My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unh! 3 Million ordered to evacuate coastal areas! More evacuations will be ordered. The storm is stalled off the lower portion of eastern Florida but still striking north part of Bahamas. Florida gas stations are running out of gas, one of the city shelters that is open there only enough room for 2,000 people. If you ever see stories on the news about the people who don’t evacuate or go to a shelter, some just don’t get a chance, have a place to go or have a way out. I know of many who just won’t leave animals behind too. A friend has a part pit bull dog and he won’t be allowed at the shelter because of the pit bull genes. Another can’t find a shelter that will accept pets. Another does not have the shots up to date on her very elderly cat because of fear that he cannot tolerate the shots at his delicate stage in life. Shelters require shots be up to date. Very hard for some people to leave. Here, the police are preparing and people who are leaving are being advised not to leave anything tempting out for looters. Some stay to protect what they have struggled to get in life. It’s all they have. Looters take advantage of vacant cities. There are as many reasons for staying put as there are people who stay behind. I always hope that those who stay will be safe and protected. The storm has expanded. Maybe it will just get tired and go home! Go home Dorian!:vibes:
@Mamanyt1953 and all others, be safe. Please be safe!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I don’t like mass chain stores either but in this case, could be a true lifesaver for some. Our State Representative owns my pharmacy. He’s always been kind to me and community involved in a good way. I know he would not approve of what happened. When the cat’s away....

I did enjoy reading that article from 24/7. Everyone should know the straight facts. Seriously, common sense?

@NY cat man Moved to Elizabeth City? I had a lot of family there at one time. Beautiful area. I hope they don’t get hit. The last hurricane that hit NC sent flooding far inland. The rivers and creeks no longer flowed out to the ocean but reversed as surge was pushed inland. One town has been totally wiped out twice lately. They had just rebuilt when that storm hit them again. We’ll put them on our list for hopes and prayers.

@Catzmeow Thank you! You are sweet to say so! Don’t worry, I’m also a bit weathered and salty! Lol That means I won’t melt easily.

@Jewely Thank you too! The kitties have sharpened their claws for extra hanging ability!

rubysmama rubysmama maybe the song, Don’t worry, be happy?!?!? I have one in mind to post that I always liked a lot. I hope everyone will check it out!
Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

If the storm comes here we are now looking for it to hit at night. Since the power always goes out here, I have special rechargeable lights. Maybe I better test them out?

:kitty: Nice and bright.
1DE6D0AD-A609-4CCC-A17B-1313FF08E39D.jpeg

Low beams.
56661F99-F4EF-4A63-A9A4-C5D9E1761EAD.jpeg

High beams... shift to...
E31B397B-395F-4F27-AE6D-072D77066161.jpeg

dimmer switch.
0EDD56C4-B8E1-4BBB-AD49-6B0BD315DDDB.jpeg

Okay! I turned them off to save the charge!
C9330655-66FA-44B6-B325-35876A77F8A2.jpeg

Recharging!
1E1C9BCC-E39F-4456-AAD1-8024490D14C0.jpeg

:lol:

The cats are a bit jumpy but enjoying having crates and cages everywhere. Seriously, everywhere! Funny thing though, you know that story about ,” not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse”? Suddenly all the kitties went to one side of the cat room and sat very still! :dunno: What’s that about?
FB2641FE-DB76-43BB-A80A-877C68F98FD5.jpeg

This is new!
1CAA4E5E-B577-4F50-A949-FEFB66190B04.jpeg

Hmmmm. Kodiak nearly frozen.
B5834DFA-D60B-4999-8D1B-3C2D17BACE2B.jpeg

Always.....
1770E931-E87F-4567-AC58-4BC72FCAA2DA.jpeg

Follow the eye of the cat.
996B4E4B-2954-4E79-ACFA-8261E51914A5.jpeg

or cats.
C023A88F-7274-4EDE-B8E1-5B9C296525FD.jpeg

What’s that just to the left?
13F8E6BD-9326-4C23-B3C0-5655B00074E3.jpeg

Now to the right!?!?!
50706448-0BF9-4CBA-9B46-A9E4F1EF2534.jpeg

Heading to one of the shelters set up behind the house for wild creatures...that’s not a Raccoon, not a cat...
ABCF8BA6-3D39-41C9-AF78-49E8898E08DE.jpeg

