My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did get some good news! A nearby county that I have been working with is discussing the start of a test program! They have issued a statement to that effect. An area set up to let TNR and ferals live under supervision and undistirbed. Previously all cats were caught and ferals all PTS. Non ferals had a slim chance of adoption but the PTS rate was extremely high. Sick cats were PTS. Now they will be treated and given a chance at life. This is monumental. It is not a promise yet but at least they are willing to consider a major change in policy. A lot of people have been working to get this accomplished. It will be the first program of it’s kind in that area. I’ve spent many days and nights communicating with others as this was discussed and worked for. Bravo to all the wonderful people who got this started. We are still sharing ideas and information as this is considered. Trying to work out any problems before they put the program into place. I am so hoping that the people in charge will be willing to get the program started and keep it going. I’ll be offering any support I can provide to them. There needs to be a place for these cats to go to live as free, safe and happy kitties. It would take a strain off of the shelters and adoption centers and allow the cats to live. Free the ferals and open up spaces to adopt lost pets. Maybe things would clear enough that socialization could be considered later but stop euthanizaton of healthy animals now. :vibes:Hope at last!

Now for some catitude!
The cats had the funny idea that there would be another birthday part this morning. With icing!

Where’s the cake?
E8792AB7-4107-4106-A69A-19A995A3A7BB.jpeg

Are we going to play and eat all day again today? Chicken?
EC6F8974-6B47-446C-84AA-D5FFF4048DBB.jpeg

I am in the kitchen to help Mom serve the chicken!
3993F8BA-34C5-4B3D-802D-22DE8FF5A437.jpeg

I’m first in line to be served but I don’t see cake or chicken!
51DC201E-9A71-4E3F-A568-0A3D166CD45D.jpeg

Who says! ( rubysmama rubysmama notice the cat note on the microwave, top left! Lol)
736F9F28-804A-4171-86FF-128F73F9C905.jpeg

We’ll see who Mom gives the first chicken to!
7D99DC51-A392-4EA5-91C2-5353700F3420.jpeg

Lady.......help me get the first plate. Okay?
432CB473-3CDA-4E48-B3AE-466F3A018429.jpeg

I’ll give you kisses!
BBE581C4-E22A-43A1-9829-DBCA01BB9E39.jpeg

Hey! Guys! This is cat food!
3CB9C13E-28FA-472A-BDFC-14C5E9BACD26.jpeg

Rats!
77BBEDD8-FDA4-4A4A-873D-7AC3DF08D4F6.jpeg

I let you bathe me last night but I don’t get to show off my fluff at another party?
F85990FF-9B71-4250-9220-96AEAA3AC578.jpeg

I’m hungry. My plate is empty!
3887D35C-CA5E-4E83-81D7-BEA9EAD7D9F6.jpeg

Oh pleeeease let us get more chicken and yogurt.
3C10B19D-52B7-40DB-8362-85A7B74964E7.jpeg

I just heard a cat food can open! You guys can get served first. I’ll wait.
6EA8AE26-3EAF-415D-8A8B-4E278E36E20E.jpeg

I’m going back to my box.
93784248-8262-49A7-BDDB-633272CAE144.jpeg

Maybe if I pout and act pitiful Mom will change her mind.
E5D2E1D8-3DBE-48E0-865D-2F5011117C51.jpeg

Oh my! They did tug at my heart strings! :p Such sad looks! They know exactly how to get to me. After their regular breakfast, I gave them all a little taste of chicken.

I ended up being forgiven and having happy kitties.
1C76CEDA-6D41-4FAE-9EEC-A2736DE2A853.jpeg

We’re all still tired after a long day of partying yesterday.
281F409F-8C8B-41AE-98EE-C0F4A59D95D8.jpeg

Once the chicken satisfied everyone they all settled in for a good day of napping!
B5168DE0-B646-4E46-9F61-482AA8F9EC71.jpeg

Today we all recovered from the excitement of yesterday! :lol: I don’t think we could handle a party every day! Supper required a few treats but I think the kitties understand that we are back to our routine again. Parties are wonderful but everyday simple things are great too! We just enjoyed being together today. Family time is fantastic. Every kitty is asleep now and I am headed the same place! Have a great night everyone and we’ll see you tomorrow!:) :heartshape:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's my pretty Lady, it always brightens my day to see a pic of her.
That's great news about the ferals. We just have to change people's minds. When I was a kid my dad used to think that ferals were dirty and disgusting. Now he sleeps with one every night and calls her "My Beauty". :D

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You put the carrier up on a high surface, like a table or counter, with the opening at the edge. Then pick up the cat and point him/her at the opening. Because there is nowhere else for them to go, they go into the carrier to turn around.
I just do it the easy way. I tell my cats "Hurry, get in your cage." And they go right in. I should make a video of that some day. I bet nobody believes me. :thumbsup:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You do realize that all this is Greek to me! :lol: I just learned how to paste! I’m gonna come back and look at it again though. I’ll go over it again in the morning when I’m fresh.
I was afraid that too much info might be overwhelming. Hopefully it'll be a little less confusing in the morning when you're fresh. Do ask questions. And if anyone reading has any creative ideas for Jcatbird Jcatbird 's signature, post your thoughts.

