My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He won't let me get too close. Maybe they will heal on there own, but he is a mess. You can see one in this picture.View attachment 280740
I see the wound. It looks terrible. What is the usual route you would go for the kitties? This is another awful story for a cat neglected.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see the wound. It looks terrible. What is the usual route you would go for the kitties? This is another awful story for a cat neglected.
Yes, if that cat is healthy and could be tamed, he is so pretty he would get adopted. I'm just out of options to get help for him right now. If he stays here, he will probably get poisoned. But maybe after I get some of my other kitties safe, we will be able to get to him too. crossing my fingers.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After Surya’s post I almost feel like my news should wait. I’d like to see help come from somewhere for that besutiful kitty. It’s so frustrating to see a kitty needing help but not getting it.

Every person and every shelter or rescue group has it’s limits. People continue to dump, fail to Spay or neuter and kitties suffer. It’s very sad to see.

Another post from Surya just came through!
Yes, if that cat is healthy and could be tamed, he is so pretty he would get adopted. I'm just out of options to get help for him right now. If he stays here, he will probably get poisoned. But maybe after I get some of my other kitties safe, we will be able to get to him too. crossing my fingers.
I know you work with a rescue but has anyone else helped? I know it’s difficult to make a kitty wait for help. I had to stagger the rescues when I started in order to do it properly. That was probably the most difficult thing that I had to do. I feared for them each day just as you do for this one. I’m so sorry. I had to make sure when I brought in the last ones to account for any unforeseen expenses or any possible returns. I knew that I might be caring for a number for awhile and I also didn’t want any left without needed care. Not to mention that I have to get medical, dental, vision, home maintenance, car maintenance, and things like trips to go see my family. My last trip I stayed in a hotel ( a fried drive me though), the one before that I took a shuttle and the one before that I flew. Flying is something I love doing and maybe it was a bit of a luxury but we do have to have a life too. I don’t splurge a lot but I do love flying! All of this has to be considered when you take on doing the rescues. It sounds like we need to try and find you some more help somehow! I know you accomplish so much! It’s amazing! I know that you managed to find homes for some more and to get carriers so the next two can travel to their new homes. I know a kitten you rescued got adopted after you waited a long time. I understand how hard that was. You’re a great feral and rescue person. I can’t take on any more kitties right now but I can try to find help.
My first attempt will be right here. We can’t ask for money but maybe ideas! Who knows, maybe a vet in your area is known by someone on the site and would help. I’ll be messaging you with a request for some information. I send you all the good wishes, hope, prayers, love and vibes possible that you can find all the assistance you need. :vibes::redheartpump:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama I like the light green too but we might need to change something. It’s really late but I’ll post to you tomorrow about it.

I hate to sign off without any happy news here. Maybe just a hint? My birthday brought some good news. I got some really pretty cards and some happy information. Here are three of the cards.
E48687D9-3EAB-4B09-B5B5-FB0FCEE46BE8.jpeg
A37849BC-21AA-4354-937C-B65EE84AA5F3.jpeg
4BCFE920-0AFA-4ACC-8B37-6EF54F7EB5B0.jpeg

It has to do with a good future for the kitties here. :yess: And an invitation.

The kitties got a little tired of playing on the kitty pools. Hmmmph! I thought about rubysmama rubysmama having the idea for a pool/coffee table sooooo...... I flipped one pool upside down , partially over the other!
That stirred curiosity!
E4B80B73-7D95-4CB4-B1EC-B411E3FE60A0.jpeg

And some kitty discussions!
3A432696-15AD-4B55-844F-70E42A50F559.jpeg

What is Mom doing?
E7D10D55-48F4-4E79-9839-32F1E700D18B.jpeg

It’s worth investigating!
39C05C19-DEE9-4F79-B57D-1B4DE0BAD922.jpeg

Okay. I’m in!
52D37D07-A855-45FB-8ADB-4E729E80F02E.jpeg

I think I like it!
02AB5C42-E970-4952-85A1-8A7228AECAD5.jpeg

Wow! It’s all blue in here! It’s like being in a pool! I don’t know ! Is this like being under water?
3F291238-2D50-40F2-822F-3FF5FD05873E.jpeg

Well. The cats are still undecided but they’ve been back in the pools again! :lol:
I may just put them up for a little while and then bring them back out again. Banjo looks a little concerned. Lol I don’t want her to think it’s overcast and going to be raining in here! Of course, just as I am writing this, Thrasher is playing with the top pool and Flowers is inside. :flail: The kitties always keep me guessing.... and laughing.
Hopefully Surya will have better news for us tomorrow and I’ll share our latest here.
Have a great night everyone! :heartshape:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This kitty has come over from the complex next door to join my colony. No money to TNR and relocate any more kitties. He has a bunch of bite wounds. grrr.
Oh, that poor kitty. All fixed up and healthy, he would be a beauty for sure. Crossing fingers and sending vibes that help is found for him.

:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

rubysmama rubysmama I like the light green too but we might need to change something. It’s really late but I’ll post to you tomorrow about it.
It's no problem tweaking it again.

It has to do with a good future for the kitties here. :yess: And an invitation.
I'm VERY curious, and excited, about your news. :)

The kitties got a little tired of playing on the kitty pools. Hmmmph! I thought about rubysmama rubysmama having the idea for a pool/coffee table sooooo...... I flipped one pool upside down , partially over the other!
That stirred curiosity!
LOL. The ever versatile kitty pool. :lol:

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird & surya surya - I've been reading and following your stories for months. I wanted to just tell you both that I am in awe of what you are doing for these kitties! You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
and mine as well, and extra prayers for that white kitty and (my apologies for being so s-l-o-w :popworm: ) ...a belated :bday: :dazzler: , and your cards are beautiful - thank you for sharing them :heartshape:
Thank you, keep on sending those prayers! Jcatbird just needs to get her sanctuary set up and then I can send her a bunch of kitties.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For everyone rescuing, fostering and caring, social media is one of the best ways to achieve a broad reach and get adoptable cats seen. It's also one of the best ways to increase your own exposure and possibly gain interest and help. So use those social media accounts!!! You can set up separate ones just for advocacy if you want to keep them separate from your personal/family accounts, too. I have five pages on facebook and two groups that I use to share to for advocacy. As most adoptions are done through initial viewing of the cats online, this is a very effective tool.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird & surya surya - I've been reading and following your stories for months. I wanted to just tell you both that I am in awe of what you are doing for these kitties! You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
and mine as well, and extra prayers for that white kitty and (my apologies for being so s-l-o-w :popworm: ) ...a belated :bday: :dazzler: , and your cards are beautiful - thank you for sharing them :heartshape:
KrisinOhio KrisinOhio Thank you so much. The kitties thank you too. The thoughts and prayers do help! They are much appreciated. Things like that are inspiring to me. Knowing that others support all the efforts of the people on this site that try to help kitties provides a lift! :heartshape:

Furballsmom You just made my Birthday last longer. Extra days! Yay! Thank you for the Happy Borthday. Now I have an excuse to eat more cake. :lol:

We may be offline some today of tonight. Once again ,tornado storms are headed across this part of the country!
For those of you who remember my friend who just survived a flood and tornado, her father’s home was hit last night. It wasn’t destroyed and he and his cat were unharmed. I am very grateful for that. I am sending out thoughts, prayers, good wishes, hopes and good vibes to all those across the country who are recovering from storms, in storms or facing them. May all living creatures be unharmed.:vibes::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KrisinOhio KrisinOhio Thank you so much. The kitties thank you too. The thoughts and prayers do help! They are much appreciated. Things like that are inspiring to me. Knowing that others support all the efforts of the people on this site that try to help kitties provides a lift! :heartshape:

Furballsmom You just made my Birthday last longer. Extra days! Yay! Thank you for the Happy Borthday. Now I have an excuse to eat more cake. :lol:

We may be offline some today of tonight. Once again ,tornado storms are headed across this part of the country!
For those of you who remember my friend who just survived a flood and tornado, her father’s home was hit last night. It wasn’t destroyed and he and his cat were unharmed. I am very grateful for that. I am sending out thoughts, prayers, good wishes, hopes and good vibes to all those across the country who are recovering from storms, in storms or facing them. May all living creatures be unharmed.:vibes::redheartpump:
*Just adding my heartfelt *PRAYERS* to yours, and very glad your friend's dad and his beloved feline family are okay.*:vibes:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The storm passed through. Yay! We were without power. When we don’t have power, we don’t have water either because of the well pump. It was one of those days when you really can’t do much of anything. I don’t know what happened but there were a lot of fire department vehicles going past here on the highway. Hopefully no one was hurt.
I was saving my phone charge until the power came back on. It’s vack! Yay! The kitties were all upset at the power outage. They are calming back down finally. As soon as the power came on we had some cuddles due. After everyone came out of hiding! Poor kitties. They still remember what storms were like outside.