A juvenile opossum!
D217ED07-9494-44F1-A930-402BC7BAD7A7.jpeg

Awww. He isn’t a baby but not a big guy either. Kind of looks like a creature is stirring. A big mouse!:flail:Either the animals are sensing the weather change or I’m just an animal magnet after all. The armadillos must have sent him. I hate to think what would show up if I moved to the countryside! :lol:I hope I don’t need an ark!:eek2:

Smiles tonight courtesy of our new friend!
Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If the storm comes here we are now looking for it to hit at night. Since the power always goes out here, I have special rechargeable lights. Maybe I better test them out?
Storms always seem to hit at night. :sigh: Greats rechargeable lights, though. I think I have one of them myself. :catman: :winkcat:

Still worried about you and the cats. Are you the only human there now? Or do you still have company?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The latest Weather Channel reports I've seen are saying that Dorian has been downgraded from Cat5 to Cat3, which is certainly good; and that the Carolinas are probably going to be impacted more heavily than Florida. The wind speeds and rain totals I'm seeing for FL are a lot less severe than earlier projected reports.
Jcatbird Jcatbird , I'd be in the "cannot evac" category, too, so I certainly empathize.
Cute little possum. Hope he and his peeps stay safe.

Just FYI, friends of mine who were about 900 ft. from the river survived Katrina and Rita, and so did every one of their feral cat crew, who would not be corralled to safety. They themselves had to evac at one point, but they still had a house when they came back, though one room was water damaged and probably had to be rebuilt.

*PRAYERS* for everyone!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unh! 3 Million ordered to evacuate coastal areas! More evacuations will be ordered. The storm is stalled off the lower portion of eastern Florida but still striking north part of Bahamas. Florida gas stations are running out of gas, one of the city shelters that is open there only enough room for 2,000 people. If you ever see stories on the news about the people who don’t evacuate or go to a shelter, some just don’t get a chance, have a place to go or have a way out. I know of many who just won’t leave animals behind too. A friend has a part pit bull dog and he won’t be allowed at the shelter because of the pit bull genes. Another can’t find a shelter that will accept pets. Another does not have the shots up to date on her very elderly cat because of fear that he cannot tolerate the shots at his delicate stage in life. Shelters require shots be up to date. Very hard for some people to leave. Here, the police are preparing and people who are leaving are being advised not to leave anything tempting out for looters. Some stay to protect what they have struggled to get in life. It’s all they have. Looters take advantage of vacant cities. There are as many reasons for staying put as there are people who stay behind. I always hope that those who stay will be safe and protected. The storm has expanded. Maybe it will just get tired and go home! Go home Dorian!:vibes:
@Mamanyt1953 and all others, be safe. Please be safe!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I don’t like mass chain stores either but in this case, could be a true lifesaver for some. Our State Representative owns my pharmacy. He’s always been kind to me and community involved in a good way. I know he would not approve of what happened. When the cat’s away....

I did enjoy reading that article from 24/7. Everyone should know the straight facts. Seriously, common sense?

@NY cat man Moved to Elizabeth City? I had a lot of family there at one time. Beautiful area. I hope they don’t get hit. The last hurricane that hit NC sent flooding far inland. The rivers and creeks no longer flowed out to the ocean but reversed as surge was pushed inland. One town has been totally wiped out twice lately. They had just rebuilt when that storm hit them again. We’ll put them on our list for hopes and prayers.

@Catzmeow Thank you! You are sweet to say so! Don’t worry, I’m also a bit weathered and salty! Lol That means I won’t melt easily.

