My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I do know the parentage if most of the colony cats. Smokey and Mackie are a mystery. I knew a brother to Smokey but he had FeLv and passed as a kitten.
Purry and Dolly had siblings as well that passed. I did get to know their mothers briefly as ferals before they passed. I do not know the lineage of Lady, Mama or the original 5 tabby cats. That being Uncle Mitty, Mittwo, Mitsy, Blue and Beauty. They were all dumped together. Still we could do quite a family tree on most. It all started with the five tabby cats, Jazzy, Thrasher and Goldie. Well... maybe a few others. :lol:
Once we get the adoptee's yearbook done, we'll work on the family tree. :evergreen:

rubysmama rubysmama I May have another frog song for the music thread. Lol It’s really kind of funny considering the relationship going on here. The folks on the music thread may find it...... different? :flail:Everyone who enjoys the Banjo and Froggie story may find it funny though. I guess frogs get around!
It was cute. Wasn't thrilled with how it ended though. :(

Hello everyone! Just popping in a minute. It’s very dark here, thunder and rain. The city south of me is evacuating which means all supplies will vanish soon from here. Going for a few extras if I can get past traffic. I haven’t checked it yet. Be back with kitty smiles in a little while!
Take care. Stay safe and dry.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird You'll undoubtedly want to read, and perhaps keep, this article hot off the presses:

Feral cats poop where someone feeds them––& that’s the big problem
Totally keep this. I always maintain that science and law often lag behind practitioners and the reality of a situation. Common sense isn’t always common either. Manipulation of the system can go very wrong.
I guess you noticed one picture looks a lot like this....

Only thing missing is the shower. Lol Maybe she just wanted a nice warm bath.
9A694A60-A375-4CF8-961D-F51CAD6C8494.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cities on the southeast and northeast coast near me are evacuating. On my shopping trip I met a man staying here as Emergency Response. I told him I am staying with the kitties so someone will know we are here. Very nice guy and a timely meeting.
The store shelves were pretty empty but I found what I went for. I also found what that man needed. Perhaps he will remember me and the kitties.
Due to my previous profession and years of living areas hit by storms, my basic survival equipment is available. This does not show food supplies or important papers like kitty records but I thought I’d show some things that I have used before. Some stuff is well worn and some are things more recently added or that had to be replaced after much use but here it is if anyone is interested.
F3DF0908-94B9-47F1-BB2B-643A78C960B1.jpeg

Everything from reflecting mirror, duct tape, Swiss Army knife, batteries, matches, fire starting tools, sharpening stone, can opener, rope, emergency blankets, rain suit, etc. to weather radio and walkie talkies. It all fits into a backpack that will allow me to attach other things to it. I will keep this all handy. I am bringing all cat survival stuff close to me as well. Getting tired but try to be back.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:kitty:
So many people to Thank here. The Governor of our state has now called for evacuations but many have no way to leave or no place to go. All the thoughts and prayers touch me deeply. If the kitties are okay, I’ll be okay. All else is just stuff. I have been in flood waters and fire. I have seen two tornados up close and personal. The only thing that ever really matters in the end are the lives. May all people, kitties and creatures be safe and the storm go out to sea. Thank you to each of you here for everything! :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump: From each of us!:redheartpump:Froggie too.

@maggiedemi laughter is the best medicine.

How about a big smile for all?

Oh! Precious is coming to snuggle!
AF8B4DBB-C290-4994-A0B0-C2BF75E56924.jpeg

Precious no! Tail in face!
349CD529-386C-4B8C-91A2-E8659AE1E878.jpeg

Unh! I don’t feel too good.
4D851631-F3A9-4CDF-860B-ADFE4538F2D6.jpeg

That wasn’t the snuggle I expected.
1E40782F-957C-4C9A-BCD6-B89B601AD681.jpeg

Aiiiieeee!
CE128F8B-FAAE-4684-8776-6703DDAD83DA.jpeg

Blah!
3E5BEBC0-60E3-48EB-94CF-F721EDE48FCC.jpeg

Maybe I can rub the smell off.
09C99170-E64C-4624-914C-6CB34A81360F.jpeg

I may faint Mom.
01F25DCC-3060-46FE-86AE-2E91F35BCB66.jpeg

I am not being overly dramatic Mom!
12051E0C-83FE-46CA-8589-BEFDED98FBF7.jpeg

Well....maybe just a little.
EC486ABE-D31D-43BA-939C-263A22E0C990.jpeg

:flail: Oh Banjo! You always make me laugh! She took a deep breath and recovered. I hope everyone else laughed too!
Once again, Smiles courtesy of Banjo.

