Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a cutie! 😻 looks like she’s feeling better now having completed her third dinner of the night. Feeders are out. So it’s only belly rides she needs to wake me for until morning.
7553100C-75FD-4C4A-B501-594C3CD6A83A.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a difference a day makes!

She was eating very slowly, leaving food on the plates yesterday because of her morning barf.

I am thinking her morning barf was a new enzyme cleaner (Skout's Honor) I was trying. It has a fragrance. Not as bad as the Nature's Miracle but it's there. And apparently she told me she does not approve. So back to Pet Food Express I went last night and picked up a huge bottle of their PFE Exclusive unscented cleaner. I don't like being dependent on PFE exclusive items like this cleaner and her pee pads (the only ones big enough to go under her boxes and provide some coverage up the wall for those blowouts.) But better options I look for and better options I have not found.

On the plus side, no further blowouts from either end yesterday after the morning barf.

Thinking maybe the raw rabbit has something to do with it, I gave her another half ounce this morning. Until she shows me otherwise, I think I'll offset an ounce of her normal diet with lower fat, more digestible homemade raw rabbit portions. Besides, she is so so crazy love adorably pushy for her raw. I really need to video one of these meal preps. She practically tries to steal the food from the baggie, from the spoon, from the plate, if she thinks she has a chance at stealing a bite, she will push her way into the prep, making the cutest trills and meows (mrrrr-eeeow!) like the little fur pig she is.

I wish I could afford it as a full-time food.

I don't have food scores on Sunday because I wasn't feeling great, like circling the sick bowl. But I took medicine, rested, slept a lot, and managed not to get sick after all. In the meantime, everything was so automatic with her feeding and eating on Sunday. I don't have a score yesterday because I don't keep score on barf days. That's her day to eat as she wants in order to sort herself out. Today, I think I'm going to aim for 9 oz. I increased the food amount because she was so hungry all the time. Now I want to reduce some of her daytime food to see if we can stretch out her daytimes so I can get more work hours in the office and also because I think her daytime digestion is maybe not as great as her nighttime digestion since her evening poops are the ones that are still dicey.

She's been done with first breakfast for 20 minutes now. I put out the lights fifteen minutes ago. Time to put this way and steal another hour or two of sleep before second breakfast and when I have to get ready for the office. Maybe next week I'll wake and work from 6am.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a difference a day makes!

She was eating very slowly, leaving food on the plates yesterday because of her morning barf.

I am thinking her morning barf was a new enzyme cleaner (Skout's Honor) I was trying. It has a fragrance. Not as bad as the Nature's Miracle but it's there. And apparently she told me she does not approve. So back to Pet Food Express I went last night and picked up a huge bottle of their PFE Exclusive unscented cleaner. I don't like being dependent on PFE exclusive items like this cleaner and her pee pads (the only ones big enough to go under her boxes and provide some coverage up the wall for those blowouts.) But better options I look for and better options I have not found.

On the plus side, no further blowouts from either end yesterday after the morning barf.

Thinking maybe the raw rabbit has something to do with it, I gave her another half ounce this morning. Until she shows me otherwise, I think I'll offset an ounce of her normal diet with lower fat, more digestible homemade raw rabbit portions. Besides, she is so so crazy love adorably pushy for her raw. I really need to video one of these meal preps. She practically tries to steal the food from the baggie, from the spoon, from the plate, if she thinks she has a chance at stealing a bite, she will push her way into the prep, making the cutest trills and meows (mrrrr-eeeow!) like the little fur pig she is.

I wish I could afford it as a full-time food.

I don't have food scores on Sunday because I wasn't feeling great, like circling the sick bowl. But I took medicine, rested, slept a lot, and managed not to get sick after all. In the meantime, everything was so automatic with her feeding and eating on Sunday. I don't have a score yesterday because I don't keep score on barf days. That's her day to eat as she wants in order to sort herself out. Today, I think I'm going to aim for 9 oz. I increased the food amount because she was so hungry all the time. Now I want to reduce some of her daytime food to see if we can stretch out her daytimes so I can get more work hours in the office and also because I think her daytime digestion is maybe not as great as her nighttime digestion since her evening poops are the ones that are still dicey.