@Jewely Thank you too! The kitties have sharpened their claws for extra hanging ability!

rubysmama rubysmama maybe the song, Don’t worry, be happy?!?!? I have one in mind to post that I always liked a lot. I hope everyone will check it out!
Thread Devoted To Sharing Your Favorite Albums And Songs - 2019

:kitty: Nice and bright.
View attachment 298523
Low beams.
View attachment 298524
High beams... shift to...
View attachment 298525
dimmer switch.
View attachment 298526
Okay! I turned them off to save the charge!
View attachment 298527
Recharging!View attachment 298534
:lol:

The cats are a bit jumpy but enjoying having crates and cages everywhere. Seriously, everywhere! Funny thing though, you know that story about ,” not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse”? Suddenly all the kitties went to one side of the cat room and sat very still! :dunno: What’s that about?
View attachment 298535
This is new!
View attachment 298536
Hmmmm. Kodiak nearly frozen.
View attachment 298542
Always.....
View attachment 298543
Follow the eye of the cat.
View attachment 298544
or cats.
View attachment 298537
What’s that just to the left?
View attachment 298541
Now to the right!?!?!
View attachment 298539
Heading to one of the shelters set up behind the house for wild creatures...that’s not a Raccoon, not a cat...
View attachment 298540
A juvenile opossum!
View attachment 298538
Awww. He isn’t a baby but not a big guy either. Kind of looks like a creature is stirring. A big mouse!:flail:Either the animals are sensing the weather change or I’m just an animal magnet after all. The armadillos must have sent him. I hate to think what would show up if I moved to the countryside! :lol:I hope I don’t need an ark!:eek2:

Smiles tonight courtesy of our new friend!
Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:
Just saw this and had to share these little froggies! Man finds tiny frogs hiding in wind chimes from Hurricane Dorian

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey! I’m here W walli Near the coast but not right on it. Not by the Florida border. Part of the reason I moved was because of Hurricanes.;) Maybe should have moved a bit further. Lol The storm has been traveling very slowly. We still don’t know what it will do but expecting rain and wind. Power outages maybe. It’s always a waiting and watching scenario.

The storm is going very slowly, the kitties are trying to blow it away! ;) If anyone can, we should have enough kitties here to do it.

Norachan Norachan Thank you. So very glad you are here. I know you have been through these things too. The storm is taking its time getting here. We watch again tomorrow and the next day for it to be active. So far it’s very dark here and been raining. Bands of the storm started going over yesterday. I’ ve invited all the wildlife into the highest spots I have. MREs for animals are being provided until the storm has passed and it is safe for the creatures to forage again. I expect some high water around me just because we get that even from regular heavy rainfall. I hope the armadillos will be okay. Right now they are under the trailer at the back of the property. That should help them.

rubysmama rubysmama Can you imagine how many of those rechargeable lights I have and what it would look like if all were on at once!?!? :flail:
My friend wanted to be here but I would not allow it. No one can get to us at this point. All highways are closed to incoming traffic and bridges are also closed. I do know of an Emergency Response team member nearby. I have walkie talkies at hand so, hopefully some way to communicate if needed. The CB is something I did use once to find an open path out of a flood when I was on the Islands with my daughter. I think radios are a great thing to have around.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I love the frogs hiding place! Lol I have chimes to so maybe the little frogs can go there although that would be like being on a carnival ride! Wheeeeee! I have tarps out for the frogs as well as other places of refuge.
The storm may not be nearly as bad as it was. Very grateful. Certainly not as bad as when it hit the Bahamas. The place I spent time there was totally covered in water. The entire island! The storm moved a little west of where it was. The big thing I am looking at is the wind . Did you see the line of traffic going towards the middle of the state? Solid cars. Been in something like that. I was very lucky that the people in the car next to us were kind. They gave me extra water for my daughter. Lots of heros show up at times like this. I’m glad your friends who were in Katrina survived along with the kitties.