Hmmmm. I see Banjo.
A317C6B5-C430-442D-BFB4-0775A7631D5F.jpeg

Somebody is under the pool!
C6594326-D5AA-46C4-8BF8-857C6C661645.jpeg

Awwwww. Mitsy looks scared.
DA360D7E-09D3-4574-8CD4-7281D166F099.jpeg

Poor baby.
E7FF73AF-26E6-434E-953C-C7DCA3E5D4C2.jpeg

The kitties were not happy!
C2370F40-6E61-437D-9F58-34649733BE0A.jpeg

They all had this look!
52708246-276A-44FF-A8C3-2DF4A2161D7B.jpeg

Or this one!
E68023B6-B120-4423-897A-EBA8DBBEC043.jpeg

With the lights back on they began coming out for a little comforting.
D2FA94AF-D59F-4BFF-A7BC-78C3AAE6C621.jpeg

They were all still nervous though.
A8D39B58-7771-4F7D-8F5D-DD62EDE5D85C.jpeg

Banjo still wasn’t calm.
9B526A2C-9A38-4B33-859F-C11D9F33DE4D.jpeg

She was still guarding her hiding place.
C63318F3-72B4-4F4A-9967-76C997AAB4ED.jpeg

She finally stuck her head back up!
FBC8B51B-F15F-45F5-8A21-343C1A55A91F.jpeg

Eventually they all came out.
37533B06-23DC-418F-8218-C067ECE277A8.jpeg

Cautiously.
80448730-F30C-4681-A5FA-64E7874B5B5D.jpeg

Reassurance and hugs were handed out. BJ was especially glad to get his.:catrub::redheartpump:
49A6C638-F22A-41BB-A259-7B2E6358E0CA.jpeg

I’m glad it all passed. I haven’t been outside yet but I know it’s probably kind of messy out there. With all the rain we’ve had lately I imagine the water’s up pretty high. I’ll be cleaning up for days but it could have been much worse.

Just to touch on our good news a bit, it looks like we are getting help from an old friend as well as a family member. My friend just happens to have all the formal rescue status! My family has helped me with the trust for the cats so I can continue with that. One family member is also a cat lover and is interested in helping to pursue trying to form a sanctuary if we can work out all the details. All this news came around my birthday so I have to say this was the best birthday ever! LET ME BE CLEAR in the sanctuary part though. This is just in the EARLY stages of fact finding and exploration. We do not intend to start taking in lots of cats. There could be a few coming later but I already have enough that need care now to keep me busy. Lol It all depends on getting established and getting other people to help with the physical part of the caregiving. My friend intends to try and help me with some adoptions though so I’m hoping the numbers will change. The sanctuary would be for a limited number of kitties and would include any that I have here that don’t get adopted. We may be fostering some but the details will come later. We will be working with some other cat lovers, including a couple you all may know. We’ve gotten commitments from a couple. Again, details remain to be figured out. We am hopeful that this can be accomplished with the people who are now helping. Fingers and paws are all crossed. We’re going to have to be very patient though as all of this will take time. It is pretty complicated to get everything done. Let’s all hope that this materializes. It would be kind of a dream come true for several of us here. It’s something that is greatly needed in this part of the country. Don’t send any cats now! :lol: Please! This will take months to accomplish if we can do it. Even then I don’t know what the limitations will be. I am just really hoping that we can get something started that will continue long after I have retired from kitty rescues. There is a new generation of rescuers coming up right behind me. I know some now and see new ones showing up on thecatsite daily! We’ll be looking towards them later if this actually happens. They are our hope for the future. Maybe, just maybe, the group who is trying to get this going, can provide something for others to work with. I think I can speak for the others in asking for lots of good vibes and thoughts on this. We’re going to need them and everyone here on thecatsite. Our inspiration comes from all of you and the kitties you represent. We’ll be posting as we go here on the site. We all want to give back for the loving support we have recieved here and the love the kitties have, so freely given to us all. HOPE ! :catlove:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Any tips would be appreciated! I also appreciate the advice on networking. That is the key. I do want to ask you about how you manage to weed through things to find the right person to adopt a less social kitty or special needs kitty.
Have a great night everyone! We can all dream! :heartshape: Thank you to everyone here! You are all a big part of this dream.

Attachments

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird : I know things are hopefully eventually going to change at Chez jcatbird, and your banner requirements will change, but until that time, here's something I think will work for your signature. You'll see I also added a quote from your very first post in this thread.

To add the signature, just highlight, copy and paste all the below into your signature space. You'll find the signature option by holding your mouse over your username up on the top right hand corner. Signature is the 3rd option down, under your avatar pic.

The cats pictured above are my current Feral and Rescued cats. To learn more about them - Click Here
If you are a cat guardian you're a kitty hero!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.