She's been done with first breakfast for 20 minutes now. I put out the lights fifteen minutes ago. Time to put this way and steal another hour or two of sleep before second breakfast and when I have to get ready for the office. Maybe next week I'll wake and work from 6am.
*Hope you both feel better soon!*
I love those trills from the fur pigs! and with something really irresistible, some cats will stand up on their hind legs and reach for the treat or bit of meat or whatever. Baby Su does this for the BRUSH. She loves to be brushed while she eats. Sometimes she purrs while being brushed and eating. That is the most adorable!!!
What a great pic of Krista! :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :hearthrob: :kneading::loveeyes:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Second breakfast and a good first poop in the books. I come out from the shower to find her stalking her feeders already.

I returned to the office this week. Still only about four hours because of commute time and her eating schedule; more hours made up at home or the tap room. I'm really only comfortable replacing one of her scheduled meals with feeders at the moment. She cleans plates easier than feeders. I forgot today is team meeting so I'll have to go home over lunch to swap out the plates and the feeders and clean any boxes.

And maybe give her a quick play too. I still don't know that she's sleeping well on the pred. But I'm not sure I want to taper just yet. Any idea how long we can stay at the intro dose? (5mg once a day) Waiting on the dr to call back. I'd feel more comfortable with another two weeks if that's not too hard on her. I feel like tapering right now would be detrimental.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Second breakfast and a good first poop in the books. I come out from the shower to find her stalking her feeders already.

I returned to the office this week. Still only about four hours because of commute time and her eating schedule; more hours made up at home or the tap room. I'm really only comfortable replacing one of her scheduled meals with feeders at the moment. She cleans plates easier than feeders. I forgot today is team meeting so I'll have to go home over lunch to swap out the plates and the feeders and clean any boxes.

And maybe give her a quick play too. I still don't know that she's sleeping well on the pred. But I'm not sure I want to taper just yet. Any idea how long we can stay at the intro dose? (5mg once a day) Waiting on the dr to call back. I'd feel more comfortable with another two weeks if that's not too hard on her. I feel like tapering right now would be detrimental.
My opinion is that each individual is unique and so each individual's reaction to drugs will be slightly, or somewhat, different. My beloved Sun did very well on pred and I didn't see any outward difference in his personality. He had regular injections at the vet for his dry-form FIP. I don't recall the duration but I do seem to remember he wasn't on it all the time, just when the doctor felt there was a need for it. He did say, and I have read, that cats in general react very well to steroids, unlike many humans. This is probably no help to you and Krista, though, because her situation is entirely different.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My opinion is that each individual is unique and so each individual's reaction to drugs will be slightly, or somewhat, different. My beloved Sun did very well on pred and I didn't see any outward difference in his personality. He had regular injections at the vet for his dry-form FIP. I don't recall the duration but I do seem to remember he wasn't on it all the time, just when the doctor felt there was a need for it. He did say, and I have read, that cats in general react very well to steroids, unlike many humans. This is probably no help to you and Krista, though, because her situation is entirely different.
Dr called back and said her initial dose is fine for a long time. She says since she is healing but not there yet (especially since she's not gaining weight yet), stick with it, and call her next week. I like the conservative approach. I forgot to ask if we need to recheck any bloodwork and at what intervals. I'll ask her next week.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was nice having lunch with Krista. The driving back and forth was a bit much. I'm glad I came home though. She left some stinky pudding in the box. Like she spilled a milkshake. But at least it was all in a box and not on a wall and/or the floor. It was a one and done. So that's progress, right?

No new puddles or piles on the carpet. Though it's still got some stains from yesterday's barf. I kinda figured it was the cleaner so I decided to give her a day or two before I do a proper pass with her preferred unscented cleaner; yesterday was simply a soapy sponge and that doesn't do a great job. The carpet is pet mess camo anyway. Most days I'm zooming in and playing my second favorite camera game, "new mess, old mess, or just a shadow?" (Favorite obviously is "where's my cat at?")