I saw a fantastic notice today! Attitudes towards animals are improving so much! Although the human hospitals are closed, three animal hospitals are remaining open! :yess: I will be taking baskets of goodies to them after the storm is over. I want to thank them.

Ah! They are broadcasting now.....leave, this is a powerful and large storm. Make sure to take your pets with you!!!!
I love that they always mention pets these days. I think the storm is going to hit more towards South Carolina. We never really know.

The shelter is still sending animals out for safety. The one nearest me is closed. They aren’t as near the ocean or river so hoping they will be okay. I am holding a room open in case shelter cats need a place. Last year I did get a call. They try to send them further away but I am in a little better spot than they are. At this point I don’t think they will be moving any more. Too many roads have been closed. They just announced that one interstate is now empty of traffic. I guess most people are safely away. That’s excellent news! Curfew is in effect so it’s super quiet now. This is a very peaceful period. The calm before the storm? Very dark out. No rain right now.
C2AD5F5A-2969-4551-945E-937DC3789D6F.jpeg

Time for a kitty report and then some smiles! Hide and go seek!
BB9FA732-B3C1-4712-84AD-1AF6E5D977AD.jpeg

But not for everyone. Lol
27D83098-7F66-42E9-B594-B409BFCF2072.jpeg

Some have found a spot they like.
9371F9E0-EDDF-4457-A4DC-35430ED1D9BE.jpeg

Some are checking to make sure loved ones are okay.
B716D282-64EF-42C5-A6F1-D104876F9B02.jpeg

Comforting each other.
9903FCD5-34ED-4B77-85C6-2425805C061A.jpeg

Elder female, Smokey is supervising.
B89E6904-3729-4DE6-BBF0-C20FC630D84B.jpeg

The younger ones are checking on the older ones. Some are still trying to chose a carrier.
D7FFFD81-5ABF-4D53-9AFB-9B4D8C50C88A.jpeg

Muffin has found her flotation device! Lol
She going to be captain of the kitty pool boat.
0DADB979-35C6-4334-B9FC-5B95014CDC5B.jpeg

Whistle is the one who always keeps watch on the weather channel. He wants to become a meteorologist one day!
48117725-FC9C-4A54-AEEC-9F6C3805D62C.jpeg

The weather outside is being monitored.
53315DCD-EA2C-4875-A82A-63415564F804.jpeg

And a guard has been posted!
CFFC82F9-EA56-48D5-AE79-4E5F5F7C5557.jpeg

Some are willing to share carriers to snuggle.
3F2D772E-E25B-406B-98CE-F33DD62D5B16.jpeg

Move over... coming in!
6200FE63-62E5-49BE-A333-3CFE4377426B.jpeg

Little faces are peeking out all over!
B83D4044-89CF-4C97-8C43-A711A25CF613.jpeg

Some prefer to be on top of things.
7493EE7C-9145-4D1D-A7A5-43D6CCA72F1E.jpeg

But also...
2E685A07-F915-4B11-A791-73601E814317.jpeg

Checking out what’s going on below.
3DF29F0E-8F79-46F2-B13A-E3069F472605.jpeg

Trust Banjo to know all and see all!
3FD645D2-702A-4009-AA97-784779F9038B.jpeg

Wait a minute. Where’s Bonjure?
Awwww. Are you scared Bonnie? Want Mom to hold you?
F3E45C90-2517-4C5F-B3F9-909357424367.jpeg

Poor guy! You think you’re still a baby. Always hanging over my shoulder like you need to be burped! Lol
851A7418-7526-4BC5-AC59-98BE7550C489.jpeg

Calm down buddy!
9344BE61-2041-4498-B97B-EF0D8E6730B3.jpeg

Going up?
92682391-F25D-459D-847B-784383C6CBCD.jpeg

And over!
B5920D42-B025-409B-A019-206F73E4F2F5.jpeg

Bonjure, you have a flotation device. You’ll be fine.
942597E5-9ED7-4979-B2F0-328AAD2630A7.jpeg

