TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well shoot!

We had a great poop. ๐Ÿ‘

We had a little bit of the squirts. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Then we had a poop barf. ๐Ÿ˜ฟ

I'm just finishing up the Spot Bot now.

I'll get her a half portion and then I'll begin on the rabbits. She can have a sashimi portion when I'm done with the legs.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was only a matter of time.

After six rabbits, I finally butchered myself. ๐Ÿฃ I trimmed some rabbit leg meat from the bone and snipped a little pinkie skin. It wouldn't stop bleeding. I ultimately wrapped my finger in a rubber band until I cut off the blood supply. Then back to the rabbit legs I went. The sooner I finish, the quicker I can give Krista a proper meal and a nap.

My furry foreman supervised the whole time. I had to put some water in the bottom of a litterbox that I put on the counter to discourage her.
D01E0535-B98B-4F0C-8B77-6A2321FAFBA4.jpeg
Except she wasn't discouraged by a little water. So I put another smaller litterbox inside that one and let it bob around like a boat. That only worked for so long before she found her sea legs and walked across the boat. So I put a layer of water inside that one. I think she must have climbed over the coffee machine. I didn't think I needed to watch her. But there she was right underneath me, making sure I got her the very best muscle meat. Alright, Krista! Here's your third sashimi portion. Now let me finish!

In the end, I only got 600 grams of muscle meat. I left quite a bit on the bones though. I could probably reap a fair amount of cooked meat or meat stock. Except I'm not adding either variable in right now. Into the freezer with the stock bones. Into the freezer with two leg-less rabbits. The cuts I don't use--the loin, the rack, the belly flaps aka rabbit bacon--are the real pain in the butcher's butt to prepare. I told my beertender friends who will be taking these cuts that I'm giving them leg-less rabbits and they can learn how to prepare those cuts off YouTube just like I did. The best part of this exchange, besides getting to drink for free on the nights I drop a rabbit on them, is that they are turning around and giving the rabbit to their cats as treat meat and stock. ๐Ÿ˜ป Lots of happy cats!

Finally, 3 hours later, I got Krista a proper meal and even got her to eat the yeast. I have to give her a choice in the matter. She does like the stuff. But not when it's all mixed in. So I put out her afternoon portion in two lines (project management--easier for a toothless cat than one big pile), and a much smaller third line in the other direction with the yeast very clearly on top for her. She could avoid it or make it disappear easily enough. She made it disappear.

And we're done for the afternoon. I get a couple hours and a beer before the evening shift begins. And if the evening shift isn't too dramatic, I'll come back to the tap room for a rabbit drop and a bonus beer. ๐Ÿ‘

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was only a matter of time.

After six rabbits, I finally butchered myself. ๐Ÿฃ I trimmed some rabbit leg meat from the bone and snipped a little pinkie skin. It wouldn't stop bleeding. I ultimately wrapped my finger in a rubber band until I cut off the blood supply. Then back to the rabbit legs I went. The sooner I finish, the quicker I can give Krista a proper meal and a nap.

My furry foreman supervised the whole time. I had to put some water in the bottom of a litterbox that I put on the counter to discourage her. Except she wasn't discouraged by a little water. So I put another smaller litterbox inside that one and let it bob around like a boat. That only worked for so long before she found her sea legs and walked across the boat. So I put a layer of water inside that one. I think she must have climbed over the coffee machine. I didn't think I needed to watch her. But there she was right underneath me, making sure I got her the very best muscle meat. Alright, Krista! Here's your third sashimi portion. Now let me finish!

In the end, I only got 600 grams of muscle meat. I left quite a bit on the bones though. I could probably reap a fair amount of cooked meat or meat stock. Except I'm not adding either variable in right now. Into the freezer with the stock bones. Into the freezer with two leg-less rabbits. The cuts I don't use--the loin, the rack, the belly flaps aka rabbit bacon--are the real pain in the butcher's butt to prepare. I told my beertender friends who will be taking these cuts that I'm giving them leg-less rabbits and they can learn how to prepare those cuts off YouTube just like I did. The best part of this exchange, besides getting to drink for free on the nights I drop a rabbit on them, is that they are turning around and giving the rabbit to their cats as treat meat and stock. ๐Ÿ˜ป Lots of happy cats!

Finally, 3 hours later, I got Krista a proper meal and even got her to eat the yeast. I have to give her a choice in the matter. She does like the stuff. But not when it's all mixed in. So I put out her afternoon portion in two lines (project management--easier for a toothless cat than one big pile), and a much smaller third line in the other direction with the yeast very clearly on top for her. She could avoid it or make it disappear easily enough. She made it disappear.

And we're done for the afternoon. I get a couple hours and a beer before the evening shift begins. And if the evening shift isn't too dramatic, I'll come back to the tap room for a rabbit drop and a bonus beer. ๐Ÿ‘
Your description of the yeast sounds a little like coke for cats. Hmmm. And though I love rabbits and am pretty squeamish over these descriptions, I am glad that multiple cats are benefitting, including, of course, your furpig. :kneading:Sounds like a bit of a pirate, too, braving the high seas for what she wants.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your description of the yeast sounds a little like coke for cats. Hmmm. And though I love rabbits and am pretty squeamish over these descriptions, I am glad that multiple cats are benefitting, including, of course, your furpig. :kneading:Sounds like a bit of a pirate, too, braving the high seas for what she wants.
Pred lines.๐Ÿ˜ผ ๐Ÿ˜น

The rabbits don't look like rabbit when I get them. They're more like smelly chickens. And now that I only have to cut off the legs, it makes the butchering task a lot easier.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the pilling goes so smoothly, I spend the time it takes her to get through the raw portion, "No pill on the rug, no pill on me, no pill on the chair, no pill on the desk, no pill on her." "Mrrrow!" And repeat!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pred lines.๐Ÿ˜ผ ๐Ÿ˜น

The rabbits don't look like rabbit when I get them. They're more like smelly chickens. And now that I only have to cut off the legs, it makes the butchering task a lot easier.
Pred line. Only one this meal since the other half was her raw reward.

