Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I hear ya on the products/company. I prefer and support when possible, indies, too, but I have transportation issues and do almost everything online, like a lot of other people -- so am hoping for that to happen with good products. Drs. Foster & Smith was my favorite cat supplies place and when they went online, it was GREAT for us. Now that they are no more, I use Petco, but would love to have more alternatives than Petco, Chewy and PetSmart. I'm sure a lot of other people would as well.

That would be so great if it works!!! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: :heartshape:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She wasn’t eating right today. But fortunately, I did start keeping score again. Maybe it’s not so bad once I weigh all the remainders. For now. I’m letting her finish the current baggie of raw. She usually gets about 15 g. But the remainder of this baggie will go to waste when I make the new batch tonight. So that’s her gain. An extra 7 g!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s at 5.5 oz already with two more dinners and an overnight. I guess I’m just worried because she’s losing weight and I feel powerless like more food isn’t going to help her out.

I will call the vet tomorrow morning. Rather. I call the office and ask for a callback. Sometime in the afternoon I will get that callback. Probably.

Alright. We both inhaled our dinners. Now it’s time for me to put on some Hick Hop and grind up her food.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pleased to report that the latest batch of rabbit won Iron Chef Krista's approval. She got an extra half ounce of raw rabbit tonight as I ran the first portion (4 grams) and last portion (10 grams) past her in between weighing and bagging the rest. 21 "ounces". I weigh them out to be approximately 30 grams. I'm used to her leaving some food on the plate or the floor so I account for that. Except this food, she won't leave anything behind. Anywhere!

I just hope this treats her better since I left out the suspected allergen (egg yolk.)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Double ended blowout! 💩🤮😿🤦🏼‍♂️

And a watery carpet bomb. I wish I could have used the bot but it was 1am. I did the best I could with a soapy sponge. I saturated it with the Clean n Fresh—something I can’t do with other cleaners.

Hopefully we’ll have fewer of these without egg in her diet.

The barf looked more watery than food. I just sprayed that with the Clean n Fresh and I’ll take care of that one tomorrow.

I gave her half a Proviable in a make up portion.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cleaned two of her litterboxes in under five minutes. Or rather. She got two clean boxes in less than five minutes. I have two different kinds of boxes I provide her and duplicates of each. I filled the cleans with fresh litter and some of the old and swap them in for the dirties. Now I can clean the dirties on my own clock. No sooner did I swap one of the cleans in, she went ahead and used it for a morning blowout. Pee pad was spared. Carpet was spared. I was already there swapping out the other so cleanup was a stinky breeze.

To be fair, I was expecting a last hurrah from her old raw food seeing as she got 50% more of it last night to finish the baggie.

The new raw was a hit this morning. I also had some loose meat bits leftover that thawed with the rest of them but didn’t go into the grinder. So I cut up the tiniest piece that I could put a half a capsule of yeast upon. And after she recovered from the sneezes the yeast gave her, she made it disappear. Medicine never tasted so good!

We even had a spirited play session after I took the old litter and recent poop out to the dumpster. It was the closest we’ve come to poop zooms in a long time. Usually she tuckers out fairly quickly. But this time she kept batting and batting at the furry whip mouse until finally I cut her off because I need to get ready for work.

I will delay the call to the vet until tomorrow morning. Let’s see if today’s raw is any better or worse on the back end.

Yesterday’s score: right around 9.3 oz for about 300 calories. I’m assuming her rabbit raw is coming in around 1.4 calories per gram based on 1.7 for the leg meat diluted by 5 or 6 oz of water. I have a spreadsheet to calculate calories of “slop” based on the component foods for when I was mixing two or more foods for her meals based on the ratio of each food. Easy enough to adapt for estimating raw food calories based on USDA data.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cleaned two of her litterboxes in under five minutes. Or rather. She got two clean boxes in less than five minutes. I have two different kinds of boxes I provide her and duplicates of each. I filled the cleans with fresh litter and some of the old and swap them in for the dirties. Now I can clean the dirties on my own clock. No sooner did I swap one of the cleans in, she went ahead and used it for a morning blowout. Pee pad was spared. Carpet was spared. I was already there swapping out the other so cleanup was a stinky breeze.

To be fair, I was expecting a last hurrah from her old raw food seeing as she got 50% more of it last night to finish the baggie.