I will?!!!!
3A14B919-002E-498F-86AA-AFC9B15C7B4E.jpeg

Yes. Of course ,you may float bottoms up!
B250D6C3-C5FF-4467-B20C-83B5EA535559.jpeg

Bonjure has a lot of junk in his trunk but I think that stuff floats quite well! :flail:

My “biggest” baby. :purr:
If he would hang on to the edge of the kitty pool the way he does on my shoulder and spin his tail like a propeller, he could paddle us all wherever we need to go. I’ll put Captain Muffin at the helm. :lol: Just imagine..... a kitty pool filled with cats crossing the sea. Muffin in the front, Bonjure paddling at the back. Wouldn’t that make a story and a sight to see?
No worries here! We’ll be just fine. :cloud9:

Have a great night everyone. Dream of kitties and sailing ships. :heartshape::salute::fish:

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderful of you to open your home and heart to cats in need if necessary. *Praying it is not, of course* The public has MADE the officials very aware of the fact that for the majority of us, our beloved companion animals are FAMILY and we will no longer allow them to be forgotten or overlooked. They know that many of us will not leave them.
It looks like Bonjure has the right idea to seek the highest vantage point and the greatest level of loving comfort!
*PRAYERS* and heartfelt thoughts of safety ongoing, for you all, and all in the Zone. *Dorian, pass by.*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They say we are going to see effects next 24 to 36 hours. I ‘be already heard small branches snap. I collected them for firewood! Lol I really hate losing power. Going to get one more hot shower, just in case. ;) Hot coffee and hot meal too. Then we just wait and see. The storm category is less than it was.:banana1: Down Dorian! Good boy!
I put food out in various high places that are covered. My greenhouse is 11 1/2 feet high with shelving to the top. Lots of animals could shelter there as long as the cover holds. The structure is steel and wood. If it doesn’t pop like a balloon, it will be a safe place for many with lots of different levels to keep creatures separate and hidden from each other. Not sure what else I can do now.
My signal has been in and out but I’ll catch it as I can. Late night is usually better.

Thank you to everyone here for all of your support. Always! See you later!:heartshape::sunshine:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They say we are going to see effects next 24 to 36 hours. I ‘be already heard small branches snap. I collected them for firewood! Lol I really hate losing power. Going to get one more hot shower, just in case. ;) Hot coffee and hot meal too. Then we just wait and see. The storm category is less than it was.:banana1: Down Dorian! Good boy!
I put food out in various high places that are covered. My greenhouse is 11 1/2 feet high with shelving to the top. Lots of animals could shelter there as long as the cover holds. The structure is steel and wood. If it doesn’t pop like a balloon, it will be a safe place for many with lots of different levels to keep creatures separate and hidden from each other. Not sure what else I can do now.
My signal has been in and out but I’ll catch it as I can. Late night is usually better.

Thank you to everyone here for all of your support. Always! See you later!:heartshape::sunshine:
Hunker down and stay SAFE, Chez Catbirders, froggie prince, buzzards, armadillos, raccoons, possums (possii?) and all! We love you! *and if you don't have hot water for awhile, you can always use a strigil, right?* :crackup::vibes::vibes::vibes::hangin::goodluck::heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heh! If the power goes, so does the water. I’ll be saving all for drinking. Lol Wind is gusting pretty good. No one is allowed on the roads now. I am hearing of trees down where I lived before I moved here. A few closer too. It’s coming. Power going in some places but sporadic. Maybe by this time tomorrow it will be over. I guess I won’t make my doctor appointment tomorrow. Lol

Muffin is taking no chances. She’s in the middle of the survival gear.
1BB8AFF2-A60D-4B8F-BD9D-88545C4E1806.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heh! If the power goes, so does the water. I’ll be saving all for drinking. Lol Wind is gusting pretty good. No one is allowed on the roads now. I am hearing of trees down where I lived before I moved here. A few closer too. It’s coming. Power going in some places but sporadic. Maybe by this time tomorrow it will be over. I guess I won’t make my doctor appointment tomorrow. Lol

Muffin is taking no chances. She’s in the middle of the survival gear.
View attachment 298779
Muffin is one brilliant little beauty! *And yeah, I guess that's going to have to wait?*

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am on a limited income but have managed to rescue and rehome 32 cats. I ask everyone I meet if they know anyone who will give a fur ever home. The vet, the post man, the grocer, my doctor, nurse, tax preparer and contact every rescue group in this state and those nearby. I still have more to go but getting there.

