My Feral And Rescued Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , I hope you and the kitties are doing something fun to celebrate your birthday! Best wishes for a happy, healthy year ahead.

rubysmama rubysmama , that is one impressive chart! Wow! As a librarian, I also appreciate that it is alphabetized!! Great job!
Jcatbird Jcatbird : HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :party2::banana1::bday::celebrate::beerchug::party::jive:

rubysmama rubysmama : Thank You for the chart!!
@Avery Thank you for the birthday wishes and a healthy year. And@catsknowme I Thank you too!

To everyone who wished me a good day, I am very grateful. You all made my day even happier. The kitties thank you all as well because I kept smiling all day. They like it when Mom goes around grinning. :) Me too! Our love goes out to you all!:vibes::redheartpump:

Here is how our day went.

I’m a bit late posting but the end will explain why. Lol

An old friend provided me with a special cake today. The cake part was just for me but the icing was specially made so a cat wouldn’t eat a bunch of sugar. The icing is cream cheese and yogurt. Now that’s a good friend. She knows my kitties well enough to know they would want to share Mom’s celebration. ;)Very good call.

Mackie knows it’s a cake for me but he really wants some.
831F2C0E-6681-4358-BBB0-E5997D03B38B.jpeg

It smells nice!
98F12E5C-4BDD-4F2C-AFB7-764E22DE0C14.jpeg

A little icing on the paw is a good way to get a sample. Whistle is taking notice!
C370AC23-1626-4C4F-B115-8AC351CC4968.jpeg

Whistle agrees! It smells great!
DE13F4C1-7202-4C39-8B82-1A89E0BFDAD3.jpeg

He follows Mackie’s example!
68765F5C-C8F0-4B9D-8481-9E1F66C5CB80.jpeg

Ummmm!
E9A92EF2-9159-4307-8272-275035792139.jpeg

Kodiak prefers to have some offered.
5032DF6C-B677-4FFA-B49A-85B7F61BB50E.jpeg

What is that good stuff?
D3B2C6A8-8939-44AF-BA50-282773F80AAF.jpeg

She has beautiful manners. BJ watches her.
C743ACF9-5623-4163-B0D7-2AA03FA212CA.jpeg

BJ kind of likes eating with utensils too!
4EB40CB9-A74A-4523-9E6C-89DCDDDF71B2.jpeg

Bonjure hasn’t gotten any yet.
D4EB4E51-94E6-4D73-9145-C1858D839732.jpeg

Maybe it’s self serve?
291EE1A9-FF21-47AE-9665-337114181985.jpeg

How do you open this thing?
F1A0590A-11B2-4CF4-BEF8-2492EFC16AF4.jpeg

Banjo eats like a lady.
E8201EA2-1879-4AE0-8B14-B775DDD67144.jpeg

She wants to use the fork on her own. She’s so independent!
04305C9B-3E7C-43E7-A228-97C30EDA4AD1.jpeg

And wishes me Happy Birthday!
87EF0B0F-85A1-4C13-B95E-E76E0F639CE2.jpeg

BJ comes in for a second little taste. He claimed he needs to gain a little weight.
933E230B-0AA0-4BE6-A0F8-E971ECD470AD.jpeg

Flowers came to share with him.
173C5689-8CD1-4FF4-8DE0-39646EBCFECA.jpeg

Thrasher wanted to see what everyone was making such a fuss about.
01871436-339F-4E6F-83D9-9800422C5A88.jpeg

She decided to poke it first to see what it was.
978F090D-E43D-4108-8547-1A7A47D1AC80.jpeg

Then she tasted it.
7D7CC74E-DB89-463D-8677-98CC572C938B.jpeg

Lady went straight to tasting!
F0CEDE56-33B8-4C32-A481-0AAC722EAC98.jpeg

Dolly went for a man sized bite!
1D3D5AA6-EC51-4067-95E3-A689CA58AF82.jpeg

By the end of all the cats getting a taste and celebrating the day, all the kitties were exhausted from the party.