Rest well everyone!:heartshape:May all your dreams be filled with laughter.:bicolorcat:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Worried about everyone in the zone...make sure add some tarps to your supplies and a tent if you have one handy...of course you don't want to tent in the weather but was thinking about afterwards if your home gets damaged, you could have some kind of temporary structure...and tarps help collect fresh drinking water when in a pinch as well. Worried about everyone! Jon's brother lives right in the strike zone and he's not leaving either. He's a stubborn ol guy that has a kitty now and he's hunkered down.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Wish I could get the kitties out. Got water and tent. Tarps too. I’ ve been stranded before because no one will allow the cats. I will not leave them. Right now, if it hits, I do expect damage here. Mostly worried about keeping kitties safe. I hope Jons brother and kitty stay safe too. I don’t know if he is in a worse area but he can head to here if needed.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Thanks. Wish I could get the kitties out. Got water and tent. Tarps too. I’ be been stranded before because no one will allow the cats. I will not leave them. Right now, if it hits, I do expect damage here. Mostly worried about keeping kitties safe. I hope your brother and kitty stay safe too. I don’t know if he is in a worse area but he can head to here if needed.
He's in west palm beach and he's not leaving. We tried to get him to come stay with us this week but nope he says he's been through this before and I think he doesnt want to leave because of looters...men!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
00LitCandle.jpeg

For us BOTH! We will NOT be hit as badly as you, though. I have all I need to keep Hek and me safe for 2-3 weeks, with care. If you can, text me when you are safe. I'll contact someone here to post it, even if I don't have internet. I DO have a hand-crank emergency radio with a USB port, so I can keep my phone charged!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checking in. Bad time for bad ribs. Lol I got all the carriers and all but my largest cage inside and assembled. I still have to add the trays, litter boxes and a few other details but had to rest. I am more tired than I have been in awhile.

I wanted to post a tip for anyone who may run into a similar situation right now. I had called in my one medicine Friday after storm announcements and found out when I called today to get it, that, although employees were there, told, “ we are closed! Call back after the storm.”Ack! I have low thyroid and take replacement supplements. I will run out ,so energy level could drop to nothing. I explained to the employee what I needed and why. I have gone there for 20 years and they all know me well. I was told,” sorry, nothing I can do. Evacuations start at 12.” This was at 10. No way. I thought about it and called back. The pharmacist I know answered..”.sorry, I’m walking out the door. Call back after the storm. “Ha! It could be two weeks or never if it hits. I asked if she could transfer my prescription to an open pharmacy. I was told , she already spoke to all in the area and all were closed. I knew that was not true and said so. I told her of at least one I knew was open as a friend had just been there. My appeals fell on deaf ears. Next I called my doctor. Closed and no one available. The message was “if you have an emergency go to the ER or call 911.” I picked up the phone and called Walmart. Not only were they open, they told me if I had the bottle, they would fill it as an emergency prescrption. They did! Yay, Walmart! I could have survived without my medicine but I am thinking about others right now. What about those needing heart meds, insulin , seizure medication, etc. . I hope they think to do what I did. The Walmart is much closer to the coast, yet they stayed to provide for those in need until the last moment. Bravo! I must say I was surprised and impressed.
Something else kind of nice..... my vet is available if there is an emergency. They sent out texts to their patients.

For those caught short right now, keep calling. Someone, somewhere will help.

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just checking in. Bad time for bad ribs. Lol I got all the carriers and all but my largest cage inside and assembled. I still have to add the trays, litter boxes and a few other details but had to rest. I am more tired than I have been in awhile.

I wanted to post a tip for anyone who may run into a similar situation right now. I had called in my one medicine Friday after storm announcements and found out when I called today to get it, that, although employees were there, told, “ we are closed! Call back after the storm.”Ack! I have low thyroid and take replacement supplements. I will run out ,so energy level could drop to nothing. I explained to the employee what I needed and why. I have gone there for 20 years and they all know me well. I was told,” sorry, nothing I can do. Evacuations start at 12.” This was at 10. No way. I thought about it and called back. The pharmacist I know answered..”.sorry, I’m walking out the door. Call back after the storm. “Ha! It could be two weeks or never if it hits. I asked if she could transfer my prescription to an open pharmacy. I was told , she already spoke to all in the area and all were closed. I knew that was not true and said so. I told her of at least one I knew was open as a friend had just been there. My appeals fell on deaf ears. Next I called my doctor. Closed and no one available. The message was “if you have an emergency go to the ER or call 911.” I picked up the phone and called Walmart. Not only were they open, they told me if I had the bottle, they would fill it as an emergency prescrption. They did! Yay, Walmart! I could have survived without my medicine but I am thinking about others right now. What about those needing heart meds, insulin , seizure medication, etc. . I hope they think to do what I did. The Walmart is much closer to the coast, yet they stayed to provide for those in need until the last moment. Bravo! I must say I was surprised and impressed.
Something else kind of nice..... my vet is available if there is an emergency. They sent out texts to their patients.

For those caught short right now, keep calling. Someone, somewhere will help.
I am so glad that you were able to get your meds!! And glad that you posted this - this is good knowledge to have in case of emergency. If you're going to be taking care of the kitties in dangerous conditions, you're going to need your energy and those thyroid meds. Might be good to go ahead and fill your regular script after the storm and keep a bottle as backup. Walmart...it's a real love/hate relationship. Today it's love.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never liked Wally World and never set foot in one, but I now have a reason to like them a lot, Jcatbird Jcatbird . *Any port in a storm*, yes?:yess:
A Floridian friend on twitter tweeted that Dorian is turning North. IDK more than that, or where they are, but *PRAYERS* for it to pass on by and miss you all.
And glad the article is of interest/possible help. I like stats just in case the opposition starts trotting their out. And the folks at Animals 24/7 are stat freaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.