The new raw was a hit this morning. I also had some loose meat bits leftover that thawed with the rest of them but didn’t go into the grinder. So I cut up the tiniest piece that I could put a half a capsule of yeast upon. And after she recovered from the sneezes the yeast gave her, she made it disappear. Medicine never tasted so good!

We even had a spirited play session after I took the old litter and recent poop out to the dumpster. It was the closest we’ve come to poop zooms in a long time. Usually she tuckers out fairly quickly. But this time she kept batting and batting at the furry whip mouse until finally I cut her off because I need to get ready for work.

I will delay the call to the vet until tomorrow morning. Let’s see if today’s raw is any better or worse on the back end.

Yesterday’s score: right around 9.3 oz for about 300 calories. I’m assuming her rabbit raw is coming in around 1.4 calories per gram based on 1.7 for the leg meat diluted by 5 or 6 oz of water. I have a spreadsheet to calculate calories of “slop” based on the component foods for when I was mixing two or more foods for her meals based on the ratio of each food. Easy enough to adapt for estimating raw food calories based on USDA data.
Wishing all the best for Krista! and success with the new batch of food.
My Baby Su awakened me the other night with scratching the carpet, and I know immediately what that means even if it isn't very apparent soon enough. Then Tarifa and Elvis were jumping around on the bed. So no rest for the wicked. This is very occasional, but I always hope and pray it will not happen at all, especially at 3:46 in the morning!:sigh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Came home for lunch to check on her, her feeders, if any blowouts needed to be cleaned and to have lunch with my cat. All good except the last one. Carl’s Jr. gave me the wrong sandwich. If I had that one, it would be me with the double ended blowouts. I haven’t had chicken in twenty years. Except that one time. 🤦🏼‍♂️🙊🐒

She looks good. I think the new batch of homemade is treating her well. She even gave the Cat Dancer a good beating. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Came home for lunch to check on her, her feeders, if any blowouts needed to be cleaned and to have lunch with my cat. All good except the last one. Carl’s Jr. gave me the wrong sandwich. If I had that one, it would be me with the double ended blowouts. I haven’t had chicken in twenty years. Except that one time. 🤦🏼‍♂️🙊🐒
Oh, gosh, that's too bad! So were you able to exchange it, or were you already home when you unwrapped it? That sux! I hope Krista enjoyed her lunch, though! :sigh: :kneading:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, gosh, that's too bad! So were you able to exchange it, or were you already home when you unwrapped it? That sux! I hope Krista enjoyed her lunch, though! :sigh: :kneading:
Lunch was back near work so I exchanged the sandwich on my way back to work. I ate at my desk. No cat to supervise me. 😔

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A guy in a fair elections something or other shirt knocked on my door. Isn’t the SOTU still in progress? I dunno. I’m washing cat plates.

Cat is such a dog. “Who’s at the door? Aren’t you going to open? Hey you out there! I’m a cat! I want to meet you.”
:dancingblackcat:
“Shut up, Krista! I’m pretty sure this is how The Purge starts.”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose it was too ambitious to return to solid poop so quickly. But hey, there were some solid bits in tonight’s pudding. And it didn’t smell so bad. I’ve been thinking all day, just noticing the difference in her attitude and activity, that I would feel both overjoyed and incredibly guilty if this all came down to an egg allergy. It’s been another week and I’ll talk to the vet tomorrow. I’ll ask her if we should give it another week or start chemo. Or maybe split the difference and see how she does the rest of the week and what next Monday’s weigh-in says. I could always start her on the chemo on Mon or Tues. A few days won’t make that big a difference.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A guy in a fair elections something or other shirt knocked on my door. Isn’t the SOTU still in progress? I dunno. I’m washing cat plates.

Cat is such a dog. “Who’s at the door? Aren’t you going to open? Hey you out there! I’m a cat! I want to meet you.”
:dancingblackcat:
“Shut up, Krista! I’m pretty sure this is how The Purge starts.”
#KristaForPresident
#Krista2020

:clapcat:
I would vote for her

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shoot! She just gave back her raw portion this morning. I wonder what that was about. I hope this doesn’t become a thing. She‘s in my lap purring away now. Her coat feels luxurious! There were some tiny, tiny bits of fat I didn't fully trim away when cutting up the meat—like small pieces of skin that I should have spent a little more time on. I suppose she may have gotten a piece or two of that. I’ll see if I can spot them next time and remove them before serving.

Still waiting to see if she’ll eat her canned this meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.