Hearty Pets in Maryland pulled 21 cans of 5.5 oz rabbit off their retail shelves and filled out the case with rabbit and pumpkin and got my order shipped out today. New Jersey thinks maybe they'll get their order from the distributor on Thursday. I'm not convinced. I ordered two more cases of the 3 oz from Incredible Pets in Sacramento.

Next up: where to find rabbit legs!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was nice having lunch with Krista. The driving back and forth was a bit much. I'm glad I came home though. She left some stinky pudding in the box. Like she spilled a milkshake. But at least it was all in a box and not on a wall and/or the floor. It was a one and done. So that's progress, right?

No new puddles or piles on the carpet. Though it's still got some stains from yesterday's barf. I kinda figured it was the cleaner so I decided to give her a day or two before I do a proper pass with her preferred unscented cleaner; yesterday was simply a soapy sponge and that doesn't do a great job. The carpet is pet mess camo anyway. Most days I'm zooming in and playing my second favorite camera game, "new mess, old mess, or just a shadow?" (Favorite obviously is "where's my cat at?")

Hearty Pets in Maryland pulled 21 cans of 5.5 oz rabbit off their retail shelves and filled out the case with rabbit and pumpkin and got my order shipped out today. New Jersey thinks maybe they'll get their order from the distributor on Thursday. I'm not convinced. I ordered two more cases of the 3 oz from Incredible Pets in Sacramento.
Sounds familiar -- and yeah, that's my favorite, too. It's amazing how a cat can hide. You look EVERYWHERE. No cat. And then, as if out of thin air, A CAT! :chessirecat:
I like the conservative approach, too. Less is best, when possible, with drugs.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds familiar -- and yeah, that's my favorite, too. It's amazing how a cat can hide. You look EVERYWHERE. No cat. And then, as if out of thin air, A CAT! :chessirecat:
I like the conservative approach, too. Less is best, when possible, with drugs.
I have narrowed down her hiding places and put cameras strategically around the house. She doesn't evade my digital eye very often. It's just a matter of which of the five or six (I have a lone PetCube apart from my D-Link army) cameras she'll be on. Her favorite hiding place is under the bookcase. That's the first place I look if she's not on the point-tilt-zoom camera or the Food camera (the two main front room cameras.) Occasionally I get a notification, "Poopcam detected a motion" but the camera mostly only ever records her leaving. I'm left guessing how it went until I get home. Or she puts something down that shows up on the other cameras.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmph!

💩👍🍦

A perfect first poop. Then she put some soft serve in another box. But they both made it to boxes and no bonus piles or puddles on the carpet after the second one. Progress!

Hopefully that also closes up the poop shop for the night too.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how much she loves her rabbit raw. I may have found a cheaper source of fryers but affordable leg separates? I would get killed on the shipping. 🤦🏼‍♂️ A couple beertenders at the tap room said they’ll take leg-less, gib-less rabbits from me if I just want to take the organs and legs and give them the rest to butcher themselves.

Morning poop has gone missing because of the 10:30 pm poop last night. I was getting used to a regular morning poop. Oh well. Hopefully it won’t be an afternoon blowout. I really need to create a new tab for her food journal. I’ve been winging it during the days.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her usually very nice morning poop turned into an afternoon melting ice cream. 🍦 I think there were likely some good formed pieces in there that culminated in milkshake that spilled over the box. No worries. I have pee pads beneath the boxes and up the wall. Cleanup was a stinky breeze.🙊 But the poop barfs she left in the front room. 😿 That makes me sad. I thought we were getting past the poop barfs. I wonder if she has too much pumpkin in her. I could try backing that off. Anyway, while I had a very captive hungry audience, I decided to give her some dirt ("because dirt don't hurt"). Dirt is what I call her soil-based probiotic from Vitality Science. I should know in 24 hours if that was the wrong thing to do. 🤦‍♂️