Now they will be treated and given a chance at life. This is monumental. It is not a promise yet but at least they are willing to consider a major change in policy.
Wonderful news. Fingers crossed it happens. :crossfingers:

When I was a kid my dad used to think that ferals were dirty and disgusting. Now he sleeps with one every night and calls her "My Beauty". :D
Awww.... :catlove:

I just do it the easy way. I tell my cats "Hurry, get in your cage." And they go right in. I should make a video of that some day. I bet nobody believes me. :thumbsup:
I think pigs will fly before I'll see a day that would work with Ruby. :catman:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news Jcatbird. Will the area be fenced in like a sanctuary?
I don’t know the details yet. It’s still in a planning stage and I’m just hoping they will carry through on it. We’re dealing with a whole new attitude and people who have thought all loose cats were a bad problem. It’s been a very touchy and stressful subject for all involved. Different people have different beliefs. Getting them to understand the value of all lives is the key. I expect getting this all together will be difficult. There will be lots of details that need to be in place to make it work. If it fails, it will be cancelled so it’s crucial that all possible problems are covered before they arise.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird : I think this could work. And I *think* all you have to do to make it your signature, is highlight and copy the pictures and text into your signature screen. How To Edit Your Forum Signature?

View attachment 280665
The cats pictured above are my current Feral and Rescued cats. To learn more about them - Click Here
That looks so nice! I’ll be back after I get all the work done around here. I figured you would laugh at my lack of knowing Greek. I did! :flail: I’ve come a long way, just need to keep going. Everyday is a learning experience! Thank you!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird That is potentially stupendous news! And huge props to everyone involved. I've shared these a lot, but in case you haven't visited, suggest you check out www.bestfriends.org/resources where they have a LOT of information on ferals, TNR, advocating for ferals etc. Here is a PURRtinent link besides the main one: Pet Care Information Also, not sure exactly what your location is but since is is "southern US" I'm wondering if you're anywhere near Atlanta because if you are, there are some amazing people working TNR over there:
TrapKing Humane Cat Solutions | TNR

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to stop everything to post that I think I’ll have more good news tonight! A little different than the last nes but still very good. I’m waiting for confirmation.
Jcatbird Jcatbird That is potentially stupendous news! And huge props to everyone involved. I've shared these a lot, but in case you haven't visited, suggest you check out www.bestfriends.org/resources where they have a LOT of information on ferals, TNR, advocating for ferals etc. Here is a PURRtinent link besides the main one: Pet Care Information Also, not sure exactly what your location is but since is is "southern US" I'm wondering if you're anywhere near Atlanta because if you are, there are some amazing people working TNR over there:
TrapKing Humane Cat Solutions | TNR
Thank you! I have been in touch with the Atlanta group. I am also familiar with Trap King but will investigate them further. I know they just did a promotional visit to Charleston. It sounded interesting. They apparently played cat Bingo? I’m sure it was a nice event to benefit cats.
I’ll be back later. Lots to get done in preparation.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
YES! Wonderful news that they are even seriously considering managed colonies of TNR'd cats! I SO WISH I could convince my town to do that!

I also like the celery green.

Poor kitties. Nobody likes it when the party ends, and the special treats are put away! Not fun at all. However, don't let those sad looks get to you! You're a good mama, and know that "Cat does not live by treats alone, but by the Friskies in the dish, and the water in the bowl."

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to stop everything to post that I think I’ll have more good news tonight! A little different than the last nes but still very good. I’m waiting for confirmation.

Thank you! I have been in touch with the Atlanta group. I am also familiar with Trap King but will investigate them further. I know they just did a promotional visit to Charleston. It sounded interesting. They apparently played cat Bingo? I’m sure it was a nice event to benefit cats.
I’ll be back later. Lots to get done in preparation.
Excellent. They are wonderful! Winging Cat Rescue there in GA has been working with them on TNR recently. *No, I didn't know about Cat Bingo but those are two of my absolute favorite words.* BestFriends is also in the process of having its own presence in Atlanta. For now, though, there are over 200 groups nationwide affiliated with them.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He won't let me get too close. Maybe they will heal on there own, but he is a mess. You can see one in this picture.View attachment 280740
*PRAYERS* that you will be able to gain his trust enough for you to clean his wounds with some peroxide at least. He's a very handsome guy, a "diamond eyes" cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.