Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Solid poop! 💩👍🍻🍾🕺🏼💃

One and done. No distress. Appropriate size and odor.

I will still return at lunch time to make sure there are no blowouts later.

Also, for what it’s worth, she gained a little since Monday. I would say it could be poop weight. But there wasn’t enough poop to account for it. Last week she was stable at 6.6 lbs. Monday she weighed a very scary 6 lbs even. This morning, wanting a fresh reading to talk with the vet, she’s at 6.2. I’m well aware that’s within the margin of error of the scale. The number can go 0.1 or 0.2 in either direction anytime one or both of us stand on it. This is why I’d like to hold off on the chemo right now and see if she can make up some weight when egg in her food isn’t causing double ended blowouts.

And she finished second breakfast. Clearly first breakfast was a fluke.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Solid poop! 💩👍🍻🍾🕺🏼💃

One and done. No distress. Appropriate size and odor.

I will still return at lunch time to make sure there are no blowouts later.

Also, for what it’s worth, she gained a little since Monday. I would say it could be poop weight. But there wasn’t enough poop to account for it. Last week she was stable at 6.6 lbs. Monday she weighed a very scary 6 lbs even. This morning, wanting a fresh reading to talk with the vet, she’s at 6.2. I’m well aware that’s within the margin of error of the scale. The number can go 0.1 or 0.2 in either direction anytime one or both of us stand on it. This is why I’d like to hold off on the chemo right now and see if she can make up some weight when egg in her food isn’t causing double ended blowouts.

And she finished second breakfast. Clearly first breakfast was a fluke.
Hoping the weight gain continues!!! and likewise, the digestive success.
And I voted for "someone else" in the primary ballot I got a couple of days ago, but if Krista will run, maybe I can convince "the other guy" to be her running mate. :think:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had another solid poop. Then we had a brown ketchup squirt that she buried so I don’t know where it fell on the milkshake, pudding, soft serve scale. Melted chocolate with litter sprinkles? 🙊😿

She tried for a third something. Both in the box and on the carpet. A scoot or two. A butt kiss the floor and kick back. I guess she’s done.

And no poop pukes!

Very good since our pred wrestling match was intense! She caught some of the skin on the top of my hand. But didn’t really break it. It was like snagging on the scruff of my hand. Her claw was stuck in my hand but it didn’t hurt and there wasn’t a river of blood like my pinkie this past weekend. Maybe my pinkie bled me dry. I had nothing left for tonight. 🧛‍♂️

All these cat fountains I’ve tried with her and when she is thirsty, she goes to the big mouth mason jar that I drink from. “Hasn’t killed him yet. Must be safe.” At least I know when she’s drinking.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was using selfie mode to see lurking Krista behind me. She walks up to camera and says, “ooh! I know that prettiest kittiest!”
View attachment 321290
Such a vain cat!

Cat sitter said she caught her gazing at herself in the mirror. 😻😹
*HeyyyyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY girl! If ya GOT it, FLAUNT IT!* :lolup: :yess::loveeyes::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we’re onto something with the change in food and the yeast. I omitted the yeast for a day and we went back to liquids. And I resumed it this afternoon and we’re nearly back to solids again. There was more solid than liquid. Too bad it blew out the back of the box on to two pee pads and a bit of the wall behind it. 🤦🏼‍♂️🙊

But no bonus bits and no poop pukes. 👍

Thankfully I found that I can get enough yeast into her by rolling it into the tiniest amount of her rabbit homemade. About a few grams. She’s never been so excited about a medicine “meal”.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we’re onto something with the change in food and the yeast. I omitted the yeast for a day and we went back to liquids. And I resumed it this afternoon and we’re nearly back to solids again. There was more solid than liquid. Too bad it blew out the back of the box on to two pee pads and a bit of the wall behind it. 🤦🏼‍♂️🙊

But no bonus bits and no poop pukes. 👍

Thankfully I found that I can get enough yeast into her by rolling it into the tiniest amount of her rabbit homemade. About a few grams. She’s never been so excited about a medicine “meal”.
Hoping and Praying that you're onto something successful there!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have nothing, if not regularity. At nearly 9am this morning, she had what I would still call pudding. But there were a couple of small solids in there. Like small brown baby carrots. Little poop pinkies.

Somewhere there is an eight fingered elections worker who picked the wrong house to purge.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooof! And then we had another extremely watery follow-up just a short time ago. At least it all remained in the box. But those are tough to clean. I lose a lot of litter as I have to scoop deep to prevent the seep.

She's been pestering me for food and then she had that and she's like, "on second thought..." I did give her a yeasty rabbit bite. She's got a few more hours on this plate before I change it out for fresh and put the fridge remainder into her afternoon feeders.

She's not eating the 10 oz a day that she was. I think either she's getting used to the pred, or maybe without the frequent blowouts and the egg distress, maybe she's actually holding onto her food long enough to feel satiated.