My other thought is a possible egg allergy with the Alnutrin and her raw portions doubling recently. I will see if I can pick up a couple fryers (cheaper than last time) and make a batch with my own supplement mix with no egg yolk. I hope the beertenders are ready for more rabbit meat.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her usually very nice morning poop turned into an afternoon melting ice cream. 🍦 I think there were likely some good formed pieces in there that culminated in milkshake that spilled over the box. No worries. I have pee pads beneath the boxes and up the wall. Cleanup was a stinky breeze.🙊 But the poop barfs she left in the front room. 😿 That makes me sad. I thought we were getting past the poop barfs. I wonder if she has too much pumpkin in her. I could try backing that off. Anyway, while I had a very captive hungry audience, I decided to give her some dirt ("because dirt don't hurt"). Dirt is what I call her soil-based probiotic from Vitality Science. I should know in 24 hours if that was the wrong thing to do. 🤦‍♂️

My other thought is a possible egg allergy with the Alnutrin and her raw portions doubling recently. I will see if I can pick up a couple fryers (cheaper than last time) and make a batch with my own supplement mix with no egg yolk. I hope the beertenders are ready for more rabbit meat.
Such a delicate balance!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Came home to a couple more puddles. I think it must have been regurgitation based on how hungry she was when I got home. If it was a sick barf, she’d be off for a day like earlier this week. I might have just over fed her today as I was free styling it between leaving to drop off the car at the mechanic and coming back from the mechanic and going out again to the tap room. I lost track. She seems no worse for the wear. But she does look even skinnier than before. How does a bag of bones get any skinnier? 😿 I will not weigh her. I have until Monday to turn this week around.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Much better poop at 3am. She still smells a little gassy. A smelly belly ride later and I think we’re both ready to get some more sleep. At least until her next feeder opens in 30 minutes. 🤦🏼‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smelly cat, why am I still smelling poop? Did you drop something somewhere you shouldn’t have?

And then I get up to check the other boxes. She had a pudding poop in the box in the enclosure. Progress that she didn’t blowout the back wall. Cleanup was straightforward enough.

She’s pestering me for her morning raw already. Soon enough.

I also picked up two fryers last night. The spendy kind at $11/lbs for $75 worth of rabbit. Of that I expect to get another 1.5 lbs of leg meat. I don’t know where the last half pound remainder is or I could have made two batches.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another repeat of the pudding poop or spilled milkshake. But if she's one-and-done, I call that disappointing, but not disastrous. I prefer single pudding poops over multi-box (potentially double-ended) blowouts no matter how good that first poop was.

I started her back on the s. boulardii.

And I've been singing all day, "Mama's just jealous, it's the Yeastie Boys!" 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn’t come home to any new puddles or piles. The night is still young.

She took her pred easy enough. But more importantly, she made the raw reward disappear. She even tolerates my pill check when she’s eating it. I give her scritches about her neck and chest to make sure she didn’t spit the pill out and save it for later.

I sense either I missed the, “I want to play” cue or she was contemplating the pros and cons of pooping while looking over her shoulder to me. She has on occasion made awkward eye contact with me while pooping. “Look what you made me do!” I’m trying. 🤦🏼‍♂️

But whatever that moment was that I was too slow to capture on “film”, the moment has passed. And now she’s happy to have first dinner part two. The canned main course that follows the raw appetizer. Smaller because the two have to share stomach with her pill, and it all has to stay down.

If there will be no poop in this shift, then I can go out and pick up some dinner for me before I begin in on those fryers. 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a stealth poop in the middle of the night. It looks like a really good one that was probably folded in half on the landing or the cover up. Looked like a good one. No pudding.

I tried to yeast her again last night and this morning and she’s just not having it. I’m omitting the pumpkin today. I got it down to such a small amount that she should be alright without it. Her poops? That remains to be seen.

It’s going to be a rabbit legs morning as soon as we’re both fed. I want to get these done with enough time to refreeze the remainder before I drop it off with the beertenders tonight. I prefer to give them frozen meat so the clock is stopped/paused. Especially since they may still have rabbit from last batch to get through.

I’m hoping that 3 am poop buys me a few hours before the next one. I don’t want my breakfast or the rabbit butchering to be interrupted by a blowout. 🤞

She spit up just a little bit at 5am. Like a spoonful. Possibly the feeder portion was too fresh going into the feeder as we started a new can at midnight. I prefer to put refrigerated leftovers in the feeders so they have more life. Doesn’t seem to be any worse for the wear so we’ll call that a one off.

And second breakfast, the unpoisoned one (no yeast) is gone! 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.