It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a guy in our bowling team who is going through hard times, unemployed, barely able to afford bowling week to week.
We help him out when he is running short and he does his best to pay us back.
The team has bowled really well and got ourselves up into second place against the top team who has 3 pro bowlers so we got the League president to bundle up all our prize monies and give it to this guy so he can afford to have his young kids stay with him for at least a couple of weeks over the Christmas holidays and get some presents for the kids.
Lots of tears last night.
Feels good to give.
To think that there are people out there that think Santa isn't real. :sigh:

Santa is very real and this is a perfect example of that. Well done. :clap2:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After the snow and ice,today has warmed up,the sun is out and things are finally melting.Hallelujah!I can live with snow if I must,but ice...not so much.
Had an opportunity to sit and watch a female red bellied woodpecker hoard her food from the feeder this morning.I've read that they do it,and I've always
wondered,but this morning she made trip after trip to the feeder,picking out just the right size piece of corn,and flew to the small maple tree.She pecked
and pecked,and that piece of corn disappeared,and back to the feeder she'd go.She'd found a crack just the right size in the bark and poked those nibs
of corn into it.There are several there!Yes,after she left,I tiptoed out there to peek.So awesome to see it being done!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cold here. Cal won't even venture out to the deck for her morning look about and I even
had a warm blanket put down. I'm drinking more tea in the morning, 2 cups of black, then I
switch to either lemon or raspberry zinger. The snow looks pretty, especially when the cardinals
and blue jays come to eat.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a pancake only much thinner usually eaten rolled up. There are all flavors.
Oh, those savory flavors sound so good! I like savory better than desserty.

My positive for today is that the impeachment thingy is over and my show is back on, The Bold & The Beautiful. I'm really getting into the love triangle between Liam, Hope, and Steffi. Does anybody else still watch soap operas? I quit for several years, but now I'm getting back into it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I got something similar for the charity I support through Amazon Smile :)

Someone I worked with at the previous job wants to meet up for lunch over the holiday break :) It may end up being dinner since I have to work while she has the week off. We actually work a block from each other now but only got to meet up with another co-worker from the same previous job for lunch just once before the weather turned cold.

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, those savory flavors sound so good! I like savory better than desserty.

My positive for today is that the impeachment thingy is over and my show is back on, The Bold & The Beautiful. I'm really getting into the love triangle between Liam, Hope, and Steffi. Does anybody else still watch soap operas? I quit for several years, but now I'm getting back into it.
I watched B&B from day 1, even taped it. Also watched Y&R as well. I no longer have tv but I wonder if I could stream it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I no longer have tv but I wonder if I could stream it.
I wish I could find a place to stream it, because sometimes it's not convenient to watch right after lunch. I watch Y&R too, I like Nick. 😍

My positive is Demi is being so cute. I'm trying to type, but he keeps crying for me to follow him. He brings me over to Maggie. I think he is asking me to make her play with him. Fat chance. Maggie does what she wants, I can't make her do anything. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.