AE64D95C19.jpeg

Oh no. Precious is coming. Mom! Stop him!
80434D41-A847-413D-9ACB-CC3DF6E946C5.jpeg

What do you want?
5BFF14B7-84AF-45C0-8B14-7AC4C9D215EE.jpeg

Being friendly?
9E6E85B3-A396-47F6-B724-A0C9612D06D2.jpeg

I’ll head butt, but no cat butt!
66476125-E5B3-49D4-9F16-7D04ACDD6DEC.jpeg

Face scent is nice.
00BCEB70-113E-4095-8B16-018699A1E72D.jpeg

I think I’ll put my face down so be can’t tail scent again.
9356BB56-2E64-4AEA-B9F1-BEB0B6C33529.jpeg

Unh. I knew it! He’s getting in position!
A6CF2861-BFA6-4E18-B500-6531EF7A06AE.jpeg

I think I’ll swat him and leave.
57510F66-173C-4981-8822-31B5E731026F.jpeg

Rats. Everywhere I look there are cat tails! Maybe I better close the door.
031AC0C3-63A5-4F05-847F-41B4B2962C97.jpeg

I’m not worried about cat tails. I may be little but I’m taking over.
A02950D6-57C1-45FD-99F6-B68B48BB282F.jpeg

:lol:
Funny that Wanda Heart has a whole bedroom of furniture to choose to sit on. She chose to sit right on a picture of a bird. I guess she knows she lives at Chez Catbird. :flail:

Have a great night and sending love with purrs from all at Chez Catbird.:heartshape::gingercat2:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I am due for some more tests after my fall. I really did a number in my ribs, back and chest.
Promise me you'll get that looked at as soon as you can. It's so easy to crack a rib and not realise it. Even if they are just badly bruised you need to get them seen to. If your ribs hurt you don't breath properly and that can make you light headed.

Take care of yourself.

:hugs:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello everyone! I am trying to help a semi feral/ dumped Ginger cat in New York.
Thank you for all you're doing for Merlin and his care giver. Hopefully he'll find a home. :crossfingers:

rubysmama rubysmama I hope the power stays on! No worries about gators. I kept them all here. :) That Dorian is sopposed to go up to swat at others we know too. Tell Ruby to blow it away. Stay safe!:vibes:
To the others north, stay safe as well.:heartshape:
I was so lucky. My power stayed on the entire storm, despite there being multiple outages everywhere. We TCS members were all lucky this time. :petcat:

I really did a number in my ribs, back and chest.
If you're not feeling like it's healing properly or quickly enough, do ensure you get yourself checked out again. You need to be well for those kitties. :catlove:

Our smiles tonight come from more than one kitty. :) I can always count on them for laughter.
Loved all the pics, as usual. :lovecat: And bonus seeing little Wanda Heart at the end. :lovecat2:

Status
Not open for further replies.