Mom? I think I partied too hard.
648FBA47-4FB1-4BCD-BAF1-CC348B7842CF.jpeg

Is this what hoomans call a hangover?
CA861611-D21D-4682-9C34-F9AB350B0D2A.jpeg

Between the cream cheese/yogurt icing and the birthday chicken, all the kitties spent the day excited, playing and eating. Maybe there was a little too much excitement. Smokey had a slight problem. Muffin got kind of wound up and chased Smokey. ( This is what caused my post to run so late)
269A1DF4-8D28-4020-8461-3EB977DE435D.jpeg

Muffin chased Smokey, I chased Muffin and it all ended with Muffin turning an entire litter box over on top of Smokey! The look on Smokey’s face was one of horror! Ewwww! Litter! It was an awful mess but the look on her face nearly dropped me with laughter!
My fluffy lady was terribly upset at being covered in clumping litter. Yuuuuck Mom! Helwp Me!
EB78A49D-A60E-4AFD-A1F0-D9D73599E013.jpeg

I did helwp her! Lol For once, she was grateful to get a bath. Clean, de littered, brushed, fed and dry, she , and all the other kitties were content.

I’m clean again! I feewl so much better!
B8C21A81-5447-4885-A202-27F69917CFDE.jpeg

It was a very Good birthday for me and the kitties. I didn’t finish painting the garage floor but that can wait. Smokey needed helwp. :flail: Banjo has digested her food and no longer has a kitty hangover. Everyone had fun and has clean litter boxes ( litter inside the box) and now we are all in cuddle mode.
I have a sweet scented fluff girl laying on top of me purring and all is well at Chez jcatbird.
17C70CA9-8F53-419E-8A7F-8B8FCF617F27.jpeg

Good friends here on the site, a lovely( and cat friendly) cake from another friend and the kitties surrounding me, what more could anyone ever want for their birthday? It was purrfection. Thank you everyone! I hope you all had as nice a day as we did and I hope you smiled and I hope we shared our love with you, as you did with us. :catrub:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Love it, love it, love it! That is a wonderful display to see on my birthday!
Good timing, eh. :celebrate:

I think I need you to come here so I can go see my Dad. If you and Ruby ever feel adventurous, I’ve got the perfect trip for you! :lol:
If you lived closer, I would be there in a heartbeat, as I would love to organize all your little notes and papers into a lovely computer printed binder of cat facts. :compsurfing: And I'd also get to meet all those beautiful cats, and their mom. :petcat: It would be the purrfect vacation for me. :) Now about Ruby ... :winkcat:

One small correction is that Ally and Tortie names should be switched.
Jcatbird Jcatbird : do you mean the picture I show for Ally is actually Tortie, and vice versa. Or the description for Ally should be for Tortie, and vice versa.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good timing, eh. :celebrate:

If you lived closer, I would be there in a heartbeat, as I would love to organize all your little notes and papers into a lovely computer printed binder of cat facts. :compsurfing: And I'd also get to meet all those beautiful cats, and their mom. :petcat: It would be the purrfect vacation for me. :) Now about Ruby ... :winkcat:

Jcatbird Jcatbird : do you mean the picture I show for Ally is actually Tortie, and vice versa. Or the description for Ally should be for Tortie, and vice versa.
The picture for Ally is Tortie and the picture for Tortie is Ally. Lol

I could use your methodical talents. Maybe Ruby will get an urge to travel one day. We’ll just have to wait for her to speak up on that. :lol:

I thought you might get a smile out of this. These are the current records.
5A2BDE61-F4ED-4780-AC72-0C8C60222F45.jpeg

Each time I sent a kitty for adoption I did a notebook for them of their own.
5087094D-B6B4-4E89-911D-D703A10C9C44.jpeg

That also includes their likes and dislikes as well as food routine and any other relevant details. I tried to make sure the new family knew as much about them as possible. I hoped it would make the transition easier for everyone. ;):hellocomputer:
It was perfect timing on that. It made a great start to my birthday! It will be a great asset to have here for everyone.