I sure wish she would gain weight though. I weighed her again this morning like I know I'm not supposed to. She's back down to six even. As I said on Wednesday, that 0.2 gain could very well be the margin of error.

Aside from feeling and looking very skinny, and the occasional stumbles, she doesn't seem to be in poor condition at all. She can still make the forbidden countertop jump in one go. She still has the leg strength. I think she's just a little wobbly from age and arthritis. You should see her play. She jumps and bats at her toys. It doesn't last very long. Age and arthritis. But it's refreshing to see that again.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooof! And then we had another extremely watery follow-up just a short time ago. At least it all remained in the box. But those are tough to clean. I lose a lot of litter as I have to scoop deep to prevent the seep.

She's been pestering me for food and then she had that and she's like, "on second thought..." I did give her a yeasty rabbit bite. She's got a few more hours on this plate before I change it out for fresh and put the fridge remainder into her afternoon feeders.

She's not eating the 10 oz a day that she was. I think either she's getting used to the pred, or maybe without the frequent blowouts and the egg distress, maybe she's actually holding onto her food long enough to feel satiated.

I sure wish she would gain weight though. I weighed her again this morning like I know I'm not supposed to. She's back down to six even. As I said on Wednesday, that 0.2 gain could very well be the margin of error.

Aside from feeling and looking very skinny, and the occasional stumbles, she doesn't seem to be in poor condition at all. She can still make the forbidden countertop jump in one go. She still has the leg strength. I think she's just a little wobbly from age and arthritis. You should see her play. She jumps and bats at her toys. It doesn't last very long. Age and arthritis. But it's refreshing to see that again.
Every positive, and every moment, is a win, right? :hearthrob: :yess::kneading:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight’s wrestling match almost drew blood. It should have. She pulls her punches. That’s love! 😻

Out of frustration, we may have developed a new pilling technique. After getting caught on her claw again and yet somehow not bleeding, I let her go and sneaked our a pill size bit of raw to hide it in before letting her at the rest. After four or five unsuccessful attempts at pilling her, she thought that pill was part rabbit and kept at it until she swallowed it. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That poor elections fellow must be down to six or five fingers now. There may have been a thumb among the pudding blowout. And that’s why I get the PFE exclusive pee pads! They are the only ones big enough to catch runoff beneath the box AND a couple inches up the wall. We needed that tonight. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Her cup runneth over.

I still say we’re making progress because as messy as this poop cruddite has been, it appears we’ve achieved a kind of regularity. This suggests the yeast is doing its thing.

But we haven’t firmed up yet. For that, I’m adding half a Proviable to her midnight portion. Maybe we’ll have solids by tomorrow night. 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever that 3am bonus was just now, she contained it within the box and buried it. Now that’s progress! I’m sure it was soft and stinky. But that’s all I could tell as I was digging it out.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever that 3am bonus was just now, she contained it within the box and buried it. Now that’s progress! I’m sure it was soft and stinky. But that’s all I could tell as I was digging it out.
We are grateful for every bit of progress, yes? Wishing you and Krista a very happy CATurday and SUNday!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose the 3am bonus business has suspended her morning delivery.

I baited her evening pooper with a home cooked meal for myself. And still. No poop!

Where’s the poop?

I want to believe she’s taking her time to get it right. But history has not favored this outcome.
🤞

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to feed her the pred pill in a bite of rabbit. She ate around it. We tried this a few times. Each time she ate around it. I stuffed it into the remaining portion and watched her like a hawk. My nose to her nose.

And when she was almost done and the pill still remained, “I gave you a chance and now we have to do it my way.”

I lifted her off the desk back to the floor, and pilled her easily enough. Even if she fought me all five seconds of it. Then off and away, “go finish the portion.”

We will try letting her take the pill voluntarily a few more times. Hopefully she’ll catch on that swallowing the pill voluntarily is a lot easier than the alternative.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🐈🧐🤞💩
Still on poop watch.

Still hoping for the best outcome. She’s been taking s boulardii twice a day now rolled into a bite of raw. I have given her a Proviable in her bedtime meal for a second night in a row. There must be something extra appealing about it because she becomes extra pushy for this portion after I’ve poured out the capsule. Like steal food off the plate while I’m weighing it kind of pushy. 🐽😹😻

Still waiting for the results of the Proviable inclusion.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At about 3am, we finally had 💩👏🍾

And just a tiny wet carpet bonus. 💦💩

The poop had an impressive log. And some pudding. But it was all contained in the box. Didn’t even splatter a wall of the box. If that was the end of it, we’d be throwing a party.

But the little carpet squirt. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 🙊

Still. Huge progress towards solid poops again. If she didn’t wait so long, it probably would have been all solids and no squirts.

No poop pukes though.👏👍

Status
Not open for further replies.