3BD7F15C-33EB-4292-AE76-BA5682B37882.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use this one. It's a Pet Food Express Exclusive. I can only buy it at PFE's. But anything else I've tried makes Krista barf.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2:30am: Smelly cat! What am I feeding you?

Pudding poop stank me awake.

Fortunately, it was a one and done with no collateral damage on the floors or the walls and no poop pukes.

Hmmph!

I keep trying to offer her more yeast but she's not having it.

Tonight I will make a new batch of her rabbit raw using my own supplements and skipping the egg yolk.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had another pudding poop, a one and done, and then a poop puke around 2 pm today. But at least there wasn't much in her stomach to give back and the pee pad caught most of the pudding. Clean-up was almost as quick as her stomach's reset. "Not this food. Plate me fresh!"

Pred was a wrestling match tonight. She finally broke free and leapt up to the desk to nose push at the cup over her raw reward.
"Fine! Maybe you'll be too excited to notice the pill I'm going to stick into it."

I still prefer to pill her when it goes smoothly. But at least we both got something we wanted tonight.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
By the way, I meant to mention, does the spotbot/do you rinse really well after cleaning? When I don't rinse the carpet to the point that I can rub my hand over the area and not smell anything on my hand, it's not rinsed well enough. Poppycat is sensitive to the residue of any brand, as I discovered one time a few years back.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way, I meant to mention, does the spotbot/do you rinse really well after cleaning? When I don't rinse the carpet to the point that I can rub my hand over the area and not smell anything on my hand, it's not rinsed well enough. Poppycat is sensitive to the residue, as I discovered one time a few years back.
There's a difference between her poop pukes and detergent pukes. When I use the PFE detergent, she doesn't have detergent pukes that put her off her food for a day. I can use it liberally. I can do a single wet sloppy deep clean cycle with the spot bot over multiple spots or spray it in the upright. If it's in a high traffic place or I had to do multiple spots, then I use a pee pad to blot up excess moisture. It's helpful that I don't have to be perfect with the PFE detergent because she's not perfect about her poops or poop pukes. But those don't put her off her food.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...I've GOT to look into this product!
I think you can only get it at Pet Food Express, a California brand that only offers in store pickup or local delivery. :( That's what it means to be a PFE Exclusive product. Like Kirkland brand and Costco? There are pee pads that are also PFE exclusive that are superior to any other choices I have tried. Fortunately, there are many PFE's here in the Bay Area including one across from the tap room I frequent. PFE's, even though they are a California-only brand, are big enough that Rawz won't sell them the pates. So there are two independent stores (because of Rawz fluctuating supply) that I go to for her input (food) and PFE for her output (detergent and pee pads). It would be way too easy if I could just go to one store.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you can only get it at Pet Food Express, a California brand that only offers in store pickup or local delivery. :( That's what it means to be a PFE Exclusive product. Like Kirkland brand and Costco? There are pee pads that are also PFE exclusive that are superior to any other choices I have tried. Fortunately, there are many PFE's here in the Bay Area including one across from the tap room I frequent. PFE's, even though they are a California-only brand, are big enough that Rawz won't sell them the pates. So there are two independent stores (because of Rawz fluctuating supply) that I go to for her input (food) and PFE for her output (detergent and pee pads). It would be way too easy if I could just go to one store.
*Wishing people would harangue them to offer these products online and also nationwide. If they're that good -- and you say they are -- they would probably be bought by a lot of people, making PFE a LOT of money, which is what most businesses' bottom line is.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Wishing people would harangue them to offer these products online and also nationwide. If they're that good -- and you say they are -- they would probably be bought by a lot of people, making PFE a LOT of money, which is what most businesses' bottom line is.*
It may be a matter of scale. They are probably PFE exclusives precisely because PFE, themselves still a small company, wants to give other small companies a shot. Perhaps with enough sales at PFE, they (PFE and their exclusive provider companies) may grow into a company that can handle a nationwide demand.

Take Rawz for example. It's clear to me that they aren't big enough to handle Petco and Petsmart scale of business. They barely keep their independents stocked. I'd rather run around to my independents to keep all the little guys in business than to never be able to find her food at all because Rawz just couldn't keep up with that demand.

And while I like online order, there's something comforting about being able to run to the store at the last minute instead of waiting for up to seven days on shipping (like some of these Rawz orders from other independents across the nation.)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's losing weight again.

I will call the doctor tomorrow and ask about leukeran (chemotherapy.) Hopefully I can get her that one mega-dose that should last her two weeks instead of having to give it every day or every other day. From what I've read, cats tolerate chemo very well. The study I read had a small sample size but impressive results. Something like 28 of 28 cats had a remission (symptoms cleared and they were able to maintain or gain weight) and the mean survival time after remission was about two years. Can you imagine how much weight we could put back on my fur pig if that lymphoma would just cool the eff down?!

Status
Not open for further replies.