M maggiedemi It was all very nice! The cream cheese and yogurt icing was a little different but it was very good. I have to refrigerate the rest of the cake though. The icing was soft and tasty.
I only let the kitties have a little taste but they really enjoyed being included. They would have tried to get the cake anyway so that made it much easier for me to give them some without worrying about them eating something that , maybe, wouldn’t be so great for them. It was a thoughtful idea.

kittyluv387 kittyluv387 Thank you so much! Too bad I can’t pass everyone a piece of cake. That would have been even more fun! :p

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The picture for Ally is Tortie and the picture for Tortie is Ally. Lol
All updated. I was able to edit yesterday's post, so I didn't need to make a version 3. Here's the direct link to the post, btw: The Rescue Cats Currently Living At Chez jcatbird

I could use your methodical talents. Maybe Ruby will get an urge to travel one day. We’ll just have to wait for her to speak up on that. :lol:
If trying to get her in her carrier to go to the vet is any indication, I think she's a homebody. :lol:

I thought you might get a smile out of this. These are the current records.
Looks like you've got things under control. Anyone who adopts your kitties, will be more than thrilled to get all that info, I'm sure.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All updated. I was able to edit yesterday's post, so I didn't need to make a version 3. Here's the direct link to the post, btw: The Rescue Cats Currently Living At Chez jcatbird

If trying to get her in her carrier to go to the vet is any indication, I think she's a homebody. :lol:

Looks like you've got things under control. Anyone who adopts your kitties, will be more than thrilled to get all that info, I'm sure.
Again, Thank you! Keeping everything written down is an ongoing thing. Having the photos to correspond makes it so much more efficient. I like having all the cat things in order.

I’m keeping the ad running. Maybe I’ll get some responses on older kitties. In the meantime it’s helping kitten get adopted from two shelters. If a spot ever opens up at the place I took Prime then maybe I can get them to try an older kitty. I am discussing other options for them.

I have heard that some news is coming to me about the next county. I’ve been working with others to bring some changes there. :crossfingers: Maybe I’ll have some good news to share soon.

For now, we’ll just keep up what we’ve been doing. The kitties are settled and I’m still trying to socialize Ally and get others a little less shy. Things are so easy compared to what they were a year ago. :cloud9:

Miss Ruby doesn’t want to see the vet? I can’t blame her. Poor Ruby. Do you have a top loading carrier? I find those make life much easier for the homebody cats. Good luck getting her in the carrier. We’ll be thinking about you both! Come on Ruby! :vibes::caticon: Let us know what happens! :crossfingers:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird GOOD on you for working on that Trust. If there is one single thing I could strongly encourage everyone so fortunate as to be able to, to do, that is it. It isn't cheap, but it means you have peace of mind that you are legalizing your wishes for your loved ones when that becomes necessary (because let's face it -- no one is here forever and my goodness, who'd want to be? Think about it, folks!)
It looks as if the PURRthday PAWty was greatly enjoyed by all and what a lovely cake! If it tasted anywhere near as beautiful as it looked, everyone must be quite blissful. Thank you for wishing you could share -- for my part, I'm very happy if you enjoy it knowing we're all thinking of you!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Again, Thank you! Keeping everything written down is an ongoing thing. Having the photos to correspond makes it so much more efficient. I like having all the cat things in order.
You're very welcome. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know your kitties better, but I think I'd still have trouble remembering all their names, or putting a name to a face. But I have the cheat sheet now to reference, if/when I need to. ;)

I’m keeping the ad running. Maybe I’ll get some responses on older kitties.
As much as I know they are loved and cared for by you, it would be great if you could find homes for some of them, to lessen your worries and expenses. So crossing my fingers for you.:crossfingers:

I have heard that some news is coming to me about the next county. I’ve been working with others to bring some changes there. :crossfingers: Maybe I’ll have some good news to share soon.
More crossed fingers. :crossfingers:

Things are so easy compared to what they were a year ago. :cloud9:
Oh, for sure. Good job getting them all inside and safe, and the kittens adopted out. :bouquet:

Miss Ruby doesn’t want to see the vet? I can’t blame her. Poor Ruby. Do you have a top loading carrier? I find those make life much easier for the homebody cats. Good luck getting her in the carrier. We’ll be thinking about you both! Come on Ruby! :vibes::caticon: Let us know what happens! :crossfingers:
Luckily for Ruby, no vet appointment in her near future, but from past experiences, nope she doesn't enjoy going to the vet. :sigh: I don't have a top loading carrier yet. Must look into that for next time.

BTW, that birthday cake was cool. Glad everyone got to have a taste. :yummy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The birthday kittens are precious. Thank you! Will they be coming with you to stencil Paw prints? :lol::bluepaw: They can sing while we paint!
Darlin, you need more kittens like you need...well...more kittens!

NICE JOB! OH...I flagged that post, asking if there was ANY WAY to pin it to the beginning of the thread! Don't know what will come of it, but we'll see!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
NICE JOB!
Thanks. It was so much fun, and gave me the chance to learn more about all the cats. :catrub:

OH...I flagged that post, asking if there was ANY WAY to pin it to the beginning of the thread! Don't know what will come of it, but we'll see!
Another option, if Jcatbird Jcatbird wanted to, would be for her to add a signature to her profile, and put the link there, then it would show up in all her posts in all the forums on the site. It would also be "advertising" for this entire thread. :catman:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. It was so much fun, and gave me the chance to learn more about all the cats. :catrub:

Another option, if Jcatbird Jcatbird wanted to, would be for her to add a signature to her profile, and put the link there, then it would show up in all her posts in all the forums on the site. It would also be "advertising" for this entire thread. :catman:
Such a great idea, rubysmama rubysmama ! The artists here at TCS are so talented at making siggies, too!
And have you tried "loading" Ruby hindfirst into your upturned carrier? That's how a lot of "experts" do it and it seems to work pretty well. *Not that you'll need to do that for a long time, I'm sure we all hope!*

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of questions! What exactly is putting a signature and how does that affect things since I know so little about web stuff. :)
It would be great to get a few more adopted. I just have to figure out who is most adoptable. It really shocked me that Liberty and Tortie were not socialized enough. Kodiak being returned was sad for her. She seemed pretty depressed when I got her. Maybe I just need to work with them some more.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I didn’t really mean for you to bring kittens to me! I was kidding. Please don’t :lol: As much as I enjoy watching them, it would just mean finding more homes. They were very pretty little ones. They looked Abyssinian

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A signature is a line (or lines) of text/symbols/icons, and/or a banner, that automatically displays at the end of a member's post.

In my case, my signature is:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
:lovecat2: The day I adopted Ruby, my house became a home :lovecat2:

In tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 's case, her signature is:
*A Life For the Cats* (with no apology to Glinka) :geekcat:

Here's a link that explains signatures:
How To Edit Your Forum Signature?

And if you wanted to do a banner, here's a thread to request one:
Make Signature Banner Requests Here

You just provide the pictures, and the wording, you'd like in your banner in the thread, and someone will create a banner for you.

The banner, however, would not include a link, so you'd still have to add that. It would be like the extra line above tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 's banner. (*A Life For the Cats* (with no apology to Glinka) :geekcat:)

You could put your line with the link either above or below your banner. Or you could just have text displaying the link without a banner. Whichever you prefer.

To include the link to the pictures, here's the coding to use:
[URL = "My Feral And Rescued Cats"]My Feral And Rescued Cats[/URL]

Note: The first part, with the URL, is the link. I put spaces before and after the "=" so that you could see the coding, otherwise it would just post the link, and you wouldn't be able to see both parts. When you are ready to post the link, you would have to delete the spaces before and after the "=" sign.