These cats were being shot, burned, tortured and abuse. I gained their trust, started feeding them and one by one brought them in to calm them for adoption and vet care. It is a long and pricey process but some shelters offer discount vet services, spay/neuter and immunization. Go online. Network!

Many pet food and pet supply companies will send you coupons if you contact them. I called. DON'T give up. If you are a cat guardian you're a kitty hero! Try to get them homes. I am still trying to get some Savannah cats, a Blue Smoke, Calico, Marbled Tabby, Gold tabbies, Grey tabbies etc. adopted. I won't give up either. 32 have been saved I am amazed but it tells me the possibility to get all adopted is there. Don't give up! Kitty Kudos to you! Look around you. Someone you cross paths with is looking for a nice kitty. Maybe someone on this site!!!

Do not listen to negative comments. You are doing the right thing. If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. I rarely have time to post but wanted to reply to all of you. Keep your chin up.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the encouragement. Like you and so many others, there are days I am so overwhelmed and completely disgusted with some people. Today was one of those days. Thanks for the good news and encouragement.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tnrmakessense tnrmakessense I just got a signal due to the storm. I was just going to check in and quickly post while I have power but found your post. I don’t know what happened and I wish I had found your message earlier! Bad timing to lose signal! I hope you are okay!:alright: We do go through so much. Doing this kind of work pushes us to our limits sometimes,( or maybe a bit beyond?) Do try to hang on. You can always vent here if it helps. You’ll find lots :clap2::heartshape:of support from a lot of people who care. People can be overwhelming, disgusting, frustrating, etc. etc. etc. I will say though, if you sift through the pile of humans, you do find good ones. It’s a search that is worth the effort. I found a whole pile of good ones right here! :banana1:
Right everyone!?!?!?!
Round of encouragement and applause for tnrmakessense tnrmakessense :grouphug2::clap2::clap2::clap2::heartshape:
:bouquet:
I hope you come back to tell us about anything you face. Maybe we can help in some way. I can assure you that we will be sending you :vibes::redheartpump:and :sunshine:
I am going to send this out before I lose signal again but will try to come right back. I try to put up posts to help us get through. The kitties make that possible for me. I’ll ask them to see if they can get some love and a smile sent out on the winds of the storm to wherever you are. :wave2:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To all our dear friends! Thank you for sending care and love. Even a hurricane couldn’t stop it! Lol We STILL wait for the main part of the storm! This storm moves at a snails pace! Power and signals have been going out. We are all okay though. I am tired but going to grab a bit of sleep before the “predicted” worst part comes. :rolleyes3:
I hear the alligators are moving up. I have not seen any and hope I don’t. I hope I’m not a magnet for them too! :help: Later gator!
So far, most of the critters here are staying in the shelters provided. Smart critters. Froggie is the exception! Froggie! I opened the door a tiny bit to listen to the wind and .....Froggie joined us inside. Apparently he wanted out of the storm and he was hungry. After he had a bite of kitty food, I told him he had to go back out. I gave him a ride.
AEE02E6B-780A-4097-9C8D-959CADF9A949.jpeg

After a nice shower....
C4AFAAE6-ECF5-4238-952A-5316D2E02364.jpeg

He got on his usual spot but then jumped back on me! :D I noticed the rain is kind of cold so I put him in the frog shelter.
8496B858-1796-4A7F-BF0F-1A3B8408397A.jpeg