The second part that repeats "My Feral And Rescued Cats" is the wording that would display for the link, so you could maybe change it to something like "Click Here To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats".

Like this: Click Here To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats
If that's what you wanted it to read, then it's all set to go.

Or you could do it in italics: Click Here To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats

Or you could bold it:
Click Here To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats

Or in colour:
https://thecatsite.com/threads/my-feral-and-rescued-cats.365435/page-127#post-4895155Click Here To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats

Or maybe something like:
*** To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats, Click Here ***

When you have the format you like, you just copy and paste it into your signature.

Hope that makes some sense. If it's confusing, let me know.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And have you tried "loading" Ruby hindfirst into your upturned carrier? That's how a lot of "experts" do it and it seems to work pretty well. *Not that you'll need to do that for a long time, I'm sure we all hope!*
Actually, my vet suggested a method that seems to work well. You put the carrier up on a high surface, like a table or counter, with the opening at the edge. Then pick up the cat and point him/her at the opening. Because there is nowhere else for them to go, they go into the carrier to turn around. While in the carrier, you close the door. I've done it a few time now, and it really works.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A signature is a line (or lines) of text/symbols/icons, and/or a banner, that automatically displays at the end of a member's post.

In my case, my signature is:
:lovecat2: The day I adopted Ruby, my house became a home :lovecat2:

In tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 's case, her signature is:
*A Life For the Cats* (with no apology to Glinka) :geekcat:

Here's a link that explains signatures:
How To Edit Your Forum Signature?

And if you wanted to do a banner, here's a thread to request one:
Make Signature Banner Requests Here

You just provide the pictures, and the wording, you'd like in your banner in the thread, and someone will create a banner for you.

The banner, however, would not include a link, so you'd still have to add that. It would be like the extra line above tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 's banner. (*A Life For the Cats* (with no apology to Glinka) :geekcat:)

You could put your line with the link either above or below your banner. Or you could just have text displaying the link without a banner. Whichever you prefer.

To include the link to the pictures, here's the coding to use:
[URL = "My Feral And Rescued Cats"]My Feral And Rescued Cats[/URL]

Note: The first part, with the URL, is the link. I put spaces before and after the "=" so that you could see the coding, otherwise it would just post the link, and you wouldn't be able to see both parts. When you are ready to post the link, you would have to delete the spaces before and after the "=" sign.

The second part that repeats "My Feral And Rescued Cats" is the wording that would display for the link, so you could maybe change it to something like "Click Here To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats".

Like this: Click Here To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats
If that's what you wanted it to read, then it's all set to go.

Or you could do it in italics: Click Here To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats

Or you could bold it:

Or in colour:

Or maybe something like:
*** To See Pictures Of My Current Feral And Rescued Cats, Click Here ***

When you have the format you like, you just copy and paste it into your signature.

Hope that makes some sense. If it's confusing, let me know.
That banner is pretty! You do realize that all this is Greek to me! :lol: I just learned how to paste! I’m gonna come back and look at it again though. I’ll go over it again in the morning when I’m fresh. I’ve got to pan for gold right now so time is limited and it will take time on my part. Lol I’m probably the least tech literate person here. I do well to post and get photos in here and Banjo has to help. I still can’t get a video on here but not for lack of trying. I do love my Avatar though. I’m so glad you helped me get that up! I admire the picture of Bright everyday. I’ve noticed your lines about adopting Ruby being the day your house became a home. That certainly speaks to how special she is. True love!
I’ll be back! Don’t give up on me! This is a learn as I go experience. ;) I did get some good news! I’ll post it when I come back. :yess:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick question for you FIV experts: When a healthy cat get's bitten by a cat with FIV, are they pretty much guaranteed of getting it, or does their immune system sometimes fight it off?
I’m no expert but I do know of cats bitten by an FIV cat who did not get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.