He seemed content to have a more comfortable bed but he really wanted to be with Banjo. You can’t sleep with Banjo! Her Dad would not approve! Stay Froggie!
432E3E11-9C87-4D21-AB52-1F7920E2D94A.jpeg

I did get the feeling he would jump back in the door if he got a chance. :p

Who let the frogs out? Who, who, who who.... Who let the frogs out?
975D5153-7396-4C9D-B1BF-A67FBEBC8B86.jpeg

That should be a song Mom.
870338BB-73C4-47D1-8012-23CF274F2639.jpeg

Mom! Why are you outside? Come back!
052013E4-4872-41F5-BDCA-3D0EABA0CD45.jpeg

She shut the door tight Lady.
8C23E338-9A72-49A5-8F37-B7248F3DC854.jpeg

It’s wet out there BJ. I’m not going out there to get her.
E9B3A436-FE70-469A-B7F6-89A726AC23E6.jpeg

I wonder if I can reach the door knob to let her in?
02366282-26C9-4E88-9032-E3D9A8B79620.jpeg

Nothing else to climb on...
31F17024-8780-46B3-BD39-687733E81800.jpeg

Unh!
9D112B40-E381-4E0B-98C1-024302834540.jpeg

Must......turn..... knob!
53EE9C99-40E4-44A8-8ABD-C3FED0EF2DA9.jpeg

Somebody come help me!
2F49C9CA-06BD-4BBA-A1AC-F79A19725292.jpeg

Mitsy!!! Come help!
438C8CEC-9293-43EA-A1C4-A3EBBBEBA2F6.jpeg

What do you expect me to do?
9093F853-B117-4B1B-B6E8-3AA28084D435.jpeg

Wanna give me a boost!
Nooo. You’re too heavy BJ.
A51E01B3-1543-43ED-9FA9-908B41CF486D.jpeg

Only one thing left to do then.
Open sez me!
25F143E4-B304-476E-A729-56E08DFE3E85.jpeg

Mommmmmmmy! Pweeze come back in. I need you more than Froggie does...
F44BB53E-5058-4C20-9EE6-37EBAFE5EB76.jpeg

Worked like a charm!
1951302D-E3C0-46C8-8907-FEEA96E0237F.jpeg

:flail:Froggie isn’t the only one who can work a little magic.

Bj sends love and purrs to tnrmakessense tnrmakessense
I don’t know how much of this thread you have read but it contains the road I bumped along as I found kitties and a path through rescuing. Many others have contributed their stories and experiences and together, we have all learned a lot. The cats have rewarded us with love and some fairytale endings. I hope you will join us. :bouquet:
To those still in the path of Dorian, stay safe. :hugs:
Have a great night/morning everyone!
:heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hear the alligators are moving up. I have not seen any and hope I don’t. I hope I’m not a magnet for them too! :help: Later gator!
Alligators! Yikes! :eek2: Maybe put this in your window.
upload_2019-9-5_7-45-30.jpeg

So far, most of the critters here are staying in the shelters provided. Smart critters. Froggie is the exception! Froggie! I opened the door a tiny bit to listen to the wind and .....Froggie joined us inside.
He's awfully cute. :)

To those still in the path of Dorian, stay safe. :hugs:
Ditto. :hugs:

BTW, when things are back to normal, could you, or anyone else with multiple cat experience, maybe take a look at this thread: Multiple Cat Owner He is looking for advice on introducing a 6 month old kitten to 9 rescued adult cats.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So very glad you are here. I know you have been through these things too.
We're way too high to worry about flooding (or alligators) The only thing we need to watch out for in our typhoons is trees coming down. It can be very loud in the middle of the forest when a storm goes through. We've had to chainsaw our way out of the house a couple of times.

:D

Your little frog is so sweet. Now, don't you risk going outside. Once the wind gets up there will be all kinds of debris flying around. Just hunker down with the kitties and stay safe.

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

Status
Not open for further replies.